main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends "A Subtle, Artistic Reminder" for the MMM "A Touch" Challenge.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 17, 2021.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    "A Subtle, Artistic Reminder"
    by WarmNyota

Characters: Wedge and Luke/Mara

Note 1: This is for the MMM "Just a Touch challenge"

Second Note: The lovely twin suns painting courtesy of @Bel505 "Return to Coruscant III".

----

When Wedge came by Luke's place to chat about old times and new with the Rogues, he noticed an amazing bit of artwork decorating one wall.

"Hmm, bit of home," Wedge observed. "Very nice."

Luke flushed. That was one reason he had been drawn to the painting at an art exhibit. Another was ... more subtle. The sunset glow reminded him of Mara Jade's red-gold curls as they spilled down and around her in casual moments, which he had to admit were rare indeed, so he savored them whenever he could He would never let Mara know that she had inspired the impulsive buy.

"Seen anything of Iella lately?" Luke asked to change the subject.

"Not nearly enough. We have to really work to get our schedules to sync," Wedge said regretfully. "How about you? Has Mara Jade been around??"

"Now, what would make you mention her?" Luke asked, trying to be innocent.

Wedge chuckled and clapped Luke on the shoulder. "You forget I was pining after Iella long before either of us said a thing, Luke. I know the look."

Luke laughed in turn and decided to be candid. "No, she's busy with Karrde and the Smuggler's Alliance. I do enjoy it when she finds herself on Coruscant and we can snatch a spar or quick lunch, although I'm sure I'm more enthusiastic about it than she is."

Later, when he and Mara had come to a mutually satisfying understanding about their feelings, she found occasion to admire the painting.

Luke commented, "It reminds me of home and, incidentally, of you."

Mara's green eyes widened, and then she blushed with pleased surprise. "You mean...?"

He clasped her hands and leaned in for a brief, gentle kiss. "Yes, that's exactly what I mean."

===

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Sweet little story. And Mara can be a sweetie, too, when she lets herself!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 12, 2018
    Ah, the lure of a redhead. [face_love]

Very nice.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a painting. Wedge and Luke bantering and Mara of course in it and liking it.