main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Aaron Allston Tribute day on Saturday

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Apr 1, 2015.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Did you love reading the X-wing books, or any other of Aaron's wonderful writings in the Star Wars Universe. This is in from Star Wars books

There is also A Tribute to Aaron Allston panel on Saturday 4-5 pm at the Behind-the-scenes stage.

jawajames likes this.
  2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    I'll be wearing a Hawaiian shirt on Saturday!

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Me too!

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Me too!

5. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015
    semi related, but is there a stall that sells novels?

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Del Rey and Penguin will have some giveaways. Check out the details here on SW.com.

7. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    I met Mr. Allston at Austin airport, we were both flying out to a Celebration. Such a nice guy, very friendly and so talented. Looking forward to the panel! :)

8. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Mysterious Galaxy is going to be the official bookstore for Celebration, at least for Del Rey / Random House material. So you can get novels there, and check out the signing schedule!

9. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    It was a very nice and touching tribute, I'm glad I went!

Regan21286 and jawajames like this.
  10. walldoggy

walldoggy Jedi Knight

Aug 7, 2013
    Went to the tribute not knowing much about him other than the fact he wrote several of the X-wing novels, which was my favorite series. It was a very moving and touching tribute, with lots of great anecdotes, stories, and remembrances. I'm a bit sad I never got a chance to meet him as a fan, and as a person as he seemed quite genuine and funny.

Regan21286 and jawajames like this.
  11. Regan21286

Regan21286 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    Late to the party, but I made sure to go to this one, especially since each Celebration I went to (IV, V), I always managed to bump into Mr. Allston on the convention floor. Felt weird not seeing the author of my favorite squadron in Anaheim this year.