main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT A Thread For Prequel Fans To Discuss New Star Wars Content (spoiler tags required)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenW

KenW Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 25, 2015
    We all know Lucas hates the studio system. I wonder if George Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney knowing it would destroy them. Disney's success, and the empire they have over so many IP is their hubris. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Just think. Disney inherited the fanbase that brought him down.

2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Man of Steel Worldwide: $668,045,518
    Guardians of the Galaxy Worldwide: $774,176,600

That's why WB is scared. A movie comprised of heroes that nobody ever heard of made more money than a film with the most popular superhero on the planet. ;)

Both films should be afraid of Star Wars though. I don't think it's going to break all records (certainly not Titanic's or Avatar's), but it will definitely break all December records. The biggest opening for a December film is Hobbit 1 at $84M. TFA should do $100M at least. People seem to be excited for it. Though I'm not one of them for various reasons. :p

One of which is no George Lucas. :(

3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Remember when Ep VII was first announced we were told Lucas would stay on in an advisement capacity......here we are 3 years later and we now know that was all BS:p

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Well when he was writing/planning JJ was known to be talking to George practically every day. I'm thinking they meant for script/character writing, not the actual film-shooting/editing process.

5. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Are you saying that overconfidence is their weakness? :p

Jarren_Lee-Saber and KenW like this.
  6. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I believe that the ST can only make the Saga better as a whole. I'm very optimistic about the future of Star Wars.

7. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Wow. That's dark.

Lucas: "Everything is pro-cee-ding as I have fore-seen ...Huh ha ha ha ha ha ha haagh!"

Mrs. Lucas: [face_plain] ..."Just take the garbage out, okay?"

9. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    I've was drifted between Milner and Curt. I think right now I need my Wolfman Jack moment.

"Hey, have a popsicle."

10. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    You know as some have said on Twitter, including myself, these photos remind me of the PT and its behind the scenes pics. :p

11. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Now that you mention it, the desert planet pics remind me of some of the Tattoine BTS stuff from TPM

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    that because they are being taken by annie leibowitz who took the ep 1, 2 and 3 pics.

13. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i got the TPM and AOTC Vanity Fair books at the time. Don't remember if i got ROTS, have to look for that later.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Soon Disney will be crushed and my plan will be complete!

KenW, Jarren_Lee-Saber and mes520 like this.
  15. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    I can see a situation where Disney gets brought down by Star Wars, and resells it back to Lucas for only a billion. Lucas then proceeds to scrap the ST, makes his own ST, and rakes in billions more.... Then the fans argue how Disneys ST was better.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  16. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

What will you guys do if the ST is loved and considered better than the PT? What if it all works out that the Star Wars fire is rekindled?

17. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    If the ST (which I consider unwise to term so) rekindles the spark for SW good. However, I do not look forward to *more* needless divisions.

I could see SW being completely run aground within a few years.

18. mikeximus

Jan 6, 2012
    Stop it. Stay on topic.

19. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013

The last Hobbit was the only Middle Earth film I've seen in the theater. While I didn't necessarily enjoy the story, I adored the high frame rate. It just made me imagine what the SW universe could look like with that type of cinematography...

I don't miss George's scriptwriting, nor do I miss his directing, but man, oh man, do I miss his vision... :(

20. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    I will not ask you again. Stop venturing over here to stir up drama and troll. Your post is neither on topic for this thread nor does it have a place in this forum.

You have been cited time and time again for it by numerous mods, and the next time I see it, there will be a substantial ban.

21. mikeximus

Jan 6, 2012
    Deleted. Cool off and get back on topic - this is not a thread to discuss "PT fans" and "OT fans," or that either fanbase has received preferential treatment, a paranoid and ludicrous claim in and of itself.

22. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I just saw an article where Kennedy really only states that the big change(s?) they made were the characters' age. If that's all they changed then I'm fine with that. I won't link to it here though, it's got Prequel negativity in it - don't worry, I (respectfully I hope) called the author out on it in the comments section.

23. Chrisf001

Chrisf001 Jedi Padawan

Dec 2, 2014
    I think I found the article you reference. Later in the article it basically says, in late 2013, Abrams and Kasdan started from scratch.

24. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    It apparently only took them 3 months to write a script from scratch. Doesn't really fill me with confidence but we'll see.

25. Chrisf001

Chrisf001 Jedi Padawan

Dec 2, 2014

Heh. Agreed but some movies succeed very well being written on the fly. So who knows.

It is hard for me to believe they rewrote it from scratch AND paid a lot of attention to both an overall trilogy arc and this entry's place in a nine-film saga. But maybe they have the major beats mapped out for the ST.

This pessimist doubts it though ;).

KenW and Bail B. Baobab like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.