main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Tapestry Wide and Wonderful - A/P romance, AU - updated 9/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    She hasn?t changed, was his first thought.

I still love her, was his second.

Awwwwwww!!!!! Just perfect! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

2. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    You really have a way of tugging at the heartstrings. Despite everything Anakin's built up for himself, he's still alone.

But now he's found Padme... and he STILL loves her, even after twelve years. I wonder what's become of Padme over that time? [face_thinking]

Could I be added back to your PM list? [face_praying] I had some massive DRL over the last few weeks which kept me from the computer.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Darth_Marrs I hope so! ;)

dianethx
    Anakin follows his heart, that's for sure! :D And congrats on winning the PT rewrite contest! =D=

Blue_Milkshake I'm glad you like it! :p

randomangel22 Maybe... [face_whistling]

VA_Parky It's different writing Anakin as a non-Jedi. I want to make sure he's still Anakin, just without some of the baggage that being a Jedi placed on him. Hopefully that's working. :)

Jturtle They're two very different people, that's for sure. :p

JediMaster_Jen Me too! [face_batting]

Aiel I'm glad you liked it! :D

palpyisgod2 Yeah, this story is pretty mushy! [face_laugh] Right now. [face_mischief]

DragonLotus Will do and thanks for reading!

ROTSFan Yeah, he's SO good at distancing himself from his emotions and stuff. ;)

FitJedi It's definitely Padme! :cool:

HandmaidenVeme :D

Tatooine_Ghost Oops, sorry! I've had this ready, but got distracted.

dtdang2 Here you go!

Mirik Will do!

KELIA So does Anakin! [face_mischief]

Yorkshire-Gal I think he's steadier now than as a Jedi. Let's hope so anyway! :D

jedilegolas Thanks!

Jedi_Master_Cazz I hope you like what's coming!

Gina Thank you! [:D]

jedi_princess18 Sure! And thanks for reading!

[b]Chapter 4[/b]

?Anakin,? she said softly, repeating his name. Slowly her eyes ran up his long, lean form and she gave a chagrined smile. ?You?re all grown up.? Padmé laughed softly and shook her head. ?I shouldn?t be surprised, I guess. It?s been-?

?Eleven years and seven months,? Anakin interrupted before he could help himself. Then he bit his lip and shrugged, trying hard not to look embarrassed. ?Or thereabouts,? he added with a wink.

?You?ve grown up as handsome as I suspected you?d be,? Padmé said warmly. Anakin placed his hand on her elbow and discreetly directed her away from the crowd.

Somewhat surprised that he had been able to speak, Anakin tried to still the trembling in his body. A light sheen of sweat broke out above his lip and he felt an almost irresistible urge to tug at his collar. Suddenly his clothing seemed too tight and he could feel a flush heating his face and neck.

[i]Stop it.[/i]

Then they came to a quiet corner and she turned, their eyes meeting once more. She tilted her head back as she let her gaze travel up the lean length of him and she grinned. ?My goodness, you?ve grown.?

?A boy tends to do that in eleven years,? he said smoothly.

?And seven months,? Padmé teased, her eyes glinting with laughter.

He gave her the half-smile that worked so well the other women he knew and he was gratified to see an awareness of him as a [i]man[/i] flicker in her eyes. He was much more than a boy she had once known; now she could see him as a man, a handsome and interesting man. At least, he hoped she found him interesting and handsome.

For a moment, they both fell silent, staring at each other, each taking stock of the changes more than a decade had made. For Anakin, the years fell away in a blink and once more he was a lonely young boy holding fast to the memory of a new friend. He could almost feel the brush of her kiss on his forehead, the warmth of the blanket she had wrapped around his shivering shoulders.

That memory was as fresh to him as the events of a few moments ago. He had a feeling it always would be.

Padmé merely looked at him, clearly bemused and bewildered at the feelings he stirred inside of her. He saw her confusion in her eyes, the way her pulse sped up and her hand went to her throat. She was exquisitely [i]aware[/i] of him; he heard it echo through the Force like a lover?s soft whisper.

They were strangers, and yet? They were so much more ? already.

?May I invite you to dinner?? he asked suddenly, ending the moment because it threatened to overwhelm him. He could let himself drown in his awareness of her. Better t

4. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    That was sweet. [face_batting]

5. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    LOVE IT! [face_love]

It's been such a stressful week over here in VA_Parky land. My husband and I are in the process of trying to buy a house, get ours ready to put on the market, etc. So you can imagine the hoops I've been jumping through. [face_hypnotized]

Yet it all fell away with this post! For the past several minutes, I have been lost amid a wonderful, warm sea of mush. And boy, am I enjoying it!

Great, great post!! Thanks for the wonderful update. I love the way this is shaping up. Anakin and Padme are different people than they were when they first met, yet that connection is still there. BIG TIME.

I can't wait to see what happens next!

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Wow, he's moving at lightspeed and she's really happy that he is. Love the banter. He's so much less awkward than as a padawan. I would have expected it, of course, since his life has been so different. He really is sweeping her off her feet. I just wonder if we will ever see Obi-Wan or if Anakin isn't the chosen one in this story.

Great job.

Thanks about the win. I'm having fun with the colors more than anything else. LOL.

7. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    OMG that was so sweet! He's quite forward, isn't he? Declaring love before the first date has even finished!

I love the way you write the interactions between these two! Great job, as always!!

8. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Okay I'm officially a pile of gooey mush VaderLVR64 and its all because of you [face_blush] :p!

Well, Anakin sure is much more confident than ever before and is already making the moves on Padme [face_laugh].

Great post and can't wait to see what happens next!

9. MotionWright

MotionWright Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    Wow! This is a very exciting story. The concept of Anakin as a rich and famous podracer is quite original, and his interaction with Padmé took my breath away. That was such a beautiful, emotionally charged description sequence ... and I loved the dialogue no less.

10. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Very sweet.

And nice.

Sweet.

Great job!

11. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    jeez, I'm melting from all the mush...

12. jedilegolas

jedilegolas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2006
    ?You?re trying to sweep me off my feet,? she accused. ?And doing a rather good job of it.?
    ---yes, indeed! *swoons* Their conversation and your descriptions were absolutely delightful. I just absolutely loved this chapter! [face_love] I just don't know what else to say since I have turned into one big pile of mush! Wonderful!

13. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Aww, love the mush. He is charming, isn't he?

14. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Ohh my... sparks are flying I must say, and I'm loving it! Loving it loving it loving it. You write it so incredibly well- both of their unsuredness and timidness comes through with flying colors.

15. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Gorgeous, I think poor Padme's caught in Anakin's suave little trap. ;)

Great work and thanks for the PM! :)

16. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Mush is so delicious!

Can we have seconds?

17. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    (pants at latest update)....that was hawt. =P~ These two are going to steam up this story before long, at least if Anakin has anything to say about it [face_love]

18. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Thanks for the PM!

?I?m not,? she answered immediately and then blushed at her own quick response.
    Yay! Single = Good

Padmé frowned. ?I?ve been following your career with interest, and you haven?t even cared enough to see if I got married.? Her tone was disgruntled, her expression troubled.
    Spunky = Very Good

Then he moved to whisper in her ear, ?If I heard you got married, I didn?t trust myself not to rush in and challenge the lucky bastard to a duel.?
    Anakin Skywalker, watch your mouth! ;)

19. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Very cool post! Very cool indeed! Keep em coming you must!!!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

20. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    because English is not my first language i had to consult with dictionaries with some words (not that i complain :)):-B

Anakin has some very good pick-up lines[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

good story..=D==D=

21. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Vadey, I think I need to be on the update list for this, too. :) Can't wait to see more!

Bright

22. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...that was sweet.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I loved how shy and compeltely attracted to each other Anakin and Padme were.

?You?re too charming for your own good, Anakin Skywalker.?

I agree =P~ =P~ =P~

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

23. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Wow. It was starting to get hot in here.... [face_love]

Loved the mush! Looking forward to more!

Thanks for the PM! :)

24. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
  25. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    This is a great story and I love this kind of AU's specially 'cause you haven't mentioned Palpatine!! I can't wait to see more of it thanks :), be well and take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.