main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Twin Suns Romance,Part I:Dropping In (Beru/Owen,OC's,Humor) Completed 10/01/07, Nom. 4 best series

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Very nice update and about Owen dancing[face_laugh]

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What a lovely scene between these two!

Owen stepped closer to her and leaned his head down slowly. ?I think I?m going to enjoy this lesson.?

Beru held her breath in anticipation as she rose on the tip of her toes. Both she and Owen closed their eyes as their lips came closer to touching.

?It would be easier to teach him to dance if there were some music.?

[face_love] =D=

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Healer Leona: Thanks. :)

earlybird-obi-wan: Hehe, I can just picture a bantha w/ it's tail on fire. [face_devil]

VaderLVR64: I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Now, on with the story... it seems I broke the pattern of short/long/short/long, 'cause this one is another short one. Please, don't hate me for the evil cliffhanger! [face_devil]

~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Oh, Dama, must you keep interrupting?? Beru?s voice rose in exasperation as she turned toward her sister.

The youngest of the Whitesun girls pouted as she said defensively, ?You don?t have to kill the messenger! Daddy sent me out to tell you he?s turning on the shields now.? With that, she turned to go back inside, mumbling something neither Beru nor Owen could quite catch.

Regretting talking to Dama the way she did, Beru sighed before calling after her sister. ?I?m sorry, Dama!? Her shoulders slumped slightly when there was no reply.

Owen placed a hand on Beru?s shoulder to comfort her. He tried to give her an encouraging smile when she looked up at him and spoke quietly. ?She?ll forgive you.? Beru looked so sorrowful, he could not help but kiss her on the forehead as he embraced her. ?Come on, let?s go inside.?

Beru returned Owen?s embrace, relishing having his strong arms around her. ?Ok,? she looked up at him, "but first things first.? She reached behind his head and pulled it down as she went onto the tips of her toes once more, and kissed him full on the lips.

Eyes widening in surprise, it took a moment for Owen to respond. When he did, it was with much enthusiasm. His heart beat wildly as exhilaration coursed through his veins.

Seconds later, they pulled away from each other and stared deeply into each other?s eyes. ?I love you.? They said in unison. ?I love you, too,? they both replied to each other at the same time, and then started laughing.

Owen leaned his head forward to rest against hers with a sigh. ?We?d better go inside.? He lightly caressed her cheek.

Beru smiled and took his hand as she slowly pulled away. They walked inside together, their fingers entwined.

Once inside, Tulii greeted them from the kitchen doorway. ?Dinner will be ready soon.?

Owen closed his eyes as he inhaled the enticing aroma wafting from the kitchen. ?Is that spiced bantha rump?? He all but drooled in anticipation as his stomach growled.

?It sure is,? Tulii?s voice held both pleasure and amusement at his reaction.

Beru gently squeezed Owen?s hand before letting go and headed toward the kitchen. ?I?ll set the table.?

?Dama has already started doing that. Why don?t you show Owen to Coolie?s room?? She rolled her eyes as she explained, ?I doubt she and Mik will be back tonight, so that?s where you can sleep.?

Owen nodded in understanding. ?Yes, ma?am.? He followed Beru down the hall to Coolie?s room.

As she led him there, she tapped a door. ?That?s Dama?s and my room.? A little further, she indicated another door. ?This, as you know is the refresher. It also has doors directly to my room on one side and Coolie?s on the other.? She looked at him and blushed slightly. The next door was Coolie?s room. She opened the door and stood slightly to the side, looking up at him a little shyly. ?Here it is.?

Owen glanced back down the hallway before taking Beru?s hand and guiding her in with him. He closed the door behind them. Still holding her hand, he reached up, brushed a stray hair from her face, and traced her cheek with his fingers.

Trembling at his touch, Beru could hardly breathe. She closed her eyes as he leaned forward to kiss her, and she placed a hand on his chest. She could feel his heart beating rapidly through his tunic, and marveled that her heart beat in rhythm with his. She moaned in pleasure as he put his arms around her to pull her close, and her hand rose to caress his cheek.

Owen?s heart leapt in his chest as he felt Beru?s tongue explore his lips. He flicked his tongue across hers, as he lowered one hand to the small of her back. Breathi

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    evil? lovely cliffie and falling in love is just doing that.

Great update and loved it.@};-

5. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Trembling at his touch, Beru could hardly breathe. She closed her eyes as he leaned forward to kiss her, and she placed a hand on his chest. She could feel his heart beating rapidly through his tunic, and marveled that her heart beat in rhythm with his. She moaned in pleasure as he put his arms around her to pull her close, and her hand rose to caress his cheek.

Owen?s heart leapt in his chest as he felt Beru?s tongue explore his lips. He flicked his tongue across hers, as he lowered one hand to the small of her back. Breathing heavily, he pulled his head away, reluctantly breaking the kiss. Looking deeply into her incredibly bright, sky blue eyes, he whispered, ?Beru, we need to talk.?

Lovely! [face_love]

=D=

But what does he need to tell her? [face_thinking]

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, falling in love is almost as scary as hanging from a cliff, but alot more fun. ;)

VaderLVR64: Thank you. I've written the next installment, but won't post it until everyone gets a chance to catch up since it's a rather long one... not that Beru and Owen's chat is overly long. [face_whistling]

7. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Very sweet.

I hope he doesn't tell her that he had a sex change operation, or anything like that. That would really spoil the mood. :p

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

This isn't that kind of story. :p

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Here's an extra-long post to make up for the two short ones in a row. I hope you all enjoy it. ;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~

?Alright,? Beru frowned slightly in puzzlement. ?Is something wrong??

?No,? Owen shook his head and smiled reassuringly as he took her hand. He led her over to sit on the edge of the bed. Sitting beside her, he continued. ?I um, just thought we should get to know each other a little? I mean before we take this any further.?

The fact that they were sitting upon a bed was not lost on her, and her heart was still beating rapidly because of their passionate kiss. She glanced at the bed, then back up at Owen with a blush.

?Um, yeah, well, there?s nowhere else to sit in here,? he guessed what she was thinking, ?and I wanted to speak with you in private.?

When Beru nodded understanding, he continued. ?I um,? he swallowed, ?well, you know I?m attracted to you.?

?Yes,? she said quietly.

?And,? he drew out the ?a? in and, ?I?m fairly certain you are attracted to me.? His thumb lightly stroked the hand he was holding.

She swallowed as she nodded quietly.

?Well, I wanted to make sure you know? I don?t just want to just um?? he glanced at the bed and back at her meaningfully. ?I love you, and I want more than that.? He reached up to caress her cheek.

Beru closed her eyes with a soft smile. She reached up and touched the back of his hand, turning her head slightly to kiss his palm. ?I love you, too.?

He brought the hand he was holding up between them, and at the same time took her other hand. He brought her two hands together, clasping them gently in his. He brought them both up to his lips and kissed her fingers. ?I just think we should get to know each other before we do something that could change the rest of our lives.?

She looked into his eyes as she replied, ?You?re right? so, I guess we should ask each other questions??

?That would be a good start, but will only work if we are both honest in our answers.?

?I?ll never lie to you, Owen.?

?Well, I can?t really make that promise.? He grinned a little as he said it.

Beru raised an eyebrow. ?Why not??

He blushed slightly as he answered, ?Well, I?ve learned it is better to lie a little sometimes to spare people?s feelings.?

?I?d rather you be honest with me.?

They starred into each other?s eyes for a few moments before Owen nodded. ?Ok, I promise.?

?You first, then.? She smiled.

?Huh??

?You ask a question first.? She giggled.

?Oh, yeah?um?? Owen thought a moment. He did not wish to begin with the hard questions, so he asked, ?What?s you?re favorite color??

?Let?s see?? Beru took one hand out of Owen?s grasp to put a finger against her chin as she thought. ?I like crimson.?

?Crimson?? Owen looked at her sideways. ?What kind of color is that??

?Well, if you?re going to make fun of my favorite color?? She folded her arms and turned her back to him. Though he could not see it, her eyes sparkled with amusement, and she fought hard not to laugh.

?No, Beru, I wasn?t making fun?? he said in alarm, ?I um? I?m just not sure what shade crimson is exactly. I?m sorry,? he placed a hand gently on her shoulder, ?I? I?m just a stupid farmboy.? He took his hand off her shoulder. He looked sullenly down at both his hands in his lap.

Beru turned back towards him. ?Oh, Owen,? she put a hand on top of his and placed her other hand on his cheek. ?You are not stupid!?

He looked up at her. ?I feel stupid.?

His sorrowful eyes and the dejected sound of his voice broke her heart. ?I?m sorry, Owen, I was only teasing when I turned my back? I wasn?t really offended? I? didn?t mean to make you feel stupid.? She put her hands in her lap and sighed at a loss as to what else to say.

?So...? Owen asked quietly as he reached over to take her hand, ?what shade is crimson??

?Well, it?s sort of a cross between orange and red, but softer? you know, the color the sky turns on the rare times there is moisture in the air and the suns set??

?Oh! That?s crimson? I al

10. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    ?He also may be one of those minors who refuse to wear masks? or his mask was defective? and breathed in too much fumes. I heard there?s this gas that can make it so your brain can?t sense pain or something. That would explain why you elbowing him in the neck had no effect.?

Nice touch - I wonder what one mines on Tatooine? It's a ball of rock so there's likely something of value there.

Again, the Owen/Beru moment was very sweet. [face_sick]
    ;)

11. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    lol so funny how Owen fell thru the ceiling

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely interaction between the sisters and Beru and Owen

and who is that behemoth?

Great update=D=

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I love this romance. [face_love]

Beru?s cheeks went red as she lowered her eyes. The intensity in Owen?s dark-blue eyes thrilled and frightened her at the same time. She felt warm inside knowing Owen wanted to protect her so fiercely, yet the thought of him coming to harm in the act of defending her tied her stomach in knots. She suddenly did not feel very hungry anymore.

Seeing the quiet exchange between the two, Mr. and Mrs. Whitesun looked at each other meaningfully and nodded to each other.

=D=

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    :D :D I love seeing them get to know each other.

15. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    I finally read through everything and I'm really enjoying this. Who could've thought that such a sweet love story could take place on a planet like Tatooine? ;) It really lightens ones mood to read this! I especially like your portrayal of pre-gruffy Owen. I can totally relate with the problems he faces! :)

It's a shame I didn't get around to reading this before I started on my story, I could've made the two stories fit more closely together. But on the other hand, these two stories are so different that it's better that they're kept seperate.

Still, keep up to good work! Can't wait to see what else happens! =D=

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Before I reply to your replies, I wish to notify you I modified how I described this story in my first post. This story is now going to be the first of a series of four because a herd... flock... gaggle... battalion... whatever... many plot bunnies bit me while researching for and writing this story.

BigE: Nice touch - I wonder what one mines on Tatooine? It's a ball of rock so there's likely something of value there.

We'll find out in the sequel. ;)

I hope this next Beru/Owen moment doesn't make you hurl. :p

SilSolo: lol so funny how Owen fell thru the ceiling

I'm glad you enjoyed it... he didn't. :p

earlybird-obi-wan: Lovely interaction between the sisters and Beru and Owen

I'm glad someone enjoys the mush. *looks over at BigE* :p ;)

and who is that behemoth?

We shall find that out in the sequel as well. [face_mischief]

VaderLVR64: I love this romance. [face_love]

Thanks, it's fun to write.

Healer_Leona: I love seeing them get to know each other.

Well, they get to know each other a little more on this post. ;)

yodas_waiter: I finally read through everything and I'm really enjoying this. Who could've thought that such a sweet love story could take place on a planet like Tatooine? It really lightens ones mood to read this!

I believe that anywhere there are hearty people who endure harsh conditions, they still need tenderness just like anyone else.

I especially like your portrayal of pre-gruffy Owen. I can totally relate with the problems he faces!

It's not necessarily pre-gruffy, as showing another side of him. I had him showing a little bit of gruffiness, but it wasn't as pronounced as in ANH. In the prequels we didn't see enough of him to know if he was full-out gruffy there. :p

It's a shame I didn't get around to reading this before I started on my story, I could've made the two stories fit more closely together. But on the other hand, these two stories are so different that it's better that they're kept seperate.

I'm tired, so forgive me if this comes out wrong... I'm glad you started your story before you saw my story. You are doing such a great job, and your version makes sense. As I told you via PM, after I started "Dropping In", I decided to make it a series, and the third in the series is going to cover the same ground as yours, though I didn't see your story until after I'd made the decision. I just hope I'm able to not accidentally plagiarize your story when I get to that part.

Still, keep up to good work! Can't wait to see what else happens!

Well, the wait is over, here's more... ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon, dinner was over and Beru helped her mother put away the leftovers as well as wash the dishes. Tulii had made extra food just in case Coolie and Mik had shown up. ?Now we?ve enough for lunch and dinner tomorrow.? She chuckled.

Preoccupied, Beru only nodded quietly.

?Do you feel alright, sweetie?? Tulii asked with concern as she started drying the dishes they had just washed, and Beru put them in their places in the cupboard.

Beru sighed, ?Yeah? I guess I?m just tired.?

Her mother smiled gently in understanding. She knew how nervous Beru had been about the blind date, and it did not go well at all. The poor dear has been through a wild emotional ride all day, it is no wonder she feels tired, Tulii thought to her self. ?Why don?t you go on to bed, dear, I?ll finish up here.?

?That?s alright, mom, I?m not really sleepy, just tired.? She smiled dreamily as she looked away to put away a mug. ?Besides, there aren?t that many more dishes.?

Tulii smiled to herself, recognizing the symptoms of newly found love. ?Alright, afterwards, could you check to see if Owen has everything he needs for me before turning in??

At the mention of Owen, Beru?s face flushed red. It was thoughts of him that had

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Whew that was Owen opening up to Beru and she comforting him.

Nice update and great work.=D=

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    She turned her head slightly so that her trembling lips kissed the tips of his fingers. ?I love you,? she whispered.

?I love you, too.? Owen?s voice was touched with awe. He could hardly believe he had just told her the worst thing he had ever done, and she did not hold it against him. I am so lucky, he thought. I could die a happy man right now.

?Hold me,? she pleaded in a hushed voice.

Owen more than happily complied.

Lovely! [face_love] =D=

19. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    I've just been reading this story, Alexis_Wingstar, and want to read more! =D= It's great to see fanfic writers realise that even lesser characters in the SW universe are equally worthy of attention! :D

20. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Neither one could tell how long they held each other until Owen slowly pulled away to look into Beru?s eyes and whispered, ?Thank you.?

She blushed slightly, ?For what, I didn?t do anything.?

?For listening and understanding,? he softly drew his fingers over her smooth cheeks.

The guy said 'thank you for listening and understanding'?

The guy.

You're pushing the limits of credibility here, even for fiction. :p

(You tease...I tease. :D)

[face_peace]

21. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    I'm glad you started your story before you saw my story. You are doing such a great job, and your version makes sense. As I told you via PM, after I started "Dropping In", I decided to make it a series, and the third in the series is going to cover the same ground as yours, though I didn't see your story until after I'd made the decision. I just hope I'm able to not accidentally plagiarize your story when I get to that part.

Yeah, I understand. Still I could've added some references or something ;)

And yes, I think you're more than able to give us your own unique take on the attempted rescue of Shmi. I await to see it with great anticipation. :D

And onto the new part: Wow, Owen has had it really rough. I can understand why he was so shy around Beru. Good to see that Beru is so understanding. Great update Alexis =D=

P.S Thanks for the heads-up with the title change

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, that was super sweet! [face_love]

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Whew that was Owen opening up to Beru and she comforting him.

Nice update and great work.

Thanks, her response encourages him to open up even more in this next post.

VaderLVR64: I'm glad my story continues to bring you enjoyment.

Kevin_Solo: I've just been reading this story, Alexis_Wingstar, and want to read more! It's great to see fanfic writers realise that even lesser characters in the SW universe are equally worthy of attention!

I'm glad you wish to read more, for I've written more. ;) I don't view minor characters as lesser, but as opportunities to expand. :D

BigE: You're pushing the limits of credibility here, even for fiction.

Well, here's some more pushing... *winces* I know you were just teasing, but this time I think I am pushing the limits of credibility...

yodas_waiter: Wow, Owen has had it really rough. I can understand why he was so shy around Beru. Good to see that Beru is so understanding. Great update Alexis

Thank you, YW. Beru is the understanding sort... soon it will be Owen's turn... [face_whistling]

Healer_Leona: Awww, that was super sweet!

Thanks. :)

Everyone: Thank you for reading thus far. This story will be concluding two or three updates after this one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beru laid her head on Owen?s chest as he held her. Listening to his heart beating, she closed her eyes with a content smile. She felt warm and safe, and wanted to stay there in his arms forever. As he gently messaged her neck and ran his fingers up and down her spine, she found herself relaxing into a state on the verge of sleep. Then a question nudged her back to awareness. Opening her eyes, she looked up at him. ?What happened??

?Hmm,? Owen blinked drowsily, ?what do you mean??

?To Ren? after that night? what happened to her??

?A few months later she married another friend of mine. They have four children now; three boys and a girl.?

?Four,? she exclaimed. ?Just how long ago was this??

?Eight years ago,? Owen?s voice was barely over a whisper. He had stopped stroking her neck and back.

Beru frowned when he did not quite meet her eyes. ?What is it??

?The oldest...? he hesitated slightly, ?? he might be mine.? He swallowed as he met Beru?s eyes.

??Might?...? she said flatly as he pulled away slightly, ?you don?t know for sure??

He sighed wearily as he leaned back against the pillows that he had propped against the headboard. ?After that night, Ren refused to see me. I tried to apologize to her many times over the next couple of weeks, both in person and over the comm. The last time I showed up at her apartment, Hugh, the friend she married later, was there. He? strongly encouraged me to leave her alone.?

??Strongly encouraged?,? Beru raised an eyebrow. ?You mean the two of you fought, right??

One corner of Owen?s mouth rose slightly. ?You might say that. Actually, I just stood there and took a beating until Rena intervened.?

?You didn?t even try to defend yourself?? She asked incredulously.

?I didn?t want to fight him. Besides, part of me felt I deserved it. As it is, it got me what I wanted. Rena spoke to me, and accepted my apology. Eight months later, she gave birth to her first son. When she was pregnant, I asked if it was mine and she said it wasn?t? she claimed it was his, and they married a couple weeks before it was born.? He shook his head. ?I swear the boy looks like I did at his age, though.?

?Have you tried to find out for sure??

Owen shook his head. ?Hugh loves Rena and the children. I?ve seen how he is with the oldest. They have as much a father-son bond as I have with my father. Unless the boy comes down sick and needs my kidney or something drastic like that, I see no reason to push my claim.?

Beru sat quietly as she looked at Owen. She felt such an overwhelming love for this man that tears came to her eyes.

When he saw Beru?s tears, he pushed

24. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Funny how quickly:

?Owen,? she breathed his name huskily as feelings she had never felt before rose from within her. Her voice shook with equal amounts of passion and fear as she gasped, ?I want you!? A trembling hand slid down his torso.

Can go to:

?You don?t trust me?? Beru?s eyes filled with tears and she pulled further away from him.

:rolleyes:

:p

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I [face_love] Owen. And he's exactly right. It would serve no purpose beyond hurting a lot of people if he pressed his "claim."

?The oldest...? he hesitated slightly, ?? he might be mine.? He swallowed as he met Beru?s eyes.

??Might?...? she said flatly as he pulled away slightly, ?you don?t know for sure??

He sighed wearily as he leaned back against the pillows that he had propped against the headboard. ?After that night, Ren refused to see me. I tried to apologize to her many times over the next couple of weeks, both in person and over the comm. The last time I showed up at her apartment, Hugh, the friend she married later, was there. He? strongly encouraged me to leave her alone.?

??Strongly encouraged?,? Beru raised an eyebrow. ?You mean the two of you fought, right??

One corner of Owen?s mouth rose slightly. ?You might say that. Actually, I just stood there and took a beating until Rena intervened.?

?You didn?t even try to defend yourself?? She asked incredulously.

?I didn?t want to fight him. Besides, part of me felt I deserved it. As it is, it got me what I wanted. Rena spoke to me, and accepted my apology. Eight months later, she gave birth to her first son. When she was pregnant, I asked if it was mine and she said it wasn?t? she claimed it was his, and they married a couple weeks before it was born.? He shook his head. ?I swear the boy looks like I did at his age, though.?

?Have you tried to find out for sure??

Owen shook his head. ?Hugh loves Rena and the children. I?ve seen how he is with the oldest. They have as much a father-son bond as I have with my father. Unless the boy comes down sick and needs my kidney or something drastic like that, I see no reason to push my claim.?

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.