main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A trip in Koeln

Discussion in 'German Speaking FanForce' started by MARCOLAS, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    Hello everyone !
    Haven't been there for a long time...

Kendra and I are thinking about having a little trip in Cologne in December. We would like to see Christmas markets and especially the medieval market.

Nothing is planned by now, we are thinking of coming with some friends (not part of FF), we don't have any place to sleep, and so...

But, if some of you are still there, we'll be happy to meet :)

- Marc

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    That are great news!! :D

Do you need any help with hotels or traffic (how to get to a certain place) or so on? Just let us know and we do our best to help you. :)

Btw the FF Köln (or better those GSFF members who live in Köln) has grown. We are three people at the moment, not just two. :p
    But sadly Rosa will be in Spain when you're here. So you have to deal with us two - or better at least the known two people plus maybe some more FF members. [face_devil] :p

Btw shall we try to bring up another FF meeting this year? ;)

3. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    W00t! :D
    You both are very welcome! Seeing you again here! :D

W00t! :D

4. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    [face_frustrated]
    WOnderful..someone visits us and I'm not here.

But you come to visit wonderful:p Cologne!

5. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    I'll need help a little bit later Sabine, I have to check with my friends first. We don't know if we stay in Cologne for one night or go back to Belgium to our friend's.
    But I'll keep you in touch.

And, of course, we'll be really happy to see you :D
    (and it will be my first time in Germany, haven't spoken in German since high school)

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You can speak German? :eek: Have you ever mentioned that before? :confused:

Just let me know, when you need anything. :)

7. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    You can? Glad to hear, I can't speak French. :p

8. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    Never Sabine, my German is awful but I spent two years studying it.
    I only remember some important stuff like frühstück, würtz, guten tag, danke schön, and so...

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I see, but it would be cool to hear you saying those words or maybe a small sentences. :)

Btw what does würtz mean? :confused:

10. Kendra

Kendra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    Hello !
    I am Marcolas' s girlfriend (do you remember me ?) and I confirm, Marcolas's German is almost non-existing.
    He refuses to say a single sentence of German to me ALTHOUGH he sometimes accepts to speak some Arabic. So his German must be really small !

Thanks for your welcome ! :)

Yes, we would be very grateful if you helped us to find a place (a cheap place !) to sleep, and if you explaned us the transport system : buses ? subways ?

We would be very happy tou meet you, to spend a day with you, to have a meal with you, to get drunk (with beer) with you... LOL (I don't drink beer at all, anyway, and very very very few alcohol -only sweet coktails)
    But Marcolas is from Belgium, so he is ready to bet that there is no better beer than Belgian beer.
    It would be worth checking !

So, we arrive ont Saturday the 8th, and leave on Sunday the 9th (at 17:14). I don't remember the tim of our arrival. But it is around mid-day.

I am going to see Germany !!!! At last !!!

11. Kendra

Oct 4, 2001
    And I update : two other French friends may come, too.
    Is that a problem for you ?
    They are not from Fanforce, they are Tolkien's fans. But they are very friendly a,d they like to meet other people.

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Hi Elisa! [:D]

Don't worry, we are going to help you with the bus/subways/ect., but give us (or at least me) a bit time, because I have to work today and tomorrow. But I shall be able to give you some information on Sunday or latest on Tuesday. :)

More friends? So its you and Marc plus four friends, right? That's no problem of course! :D
    Do they all need a place to sleep? :)

13. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    Hi Elisa! :) [:D]

It is near impossible to forget you and Marc! :)

And it is no problem that you are accompanied with some other friends. They are welcome! :)

We will see to show you the nice place and give you interesting tour through Cologne. :)

14. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    this is Elisa hiding behind Marc's login.

Thanks a lot !

Indeed, I don't know whether our friends will need a place to sleep. I am going to ask.
    And to be honest, it is even probable that they won't come.

I think I should summarize :

- We are absolutely sure to come (we have bought our tickets). We arrive at 12h45 on Saturday, and leave at 17h14 on Sunday
    - our belgian friends, Rebeca and Guillaume, are not absolutely sure to come, but they would like to (it depends on the price of the tickets). They don't need to sleep, because they would arrive and leave on Sunday.
    - a French friend, Anne, told me she was keen on going. But she is not really reliable : she doesn't know whether she cmes or not, whether her boyfriend Guillaume (his name is Guillaume, too) will come or not.

Anyway... Anne (and maybe her boyfriend) is aware we come to see YOU, and so, she knows she will have to organize her trip according to these conditions.

I am going to write her to know what are her intentions.

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Have you got your PM, Elisa? I sent one to your account. :)

Thanks for all the information. Flo and I are working on it. :)
    Just let us know how many beds you need and if you want to sleep all in one, so we can call the youth hostel for you (just for asking of course). :)

16. Kendra

Oct 4, 2001
    I am going to read your PMs !

New information : let's forget about Anne, she is not able to tell us, so we will plan the trip without taking her into account.

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    So it's just you, Marc, Rebeca and Guillaume. Four people. Anna's boyfriend isn't coming as well, right?

I just found out that I have to work on that Saturday until 6pm. So I can't be in the city before 6:30pm (if I take all my working stuff with me) or 7:30pm (if I go home). Let's see what works best. Maybe Flo can pick you up earlier. Otherwise we'll set up a nice plan, so you won't get bored in the meantime. ;) :)
    Or do you need new shoes? :p

18. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    Good news : we had tickets, now we have a place to sleep !
    So we will be really happy to meet you all late in the afternoon after your jobs :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.