main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A web page...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Jan 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I know this has been disscussed before, however with AoTC only five months away there will be an explosion of interest in SW. We could take advantage of that by developing the Rocky Mountain FanForce page where we could really develop it into something stunning.

Not to mention, what's a fan club without a web page ;)

I would volunteer to do it, but I only know HTML 4.0, not all the other cool languages that make sites fun.

2. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    i know grimby was working on one for a while. i've got some experience as i've done quite a few webpages myself....but perhaps we could do a group thing so that everyone can contribute to a web page? does anyone else have graphic experience or html/css/java/c++/cgi anything, experience? i could set it up on my domain which has cgi and all that...then just give the password out to anyone interested in working on it as well....there's also a program called greymatter that would make updates to the page VERY simple....

3. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I do some graphic Design and Flash Animation

4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    [Sgt Shultz]I know no-zink.[/Stgt Shultz]

5. Faceplant

Faceplant Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2000
    I think this is a smashing idea.

I can hold my own on HTML, and I can do some cool special effects like lightsaber blades, blaster bolts and Emperor electricity.

6. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Go for it!!!!

7. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    all right...i'll make the space on my domain. what subdomain name would you like? as in ****.nathair.com....****=whatever you want.

8. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    RockyMountainFanForce

9. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    that may be a little too long.....rmff.nathair.com?

10. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    fanforce.nathair.com sounds good too :)

11. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    That'll work. I can check with some of my firends and see if they could host for us, with our own domain name.

Also, Mystery Sith recommended I show you all this site for ideas: www.nyline.org

Maybe we could register a simple name like RMSWLine.org or COFanForce.org, something like that. I'll look into it....

12. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Also, go here: http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10335

Mystery Sith started a new forum, all because I asked them to. How's that for cool? :D

13. stone_jedi

stone_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    How about RMFanForce.com or something? I have mucho c++ experience, but not much with graphics.

14. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
  15. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Thanks, TD!!!! Spiffy. Could you add a link to this forum?

SJ --are you actually going to boycott AOTC? :D

16. stone_jedi

stone_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    It's something a few of us TPM bashers have thrown around. Not boycotting the movie entirely, just the opening weekend, which would mean I'd miss the premiere with you guys. (although I would be willing to go watch it the next week or something) We just don't feel that Lucas deserves to break any opening box office records, seeing his track record lately (SE's, TPM, and the CCG card games, which I know very little about). Stupid? Yes. Childish? Yes. Does it mean I'm not a SW fan anymore? Not at all! I am just hoping for a little more quality this time around. Oh yeah, and the N'Stink announcement had a little to do with it as well. ;)

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well although I have limited software (no adobe :p ) I can whip up some decent graphics. I'm no professional though. (However I do plan on becoming on ;) )

18. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    you guys could use that Banner that my friend Rory did. I was brushing up with my flash last night. I even went as far as going to the store to buy the LOTR soundtrack to use it as a bg sound while the movie played, it was around 30 seconds. For my fan fic character, it was pretty snazzy.

19. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    i'll add a link today....i've got adobe....5.0 with the eyecandy filter and i also have macromedia.....any others? i know linux has a pretty good graphics program....

20. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Here are great programs to do webpages

Frontpage 2000/XP
    Adobe Photoshop
    Paint Shop Pro (same thing as Photoshop but like $400 cheaper lol)
    Dreamweaver
    Fireworks
    Flash 5

I'll think of more later, I'm still sitting here looking at my 2 other unopened boxes of The Menace Of Darth Maul... Luckily i came prepared this time.... SCISSORS! lol Last time I had 3 boxes of Jedi Council, my thumbs hurt so bad from opening 90 packs of cards lol

21. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    i have frontpage and paintshop pro as well.....paintshop pro doesn't have the same capabilities as far as filters go as photoshop does. does anyone have quark, by any chance? that's the MOTHER of all graphics programs. :)

22. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    fanforce.nathair.com has been updated. it's very basic....just css text and a link to the board for now.

23. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Quark is only good if you want to make magazine layouts, and psh, who needs filters?! :) I too have both, but PSP is a lot faster in my opinion. I'll start fiddling around with PS again and see what I can come up with :)

24. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    quark is the main graphics program used in any graphics area. when i was in school majoring in graphic design, they emphasized quark a lot....with photoshop at a close second.

25. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Have you got Qwark? I know a guy who has it, I wonder if i should borrow it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.