main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series A Vader vs Kenobi duel between eps 3 & 4 - Does it breaks canon?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid, Jun 5, 2022.

?

A Vader vs Kenobi duel between eps 3 & 4 - Does it breaks canon?

1. No

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jaimestarr

jaimestarr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2004
    I love the Prequels. It just doesn't feel like OT Vader and young Annie are entirely congruent. Quite possibly, this is simply because of the order that Star Wars was created/unfurled/experienced.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  2. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    No, it does not break canon.

I am quite surprised by how one line, the infamous about the learner and the master, is being taken so literally and seriously, and dissected to the point where it has lost all its meaning.

Vader said a cool dramatic line to serve his purpose as ominous villain in ANH.
    He wasn't the master of anything over Kenobi in ANH, and there was no substantial proof to support his statement.
    It was a taunt, like dozens of other taunts in the franchise, that didn't mean much.
    If every time Vader told someone they will kill him actually followed up, we wouldn't have any heroes left.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No it was very literal but we just never realized that Obi Wan had enrolled to become Vader's student.

4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    There are two episodes left! They may show it

5. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I don't believe it breaks canon at all. I do think it's problematic if they don't have a duel in the last two episodes where Obi-Wan demonstrates his superiority over Vader. Otherwise, the quote from Vader in ANH about being the master is worthless.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That wouldn't just be problematic for that line in ANH, it would be even more problematic for a show titled Obi Wan Kenobi.

7. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    That reminds me of Anakin’s line to Count Dooku about his powers having doubled since the last time they met. That’s more fight talk not exactly factual.

RetropME likes this.
  8. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    As long as it depicts Kenobi coming out on top, showing Vader who is boss, and not too close in time to ANH - basically, another great duel between the two of them within the last two episodes of this first series, with Ben winning out and Vader somehow believing Ben may be dead. If there is a season two - Vader and Ben should NOT meet at all.

9. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    AI-generated concept art of what we might see in this rematch

[​IMG]

Shaak Ti likes this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The AI needs to visit Urgent Care for head trauma.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That one image... it's like someone tried to crossbreed Obi-Wan with a Nimbanel. *shudders*

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Half of the duel is Vader looking longingly at Vader.

Someone is very excited that they just discovered an AI art generator but we'd all be better served if they were more into chimpanzee fecal art.

13. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    It can do that too [face_monkey]8-}

oncafar likes this.
  14. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Maybe that's why I wanted to return, to end my Skywalker fatigue. Vader was my favorite character but I got... so exhausted after the ST of all the legacy characters. Though I have a way to get stuck in a fictional rut!

But I really have Skywalker (and compatriots) fatigue. I just seem to only want new characters who are cool with the Force or... something.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    One more canon breaking conflict tonight or was the episode 3 beatdown and the episode 5 great escape to teach hotheaded Vader a lesson it?

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Now that the entire series is done, I think we can safely say that it did not break canon.

17. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I voted no only after seeing Episode 6 of Kenobi. This was perfection, period.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah it's perfect, actually enhanced canon not breaking it. Obi-Wan now knows Darth is twisted and evil. Also shout out to calling him Darth, like in ANH, that's only what Obi-Wan believes he is.

If there is a season 2 I can't see how they could pull it off again, this worked perfectly.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  19. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agreed on all points. I like this being their last encounter, before meeting again on the Death Star. Ben remains the Master between the two, recovering from the burial and winning this encounter too. It feels like a good equilibrium to have. Vader is both angry and feeling conflicted, while Ben has a feeling of peace.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    Season 2 doesn't have to deal with Vader.

BigAl6ft6 and RetropME like this.
  21. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agreed. I’d have it Tattooine bound, with Ben communing with Qui-Gon, setting up his house, etc.

BigAl6ft6 and RetropME like this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Force Ghost training doesn't mean he has to sit on Tatooine, Yoda had to go visit the Priestesses and fly around and stuff. Maybe Obi-Wan stirring up the Force could awaken something in the Sith, just like with Yoda. Then hey maybe Obi-Wan/Vader but metaphysical Force-plane duel instead of physical.

But that's just going off on ideas, right now it stands really perfectly.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    IT didnt break canon, enough said.;)