main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Twin Suns Romance,Part I:Dropping In (Beru/Owen,OC's,Humor) Completed 10/01/07, Nom. 4 best series

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Title: Dropping In
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Timeframe: Two years before AoTC.
    Note: This is the story behind my vig, Relish it With Good Observance" in which Luke didn't get a straight answer as to how his Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen met.

Summary: How Owen and Beru met and fell in love. Though I didn't plan on this becoming a series, as I did research on the Lars and Whitesun families multiple plot bunnies hit me, and now this will be a first of a series of four or five.

Disclaimer: Star Wars and the characters belong to George Lucas and LucasFilms.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beru quickly showered, washing the sweat and sand from her body. She was just rinsing the shampoo from her hair when suddenly parts of the ceiling fell at her feet. ?Huh??

?Woah!? THUMP!

?Ahh!? The eighteen-year-old blonde girl screamed in surprise as a young man that she did not recognize lay at her feet.

?Owen!? Two male voices, one Beru recognized as her father?s, called from the roof, and she heard running footsteps from above her.

The young man she assumed was Owen moaned with his eyes closed, and ignoring her unclothed state, she kneeled down to see if he was all right. The act of lowering herself allowed the water from the shower to hit Owen?s face. Slowly, he opened his eyes, and blinked.

?Are you alright?? She asked softly, her voice full of concern. She turned to switch off the water, and then looked back at him, gently rubbing the water from his face with her fingers. She smiled with a slight blush as she found him rather cute.

At first, Owen had trouble focusing and blinked a few times before he could see the most beautiful face he had ever seen. ?Um, yeah, I think.? Then his eyes widened as he realized the body this face belonged to was just as beautiful? and naked.

Several things happened at the same time at this point. First, after Beru saw the look on Owen?s face, she suddenly became painfully aware she was fully exposed, and quickly grabbed a towel to wrap around herself. Second, Owen turned his face away from her and tried to get up, became extremely dizzy, vomited, and then passed out. Third, the face of Beru?s father appeared at the freshly made hole in the ceiling.

?Beru, is he alright?? Her father asked in alarm.

She looked up at her father and mutely shook her head.

?We?ll be right down!? He said before his head disappeared. Then he looked back down. ?And Beru, get some clothes on, girl, we have guests,? he said before disappearing again.

?Ok,? she said quietly and looked back down at Owen. She gently rolled him over on his side, ignoring the mess, so if he vomited any more he would not choke on it. She smiled slightly as she looked down at him and caressed his cheek quickly before hopping out of the refresher then went to throw something on.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ha!! Isn't that an intersting way to meet someone? Funny too!

"And Beru, get some clothes on, girl, we have guests,? he said before disappearing again.

Ya think? [face_laugh]

Can I ask for PM's when you update?

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, Healer Leona.:D Yes, you can ask for a PM when I update. [face_mischief] Sorry, couldn't resist. Yes, I'll PM you when you update. :)

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    My mom has a story SOMETHING like that. Apparently when I was two I wanted to be helpful, so I led some early-arriving guests to where my mother was - just stepping out of the shower. [face_blush]

But I was only trying to help!!!

Please PM when you update this! =D=

5. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    That's the way to make a first impression!

PM me also - this is a good start, so I'm looking forward to more. :)

[face_laugh]

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I can't imagine why Beru and Owen didn't want to share that experience with Luke :p

Very cute!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    VaderLVR64: Oh, my, I can imagine the shocked looks all around and your innocent face looking up at everyone. [face_laugh]

BigE: Let's just say he really fell for her, literally. :p

Kelia: Neither do I. [face_mischief]

Everyone: Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy this next installment.

Warning: Tearjerker alert, you may need tissues, as Owen and Beru hit a few bumps early in their relationship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Owen recovered quickly, and over the next few weeks he and his father, Cliegg, came to the Whitesun household many times to help Tam, Beru?s father, make much needed repairs on the roof of their home? the hole in the roof over the refresher being one of them. Cliegg Lars and Tam Whitesun had been friends since childhood until Cliegg left Tatooine two decades previously. The two happened to run into each other when Tam and the Lars men both happened to go into Bestine to get supplies they could not find in the small towns near their residences.

Owen, though usually a hard worker who focused on the task at hand, found himself pausing in his work whenever Beru came out into the courtyard. He could not stop himself from staring down at her from the rooftop. Yet, whenever he tried to speak to her, he found himself stuttering and blushing. The trouble was, whenever they were close and he looked into her eyes, his mind kept showing him other parts of her anatomy? parts he had seen when he first laid eyes upon her. What made it worse, he felt embarrassed, not to mention nervous, looking at her when her father was so close by.

For her part, Beru thought Owen was just shy when he looked away from her as he spoke. She found him refreshing in comparison to other boys she knew who were obnoxious flirts, and took it upon herself to try to draw him out. She often poured cold refreshing drinks and brought them up to the roof for the men to drink several times a day. She would smile sweetly at Owen as she spoke, even while answering questions from her father. She tried not to be discouraged when Owen would barely smile then look away from her as he drank the drink she brought then went straight back to work.

When the work was finished, Beru felt sad when Owen left with his father. Owen felt much the same way. The looks they gave each other did not go unnoticed.

Beru?s older sister, Coolie, and her fiancé, Mik, observed the two, and decided to do something about the situation. A couple days later, they decided to invite Owen and Beru out on a double date? without telling them who their date would be.

Beru was reluctant to go out on a date with her sister. She knew the type of guys Mik tended to hang out with and had a feeling she would not like any of them.

?Come on, Beru,? Coolie laughed. ?I promise you, you?ll like this one.?

?Oh, OK.? Beru rolled her eyes.

Even though she was unenthusiastic at first, when it came time to get ready for the date, Beru anxiously prepared her hair several different ways, and tried on seven different outfits only to settle for the first dress and hairstyle she had modeled the first time.

?You look really nice.? Coolie assured her as they took the landspeeder out to rendezvous with the boys at the agreed upon location, The Last Oasis, a bar in Anchorhead which had a small dance floor.

They went inside and Coolie waved to Mik when she spotted him. Beru tried to see who was with Mik, but the man had his back turned to her. She thought there was something familiar in the young man?s build and the cut of his hair around his neck and ears. Her belly kept rolling in her nervousness as they walked over. Then as they neared, she gasped when he turned to look at her.

?Owen!? She could not keep the pleased smile from her face.

?B-beru, h-hello!? He stammered. ?You look b-b-beautiful tonight. Not that you aren?t always beautiful, b-b-but, um, you look? beautiful.? He blushed and looked away.

?Thank you.? Beru felt a pleasant wa

8. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    She looked over at him and smiled shakily. ?I? I?m sorry for how I acted? before the fight.?

?You mean for dancing with every man in the bar, leaving me sitting by myself??

Though that was what she felt bad about, having him word it that way made her defensive. ?Well, you could have asked me to dance, you know!?

?Well, you could have said no to those men, too!?

?And just sit around with someone who hardly says a word to me??

Hurt and anger seemed to swallow Owen?s tongue, and he stared ahead in silence. About an hour later, they arrived at the Whitesun homestead, and Owen just sat in the driver?s seat after powering down the landspeeder as Beru hopped out and ran inside without a word.

I loved their thoughts, so closely aligned and yet neither willing to speak up! :D

=D=

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Just saw this on the board and it is nice, real nice. Great story you are developing. Please put me on the PM list

10. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    The trouble was, whenever they were close and he looked into her eyes, his mind kept showing him other parts of her anatomy? parts he had seen when he first laid eyes upon her.

He's such a guy! :p Though it makes the next line very cute. :D

Yikes, that first date didn't turn out at all what either had hoped for. :(

11. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Gads. I hate to say it but I empathize with Owen:

Slow dancing ? sure thing!

Anything else: no way, no how.

I couldn?t dance to save my life. Drove my wife nuts back in the day but I was pretty resolute on that point.

I think most girls can dance in any fashion and look good.

For a guy, if you?re not great you just look silly?and I?d look especially silly. :p

12. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    VaderLVR64: Yeah, that's a good way not to start a relationship... don't communicate. :p

earlybird-obi-wan: I'm glad you're enjoying it. PM coming your way in just a bit.

Healer_Leona: [face_laugh] Yeah, he is. But to be fair, first impressions can be hard to ignore... and it's not like he was trying to undress her with his eyes. [face_mischief]
    Yeah, the course of true love never runs smoothly.

BigE: Hm... I've seen some girls who were dancing while being plastered out of their gourd, and they didn't look all that good to me... but then, I'm not a guy. :p

Now, on with the story... it seems I'm gonna start a pattern here: short post; long post; short post; long post. BTW, I edited my last entry to include a couple little details I forgot to mention during the brawl scene. [face_beatup] You may wish to check it out, as there is one detail that will explain something in this update. :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several minutes later, Owen still sat in the landspeeder. He dreaded going inside to face Beru?s parents, whom he was sure would assume he had harmed her in some way.

?Owen Lars, what have you done to my daughter?? Tam Whitesun bellowed as he marched purposefully toward the landspeeder.

Owen closed his eyes wearily and moaned as he leaned his head back against the driver?s seat.

?And what in the twin suns happened to you?? The older man exclaimed when he caught sight of Owen?s battered face. Not only was his nose noticeably swollen with dried blood on his upper lip, but also his left eye was nearly swollen shut by a nasty looking, black-and-blue bruise.

?A brawl broke out at The Last Oasis, sir.? He decided to answer the last question first, hoping the other man would drop the first query.

?How?s the other guy look??

?Ugly.? He conveniently left out the fact that his opponent was just as revolting before the scuffle as after.

Tam harrumphed with a slight grin. ?You aren?t the picture of beauty yourself.?

Owen chuckled as he agreed and inwardly sighed with relief. Perhaps I?m off the hook for now.

?What happened?? Tam?s voice was serious now as he held the younger man?s gaze. ?Why is Beru so upset??

Owen looked down at the steering wheel as he mumbled. ?We sort of had an argument, sir.?

?What was this sort of argument about??

?With all due respect, sir,? Owen looked up at Tam, ?it?s none of your business.? He did not wish to explain about how Beru had danced with just about every man in the bar or how jealous it made him.

Tam?s already white hair seemed to get even whiter as his face flushed a bright crimson. He quickly opened the driver?s side door. His voice was dangerously quiet as he ordered, ?Get out.?

Owen swallowed nervously and hastily obeyed, wincing slightly as pain shot through his ribs and right knee. The hour spent driving gave the tissue around both to swell.

He barely got out of the vehicle when Tam stepped closer to him, their noses just inches apart. His eyes bored into the younger man?s eyes. ?I can appreciate the fact that you may wish to keep whatever disagreement between you and Beru private,? his voice was still quiet with a sharp edge, ?but when my baby girl comes home in tears, it becomes my business! Do you understand me??

?Yes, sir,? Owen swallowed nervously, but did not break eye contact. Though he had a good fifty pounds on Tam, he would rather tangle with the huge brute back at The Last Oasis again than face Beru?s father like this. Nevertheless, he continued, ?I understand, but I would like a chance to work things out with your daughter. If you still want to know after Beru and I have spoken, and if she wants me to reveal what has made her upset, then I will.?

Tam studied Owen with eyes narrowed. After what seemed an eternity to Owen, Tam nodded with a grunt as he backed off.

?Fair enough.? He clapped the younger man on the shoulder. ?You?re a good man,

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Uh oh, now Tam Whitesun has an argument but I think he will like Owen.

Great update

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Tam studied Owen with eyes narrowed. After what seemed an eternity to Owen, Tam nodded with a grunt as he backed off.

?Fair enough.? He clapped the younger man on the shoulder. ?You?re a good man, Owen. Come in now, and let?s put a steak on that eye. Then you can talk to Beru.?

?Thank you, sir.?

?And stop calling me sir,? the older man exclaimed laughingly as they walked inside. ?It makes me feel old. Please, call me Tam.?

?Yes?? Owen stopped himself as he was about to say ?sir? again. ?Yes? Tam.? He finished awkwardly.

Loved it! =D=

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Tam?s already white hair seemed to get even whiter as his face flushed a bright crimson. He quickly opened the driver?s side door. His voice was dangerously quiet as he ordered, ?Get out.?

I thought for sure that was the end of it all. I'm rather glad it wasn't. Now it looks like Owen's got her dad on his side and that's always a good thing. :D

16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Owen is very sweet but I can certainly understand Beru's confusion and frustration!

I hope he's able to overcome his nervousness long enough to have a normal conversation with her. That is the only way they'll be able to work things out.

Loved how protective her father was.

Great updates

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    He barely got out of the vehicle when Tam stepped closer to him, their noses just inches apart. His eyes bored into the younger man?s eyes. ?I can appreciate the fact that you may wish to keep whatever disagreement between you and Beru private,? his voice was still quiet with a sharp edge, ?but when my baby girl comes home in tears, it become my business! Do you understand me??

Tell 'im, Dad!! :p

Great portrayal of the father.

Maybe now Owen is loosened up and will talk to Beru.

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Well, Tam already likes Owen, but won't let anyone hurt his baby girl.

VaderLVR64: Thanks :)

Healer_Leona: Well, this isn't an AU fiction, so I couldn't have Tam kill off Owen. [face_devil]

KELIA: I'm glad you are enjoying the story so far. I'm having fun writing it... except for yesterday when I was writing during break time at work and I fell asleep with the pen in my hand... I hope that doesn't mean that this update is so boring it even put the author to sleep. :oops: :p

BigE: I'm glad you like the father. Now you get to meet the mother. As to whether Owen will now talk to Beru, you shall soon see. [face_mischief]

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A tear trickled down Beru?s cheek as she entered her home. As she walked down the hallway to go to her room, a couple more tears followed the first, and she wiped them on her sleeve.

?Beru, honey, what?s wrong?? Her father had just come out of the kitchen to see her crying.

?I-I don?t want to talk about it right now, dad.? She bit her lip to keep from crying and rushed to the room she shared with her younger sister, Dama. With the door shut behind her, she fell on her bed and wept into her pillow.

It was not too long before she heard a light knock on the door. She sat up and wiped her eyes, taking a couple deep breaths in an attempt to compose herself before shakily calling, ?Come in.?

Tulii Whitesun came into the room and quietly came to sit on the bed beside her daughter. She put an arm around the younger woman?s shoulders and squeezed gently as Beru laid her head on her shoulder. ?What?s wrong, sweetheart??

?Don?t call me that!? Beru blurted as she abruptly rose from the bed. ?I?m anything but sweet!? She folded her arms in front of her as she stood looking down at her mother before wailing, ?I?m mean and wicked, and now he hates me!? New tears streamed down her face as she sniffled uncontrollably.

Tulii said nothing, but rose and put her arms around her daughter, pulling her into a loving maternal embrace. She held Beru until the young lady?s breathing calmed. Then she pulled away enough to look into her daughter?s eyes. ?Tell me what happened.?

Beru sighed shakily and sat back down on the side of her bed. As her mother sat across from her on Dama?s bed, she began. ?Well, when Coolie and I arrived at The Last Oasis, I was really happy to see my date turned out to be none other than Owen Lars!? She paused, and then frowned when her mother did not seem to be in the least bit surprised at the news of who turned out to be her blind date. ?You knew, didn?t you??

?Coolie told me.? Tulii smiled slightly then encouraged Beru. ?Go on, what happened after that??

?Well, we all sat at our table and after eating a little, Mik and Coolie got up to dance.? She giggled a little in spite of herself as she remembered how outrageously Mik twirled Coolie around. ?You know how Mik is? Owen and I both were laughing at how they were dancing, but, when I looked over at him, he turned away as he always does. I was hoping he would ask me to dance, but he didn?t show any interest. I? I don?t think he even likes me that much.?

?Honey, I?ve seen how he looks at you. He definitely likes you.?

?Then why did he just shrug and let Daral take me out on the dance floor??

?Daral asked you to dance??

?Yeah, he came over, and asked Owen if he minded, and Owen just shrugged and told us to go ahead. He didn?t even care!? Beru?s voice rose in indignation. ?So I danced with Daral and? well, others cut in and I danced with them. I was hoping to make Owen jealous enough to come and cut in himself, but he never did? but this one man? I never saw him before, but he was huge? he cut in and,? she gulped, ?well, he was drunk, and he became too? friendly? and before I knew it, he and Owen were fighting and then almost everyone else was too!?

?Oh, my!?

?Yeah, and then afterwards, when we all got out of there, Owen?s nose was bleeding, and when I tried to us

19. dark_jedi_lover

dark_jedi_lover Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    Ooh, I really like this. The emotions are well expressed, and it's nice to see a story about Owen and Beru.

And what a way to meet your future spouse! [face_laugh]

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice update to see Beru and family

=D==D=

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved the update! :D But then again, I knew I would. ;)

=D=

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Loved seeing Beru's family. I really liked the support she got from her mom.

Awesome post.

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    dark_jedi_lover: Thank you. It's funny, when I first saw ANH, I didn't like Owen all that much... I was sorry he was killed, but, I was much more upset about Beru whom I felt was the more compassionate of the two. Now that I've seen it as an adult (I was 11-years-old when I first saw ANH), I can understand Owen much more. I may not agree with him keeping the truth from Luke and him keeping Ben away, but I understand now why he did it. I still think Beru is the more compassionate of the two, but, I realize now Owen wasn't totally uncaring.

earlybird-obi-wan: I'm glad you enjoyed it. I felt there needed to be something more about her family... watching AoTC, I was wondering about her family. My research only turned up Dama, and Coolie... and Coolie was a question mark on whether she actually existed or was a figment of Luke's fevered imagination... I decided she was real, and I'll be writing a sequel to this story which will deal with why she had an aversion to fun. On Wookiepedia her parents were unnamed, so I named them. I couldn't very well keep calling them Mr. and Mrs. Whitesun. :p

VaderLVR64: :D Yeah, I just had to make sure I wasn't violating TOS with this one.

Healer_Leona: Thanks, I'm glad you like the family.

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Several minutes later, after politely thanking Tulii and Beru, Owen stepped outside. ?He looked off into the distance to see if he could see any sign of a landspeeder approaching. He did not look very hard, for he doubted Mik and Coolie would be back that night.

Soon, he turned his attention from the dessert waste, and a tall flower with white and gold petals caught his eye. He leaned over and inhaled. He closed his eyes and smiled at the fragrance. ?You remind me of Beru.?

He sighed and continued to talk to the flower as though it were Beru. ?I wish I had the words to say what you mean to me. I?m not sure how you?ll take this, but there hasn?t been a night since we met I didn?t dream of being with you. You are so beautiful. When you smile at me, my soul feels? I know this will sound weird? but, it feels like my soul is on fire, yet soothed at the same time? like a parched man in the desert finding an oasis and finally able to drink water. That?s what you are to me, Beru,? he cupped the flower in one hand, his first and second fingers on either side of the stem, ?you are my water.?

?I love you, too.?

Owen jumped at the quiet voice behind him. ?B-beru! I-i?? he sputtered as he turned to her, inadvertently breaking the flower off the stem. ?Oh, no! I?m sorry, I??

Beru smiled serenely as she gently placed a finger on his lips. She caressed his cheek, ?It?s alright, Owen, it will grow back.?

?Um, how much did you hear?? He wondered.

?From when you told the flower it reminded you of me.? She confessed with a slight tinge of humor in her voice.

?Oh.? He swallowed nervously.

A mischievous glint lit her eyes as her face took on a mock thoughtful expression. ?I?m not sure how to take it? that you?d rather speak to the flower than me.?

Owen smiled slightly. ?Perhaps it?s because I know the flower won?t tease me.?

Beru giggled for a moment.

The small smile was still upon his lips as he reached up and put the blossom in her hair. ?There? now I can speak to both of you at the same time.? He said in a husky voice as they gazed into each other?s eyes. ?Beru,? he whispered questioningly.

?Yes?? She whispered as well.

?Back at the bar??

Beru averted her gaze as she backed away from him. ?I?d rather forget about what happened there.?

?Beru,? he took her hand and gently put his other hand under her chin. Turning her head so she looked back up at him, he continued. ?The reason I didn?t ask you to dance is I can?t. I have about as much rhythm as a bantha with its tail caught on fire.?

She covered her mouth when she could not keep from giggling. ?I?m sorry, but that?s quite an image.?

He chuckled as he conceded, ?Yes, I guess it is, but it?s true.?

?I doubt that.? She smiled up at him.

?Are you calling me a liar?? He raised his eyebrows in feigned offense.

?Never,? she whispered. She squeezed his hand, which still held hers. ?Maybe, if you don?t know how to dance, I can teach you.? She stepped closer to him.

?I?d like that.?

Beru placed his hand on her waist and reached up to put her hand on his shoulder. ?You start out most slow dances like this,? she said as she took his hand with her other hand as their eyes locked on each other?s.

Owen stepped closer to her and leaned his head down slowly. ?I think I?m going to enjoy this lesson.?

Beru held her breath in anticipation as she rose on the tip of her toes. Both she and Owen closed their eyes as their lips came closer to touching.

?It would be easier to teach him to dance if there were some music.?

To be continued...

25. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Excellent post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.