main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Tangled Web We Weave (Luke's Diary. IT-era AU. A/P, others) DDC 2009 entry. UPDATE 6/25!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Specterace, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Title: A Tangled Web We Weave
    Author: Specterace
    Characters: Luke, Leia, Anakin, Padmé, Obi-Wan, Sabé, and many others, including OCs
    Timeframe: Intertrilogy-era. Starts at 13 A.E.D (After Empire Day), may lead up to the Ep.IV analog fic I'll cook up someday in this universe.
    Genre: Variable, AU.
    A/N: Don't ask me why I'm doing this when I've already got Tides and Journey going. I'm insane. But this is yet another thing that won't leave me alone until I scratch the itch. It's NOT an entry for DDC 2009, since the deadline is passed. Call it a little thing I'm doing to amuse myself.

-------------------------------------------------------

Diary Entry #1

Dear Diary:

It's kinda weird to write this. I mean, it's not like you're actually a person or anything. But still, everyone I've asked says that you normally write to a diary like they're your friend, since you pretty much tell them (but wouldn't this be more like "write" them?) about all kinds of stuff that goes on in your life. Kind of like you would with a friend. So I'm going to write to you like you're my friend, too.

My name is Luke Skywalker. I'm a 12-year old human boy from Naboo, who lives in a village called Petérnia, in the mountains of Naboo's Lake Country. I've got blond hair, blue eyes, and really light skin. I'm a little short for my age, which is really annoying. I mean, I can't think of a single day when I haven?t been reminded of how short I am since forever. If it isn't my PE teachers at school who make us all line up by height for games like net-ball (three guesses who's the last boy in the line), it's those bullies at school who keep teasing me about it every chance they get, and have been since my first day. And if it isn't my sister always bragging about how she's taller than me, it's my dad who keeps calling me "big guy" every day, as if he thinks that's supposed to make me happy or something.

Someone should probably tell my dad that calling a boy "big guy" is usually nice and all, but it's not so nice when his own younger brother's been taller than him for a year running. In that case, it makes it look like a put-down.

Oh, I kinda forgot to tell you about my family. I've been talking about my dad and my sister and my brother, and I haven't even told you who they are. You must be thinking I'm an idiot, huh? Well, I'm not! I just, uh, forgot to tell you about them. Or about my family. I guess I'll do that now.

My dad's name is Anakin Skywalker. And no, in case you were wondering, he's not THAT Anakin Skywalker. He's got his name, but my dad's no Jedi who saved Naboo or fought in the Clone Wars, way back when. While the "Jedi Anakin" was off being a hero during those years, my dad was busy first being an off-world refugee with no name (he took up Anakin's name to honor him, something A LOT of kids living on Naboo back then seem to have done too, since there's like a quarter of a million or so "Anakin Skywalker"s on Naboo and in the Chommell Sector right now by the Empire's last census count, most of who seem to have "Blond" and "Blue" on the lines talking about hair and eyes), and then being a mechanic and navigator on one of the Navoir Shipping and Transport Corporation's interstellar freighters. In other words, he's just a normal human, just like me. He's also got blond hair and blue eyes, like I do. The bad thing is, he's something else that I'm not, but I wish I was.

He's tall. Really, REALLY tall. I mean, if I wanna see my dad's face, he's either gotta lean down and see me, or I've gotta look up as high as I can to see him. Unless I step back like six feet or so. Then I can see his face okay. But I guess that what happens when a four-foot tall boy tries to look into the face of his dad who stands over six feet tall.

And when I say he's got blond hair, I mean he's got A LOT of blond hair. And it's long, too. If I had to guess, he probably wears it down to about his shoulders or something. Which for a guy, is really long.

Or at least, that's what Mom says. Though I think she really likes it that way, since I always s

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm gonna love this! Please put me on the PM list. I love the reality you've created for the Skywalkers here.

And when I say he's got blond hair, I mean he's got A LOT of blond hair. And it's long, too. If I had to guess, he probably wears it down to about his shoulders or something. Which for a guy, is really long.

Or at least, that's what Mom says. Though I think she really likes it that way, since I always see her run her hands through it every chance she gets. Like it's her favorite toy or something, which is kinda weird. I mean, how can hair be your favorite toy? Me, I'd prefer one of those N-1 starfighter models Uncle Darred got me for my birthday. Though I do remember pulling my sister's hair a lot when we were little, but that doesn't really count anymore.

Oh, great. There I go again, talking about more people you don't even know about yet. Don't worry, I'll get to tell you about them all eventually. Just trust me, okay?

[face_laugh] [face_love] =D=

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very nice AU you've got going.

And I'm a sucker for the Skywalkers staying together and raising their family.

I do feel bad for little Luke, though. It's got to be tough being the smallest and a male.

Please PM me when you update

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Specterace

Jun 4, 2005
    VadeyKim: I'm gonna love this! Please put me on the PM list. I love the reality you've created for the Skywalkers here.

Thanks! I love making that reality too. Tell you the truth, writing about a reality like this has been in my head since the beginning of 05', before ROTS. Watching AOTC again grabbed me so much that I wondered what it would be like to see a SW reality like this. So the last several years, I've been coming up with this. This Diary just hit me as a great way to show that AU universe from someone's POV. Hope you like the rest, when it comes.

Kelia: Very nice AU you've got going.

And I'm a sucker for the Skywalkers staying together and raising their family.

I do feel bad for little Luke, though. It's got to be tough being the smallest and a male.

Please PM me when you update

Looking forward to more

Thanks for the compliments. I'm big on a Skywalker family AU-universe too. Always have, always will. And yes, it's tough being short. I mostly know since for the longest time, I was the shortest one of my crew of friends. Since I grew up and only child, they were like my "brothers" and "sisters".

And the PM list right now is:

VadeyKim
    Kelia

If anyone else wants a PM, let me know.

Specterace

5. Specterace

Jun 4, 2005
    Alright guys, the next part is up.

--------------------

Diary Entry #2

Dear Diary:

Sorry I had to cut you off there last night. Mom and Dad can get pretty serious when it comes to our bedtime. They weren't always that way, at least not after Leia and I turned 10. But suddenly, they've now started being really tight about that stuff. They're not saying why, but I'm guessing that little stunt Ulic and I pulled a few months ago didn't help.

You see, we'd finished our flight sim game that day all tied up, with the same number of matches won and ships taken out. It was dead even. We had no other tiebreaker other than to keep playing. The thing is, though, our parents called us to bed right in the middle of the last match.

We weren't happy about that. Plus, we still had a game to settle.

So rather than going to bed like good little boys (and like Leia), me and Ulic stayed there awake for a good hour or so, waited for the lights in the house to go out, and then got out of bed and tried to sneak into the basement to finish our flight sim game. We were as careful as we could be, and didn't make a sound or do anything to wake our parents up. But still, somehow, Dad figured out we were down there and found us both about a couple minutes after we'd strapped in. Don?t ask me how. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Anyway, he got pretty ticked off at us for trying to trick him and Mom so we could play past our bedtime. He didn't yell or anything, but his eyes narrowed like he was a Nexu about to bite or something. Then he started telling us that we were in big trouble, and if we didn't go to bed right then, we'd be in even bigger trouble with him and Mom. That he wouldn't let us turn on the Holonet for two weeks, and every minute we stayed there would add another week. Or something like that.

Whatever he said, Dad made his point. Ulic and I ran off to bed in a heartbeat, and got ready for the big lecture we knew would come later. We knew Dad still loved us and all, but him loving us never stops him from chewing us out when we mess up. Or stops Mom from lecturing us, either. Or stops her from taking away our flight sim time if we get into fights at school. And on and on.

But that's my parents for you. They may love us, but they're not pushovers. Not to us, not to anybody (except maybe Dad when it comes to Leia). And being chewed out by Mom and Dad isn?t the kind of way I like to spend an hour or three of my afternoon.

Still, though, being told off by Mom and Dad isn't nearly as bad as having to put up with Leia after they do it. You see, every time Mom and Dad punish me and Ulic, Leia's there in our face in about a second to start teasing us about how we got in trouble and how we're supposed to be good kids like she is. And the sad thing is, she always gets away with it, since she's got Mom and Dad thinking she's the perfect little girl who never gets into trouble. Man, if only Mom and Dad REALLY knew about Leia, and REALLY knew about the stuff their "princess" pulls in school when no one but me and Ulic are looking, I think they'd chew her out as much as they do me and Ulic.

Or at least, Mom would. Dad, I'm not so sure about. I mean, he's the one who keeps calling Leia "Princess", even though she's not royalty. I mean, it's not like Dad's a real king, or Mom's a real queen. Maybe Dad THINKS Mom's a queen, since he always treats her like one and does lots of stuff when she asks him to. But that doesn't mean she's got royal blood. So why does he keep calling Leia "Princess" when she's not one? I mean, she's annoying enough already. The last thing we need is for her to start going around thinking she's royalty, too. She'd be impossible then!

Anyway, enough about them. Let's talk about some other stuff, like how life in school is.

I go to this little public school in Petérnia called Brahné Academy. It's a school named after one of Naboo's most important rulers, Queen Brahné. You see, Queen Brahné was born here in the Lake Country, not too far away from Petérnia. So there's a lot of stuff around here that's na

6. Big_Darth_D

Big_Darth_D Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2008
    Nice story

I've never posted anything but I love to read anything A/P related.

The Korriban picture is like the Iwo Jima pic right?

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh nicely done! I love how you're giving us all this background info without bogging down the story! =D= That's not always easy to do! :p

Which makes me wonder: Is there, like, an "Anakin Skywalker Club" out there or something? Where the members are all people who started calling themselves "Anakin Skywalker"? If there is, then how do they tell one Anakin from the other by name? Do they give themselves nicknames, or do they call themselves "Anakin 1", "Anakin 2", "Anakin 3", and on and on? If they do that, it'd be funny to see what they call Dad if he joined that club. I know I'd be rolling on the floor laughing my butt off if I heard someone call Dad "Anakin 185,983" or something like that. And it'd be funny to see what they would have called the original Anakin if he were still alive to join.

[face_laugh] =D=

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    And by the way, that image Luke was talking about (the one where Anakin, Kitster, Obi-Wan, and a few others are raising the Republic's flag on a mountain in Korriban) is actually me making a reference to something from the real world. A cookie for the first person who can correctly guess what I was referencing.

[face_thinking] I think Big_Darth_D is right. Any other pictures of troops raising the flag would be copycats of that famous picture (such as when the firefighters raised the US flag at 9/11's ground zero).

9. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    It all makes me sad, and a little mad,

I'm glad to see Luke cares about the injustices the Empire is inflicting on the Galaxy.

Perhaps he'll even want to do something about it....

I loved this look into his life, from goofing off with his brother, to getting punished to life at school.

Great update

=D= =D==D= =D=

10. Specterace

Jun 4, 2005
    Reply Time!

Big_Darth_D: Nice story

I've never posted anything but I love to read anything A/P related.

The Korriban picture is like the Iwo Jima pic right?

Thank you very much.

Aaaaand, we have a winner! Yes, that was a reference to arguably the most famous photograph of all time (at least in the eyes of those who live in the USA): "Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima". Good job, Big_Darth_D! You get a cookie.

Now the big question is, which kind do you want? I've got chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal&raisin, sugar, and lots more. Take your pick :p.

VadeyKim: Thanks for the compliments. And I'm glad yo u like the info. I like to reveal background stuff (without revealing EVERYTHING), but not everyone likes it. So to read that you like it is great. And I'm glad you like the "Anakin Skywalker Club" bit.

More replies later, as I'm on a 10-minute computer and I used up more time than I thought I had...

Specterace

11. Specterace

Jun 4, 2005
    Okay, so I promised more replies, and here they are!

Alexis_Wingstar: I think Big_Darth_D is right. Any other pictures of troops raising the flag would be copycats of that famous picture (such as when the firefighters raised the US flag at 9/11's ground zero).

And he indeed is, Alexis. And so are you for thinking he's right. So in a sense, you're right because he's right. Be sure to thank him later :p

KELIA: I'm glad to see Luke cares about the injustices the Empire is inflicting on the Galaxy.

Perhaps he'll even want to do something about it...

Yeah, I think it'd be impossible for Luke NOT to care. Or at least, impossible for anything except a DarkSide!Luke. But seeing who his parents and his older figures are in this story, the chances of him being indifferent to Imperial cruelty/xenophobia are less than zero.

And yes, he will eventually want to do something about it. And no, he won't be alone, either. But who'll do something about it with him, and how will they do it? Well, you'll have to stay tuned for that [face_mischief];)[face_whistling]

I loved this look into his life, from goofing off with his brother, to getting punished to life at school.

Great update

Thanks a lot. And I'm glad you liked it. There'll be more from where that came from, trust me.

Specterace

12. Specterace

Jun 4, 2005
    Okay, it's been a while since I updated this Diary. I'm so sorry about that. I had college to finish up and a graduation to celebrate. But hey, I'm back with an update. And it's a bit of a long one, and has some, uh, stuff you guys might find interesting. But I'll let you guys be the judge of that.

Anyway, here it is!

----------------------------------------

Diary Entry #3

Dear Diary:

Alright, I'm at the shop now. Even though, uh, I'm a day late with everything, since I promised to write to you at the shop yesterday, and I didn't do it. I know, I know, you're not supposed to break a promise to anyone, especially not to a friend. Mom and Dad have been telling me, Leia, and Ulic that over and over ever since we were little kids. If there's one thing they've been beating us over the head with for years, it's to be people who keep their word. Well, that and to be people who help other people. So I know what I did was wrong, okay? But still, it's not like I did it just to do it! I had a really good reason!

Remember when I told you that me and Ulic like to fix stuff in Dad's shop? And how I'm always learning stuff from Dad and everyone else there? Well, yesterday Dad not only started teaching us all about how to fix up the engine on a speeder, but he even let us help him out on fixing up some of the other stuff on it, too! We re-attached all the mirrors, tightened up a lot of the panels on the inside, and even got to change out and put back all the lights on the front and the back! Sure, we didn't really get to do any of the big and heavy stuff like fix up the engine or the repulsorgrips or the air-brakes or anything like that. And sure, we only really did it because we needed to get it ready before Uncle Kit has to go on that two-week business trip off Naboo he?ll be going on tomorrow. And yeah, fixing up that speeder took us a long time. In fact, it took us so long it even made us late for dinner at home! But still, me, Ulic, and Garcian all actually got to help Dad and everyone in the shop fix up something for somebody!

And if that wasn't cool enough, Dad actually promised us that he would take us in on days when school was out and get everyone to show us how to fix up all those other things we can't do yet! That means we'll be able to come into the shop and learn how to fix up those engines and airbrakes and stuff if we want to! I bet when we learn all that, me, Ulic, and Garcian will be able to use some of those parts lying around the shop to make our own speeders or speederbikes so we can race each other and stuff! You can't tell me that's not gonna be awesome! You just can't!

But, uh, you kinda gotta keep that last part a secret, okay? 'Cause I don't think Mom will be really happy if she finds out we wanna start making speederbikes to race each other with. She'll probably tell us that we're too young to be doing stuff like that, or that it's too dangerous. And then, since Garcian's in on all this too, she'll probably get Aunt Saché on the comm so she can back Mom up by yelling at him and at the rest of us for trying that kind of thing. And she'll probably get our dads to tell us off about doing that stuff, too. Even if, you know, our dads are how we?re actually doing it in the first place since they?re teaching us how to fix stuff up.

Which is kinda funny if you think about it for a second. I mean, don't the history pads say Anakin Skywalker was only, like, nine years old when he flew an N-1 up to space and took out the Trade Federation's control ship all those years ago? And since Mom, Dad, Aunt Saché, and everyone else were alive to see it back then, wouldn?t they remember something like that? I know I would, anyway. So if Anakin Skywalker could fly a kriffin' spaceship at nine years old, why can't I ride a speederbike at twelve? Or Ulic and Garcian at nine, either? It's not like they can say age is a reason anymore, or at least they can't when they're always telling us that one of our greatest heroes flew a snubfighter at nine years old! If a nine year old can fly stuff, then a nine year old can drive

13. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    if there is a pm list can i be added please

this is great so far:D

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Our repair shop is called Loose Wire Repairs. We at Loose Wire Repairs (and since I'm one of the guys here now, I can actually say "we") can take all kinds of orders on all kinds of things, from home appliances and heavy duty tools to droids and computer terminals of all sizes. But the things we really do better than anything is fixing up speeders, swoops, and just about any kind of vehicle you can think of that runs on an engine. Really, fixing up vehicles and engines is such a specialty of ours that people hire us to fix more of those than they do anything else. I guess it's ?because it's a lot easier to find people who can fix up stuff like food processors and cleaning droids than it is to find someone who can fix up a speeder or a yacht. Or a replicator, or a stove and a fridge unit.

Okay, I haven't even finished reading the post. I'm going to do that as soon as I finish posting this response. But I loved this so much I just had to highlight it. It just really struck a true note with me! Loving this story more with every post! =D=

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    How the heck did it get to be time to shut up shop already so quickly?

Because time always flies when you are doing something you love to do :p

I'm glad to see Luke is enjoying life and able to work in Loose Wires.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Any chance you plan to add more? This is a good diary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.