main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A WIP of my own

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Darksteps, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darksteps

Darksteps Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    about 8 years ago, I designed my own future batmobile for a batman book I was writing(never finished the book)... back then I was using a program called Sculpt4D on my Amiga, but was a serious newbie in 3d modeling and thus not the skill to do the drawing any justice...

friday night after I got home from work I found the drawing while looking for something else and decided what the hell...

this is about 12 hours total work...

WIP 1

WIP 2

and I know what you're thinking Crunchy, but this is just to re-tap the well of inspiration to finish your model(s)... :D

still have to actually detail the interior... what's in there right now is just the base on which the rest will be built...

if it says not available, then my bandwidth has been exceeded, give it an hour...

Darksteps...

2. PapaFett

PapaFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
    Very nice... would love to see it in a gotham scene with the dark knight at the controls.

What app btw, and technique (subd's, nurbs, combo)?

3. Darksteps

May 15, 2001
    thx :)

the knight is next(Crunchy's model is really next, since it's WIP right now)...

I want to do a gotham or NeoGotham as I called it in the book...

MAX5... poly/subdivion modeling... the simplest most efficient technique I know...
    :D
    Darksteps...

4. Darth_Tater

Darth_Tater Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2001
    Ah, I remember those days...pretending to care if Crunchy thinks I'm working on one of his models. =P

Looks good, man. :)

5. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Ha ha, very funny Jeremy, I know you care! You'd better care, if you know what's good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks good Marc, hey even I need a break away to regenerate my interest at times. I usually play with my Photoshop software or play Americas Army to relax :)

6. Darksteps

May 15, 2001
    ty :D

you know Crunchy, I was thinking last night that once I get the cockpit done, it might also make a nice speeder for a digital double... granted it'll have to be a version without a batsign on it, but I won't be adding the sign until everything else is finalized...
    ;)
    Darksteps...

7. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I was thinking the same but didn't want to admit it :)

8. Darksteps

May 15, 2001
    okay, here's a little more... working on the contour of the cockpit before adding the seat or the major detail work...

WIP 3

WIP 4

Darksteps...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.