main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga About Last Night... [ Aches & Pains ] #17 05/13 Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by red rose knight, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Title: About Last Night?
    Timeframe: Between TPM and AOTC
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, Garen, Bant, Mace, Yoda and many others
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary: Obi-Wan has lost his cloak after a gathering of friends and spends the morning after searching for it. (Working Title: Dude, Where?s My Cloak or a Thorny Situation)

The usual disclaimers apply. George Lucas owns it all; I am not making any money on this.

Author?s Note: This is supposed to be a light-hearted piece. It has been suggested that I lighten up and don?t stick so close to canon and have some fun?er, at least let Obi-Wan have some fun. 8-}

This could be a very loosely based companion to A Jedi Shall Not Know Love, so take it however you want.

2. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    About Last Night?

The orange light bursting through the wooden slats was not just bright; it was intense and searing. Brain frying.

Groaning, Obi-Wan Kenobi squeezed his eyes closed, desperate to shield against the intrusive light. Lash framed eyelids felt paper thin against the early morning glow bringing a sharp pain to his already aching head. The grunt of earlier turned to a whimper as a sluggish hand came up. The shadow that fell across his closed eyes brought a small sigh of relief.

?No,? he growled. ?Too early.?

After a few moments that felt suspiciously like hours, Obi-Wan opened his eyes just a little, still under the protection of his hand. Were the light a laser, it would melt away his muddled brain and he quickly squeezed his eyes closed again.

From the round meditation seat that he was sitting cross-legged on, he pushed himself to the edge and rose to his feet.

Too fast.

Even with his eyes closed, the room was spinning. He sank back to the edge of the cushion. So he decided to just sit there, at least until the floor quit moving.

Off in the distance, the steady beat of drums pulsed through the walls filling the chamber. The vibrations echoed in his already aching head causing another pained groan. Pressing his palms to his ears he desperately wanted the sound to go away.

More importantly, he wanted the piercing light to disappear. Rising to his feet again, he stumbled forward toward the semi-shielded light wall.

The wooden slats that controlled the amount of illumination from the natural light conduit that covered the narrow wall of the small chamber snapped shut with the strike of a heavy hand. A muted, golden glow was all the remained and for the moment, it was more than enough.

Now if he could just get whoever was beating the drums to stop, all would be fine.

Turning away from the wall, he slowly opened his eyes. A deep sigh met the sight of the quiet meditation chamber. Moving at a sluggish pace, he trod back to the meditation seat and sank to the soft padding.

In the soft orange glow of the room, he studied its plain features but could not discern where in the Jedi Temple this room was. It was a standard meditation chamber, showing little variation from the hundreds interspersed about the great structure. The only decoration beyond the dark maroon walls was a potted fern that stretched to the ceiling.

But wherever this was, it was poorly placed. How any right-minded beings could meditate with those drums constantly banging was beyond him. Then again, at the moment, he did not really care. Resting his elbows on his knees, he buried his face in his hands. It was not just his head that felt like a herd of banthas had stormed through, strangely his whole body hurt.

Drawing his tongue slowly across his bottom lip, he discovered a sweet, sticky taste. It had an addictive, fruity flavor that begged for more as he sought out the remnants of the dried juice. It was so familiar.

From where?

Then it occurred to him. He had no idea why he was in that meditation chamber, let alone where it was. Sitting up again, he sniffed at the recycled air and caught a hint of freshness, of dirt. The rich smell of flora permeated the parts of the Temple near the various gardens. He could almost smell the damp soil.

At least, that was what he thought he smelled. He did not dare trust anything at that moment. Shifting about on the cushion, he looked for any other identifying markers of his whereabouts. A dull pain stretched over his right shoulder blade nearly touching the left. The surprise made him retreat back into a less strenuous position.

?Oh not good,? he whispered, sensing bruises and swelling, another question without an answer. Staring down his front, Obi-Wan tugged at his rumpled tunic. It looked worse than slept in. A glimpse of rich color caught his attention and he twisted his arm revealing green stains at the elbow. Checking the other side, he found matching smudges. More green at his knee

3. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Tee hee! Obi with a hell of a hangover. I'm looking forward to finding out more details of what happened in the Star Lounge. This promises to be...interesting, at the very least. :D

Great start, Red!

Shaindl

4. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    At least he still had his pants on.

*snaps fingers* Gosh, darn!

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Obi-Wan with a hangover? Pricelesss!

Pushing back from the wall, he trudged a few steps forward; stopping he broke into a wide smile at the sight of his boots. ?Thought you would hide from me, huh?? he asked. He chose to ignore the fact he was talking to inanimate objects. He was alone and there was no one to look at him like he was crazy.

I won't say "been there, done that" but it might have happened once or twice in my wild and youthful days (or last week- I'm not saying).

Hilarious!

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    It has been suggested that I lighten up and don?t stick so close to canon and have some fun?er, at least let Obi-Wan have some fun.

Eh? We're just trying to get you to embrace your true destiny. Come, Red, and join the olleJ side of the Force!

Which reminds me...just what is he tasting on his lips? [face_mischief] I, too, am disappointed that he still has his pants, but if he finds Siri wearing his cloak... :D

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    just what is he tasting on his lips? [face_laugh] Leave it to you Jade! Poor RED! Who had the gall to tell you to loosen up the reins you had on poor Obi? [face_devil] Very interesting beginning! For some reason I kept picturing Ben'al as I read this. [face_plain]

8. -Scarface-

-Scarface- Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    Picturing Ben'al...that doesn't surprise me at all! [face_laugh]

9. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Poor Obi. Come here, love, and let me massage away those drums. :D (It's probably that silly lottery prize ad, Obi. Just scroll past it and the drums will stop.)

Well, this is certainly promising. Strikes me as a bit different from what I would expect from RRK (if I hadn't seen the Dude, where's my cloak [face_laugh] working title), I think. But goodness abounds as usual.

Is it just me or have the ads gotten weirder in the last say two or three months or so?

KD

10. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Hmmm, veeery interesting :)

Is it a Obi/Siri romance? if so please can i add it to the archive? *points to sig*

11. Calantha

Calantha Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2002
    [face_laugh] The perfect cure for a bad day. Thank you, Red.

12. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Does Obi really want to know what he got into, and more importantly, does anyone have any evidence proving whatever happened happened?

Loved it red!

13. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    lol! This looks like it should be fun. The image of Obi talking to his boots gave me the giggles. :p

14. jedi_keladry

jedi_keladry Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    ROFLMBO!

I've never been hung over (religious objections to drinking), so I can't really relate. But pain has never been so funny before, RRK, and I hope you post more soon.

At least he still had his pants on. Bummer.

I was laughing at him talking to his boots. I thought talking to my cats was weird.

15. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Shaindl?This promises to be...interesting, at the very least. ?? Interesting? I hope so. This is totally out in left field for me.

Opal?*snaps fingers* Gosh, darn! ?? I am such a party pooper. :D

VaderLVR64? Obi-Wan with a hangover? Pricelesss! ?? Just wait until you see him before the hangover. [face_shocked]

JadeSolo?Eh? We're just trying to get you to embrace your true destiny. Come, Red, and join the olleJ side of the Force! ?? I?m scared! [face_devil] But it is fun too. ?? Which reminds me...just what is he tasting on his lips? Hmm, just wait.

obi ew? For some reason I kept picturing Ben'al as I read this. ?? Slaps forehead! You and your Ben?al lust! You just love the dangerous, arrogant types, don?t you? Poor Ben?al. [face_love]

Scarface? Picturing Ben'al...that doesn't surprise me at all! ?? [face_laugh]

Knight Dilettante? Well, this is certainly promising. Strikes me as a bit different from what I would expect from RRK (if I hadn't seen the Dude, where's my cloak working title), I think. But goodness abounds as usual. ?? Well, you can thankoe, she has been poking me with a sharp stick for a while to get this story going. Something about me being a stick in the mud and keeping poor Obi-Wan firmly stuck to canon. 8-} This is probably as close to ?Obi Goes Wild? as you are going to get from me. ;)

Alixen? Is it a Obi/Siri romance? ?? Not really. It?s just a fun story involving a number of Obi-Wan?s friend, including Siri.

Calantha? The perfect cure for a bad day. Thank you, Red. ?? Your welcome. [face_blush]

Birdy?Does Obi really want to know what he got into, and more importantly, does anyone have any evidence proving whatever happened happened? ?? Um, well?he probably doesn?t really want to know. As for evidence? Check out today?s post for answers.

HHP? The image of Obi talking to his boots gave me the giggles. ?? Then you should enjoy what else he talks to? ;) Let?s just say there is droid wrestling involved.

jedi keladry? But pain has never been so funny before, RRK, and I hope you post more soon. ?? Well, you are in luck! Another posty up in a minute!

Wow! [face_shocked] I am shocked by the response! [face_blush] Thank you all! I hope to keep you laughing [face_laugh] even though this type of writing is all new to me. (Been writing doom and gloom so long, it?s old hat. This is light-hearted stuff is scary!) I think?if I have counted right?there are a total of 16 chapters. Some are short and some are long. I have it all in a first draft and will try to put up a post every day or two. :)

Hope you enjoy today?s post.

16. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    While Obi-Wan?s stride was a little shorter, his step missing the usual confidence, he kept his head high as he marched through the busy corridors of the Jedi Temple. There was nothing amiss. Nothing at all.

Even if he was positive the drums pounding in his head could be heard by everyone within a hundred meter radius.

Rounding a corner, he found himself briefly alone as he passed through the meeting areas. The corridors had seemed extra busy today, but he was sure that was normal and he was feeling a little paranoid about his somewhat disheveled appearance. Rough hands tugged at his tabards, brushing over the noticeable wrinkles.

Obi-Wan now realized that he should have headed straight for his apartment and a shower. Fresh clothing and the feeling of being put together would have been better for trekking through the Temple corridors.

He also would have felt more like a human being and less like something stuck to the bottom of his boot. But, it was more important, at the moment, to retrieve his cloak. Obi-wan knew he would feel better once it was back in his possession.

The walk through the vast and labyrinthine corridors of the ancient ziggurat had enlivened him, pulling him?ever so slowly--from the early morning funk. His brain was still muddled, but he was beginning to function normally again. Even the events of the night before, which had been hidden under a veil of darkness, had begun to push through. No long a fuzzy dark blob, but a fuzzy light blob.

Passing a two female knights, who were quietly visiting as the traveled the wide corridor, he offered a cordial nod. Nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing at all.

Except the giggles.

It did not take awesome Jedi powers to figure he was the source of their laughter. Of course, he would be more willing to pass the blame on a joke whispered between the two women, but it was the third time since leaving the mediation chamber that such joyful noise filled the halls after his passing.

It was nearly impossible to ignore it, especially when all he wanted to do was turn and ask why. Spinning about, he sought the two knights but found that had already vanished around a corner.

Maybe it was better, he decided, he wasn?t really sure he wanted to know the answer.

Again, he tugged at his tunic trying to make it look a little less like it was in serious need of laundering. A deep sigh built in his chest. The bright green stains that colored his elbows and knees were another matter. He had no explanation for them and little way of hiding them until he could pull his cloak on to conceal the mess.

Where the stains had come from still eluded him in the fuzziness of his memories.

Turning to continue his journey to the Star Lounge, he froze.

?Master Kenobi,? Depa Billaba said, her deep painted lips drew into a smile. The Mark of Illumination glittering in the various lights that filled the hall.

?Master,? Obi-Wan replied and then offered a shallow bow, fearful that he would topple over onto the woman if he tried to bow too low. When he straightened he found her dark eyes intensely studying him. She was grinning at him.

All he could do was offer a small, curious look. The one Bant had dubbed his ?innocent face?, although he had not been innocent in quite some time. The thought inspired a small smile.

Depa?s cheeks turned a bright red and her grin, heightened by his was quickly masked with a soft, tea colored hand that did little to stifle her laugh. Her words trembled as she quickly excused herself and rushed off in embarrassment.

Obi-Wan stood perfectly still, clueless to what he had done to inspire such a reaction. Great deductive reasoning aside, a river stone could figure out he was the source of laughter to many a female.

Backing up against the wall, he pressed his back to the unyielding surface. Fingers pawed at the drifts of red and gold hair that brushed across his brow and down over his beard, fearing he looked wild and grizzled after?after what? He could not remember the night before.

He

17. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, someone put the poor guy out of his misery and tell him what's on his face. It's like having broccoli between the teeth - except I think this is going to be much more embarassing. :D

Can't wait to find out what it is!

Shaindl

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm dying here. This is so hilarious! I mean I can picture EWAN drunk and disoriented, but Obi-Wan? He seems so dignified and well behaved! Beautiful job! Utterly and thoroughly enjoyable!

All he could do was offer a small, curious look. The one Bant had dubbed his ?innocent face?, although he had not been innocent in quite some time. The thought inspired a small smile.

Uh yeah, we all know this look and it's ONE reason we love him, LOL!

19. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    This is probably as close to "Obi Goes Wild" you are going to get from me.

You can do it, Red. Just loosen up the reins that Obi is on and your corruption will be complete.

20. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Holy cow red! You posted on a friday!

The bright green stains that colored his elbows and knees were another matter. Could that possibly be what I think it is?!?

Oh please be...

If there is a video of the events leading to the suspcicious green stains, I want a copy - I'll pay good money too! (Wait, you already know I'm a broke college student - nevermind I'll think of something else ;) )

You're getting into this humor thing quite well! It seems so natural - Are we going to get Shower, Revisited in this fic?

21. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Poor Obi! Totally clueless to what is going on around him. I think I could get used to him this way! :D

22. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Congratulations! You got me to delurk! I just had to comment. :eek:

Your descriptions are just wonderful and I couldn't help but laugh at Obi finding himself in such an embarrassing sitution! I simply can't wait to find out what all the women are laughing about!! LOL ;)

~Jedikma :)

23. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    ohhhh, a story!

*does happy padawan dance*

oh, I have my suspicions about that green stain also.... :)

MORE!!!! please

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    LMAO!!!

You really made my day with those posts :)

25. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    The young master brushed his hand over his forehead wondering if he had ?stupid? tattooed on it.

My scintillating ass has just fallen off from laughing too hard. And I just love those drums. Red, I don't know how you do it, but you're creating cliffhangers - with humor. :eek: Who knew?! [face_laugh]

If Obi-Wan wants to know what happened, all we have to do - er, I mean, all he has to do is view the security cam recordings from the previous night... [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.