main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST A Sweet Perhaps. Fic-Gift for TheRynJedi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 10, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Disclaimer: Nothing is mine but the banter and yummy undercurrents LOL
    Characters: Sabine, Ezra, Hera, Luke, Leia & Han
    :D

Summary: Socializing with friends on an anniversary.

This is for the 12th Fic-Gift Exchange
    Giftee is TheRynJedi Hope you enjoy! :) @};-

Elements to include: a dilemma/mystery; a gift for someone; a cute animal.
    Characters wanted: Any of the Rebels characters, as long as they are part of the "Space Family" even after the OT has ended.

Too many Porgs! Luke thought as he scrolled through his datapadd. He certainly hadn't put them in his messaging program.

Suddenly, there was an alert message saying that someone had hacked into the 'net and put Porgs in as screen-savers.

Some people might think they're cute, but Luke had no love of them. They looked too much like something you'd have fried for supper.

He was looking for a gift for Leia & Han when a call came in from Amilyn.

"I'm stuck here on Nuba. The repairs I'm waiting on have been delayed." She said. "I cannot get to Chandrilla in time for Han's and Leia's anniversary."

Luke scowled in frustration.
    She was the surprise guest they had been arranging to spring on Leia, since she and Amilyn hadn't seen each other since the middle-high point of the Rebellion. It had taken a lot of holo-comm chatter to arrange the festivities.

Luke decided to call in a favor of another close friend. Hera Syndulla ...

She was coming anyway, as well.

Then Luke went back to gift-hunting. Aha! He found just the thing: an artistic rendering of a majestic falcon in flight.

Hera, Sabine, and Ezra arrived together and surveyed the long banquet tables. "Leia and Han sure have a lot of friends." Sabine commented, and then spied Amilyn Holdo entering from another doorway.

"Well! What do you know?" Ezra said, following Sabine's glance. "Someone with more colors than you, Sabine."

Sabine jabbed him playfully in the ribs. Good thing he had outgrown the urge to call her 'Bine.' She had glowered at him ferociously the first time he'd done that.

Hera gave them a look as if to say: "Can't you two stop for a minute? You squabble like old married folks."

Ezra winced as he caught that cautionary glance. Hera was still able to rein them in with no words needed.
    Then he signaled a server droid and grabbed a handful of sweet cream-filled pastries.

Amilyn was greeted enthusiastically by Leia and tolerantly by Han.

"So, that disreputable ship of yours still get off the ground?" Amilyn jibed.

"You better believe it. As long as I have anything to say about it."

"Leia, how do you put up with this adolescent?" Amilyn winked.

"Beats the pain-in-the butt from the wrangling Rodian and Bothan Senators." Leia rolled her eyes and they laughed.

Luke partnered Hera in a dance and shared a platter of snacks, and he told her how much he admired her exploits during the Rebellion. "If I'd known of those then," He confessed, "I'd probably have been more restless than I was. I gave my Aunt, and my Uncle especially, no end of grief."

Hera chuckled knowingly. "Adventure isn't enough of a reason to want to venture offworld. Sometimes, circumstances pull you onto the path you were meant to travel; then when you find you can make a difference, it makes all the sacrifices worth it. Or most of them." Her Force sense became sad.
    "I have only one regret." She told Luke softly. "Kanan ..."

Luke's blue eyes softened as he nodded in empathy. He knew what it was to lose those he loved. The pain eased with time, but never quite left entirely.

"I have a circle of friends that helps... More like family." Hera mused, assuring them both that she was "making do."

Luke smiled. "And Jacen."

Hera's eyes lit with affection. "Oh yes! He's my heart's joy!"

Luke thought pensively about if he would ever have a family. It was a thorny dilemma: juggling learning more about Jedi skills for himself, perhaps finding those to continue that legacy, while also wanting to have a "normal" family life. How to balance all that was something that kept him up at nights.

But this was not the time for such heavy reflections, he reminded himself and concentrated on sharing in the celebratory mood.

In the days that followed, Luke thought of Hera's litheness, her warmth, leadership skills.
    He valued her sensitivity and knack for getting to the heart of a matter with a few well-chosen words or simply by being a very compassionate listener.
    He figured Hera wasn't ready for romance & might not be for a long time, but he personally enjoyed her company and found it helpful to confide in her; if things developed between them down the road, Luke decided he wouldn't mind in the slightest.

++++

Kahara, Ewok Poet, Vek Talis and 4 others like this.
  2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Okay, this was too adorable for words! Han and Leia celebrating their anniversary is always a fabulous excuse for a plot bunny, and I loved the interaction between Hera and Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahara, Ewok Poet, Vek Talis and 2 others like this.
  3. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Thank you for the (very) early Holiday gift, Ny.

A sweet little story. It’s always interesting to see what stories people come up with based off a few random ideas.

Hmm, never thought about a possible romantic connection between Luke and Hera, interesting idea, even if she is the “older woman” (Luke & Leia are only 2 days younger than Ezra).

It did make me start to picture Hera and Luke meeting the first time, I wonder if someone would have already told either of them about the other’s Jedi connections. (Luke: “I wish I could have met Kanan.” Hera: “I don’t know how much he’d have wanted to meet you, one whiny Padawannabe was trouble enough.”)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Kahara, Ewok Poet, Vek Talis and 3 others like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You never fail to make me smile, Ny. No matter how ill I am. Totally clocked up at present, feverish, voice gone and the doctor send a test in if my recent cause for illness is back again.

But that story of yours made me forget the pain! Thanks!

5. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    They looked too much like something you'd have fried for supper.

Mmm, bacon. =P~

The pain eased with time, but never quite left entirely.

Yup, I know just what you mean, Lukie, old boy.

How to balance all that

Seems a daunting task – to have 'normalcy' while not being normal. Of course, we deal with that stuff every day, cause there is no such thing as 'normal'. Especially not around me. 8-}

Great story. I would probably have enjoyed it even more if I knew who those other people were. [face_blush] I was never much into the EU - like, not at all, lol. But still, good to see Luke barking up someone other than Mara's tree. [face_peace]

6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Nicely done, Nyota! I love how to you included so many characters, including Amilyn! :D
    Snarky for sure.:p

The meeting of Luke and Hera was nice. Being paired in a dance gave them the brief chance to chat. I enjoyed the originality of such a possible pairing as well as Luke keen observation that Hera was not ready.:)

7. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This was such a creative idea for the story! I really like seeing all of these characters together. I love Hera and Luke interacting, and their friendship seems very sweet! I could see something more developing as was hinted at the end.

=D=@};-

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, this was so sweet!, Ny And can I just say that this was a perfect ensemble cast? I felt spoiled, seeing so many characters I love interact together in such a happy, joyful setting! Where to begin with things I loved: Luke's dislike for porgs (which I can second :p), Amilyn and Han bantering about the Falcon, and Luke and his crush on Hera! Now that's a rare!pair I've not yet considered, but, whatever makes the two of them happy I'd be happy for in any way. Luke certainly has eyes for what a fine lady Hera is; at the very least, he certainly has excellent taste! [face_love]

This was so delightful to read. Thank you so much for sharing this gem! [:D]=D=

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A very sweet story with nice romance and characters

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  11. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    If you’ve seen The Last Jedi, you’ve met Amilyn, they don’t say her first name in the movie.
    Amilyn Holdo: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Amilyn_Holdo

The rest are from Star Wars Rebels.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018