main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

A Word of Warning

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by DarthJurist, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Some of you may have noticed a bit more moderator activity in this forum in the past few weeks. That is because the FF staff has been paying closer attention and is in the middle of coming up with some new guidelines and policies for this forum to help give it an 'identity' or purpose.

In the meantime, please note that this is not an RPG forum. Threads that exist solely to create yet another room, temple, plant, or whatever for people that already post in one of the numerous established social threads risk being locked immediately.

On a similar note, please do not bump up old threads for the same purpose.

FF Community Mods will be posting something in the near future. We are not aiming to completely change this forum, but to give it more definite purpose and create a community where all FF members are welcome to meet each other.

~H~

2. LordDarthDevaious

LordDarthDevaious Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2005
    Does this mean you're locking all the threads that are here right now?

3. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    No, we are not locking not all threads, but there are some threads without any purpose but spam or if you like it more euphemistic to boost the post-count.
    And we just like to remember that this is the FanForce.

4. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I'm not going to lock anything right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if the recently bumped threads were locked by the FFC mods at some point in the near future. I believe there are plans to allow a fair number of social threads, but to limit any new ones, including who can start them (considering this is Fan Force Community).

~H~

5. RogueAce7

RogueAce7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    Ohh, this sounds good. I like it. Should bring a more...expansive range of our fellow board members here. There's only a handful of threads that are really active here, any new people would most certainly be welcome!

6. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    Hey, good idea. ;) It'll be fun to see what you come up with. ;) oh, and feel free to bounce ideas off me if you'd like. ;) It would be nice to see more activity in here.

Oh, and yay for more mod coverage/activity. ;)

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    How far are you with your plans about the new/updated guidelines and policies for this board now?

Or do you know (approximately of course) when we have to expect the new guidelines and policies?

8. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    We are working on them. Don't worry.

9. LordDarthDevaious

LordDarthDevaious Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2005
    I don't like this...

10. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    Tough luck.

11. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    I think this is a pretty pointless forum, all these threads could easily go into the JC.

12. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 7

Mar 22, 2005
    FanForce and JC Forums are separate basically as far as I know.

13. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    They both sort of carry the same topics, I don't see the point of this forum.

14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Quellonis, the FFC is for FFer to discuss topics concerning the FF. It's about FF, which is a bit different to the JC. And as far as I understand the first post, the RSAs and GSAs are working on a "new" identity for this board.

15. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    It shows your lack of knowledge about this forum. The JC and FF have quite different histories and the move of the FF to IGN made the JC and FF using the same Forum. We don't want to seperate the FF and the JC, but we are not the same entity.
    And not to forgot the FF wants to improve the interaction of Star Wars Fans not just virtual, but in Real Life, too.
    I would never have met such wonderful people like CrazyMike, Obi-Anne, strilo, TwiLekJedi, quite some people from the FF France, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, UK and not to forget my own FF, if not for the FanForce Boards.
    Sorry for everyone I didn't mention, but you know who you are and that I never would forget you! :)

And if you don't see point of this forum, then you don't need to post here.

16. KyleKatarn96

KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    The mods finally came. Everyone run :p

On a serious note: Nice to see you guys here, hopefully this place will pick up a little bit now.

17. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Ok, sounds good. IMO we need to bring the Fanforces closer together. hopefully this will help.

18. CrazyMike

CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes I have arrived in order to continue my tradition of killing threads :)

19. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    /\

Look at that! CrazyMike did!

20. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Wow. That's crazy, Mike.

*rimshot*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.