main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy A War of Kings

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by spycoder9, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Ser Lawrence Kildare
    The Mountains, Shodaire, the Tower of Stone
    Safia's chambers
    9 days before his wedding

Lawrence was glad to accept the seat that Safia indicated. "I'm glad to hear that it will be a swift recovery," Lawrence said once he heard that the maester was optimistic about the healing process, "I would have felt terrible if it had spoiled the wedding, for your sake more than mine. Though my sisters were not the typical noble women, that doesn't mean I didn't hear them talk about their wonderful ideas for their weddings all day. However, none of that has come to pass yet." He smiled before Safia proceeded.

"Matters of state often intrude at inconvenient times I've found," Lawrence said with regard to his own occupation over the last couple of days, "Unfortunately we live in...uncertain times and much depends on the actions of men like your father." Lawrence was not so presumptuous as to say himself, though he supposed that they relied on him just as much.

"When we were riding, before the unfortunate circumstances that resulted in your injury, we were discussing...or rather I mentioned," Lawrence said, stumbling a bit in his thinking and speech as he tried to work his way to the reason for his visit, "that there was something that I wanted to...discuss with you. A matter for a groom and his bride-to-be." He paused. "This is perhaps an impertinent question, but this is a very private matter, one I would not want to share with others. Is this place sufficient for such a purpose?" It was as blunt a way as he could politely ask whether others were listening, or could be listening here. There were seemingly private places at Kalkheim that were anything but to those who knew the back passageways.

TAG: JediMasterAnne

2. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Safia Rolmar
    The Mountains of Mirwyth
    Shodaire, the Tower of Stone
    Chambers—9 days before her wedding

She had not forgotten about that little secret he had promised to share with her, but they had seen each other so very little over the last couple of days, she had not bothered to press him about it, trusting that he would eventually bring it up himself. Had he waited too long, let it get too close to the wedding, she might have given him some subtle reminder, but it now appeared that such a measure would be unnecessary.

At his question regarding their current level of privacy, Safia didn’t immediately respond, instead getting up again and closing the door to her bedchamber (separated from the small parlor they were currently in) and locking it, and also locking the door going into the corridors. “Locking the doors is about as private as these chambers get; there are secret passageways leading in and out of my bedroom to allow for escape in the event of an invasion on the castle, but none leading into this parlor.” Not that those passageways had ever really been used for their true purpose; children (Safia and her brothers included) played hide-and-seek in them, but though the Tower had been attacked in the past, no enemy had ever managed to breach the walls, let alone take the castle. “No one else is in here, no one will bother us, and unless—gods forbid—we start yelling at each other, anyone passing by shouldn’t be able to hear through the walls.”

Reclaiming her chair—and now feeling a little anxious—she looked him straight in the eye. “What is this about?” What have you been hiding from me?

TAG: Trieste

3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Safia's chambers

Despite Safia's assurances, Lawrence moved his chair so that it was close to hers. He leaned forward to put his head next to hers so that they were looking in opposite directions. It was not out of a desire to avoid Safia's gaze which she had directed so intently at him a few seconds ago, but rather to facilitate the ability to whisper in her ear.

"I feel that it would be improper for us to enter into marital vows with each other," Lawrence said softly, "without telling you about certain...circumstances that recently developed. You know my family words: 'What has been said in the darkness shall be heard in the light.' It is a reminder to us that secrets do more harm than good. And there should not be secrets between husband and wife.

"As you are aware, I took a vow of chastity as part of my knightly vows. This vow does not preclude me from fulfilling my...duty to you as a husband as chastity does not equal celibacy. I trust you are familiar with the distinction.

"However, I..." Lawrence stopped and wet his lips, his mouth suddenly dry. V'hallar, if there was another way.... There wasn't. "On my journey here, I broke my vow of chastity. I...I knew a woman." He let his head fall and he looked at the floor. "I allowed myself to be consumed by sin, not in terms of what I did, but rather the vow that I broke. It is a guilt that I will never live down, knowing..." Knowing I was coming to you, knowing you as I know you now. "...that it cannot be undone. This woman...propositioned me again. I was stronger then. I resisted. I kept what little honor I had left.

"But that does not excuse my earlier conduct. I would understand if this would change your feelings towards me. I know that this marriage was no design of either of us, but I will offer you a way out now," Lawrence said, "Polite excuses could be made to your father, to my sister. There are ways to arrange things, if you desire," he added.

It was out. Lawrence wasn't sure how he'd said all of that already. All he knew was that he had somehow said it.

4. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    The Mountains of Mirwyth

She had expected that whatever he had to say was not going to be pleasant for her to hear, but nothing quite like this. That he had laid with another woman…Safia wasn’t sure if she was angry or just disappointed. Though it had happened before she’d met him, and he did seem to genuinely regret it, the act was still a breach of his vows, and he had done it during their betrothal. Had it been some time before that, she might not have been so bothered by it.

More than the timing of it, just the fact that he had broken a sacred vow distressed her. Her brother Ectarion’s words came back to her: "Knights are never what people say they are. Most are dirty, or break their vows a thousand times over.” She had defended Ser Lawrence then, telling her brother that he was being unfair. But now, even though she hated to admit it, she had to allow that there might have been some tiny shred of truth to his words. Ser Lawrence might have only broken his vows once, but he had broken them nonetheless.

She suspected he was offering to end their betrothal as some kind of consolation, perhaps so that she would not feel like she still had to marry him if she was no longer comfortable with it, but it actually made her feel worse, made her wonder if he wanted to cut off their engagement. Was there some part of him that preferred this other woman over her? Safia had thought things had been going rather well between them (discounting the avalanche, of course), but was he perhaps secretly displeased with her, and now looking for a way out of marrying her? He might regret his behavior, he might have refused this woman the second time around, but would he have still done so if he had not been betrothed?

On the other hand, though, despite his words, she could not see that ending their betrothal was a realistic option. Some tiny part of her might wish it were so; if she did not marry Ser Lawrence, then perhaps when the war ended…but no. She had a duty to fulfill. Their marriage was supposed to seal the alliance between the Mountains and the Desert, and the people of their two realms expected to see it done. Her family expected it. His family expected it. And their kings expected it. Desmond was Safia’s father, but he was also her king, and her king wished her to marry Ser Lawrence Kildare. It was her duty to her father, to her people. Duty is more honorable than passion, Karridan had told her.

And truthfully, she did like Ser Lawrence, even in light of this new information. At least he had told her himself, rather than continuing to conceal it from her until she found out in some other, less gentle way. And he really did appear very sorry for it…

She blinked a few times and gave her head a little shake, trying to make some sense of something. She had so much going through her mind that she felt no less confused and addled now than when he had made his confession, and she had no idea how long she had been sitting here in silent thought. She knew she ought to say something, but she wasn’t even sure where to begin.

Eventually, she did find her voice again. “I…I don’t see why any such arrangements should be made. A good many people would be disappointed in us, and I should hate to send you back to the Desert empty-handed after coming all this way.” She was trying to ease the rather heavy mood in the room, but at the same time, she knew he might not appreciate it if she made too light of the situation, and she quickly sobered. “I will not—cannot—simply overlook this…but the vow you broke was made to your god, not to me, so it is not for me to judge you or punish you for it.

“I do, however, sincerely hope that I can trust you to uphold your marriage vows, once we have taken them?”

5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Safia's chambers

Lawrence closed his eyes in relief, though given the position of his face relative to hers, Safia wouldn't be able to see it. He pulled back so as to face Safia, the earnest emotion still there.

"Yes," Lawrence said, "and I am glad that you will give me the opportunity to prove that it was a moment of weakness in the midst of many, many better ones." He did not expect Safia to completely trust him, nor did he expect her to look at him the same...but she could still look at him and that was something to be pleased with. He took one of Sofia's hands in one of his. "I will endeavor to spend the remainder of our days together proving that your faith in me is justified." He bent his head to kiss her hand.

"Then again, there may be a silver lining," Lawrence said, keeping his head above her hand and turning her eyes up, "I'm told that women of all stations of life can enjoy a roguish man." He smiled.

6. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    The Mountains of Mirwyth

She had seen the relief on his face once he understood that she would still have him, regardless of his mistake. And she had detected no hesitation in his response, nor did he seem insincere in his assurances. But though she was still willing to marry him and to give him the chance to prove himself, Safia knew that for the foreseeable future, at least, she would be paying close attention to his behavior. She wasn’t a jealous sort of woman, and it wasn’t that she thought he would slip again, but now that she knew his secret, she couldn’t help worrying just a little. She’d had to deal with what she felt was more than her fair share of heartache lately, and now that she was beginning to have a better outlook on things, she didn’t want to get hurt again.

She smirked at his teasing, raising an eyebrow in amusement—but she was glad to see some of the uneasiness leaving the air. “I hardly think one act of indiscretion makes you a rogue,” she replied.

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Safia's chambers

"Oh hardly," Lawrence readily admitted, "but I said roguish, didn't I? After all, you don't strike me as the kind of lady who wants a true rogue...just a little bit of one." Tease though he did, any further less than honorable acts on his part wouldn't sit well with Lawrence. He still took his profession seriously, and the vows that came with it, even if he had sullied them once already.

8. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    The Mountains of Mirwyth

She seemed to think about it for a moment before she responded. “To tell the truth, I have not had much experience with roguish men.” Matheus, as his father’s heir, had been raised within the strict structure of the Royal Court and was subject to the intense scrutiny of the Capital’s nobility, just as Safia had been during her time there, so of course his behavior was never anything less than gentlemanly, even when they were alone. Karridan was a Knight, as Ser Lawrence was, and was held to the same standard of conduct. Ectarion’s behavior wasn’t exactly gentlemanly, but she certainly wouldn’t call him roguish, either. And her father was about as far from roguish as they came. “But I suppose I could put up with a little harmless mischief, now and then.” Again, as long he stayed within the limits of his vows.

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Safia's chambers

"A very little," Lawrence said, with a final smile.

He stood. "Thank you very much for your understanding and compassion, Princess. You have now heard the worst of me. Allow me to spend the rest of my life, of our lives together, showing you the best of me." He bowed deeply, meaning what he said.

10. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    The Mountains of Mirwyth

She gave him a respectful and acknowledging dip of her head in reply to his bow. “That I can certainly do,” she told him. “And I appreciate your honesty, and that you kept your word to tell me this secret. I assure you that I will not betray your trust.” Even if it hadn’t been crystal clear to her that Ser Lawrence wanted this to stay between them, she wasn’t about to mention this to anyone. Her father’s anger was not something she would risk, knighted Karridan would take a rather dim view of it, and she could just imagine Ectarion’s smug “I told you so,” which she had no desire to hear. “No one else will know.”

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Safia's chambers

"I am glad my confidence was not misplaced," Lawrence said, "With this matter now behind us, I hope that you will allow me to call upon you again this evening? With the state of your injury I don't know if it is easier for you to dine in your chambers. If so, I would hate for you to be forced to sup alone. Allow me to make myself available to you if you would like some company tonight."

Though the truth was in the open, Lawrence was sure they had a long way to go. The more time he could spend with Safia to reassure her that her marriage to him was not a bad thing, the better.

12. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    The Mountains of Mirwyth

Although technically she was allowed to go down to the dining hall for meals if she wanted to (and if she had someone to assist her) the maester had advised her that the more she let her ankle rest, the quicker it would heal, so by that logic, it was better for her to simply stay in her chambers. She had gone downstairs a few times for meals, but for the most part, she had been having a servant bring her meals to her here, even if it did mean that she had to eat alone. Having some company would certainly make for a nice change.

“I would welcome your company, if you would like to join me tonight.”

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lorain Ashkey - Unknown Days before wedding
    Caravan Trails, The Desert

There were no more howls now. Fleet and Lorain traveled silently for several hours, only the soft sound of their footsteps as they moved forward. Right now, they followed the trail, but soon they would be leaving the well traveled path, so Lorian wanted to put as much distance between themselves and the town, before they moved to travel alongside the path.

She looked up at the nights sky, feeling the cool breeze cool her face. She was glad she had traveled with her Da, when they picked up supplies. She smiled slightly. He had taught her the creatures that traveled the night skies with them, and told her the stories of the great Wolf and Elk that traveled in the skies, showing her how to find her way, by following the bright stars. Now, those lessons came to her once more, and it made her feel as if her father was there as well, guiding their footsteps as they moved. The blade she had strapped to her back, in case any animals came to bother them, but since this was a well established trail, she didnt think that would be much of a problem. She looked over at their new companion, 'Freedom'. He seemed to be handling things well, and happily walked alongside them in the cool night. Lorain reached over, scratching the mule behind the ears. Her eyes then fell on Fleet. He had been silent, ever since they had left the town. Not that she could blame him.

Within so few days, his world had changed. He had witnessed the death of someone who had saved his life. He even had helped in burying her. No child should have to dig a grave. To be chased by vile and wicked knights, the very people who were supposed to help and protect those who could not defend themselves. When they made it to Fair Groves, Lorain hoped that they would reach it in time, to save the brave man who helped her escape the pirate ship. Right now, so many innocent people living on the coast, were in danger. She wanted revenge for all of them. For her Da. But now, she found herself living for another reason. For Fleet. She had to protect him. To keep him safe. His entire life was a struggle, with only tiny bits of happiness. She was determined to see him find more of that. She could not let the evil win. Her brother. Her mother. Fleet. She had to live.

Lorain moved, slowing herself to Fleets pace. She would have to keep slow. They had a far road to travel, and since they were limiting themselves to travel at night only, she did not want to tire him out the first night out. She looked down at the quiet Fleet for a few moments, before she spoke. She pointed up to the nights sky.

"Have ya ever heard the stories of the Great Wolf?" she asked Fleet, pointing towards a certain cluster of stars. "My Da used to tell em to my, when I was little. He taught me how to travel, while watchin' the lights." Lorain smiled at Fleet. "My Da.. it could be the blackest of nights, but that man could find his way, long as a the night lights were shinnin." Lorain spoke softly. Alone, in the desert night, she didnt need to speak too loudly. Her voice carried clearly to Fleet. Even Freedom seemed interested, and listening to her now, as he continued to plod along, one long ear flicking back to listen. "I can teach ya, how's to read the lights in the sky. It's a good thing to know, while we be traveling." Lorain told Fleet as she scanned the skies around them. It was a start to something. Good, bad or whatever came their way. They would now be facing it together. She gave a soft laugh. "I'll make a dessert Ser outta ya yet." she told him with a nod.

Tag: greyjedi125, spycoder9

OOC: I put unknown for the days, cause I know we lost a few, while waiting on Kaili...

Trieste and greyjedi125 like this.
  14. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Fleet, Unknown days before the wedding
    Caravan Trails, The Dessert

He had been quiet and keeping to himself, even without realizing it. The young urchin boy was, in a word, busy sorting out the affairs of his heart. Not that he knew he was doing this. He merely followed along as images flashed through his mind and a myriad emotions coursed through him. All the while he inwardly journeyed towards hope, as both 'Freedom' and Lorain paved the way to a new adventure, one which he hoped was much better than the last. One where corporal punishment and the frailty of human mortality would not be constantly be put to the test. One where he would learn what was needed to be strong and independent, enough to stand against a tide of evil doers, or any who dared to do harm to another living soul.

"Have ya ever heard the stories of the Great Wolf?"

Fleet almost didn't hear the question posed to him by Lorain, so wrapt was he by his thoughts, however, though delayed in his reaction, he did react as he looked up. The young boy's blue eyes followed the pointing hand of the 'giant-woman'. He looked at the cluster of stars, bright up in the sky, beckoning. A cool breeze ruffled his hair and he momentarily closed his eyes to batter savor the sensation. Then he smiled. Looking over now to Lorain, he finally answered.

"Nay. I haven't." He confessed easily. "But I 'member looken up at the lights now n' again." A glint of interest shone in the young boy's eyes, as his mood seemed to lighten considerably. Lorain continued.

"My Da used to tell 'em to me when I was little. He taught ne how to travel while watching' the lights." She said with a smile. Fleet grinned at her and marveled, as he once again regarded the stars. He thought he recalled bits of conversations, half-remembered, of men mentioning something to that effect.Sailors. He continued listening to Lorain, quite interested indeed.

"My Da… it could be blackest of nights, but a man could find his way, long as the lights were shinnin." Lorain spoke softly, and Fleet remained attentive, hanging on every word. He even got much closer better to hear Lorain, his smile plastered on his face now. Even Freedom seemed interested, which made the urchin boy chuckle.

" Freedom, he wants ta travel by shinnin' lights too." Fleet managed to exclaim in his growing excitement. He even imitated Lorain and scratched behind the mule's ear just as the woman with 'giant's blood' had done mere moments ago.

"I can teach ya, how's to read the lights in the sky. It's a good thing to know, while traveling."

Fleet was shaking his head 'yes', even before Lorain could finish her sentence.

"I'd love to read the lights, teach me, teach me!" he said, hardly able to contain himself. Lorain gave a soft laugh and Fleet laughed with her, fully inhabiting the happy moment.

"I'll make a desert Ser outta ya yet." Lorain declared with a nod. It almost sounded like an oath.

"Yaaa-haaa!!" Fleet cheered happily into the night, and at the stars and at the desert. The sound of it carried a promise to be fulfilled.

"So tell me about the Great Wolf?" He asked finally, beaming up at her.

There was no doubt that Lorain could see that the boy was ready. His mind and heart craved for knowledge, he was eager to learn, and hungrily consumed anything that would raise him up. Even if he wasn't fully aware of it, he was ready to be molded. Under the proper guidance, he could become a force for good, lest fate decree otherwise.

Tag: Ktala, spycoder9 ( That Desert fox that's following…I see you! LOL )

Trieste and Ktala like this.
  15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Lorain could not help but smile, when Fleet commented he had not heard the stories of the Great Wolf. She was not surprised, but the look on his face made her smile. And again, his comical head shaking, when he was agreeing with her, about wanting to learn how to read the lights, he was even now, so full of energy, wanting to learn as much as he could.

"I'll make a desert Ser outta ya yet." Lorain declared with a nod. Fleet answered with his own cheer of "Yaaa-haaa!!" happily into the night, and at the stars and at the desert. "So tell me about the Great Wolf?" He asked finally, beaming up at her.

Well, how could she say no to him? His plea was quite sincere, and Lorain could tell it. He wanted to learn, and Lorain would teach him as much as she could, so that if anything happened to her, he would be able to survive. They would have plenty of times for lesson. But for right now, he craved the story.

"Well, lets see if I canna remember it..." Lorain teased Fleet. She knew the words. She had begged her Da to tell her the tales every time the traveled. She had even told them to her own younger brother. So she knew the words. Looking over, and seeing Fleets large eyes set upon her, she could not hold back. She laughed softly. She then gave him a nod.

Lorain raised her arm high once more, pointing to the traveling star that they now followed. "Now dat, they calls that light, the 'Travellers light'. Sometimes, ya hear others call it the great Hub, cause all the others lights chase around it, while that one stays still, mostly. Sailors sometimes call it the Heaven's Beacon, cause its one of the few bright lights one can see when on the big ships, out in the middle of the waters." Lorain smiled. Now, round it, chases Manu, the Great Wolf, and with him, Wylur, the great Elk, that he chases through the heavens." Lorain paused, and then began to point out a cluster of stars. She then used her hands, and fingers, to show Fleet the grouping of lights above them, and the picture they made.

"Now Manu, The Great Wolf, was a clever wolf, who was out one day in search of food, when one day, he spies the Wylur, Great Elk. But he knows that the Great Elk is fast. So he was using his smarts to catch him. Wylur is smart as well, but he was very proud and vain. His thinks that his great horns, and his long legs would keep him safe enough. So he continues to eat, and walk while the Wolf stalks him. Finally, a noise makes him look up, RIGHT into the snapping jaws of the Great Wolf. Elk, knowing he had let Wolf get too close, uses his great horns to swipe and the Wolf as he turns and runs away. But Wolf is very hungry, and he is not about to let Elk get away from him that easily. So he follows. Soon Elk, who is getting tired, looks back, and sees that the wolf is still chasing him. So he begins to climb the highest mountains that he can find. He figures that the wolf, will be so tired, and will stop chasing him there..." Lorain moves her hands, making gestures that follow along with the story, as Fleet watches her.

"But Wolf's stomach growls with hunger. The Elk is huge and fat, and would feed him for a long time, so he continues to chase him, not giving up. Elk sees that the wolf is still behind him, and what is worse, it is gaining on him. So he runs faster, up the steep mountains, knocking back rocks as he climbs higher and higher still. A few rocks slide past wolf, but wolf will not be so easily chased away. He smacks his lips, his fangs bared, as he continues to climb even higher to reach Elk. Elk looks back, and sees the Great Wolf. He is now desperate. He has climbed to the very top of the mountain top, and has no place else he can go. He cant climb back down the other way, and now wolf will surely catch him." Lorain looks around, like the Elk might have done, and then she looks upwards at the sky. "The Great Elk looks up to the skies, and calls out. "Great Gods of the Sky..Help me. Take pity on this one." One of them, Oru the hunter, looks down, and hears the call of the Elk. He takes pity on the Elk, and points down from the skies. Suddenly, the Great Elk sees a path suddenly appear in front of him. Like tiny stepping stones, they lead up from the top of the mountains, winding their way up, and up, and up...." Lorain makes her fingers climb an invisible staircase upwards. "And the Elk is carried away to the points of light.

"Meanwhile, the Wolf makes his way to the top of the mountain, and imagine his surprise when he dosent find the Elk. His hunger is making him crazy now, and he looks about, snapping and snarling as he tries to figure out where the Elk went. He does not see the path that was made for Elk. High above, the Elk sees the Wolf. But Wylur cant help but tease the Wolf. "Hey! You are a lousy hunter. You could not catch me. I have outsmarted you, and now you will stay hunger on top of that mountain top, until you starve to death. You will never be as smart as me!" The Great Wolf jumps and leaps as high as he can, but of course, he can not reach the Elk."

Lorain pauses now, and puts her finger to the side of her nose, the same way her Da would do. "But Oru, the Hunter had been listening. And he does NOT like the fact that the Elk did not mention him at all. Not one word of thank you very much, or praise. But instead, he be boasting and teasing the Wolf, telling him it was because he was so clever, not cause anyone helped him. So Oru decided that Elk needed to be taught a lesson." Lorains grins now. "So, while Manu is busy leaping and jumping about, trying to figure out how Elk had gotten so high, he sees something. A bit of light, glowing just above him. He stares at it for a moment, and then, he decides to leap!"

"And to his surprise, his feet feel solid ground. Wolf is excited now, and he begins to root abouts, sniffing around him. And soon, he spies another patch of light. So he jumps once more. WOMP! He is patient, and he waits his time, till another light appears. And so he keeps following them slowly. Meanwhile, Elk, so sure that he was safe, and that nothing would bother him while he was so high within the lights, was wandering about, having forgotten all about the Wolf. He walks over to where the great Hub was, to grab himself a drink from the dipping spoon nearby." Lorain points out the shape to Fleet.

"When suddenly, a loud growl and SNAP of jaws makes Elk jump. The Wolf is standing on the other side of the Great Hub. Elk runs around, looking for the pathway he had taken to get himself so high up in the sky, but it is now gone. The Hunter has removed it. "Serves you right, for not being grateful." The Hunter tells Elk. "You boasted how clever you were. So let your cleverness serve you now." Hunter tells him. So Elk runs. And the Great Wolf took off running rights behind him, snapping at his heels. So now, they be that way forever, since the pathway they took, is gone for good. The Great Wolf, chasing the Elk but never quite catching him, while the hunter watches them. Round and round they go, 'bout the great hub."

Lorain finishes her story. And brings down her arms. "The Hunter keeps them there, to reminds us to be thankful. And to show us the way, when we be lost, and need to remember where it is we needs to go." Lorain finished her story, and then grew quiet, so that Fleet could think on the story, and ask any questions, if he had any.

Tag: greyjedi125, spycoder9

greyjedi125 and Trieste like this.
  16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Fleet, Unknown days before the wedding

If only he could see himself as his blue eyes grew large and his face so attentive, that his focus on Lorain became so complete, it excluded everything else. One could safely say that Fleet's ears could only perceive the story Lorain now unfurled before him.

The young urchin boy had no lack of imagination, that was for sure. It was so seamless how Lorain used actual visual cues, like the stars above so when Lorain finally got around to share the story of Manu, The Great Wolf who chased Wylur, the Great Elk, Fleet could visualize them which such keenness, it seemed to him he had been transported in time and was witnessing real events.

Fleet chuckled, laughed, gasped and jumped in surprise at all that was being related. He could almost feel the Wolf's snapping jaws and slavering maw, driven by unrelenting hunger, which was something he was familiar with. The Elk's desperate flight for survival, this was something he too could relate to. He even found his heart racing as the two beings raced up the mountain and the situation grew even more desperate.

But Lo! Oru the Hunter took pity on the prideful Elk. Fleet cheered at the divine intervention and he smiled happily. But the Elk was too proud and too vain, and had not thanked or praised He who had succored him in his darkest hour and delivered him from certain doom. Fleet frowned as the Elk continued to taunt the hungry wolf, shaking his head at the shameless creature.

Then, the wolf began climbing, slowly. Aided by a hand unbeknownst to the beast. Fleet could clearly imagine the Elk's astonishment and trepidation at tis development, and still it did not turn to seek forgiveness for its transgression. The Elk was not as clever as it presumed to be. It was blinded by its own follies.

Oru was right in his declaration.

You boasted how clever you were. So let your cleverness serve you now. Serves you right, for not being grateful.

The lesson was not lost on Fleet.

Now the Great Wolf chased the Great Elk, and their now eternal cycle served not only as a lesson, but to guide men, not only in their travels, but their hearts as well.

"Yay!! That's a great story!" Fleet said excitedly and now he was full of energy. With one hand he made snapping motions, imitating fang filled jaws, and with the other he pantomimed fleeing feet.

"Nyaw, Nyaw, Nyaw!!"

Round and round the jaws chased the nimble feet. Never quite catching up.

"Hey! There's Oru! I can see him nou!" Fleet said, pointing up, excited at his new skill and discovery. After a moment, the boy closed his eyes and clasped his hands together, then spoke in a low voice.

"Thank you Oru, Great Hunter, for guiding our path this night."

Fleet then opened his eyes and smiled up at Lorain. Looking past her and over her shoulder, he saw another cluster of lights.

"Which un be that?" He asked, pointing again.

The boy's excitement could not be contained, and he looked forward to all the woman with 'giant's blood' had to say and teach.

Tag:Ktala, GM

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Lorain could not help but smile, as Fleet's expressions changed, while she told her story, his eyes wide as he listened. "Yay!! That's a great story!" Fleet said excitedly, as she was now quiet, and she chuckled softly as he now moved animated around her, one hand he made snapping motions, imitating fang filled jaws, and with the other he pantomimed fleeing feet.

"Nyaw, Nyaw, Nyaw!!"

Lorain chuckled softly, as she smiled, watching him. This was how Fleet should be. Excited about life. Watching him, made her feel better. It gave her hope. Fleet excited call, made her look up.

"Hey! There's Oru! I can see him nou!" Fleet said, pointing up, excited at his new skill and discovery. Lorain nodded, letting him know that he was correct. She then watched as Fleet suddenly came to a stop, closed his eyes and clasped his hands together, then spoke in a low voice.

"Thank you Oru, Great Hunter, for guiding our path this night."

Wow. Lorain gave a slow nod. She had not expected that. They would need the help of all they could get on this journey, so she could understand his heartfelt comment. Lorain's smile grew even more. Fleet then opened his eyes and smiled up at Lorain. Looking past her he pointed. "Which un be that?" He asked her. Lorain turned to look at the points of light that Fleet was now pointing too. Telling stories as they traveled, was a way to keep their spirits raised, and to keep moving at a good pace. And it was a pleasant way to pass the time. Lorain looked around them, making sure they were keeping true to the path, and to make sure that nothing was amiss. After a few moments, she spoke once more.

"Ahh Fleet. You have sharp eyes. You have picked out Aniki." Fleet had pointed to a small cluster of 8 points of light. "Aniki the weaver, some call her." Lorain stated, as she moved up next to Fleet clearing throat softly.

"This story be even older now. Now dat be Aniki. She starts our story as a spider. A very smart one, she was. A tiny thing, one so small that she was always being ignored by the other great animals in the lands and heavens. But she did not let that bother her, 'cause she knew, that even if she was small, she had just as much to contribute, as any of the larger animals. But the other animals, they always teased her terribly. "Ah, Aniki, you are too small to be of any use!" Anu, the Lion would tell her, showing off his terrible claws and teeth. "I am a great hunter. My roar causes the others to stop and listen. Even my fur makes the other animals stop and look!" The great hunting bird Yoonir showed off his powerful claws, and beak, was always boasting of his skills and strength. But Aniki took it all in quietly. She never said anything mean of the other animals, but she just worked, spinning her beautiful webs, and doing the things that spider does." Lorain paused, wiggling her fingers like Aniki, hard at work on a web. Lorain then continued with her tale.

"Wells, one day, the Gods decides to have a contest with the animals below em. An to make it fun, they would be giving a prize. And the prize was something wonderful indeed. A chance to become the leader, naye, the KING of the other animals within this forest. So all of the other animals were excited, and they alls wants to try. And the rules sounded simple enough.

"The first one among you who can take this spear and throw it into the sky and count all the way to ten before it touches the ground will become King of this forest. And you only get one chance to try." de were told. But this spear was special, it changed sized, according to the size to the animal throwing it, to keep things fair. So soon, the beast with large claws and teeth, Anu came forward, to claim his spot at being king. "I am large and poweful! And I deserve to be King he declared, as he stepped forward.

Ubu, the owl, who was declared to be most fair, and would judge the contest nodded his head, as he pulled up his great wings. "Alright, you may try Anu." Lorain wingled her fingers in front of her face, showing long fangs and claws, and stomped her foot, acting like a wild beast. She grabbed the imaginary spear, and let it fly into the night sky..

"One! Two! Three!" Anu cried out, as he counted. The spear hit the ground on the count of four. Oh, Anu was angry. He roared so loud, he shook the trees, and pawed at the ground. But Ubu simply looked at him. "You have had you're chance." So Anu slinked away, very unhappy.

Soon another animal stepped forward from the forest. Cha'wu' the powerful Bull, with wide horns, and powerful muscles, charged through the crowd to the front. "Get outa my way. Get outa my way. I'm gonna be king. I'm gonna be king. I've got the biggest muscles, I oughta be king." Cha'wu' declared to all. So again, Ubu, the wize owl, nodded. "Alright Cha'wu', you may try. Remembers, you only get one chance.

Cha'wu' simply snorted, as he grabbed the spear with his mouth. Then he took the spear, clenched it in his teeth, threw his head back and cast the spear into the sky. "One! Two! Three! Four! Five!" he shouted. The spear hit the ground on the count of six.

Lorain smiled, and then made a silly angry face. "Bull was so angry. he started tossing dirt into the air and he stomped and pawed the ground. His great horns, hit one of the trees, making the poor thing shake. But wise Ubu held his ground. "That was your one chance. You did not win."

After that, the other animals started to talk to one another. They said things like, "Oh dear! This contest is hard. Lion couldn't do it, and he's real big. Bull couldn't do it either, and he's real strong. I don't think anybody's gonna win this contest!" Several other very large and strong animals also tried. And each time, they failed. Some with very long necks, or very wide backs, all the different animals within the forest tried. And some even tried counting very fast. Some came close... but none won. The other animals wondered if ANYONE could win this contest. They began to think that maybe, this was a joke by the Gods, and that none could win this test. Far in the back, watching quietly was Aniki. She had been watching the contest very quietly, watching as the many different animals tried and then failed. She did not think the Gods were simply teasing them.

Lorain paused now, looking around them, and then looked around. She smiled, and started to speak once more. "The other animals began to grumble and complain that the test was impossible to do. And they were about to leave, when they heard this tiny voice call out.

"Wait, wait. Let me try. Let me try. I can do it. I can do it. Let me try." It was Aniki.

When the animals heard that, they all burst out laughing. Lion came over to Spider and said "What do you mean, you can do it? Why if I can't do it, you certainly can't. Go home you little runt." And then, all de animals really started to laugh.

But Ubu, the owl jumped up and shouted angrily, "Stop it! Stop it! I will not have you making fun of Spider like that! Who is to say that small animals can't do things that big animals can do? If spider wants to have a chance, he's going to be given the same chance that all the other animals had." SO Aniki grabbed the spear with one leg, and after she bowed to the four winds and sky, she gave a mighty toss.

"Five plus five equals ten" she shouted. A few seconds later, the spear hit the ground. The other animals stood there, very confused, asking what that meant. They were all so very confused. Owl came forward and explained everything. He said "Yes Aniki! You are absolutely right. Five plus five does equal ten and so does three plus seven and lots of other combinations! Five plus five is another way to get to ten! This contest was not a contest to find out who was the biggest or who was the strongest. It was a contest to see who is the smartest!"

Lorain gave Fleet a huge smile, as she spread out her arms. "Ya see, dem Gods were so impressed by little Aniki, that they honored their gift, and she became King of all the animals within their forest. And they were so happy, that when she was no longer King, she was given a spot in the heavens, to show us all, that even small things have their place within de heavens. "

Lorain ended her story, dropping her arms down once more, staying quiet as she gave Fleet a wink. Aniki might not be as exciting as the Wolf and the Elk, but every point of light, had their own story. And she had a feeling, Fleet would be asking her about them all.

She just hoped he didnt want to hear them all tonight!

Tag: greyjedi125, The GM

18. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008

Somewhere in the Mountains

As the inexorable wash of time continued the people of the Mountains, Desert, Isles, and Capital were all blissfully unaware of the impending evil that was building. In the snow-covered hills footsteps headed upwards, always upwards, to a silent and dreadful spot. The cold wind whipped the figures standing and chanting. What they were or who they were was not important. The undead, slowly as if led by melody, headed towards them as more dark figures emerged from the forests and trees to surround the spot. Evil permeated and enveloped the area. If a man's eyes had looked upon the sight, he would have run in fear of the hideous beasts and magic that permeated everywhere.

Words moved on the cold air, “Soon our armies will return and soon we will rule again as in the old days and men will fear us.”

TAG: None or All

19. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    OOC: Yes a double post, but necessary.

19 Days Before the Wedding
    Docks, Breezecroft
    Lukas stood there and looked the docks and at Gwenn, his eyes piercing straight into her.

“Notin’ much,“ Lukas replied, but his eye betrayed him something was going on. He looked at her almost with a longing perhaps.
    With a gleam in his eyes, Lukas added,”I wondern’ if a man such as myself might have the honor of escorting a pretty lady such as yerself home or maybe someplace else, as I don’t want anything to happen to ya.”

Tag: @Jedi_padawan_leigh
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    19 Days Before the Wedding
    Breezecroft, Isles
    Some Inn, A Boarding Room

The King smiled and said, “Your boots are over in the corner. Here is the list of things we need you to bring. How you get that done is your affair. I have heard from sailor that the port of dragons breath has all the items that are on the scroll here.“ The king handed to Abbott Tuckman a scroll. If Tuckman had looked at the scroll it would contained both mundane and hard to find items. Some of them included fruit and vegetables from the Mirwyth mainlandand other materials like clothes and dyes. Still others pointed harder to obtain item like fruit from the Cutright tree from a specific region of the mountains.

“I also suggest you get sailing. I have heard the stormy season is coming and many a ship has been lost on the seas during that time. As for the doctor...well, we will discuss that when you return, ” said the King.

The King left the inn, trailed by a guard leaving Tuckman to his own devices.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto

20. witchdoctor07

witchdoctor07 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2007
    OOC: Again sorry for the novel ;)

IC:Alistair Bryce
    19 Days before the wedding
    Foot of the Mountains of Mirwyth

Alistair and his new found companion, the peasant girl whom he had rescued, who called herself Liana, travelled quietly through the woods. The two had been going for about two days now ever since they had left their spot next to the creek the same night that Alistair had infiltrated the Capitalmens’ camp and freed what prisoners he could. It had been tough going for both of them, but mainly for Alistair since he was the one walking, leading Horse by the reins while Liana rode in the saddle. The nights were even harder since they had to make do without fires so as not to compromise themselves, which also meant eating cold food, a small luxury that Alistair hated to set aside. They had almost been caught the first night of their journey when a scouting party of Capitalmen almost stumbled onto their camp sight, obviously looking for the missing prisoners. The only thing that had saved them was the moon not being out that night so he and Liana were not as easy to detect, even Horse was hard to see in the pitch blackness. After that they increased their alertness and where they slept. They were halfway into the second day of their journey when Liana finally spoke, something she had not done since he had rescued her.

“I am sorry ser, but I don’t believe I ever asked your name.” she asked suddenly and awkwardly, obviously not sure what to say to a strange and heavily armed man whom she barely knew. Alistair smirked and obliged her curiosity.

“My name is Alistair, Ser Alistair Bryce,” He said without looking at her, always keeping his eyes forward, searching, looking, and waiting for anything to appear out of place. The girl gave a slight smile.

“So, you are a knight? I thought knights were supposed to be clean shaven, wear plate armor and ride around on giant destriers.” She said, obviously questioning Alistair’s claim. He did look a bit haggard and ragged, especially since he had not shaven his face ever since he came up into the mountain, instead allowing his beard to grow out in order to keep his face a little warmer.

“I am a different kind of Knight m’lady, I am a Hunter.” He said, almost with a hint of pride, even though it was not really something people would consider being proud of, mainly since what little Hunters’ there were left were nothing but common sellswords. But back in days past the title of Hunter struck fear into most people.

“Oh I see. Bryce? I do not believe I have ever heard that name before, is it a Mountain name?” she asked. My this one is quite the interrogator thought Alistair, wondering how many more questions he would have to answer before she was satisfied and would continue on being quiet.

“Aye it is a mountain name, a very old one, but most of House Bryce is gone now.” He said, hoping that would put an end to the subject, but all it did was enhance her curiosity.

“Oh I am sorry I meant no disrespect, well you must have some family. A mother? A father?” She asked

“I have neither, just an old uncle, we are the last.” Alistair said with a sigh. Liana must have caught on to the irritation in his voice since after that she stopped with the question and went back to looking down and braiding Horse’s mane. Alistair continued on, leading Horse up a small hill that was thickly covered in pine trees. He tried to stay focused but the questions that Liana had asked had stirred something in his mind, memories from years past that he had not thought of for what seemed like centuries. His mind went back to the day he had been knighted, how sure he was about everything, how proud he had been…

10 years ago, the Ruins of Far Reach…

The young man known as Alistair Bryce stood in the ruins of the courtyard of the ancient keep of Far Reach, the keep that had belonged to the Bryce family and dated back to the first men. His uncle Magnus had brought him here, it was his 18th name day and his uncle wanted him to see the fortress of his ancestors, and to celebrate him going out into the world soon to be to pursue his life as a Hunter. The keep was in a deep state of disrepair, but that is what happens when a lord of a keep dies and has no one to replace him and no servants or castellian left to tend to the decently sized keep. Ivy and creepers has soon covered much of the walls and some of the mason work was almost crumbling, but this was his home, even though this was the first time ever seeing it, he felt like he belonged here. His Uncle Magnus walked up behind him, a large grin on his face.

“Beautiful isn’t it lad?” he said standing with his massive hands on his hips looking around the courtyard.

“It is, I have never seen a building so massive.” Said Alistair in disbelief, still looking around at the squat and round towers and high walls that surrounded him.

“Oh believe me lad, there are even larger castles and towers than this out there in the world, you’ll see when you strike out on your own. But just remember someday all this will be yours.” Said his uncle, the smile had suddenly turned into somber look on his face as he looked down at Alistair.

“But uncle, I think you have forgotten who I am, I am baseborn, a nobody, just man named Alistair Stone.” He said, knowing all of this was out of his reach.

“Nonsense lad, you have your father’s blood in your veins, and that same blood runs through my veins. And if I am not mistaken, which I rarely am, the law states that if there is no one of legitimate birth to inherit the lands and titles of their family, and then it all passes to the baseborn child, that my lad would be you.” Said Magnus as he looked at him, and then a smile once again broke across his face.

“But uncle you are still alive, and I don’t expect you to die any day soon,” Alistair said with an uneasy chuckle.

“I set aside all claims at that life when I became a Hunter. Now damn it lad are you just going to stand there all day and argue laws with me all day or are we going to do what we came here to do? Now get over here” exclaimed Magnus. Alistair looked at him quizzically.

“What do you mean Uncle, what did we come to do?” he asked.

“Well you want to be a Hunter don’t you? And it always makes the job of being a Hunter easier if you are a full-fledged knight, now get over here and take a knee,” exclaimed Magnus once more.

“You never told me you were a knight uncle,” Alistair said with a smile and a laugh.

“I didn’t tell you a lot of things now quite being a fool and take a knee,” said his uncle with the typical irritation in his voice that Alistair had come to love. He went before his uncle and took a knee and bowed his head as his uncle drew his great sword and laid it on his right shoulder and then to his left, reciting the Oath of Knighthood. As soon as it had begun the ceremony was over.

“Rise Ser Alistair Bryce, and carry out the duties of a knight.” Said his uncle, Alistair slowly stood and looked his uncle in the eyes, almost not believe that he was a Knight, and it was then that he understood that this whole time his uncle had not only be training him to be a Hunter but a Knight as well. It was also the first time he referred to him by his father’s last name of Bryce and not simply Alistair or Ali as he liked to call him. So that’s it, I’m a Bryce now. Just the thought almost made a tear to swell in his eyes but he held it back not wanting his uncle to see. Instead he leaned in and embraced his uncle, his uncle returned the hug and simply laughed, it was a loud and joyous laugh, and Alistair knew that he was happy for him…

Present Day…

That had been almost over ten years ago, his Uncle Magnus was still alive but he didn’t leave his cabin by the creek all that much and despite still being as strong as an ox he was starting to slow down in his old age. And now Alistair was a Hunter Knight who had years of experience under his belt, and his own share of scars, though not nearly as many as his uncle. Alistair looked to the sky; the sun was at its peak in the sky above them. He lead Horse to the small stream they had been following for the past mile so they all could drink and refresh themselves. As Liana dabbled her feet in the small stream Alistair sat next to her,

“We should arrive at Wanesford by nightfall if we hurry, there we can get you some real food and find you some new clothes, and maybe find someone who will take you in.” Alistair told her in his most reassuring voice, which wasn’t that convincing, he was always terrible and comforting and reassuring people, he preferred to stick to the hard truths. Liana simply smiled a girlish smile and nodded her head. After their short break they were back on the trail again, heading to Wanseford and whatever fate awaited them there...

Tag: Lukes_Apprentice

21. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    19 Days before the wedding
    Foot of the Mountains of Mirwyth
    Snow covered forest

A scout from the capitalmen had spotted Allistar with the girl and assumed him to be an easy target. He went back to camp to get a few men to capture them. The men mounted their horses and rode towards Allistar and his companion, Liana. In their haste the sound of the horses reached Allistar and from the sound the horses were running at a gallop and the sound was coming from the camp he thought he left behind.
    Tag: witchdoctor07

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    18 days before the wedding

As Fleet and Lorrain continued along the Caravan trail the night grew darker and colder. Then slowly but surely sounds drifting on the air could be heard ahead. If they strained their ears, the pair might have heard something like horses or camels. It may have been a caravan, or it might have been a roaming band of wild horses. Either way the sound was getting louder.

Tag: greyjedi125, Ktala

greyjedi125 likes this.
  22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Abott Tuckman
    19 days before the wedding
    Some Inn, Board Room

That was it? Either his charm was much better than he thought after a night of being drugged senseless and flirting with a murderer of men, or he was finally growing into the conniving smooth talker that could marry into office. Eh, either way the jeweled scabbard was retreating and leaving him to his thoughts and dreams of a future of position and trade.

Now all he had to do was form a plan so that his family didn't take too large a slice out of his profit base. Still looking over the list the scabbard had handed him he had to admit, the man's initial claims of food and his people first and other goals second was looking rather strange. Some of these food-stuffs he had never studied much before.

"Oh no, with this many rare items there may be no profit." He whispered with a soft gasp to himself as he clutched his chest and tried to pry his own eyes bushy coverings aside to look at the sun lit room once more. "Oh, I shoulda listened to you ma, 'no noble cause comes with lasting profits'. I shoulda listened." Shaking his head he set about looking for his shirt, he knew he had worn one last night. Well at least he had his pants, but still a shirt kept white-ish was a hard thing to replace. Spotting a sleeve he bent down and groaned slightly, "What did that sea temptress do to me last night? OH, I hope she enjoyed it at least. Maybe I could stay awake for the next time." he grumbled to himself.

With a grin he set to prepping to leave and heading to the ship and her dangerous captain. All he had need of was now was to set out, head to the port of call, check for his family in the area and see about getting some goods through a more manageable means than above board trading's.

TAG: Lukes_Apprentice

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Fleet, Eighteen days before the wedding
    Caravan Trails, The Dessert

The boy's blue eyes grew wide once again as Lorain began to spin a new tale. Fleet immediately grew quiet, all his attention on the story-teller. This story was older than the previous one and promised to be even more fascinating, since it was about eight very distinct points of light in the sky, that is, until Lorain mentioned the word 'spider'.

"Eww!!" Fleet blurted out, unable to help his reaction a she swiped at himself, almost as if invisible insects were attempting to crawl on him. The display lasted only a few seconds, as the young urchin composed himself and though blushing, grinned at Lorain. He had not meant to interrupt her.

Lorain smiled amused by his sudden antic, then resumed her storytelling.

Fleet listened with great interest. He imitated the animals Lorain mention, as he had never seen them, but knew them from stories and other artistic imagery. He made a roaring sound once Anu was mentioned, made the motions of throwing an imaginary spear and was quite surprised when the proud lion failed at the test.

"That's not possible…" He berthed out more to himself than anyone else.

The Bull, Cha'wu' was next. With his fingers, the young boy imitated horns and pawed the sand beneath his feet with a foot.

He was also surprised that the bull had failed.

"One! Two! Three! Four! Five!!…"

Fleet was cheering for the Bull, but to no avail.

"No way…"

If neither of these two powerful creatures could throw the spear and become King, what animal in the whole jungle could?

When Aniki was mentioned, Fleet wrinkled his nose and gave Lorain a highly dubious look. It was clear that he wished to comment on this, but he forced himself to hold his tongue and allowed her to continue, quite vested on hearing how the little spider was going to accomplish what the Lion and the Bull could not.

When the other animals made fun of Aniki, Fleet made a face as if he were glaring at hecklers. He did not like bullies or hecklers! So he was against Aniki's detractors. None of which could throw the spear any better than the Lion or the Bull themselves, so there!

Fine, Aniki was a spider and a small one. She had not chosen to be a spider, but that was who she was. It was true that Fleet wasn't fond of spiders, but that was not the issue here. How was Aniki going to fare any better than the Lion or the Bull? This he had to see for himself.

And so, the tiny little spider threw the spear. Fleet had no idea what to expect.

"Five plus five equals 10!" Aniki shouted.

"What?" Fleet said, confused for a second. Did the spider just cheat?

Ubu the fair Owl went on to explain.

"Yes, Aniki! You're absolutely right. Five plus five does equal ten, and so does three plus seven and lots of other combinations! Five plus five is another way to get to ten! This contest was not a contest to find out who was the the bigger or who was the strongest. It was a contest to see who is the smartest!"

Lorain gave Fleet a huge smile as she spread out her arms. Fleet was looking at her, amazed at the point of the story and how everyone had assumed incorrectly, about the contest and about the tiny little spider, to which he was no exception.

The Gods honored 'King Aniki', and after her rule, granted her a much deserved place in the heavens, as a sign that there was something even greater than physical might, and even the smallest creature could become KING.

"WOW…..Lorain, that wus amazen!" Fleet declared, going over incredible story he'd just heard. Perhaps he would see spiders a little differently now.

The boy opened his mouth to say more, but a sound caught his attention just then. Fleet turned immediately towards the sound and listened, even as he squinted his eyes to see the source.

"Did yu hear that?" he asked. The sudden feeling of anxiety came through clearly in his voice. Fleet made a fist and grabbed for the dirk he carried, still unable to see the source of the sounds. He didn't have to say it, but it was clear he thought 'pirates' or some such in his mind. They were out in the open and vulnerable. Fleet looked back at Lorain, all traces of humor gone, now replaced with a look that bordered on fear.

"Somethin's comin…" He declared with clenched teeth.

Tag:Ktala, Lukes_Apprentice

Trieste likes this.
  24. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    15 Days before the wedding
    The Lands controlled by The Snowy Fords

Henrik Bille had been prowling around looking for a victim to steal from or take something from . However, what he had not noticed was the two guards dispatched by Lord Tarvick of snowy fords to patrol. Low and behold he had an additional bit of bad luck the men had spotted him and one recognized him, but he had not spotted them. They acted quickly and based on a silent signal one was at Henrik’s back with sword drawn and the other in front of him with his sword before he could react.

One the guards said smiling, “So, you are the famous ‘Night Bird’!!! I thought recognized you. I believe there is a reward for your capture. I guess this is our lucky day.”

TAG: @Jan607

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Next to the Caravan Trails, The Desert

Lorain gave Fleet a huge smile as she spread out her arms. Fleet was looking at her, with a shocked look on his face. He then suddenly grinned. "WOW…..Lorain, that wus amazen!" Fleet declared, Lorain chuckled softly to his antics. The night was growing darker now, and the coolness of the night was beginning to reach them. To Lorain, this felt wonderful, and was quite comfortable now.

Fleet opened his mouth to say more, but a sound caught their attention. Lorain froze, her hand went up to 'Freedom's' muzzle, to stop him, and keep him quiet, even as Fleet turned immediately towards the sound and listened. The sound seemed to be coming from somewhere ahead of them. That, could be a good sign. Someone coming from the desert and not the sea. Lorain listened, being very attentive. It sounded like many animals. Horses or camels perhaps?

"Did yu hear that?" Fleet asked, and Lorain could hear the anxiety in his voice. Fleet made a fist and grabbed for the dirk he carried, still unable to see the source of the sounds. Fleet looked back at Lorain, all traces of humor gone, now replaced with a look that bordered on fear.

"Somethin's comin…" He declared with clenched teeth.

Lorain nodded, and gently laid her hand on Fleet's shoulder. "Remember Aniki.." She told Fleet gently, as she patted his shoulder. She listened to the noise once more. It may have been a caravan, or it might have been a roaming band of wild horses. Whatever it was, it seemed to be getting louder. "Be brave, Fleet. Do not grab for your weapon...but keep your hand close to it." Lorain stated softly, not looking at Fleet, but out into the darkness. A caravan tended to be a bit noisy, and moved with lots of other noises as well. It was good to keep the other wildlife at bay. It might not be anything belong to a caravan at all. "Be calm. And remember to call me Lor." She told Fleet, even as she moved her own weapon more forward, but made no move to draw it. If they were nomads, such a move would be an insult, even in these times.

Lorain quickly moved Fleet and Freedom over to the right side, taking them quickly off the road. She quickly took off a scarf, and handed it to Fleet. "If they be wild animals, cover Freedom's eyes, and hold tightly to his reins..." she told him, as she pulled his harness down, making the animal sit down on the sands. They were now pulled away from the main road, Lorain gestured for Fleet to scruch down as well, as she now did. It the night, it would make them harder to see, and it would give them a chance to see what it was heading for them. Lorain pulled one of the torches she had made earlier, and laid it down next to her, in case it was needed.

Lor waited, to see what, if anything would appear next. She also kept a sharp watch to the areas off the sides of the road, in case anyone was indeed trying to sneak up on them.

TAG: greyjedi125, Lukes_Apprentice

greyjedi125 likes this.