main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga About Last Night... [ Aches & Pains ] #17 05/13 Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by red rose knight, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_keladry

jedi_keladry Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    The young master brushed his hand over his forehead wondering if he had ?stupid? tattooed on it.

Reminds me of "Never Been Kissed," when Josie walks around school with LOSER on her forehead.

Why is it that the females are laughing, but the male just shakes his head at poor Obi? Is he sure he has his pants on? That would explain it.

Green stains are promising. :D

Resolve the cliffie, please, I'm goin' nuts here!

2. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Wow, red! This is great! Nice change from the angsty stuff.

3. jedi_keladry

Jan 25, 2004
    Up! Yup, I'm sending this up.

4. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Shaindl? Oh, someone put the poor guy out of his misery and tell him what's on his face. It's like having broccoli between the teeth - except I think this is going to be much more embarassing. ?? You and Obi-Wan are going to have to suffer for a while.

VaderLVR64? Beautiful job! Utterly and thoroughly enjoyable! ?? [face_blush] Thanks!

Opal? You can do it, Red. Just loosen up the reins that Obi is on and your corruption will be complete. ?? Eeek! [face_shocked]

Birdy?If there is a video of the events leading to the suspcicious green stains, I want a copy - I'll pay good money too! ?? Obi-Wan hopes not!

obe ew? Poor Obi! Totally clueless to what is going on around him. I think I could get used to him this way! ?? Lol!

Jedikma? Congratulations! You got me to delurk! I just had to comment. ?? Wow! Nice seeing you!

Wookiee? oh, I have my suspicions about that green stain also.... ?? Oh you do? Know something I don?t?

PAdawanKitara? You really made my day with those posts ?? :D

JadeSolo? My scintillating ass has just fallen off from laughing too hard. And I just love those drums. Red, I don't know how you do it, but you're creating cliffhangers - with humor. Who knew?! ?? [face_laugh] And I wasn?t even trying!

jedi keladry? Why is it that the females are laughing, but the male just shakes his head at poor Obi? Is he sure he has his pants on? That would explain it. ?? Well, he hasn?t looked down in a while?

ca tron? Wow, red! This is great! Nice change from the angsty stuff. ?? Thanks! I?m trying to ?expand my horizons?. ;)

Thank you everyone for all the replies. Sorry about the cliffhangers, but seriously, your and Obi-Wan?s suffering is going to go on for while. :)

5. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    It was still early and the lounge area was still quiet. Gray walls rose up, sealing off the various spaces for privacy as deep blue carpeting dampened the sounds of footsteps in the wide corridors that threaded through the section.

Obi-Wan was grateful as he rounded the last corner and saw that it was empty. The laughter that seemed to follow him about the Temple concerned him. Once he found his cloak, he was going to pull the hood low and steal back to his apartment.

His cloak, a long, hot shower and a bite to eat, which was all he wanted. Except the low growl of his stomach threatened to change the order. He was hungry, even if the sweet, fruity taste still clung to his lips.

He still couldn?t place the taste though. It was addictive and he wished for more than just the occasional glimpse.

A small grin graced his lips just a few steps from the door. He was home free.

And then Obi-Wan came to an abrupt stop.

Stepping through the high arched doorway and into the corridor was Mace Windu. The solemn expression on the tall master?s face melted into a friendly smile. The edges of his lips twitched and pulled wider. ?Master Kenobi.?

?Master Windu,? he appropriately replied before leaning forward in a shallow bow. He could feel his brain sloshing around in his skull, yet it did little to mute the drums. With a slow exhale; he straightened, hoping to look cool and collected.

To his dismay, he found himself the subject of the dark skinned Jedi?s intense study. ?Master??

Mace shook his head. It was obvious he was trying to stifle the smile. ?I was just thinking.? He nodded back toward the lounge. The high, overhead lighting shined on his bald top. ?It appears someone had some fun last night.? A wicked grin bled across his features.

?Really?? the shorter Jedi asked, trying not to look too guilty.

?I found the remains of a bunch of bizi?grina berries. There were stems all over the lounge,? he added in a low growl. Sternness flooded his face. ?Padawans better not have been eating them or there will be hell to pay.? After a lingering silence, Mace laughed. ?I remember the first time I ate the little blue fruits. They were delicious, filled with a sticky sweet juice. Completely intoxicating.? Memory painted his features. ?I couldn?t get enough of them, until the next morning when I woke up with a bit of a hangover.?

?Oh.? Obi-Wan figured it was best to say as little as possible at the moment.

?They are murder on the brain,? Mace continued as he folded his arms across his broad chest. ?Especially when you can?t remember half of the night before.? The tall master eyed Obi-Wan again and cracked another smile. ?Someone probably woke up with a surprise this morning. Serves them right. Assuming they were foolish enough to eat more than one or two of the lust for life fruit.?

?That would be foolish.? Obi-Wan lightly ran his tongue over his lips picking up the taste of the now recognizable bizi?grina berries.

Oh yes, they were familiar now. He reached up and brushed fingers over the flavor that still lingered. He wondered how many he had eaten.

?And behavior befitting only a padawan.? Speaking with the solemn authority of a senior Council member, Mace asked, ?You and Anakin go before the Council this afternoon, right??

?Yes, Master,? Obi-Wan replied, snapping back into the moment.

Mace just shook his head, suppressing another grin. He then slapped the younger Jedi across the back and started down the corridor. ?See you in a few hours, Master Kenobi.?

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You had me going there- for a while I thought it was olleJ on his lips ;)

7. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    ROTFLMAO - another "cliffhanger with humour"!

Poor Poor Obi-Wan!

I want to try some of those berries - no alcohol!

8. Calantha

Calantha Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2002
    :D

You write a sheepish Obi-Wan very well. I can't wait to see how Siri is involved.

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Master Windu,? he appropriately replied before leaning forward in a shallow bow. He could feel his brain sloshing around in his skull, yet it did little to mute the drums. With a slow exhale; he straightened, hoping to look cool and collected.

Poor dignified Obi-Wan! How distressing to be in such an unfortunate situation. So what? It's funny! I love it! Keep going, and torture poor Obi some more!

10. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Why do I get the feeling that Obi-Wan didn't know anything about the effects of those berries? Who got him to eat them? and How is Siri involved?

You must post again soon! :D

~Jedikma

11. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    That's always the way, isn't it? Something happens, and you don't want to see anyone, and you end up seeing all of them anyway. Never fails. I loved Mace's slyness and his insinuations. Very funny! Can't wait for more!

Shaindl

12. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    PK? You had me going there- for a while I thought it was Ollej on his lips ?? :D Sorry, no olleJ is in this story. Obi-Wan has far more colorful things to worry about.

Birdy?I want to try some of those berries - no alcohol! ?? Oh, but they are more addictive?and more fun.

Calantha? You write a sheepish Obi-Wan very well. ?? Thanks! I am surprising myself with these different turns in Obi-Wan?s character.

VaderLVR64? Keep going, and torture poor Obi some more! ?? This definitely gives new meaning to the term, obi-torture. :)

Jedikma? Why do I get the feeling that Obi-Wan didn't know anything about the effects of those berries? Who got him to eat them? and How is Siri involved? ?? I?ll give you a hint. One of your questions answers another. ;)

Shaindl? I loved Mace's slyness and his insinuations ?? If only poor Obi-Wan understood.

Glad people are still enjoying this. I am having so much fun writing it!

13. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Creeping silently into the lounge, Obi-Wan carefully looked about the large, deep green furniture filled room. He felt like a youngling fearful of being caught for breaking the rules. But he wasn?t a youngling, nor had he broken any rules. At least, he didn?t think so. The night before was still very fuzzy, but instead of being a big dark blur, it was now a big light blur.

Still, after all the strange looks and reactions he had received since leaving the meditation chamber, he would not be surprised to find Master Yoda sitting there, wielding his gimer stick and launching into a lecture on the proper behavior of a Jedi. Visually, he swept the chamber, searching for the little green troll but saw no one. He would not reach for the Force, his head hurt too much.

The smell of cleaning agents permeated the air and he suffered the urge to cover his nose. Normally the citrus laden chemical smell did not bother him, but this morning was very different.

The high-pitched whir of a cleaning bot caught his attention. He strained to look through the maze of settees and benches, spying the small, dome-shaped droid on scrubber feet working its way across the floor. Curving black antennae rose out of the bright yellow casing, moving about and scanning the area ahead.

Moving slowly about the chamber, Obi-Wan carefully searched for his errant cloak. At first, he assumed it was just slung over the back of a chair, but when it proved elusive, he searched the floor and any other obvious hiding place.

After his third circuit of the room, a deep sigh escaped him and he sank to a rounded sofa in the center of the chamber. Still not entirely giving up, he sought out the seat he vaguely remembered sitting in the night before. Bant and Garen had been there. Others. Siri. He remembered talking about workouts. But he could not remember if he had his cloak on at that point or not.

He had been so sure that it had been there.

Somewhere.

Burying his face in his hands, he just sat there; hoping the drums in his head would subside. Reluctantly, he returned his thoughts back to the conversation with Mace. It hurt to think. He just could not remember bizi?grina berries. There were a few finger foods, fruits and even drinks. But blue berries? He knew what they were and would have abstained since the berries were highly illegal for padawan?s to consume. It would not be setting a good example for Anakin. Right? He couldn?t remember.

A soft groan escaped as the pounding in his head seemed to intensify. ?What fool would name a fruit ?lust for life? that made your head feel like it was going to implode??

The only answer was the distant hum of the cleaning droid.

Someone had a sick sense of humor, he thought.

Calm flowed over his dulled mind as he tried to reach back into his memories for the night before but was disrupted by a high-pitched squeal and an irritated string of beeps. The sharp pain in his skull that accompanied the terrible racket startled the young master. Her gripped his ears and squeezed tearing eyes shut. ?Quiet,? his voice trembled.

Drawing one eye slowly open, he stared down at the little cleaning droid. His foot blocked the bot?s path. Little black antennae waggled about as it studied the strange obstacle.

?Go around,? he growled.

He had a new project for Anakin, to create a maintenance droid without an irritable personality.

His refusal to move his booted foot only inspired another blare and whistle from the droid. Prying his hands from the side of his head, he stared at the troublesome thing. ?Did you eat my cloak?? he demanded, certain that the troublesome machine may have done it out of spite.

A blip and a snarky whistle was all he received.

Planting his elbows back on his green stained knees, Obi-Wan buried his face in his hands again. A soft groan filled the air as the mind shattering sounds of the droid only added to the growing symphony in his head.

There were a few soft clicks and whirs, but he ignored them, hoping the droid had decided to go

14. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hah! It's R2's smaller, eviller twin! :D

I love droids with 'tude. :p It just seems like everyone and everything is out to get Obi-Wan. Poor guy. Lucky us! :D

Great job, Red. Very cute, and very entertaining. :)

Shaindl

15. jedi_keladry

Jan 25, 2004
    instead of being a big dark blur, it was now a big light blur.

Nice touch, slipping in Han's remark there.

I love it when people call Yoda the little green troll, I always LOL @ that.

Poor lovely, tired, hung over Obi! More soon, please!

16. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    ROTFLMAO!!!

oh sweet forcemonkies RED Obi just can't catch a break, can he?

I can't wait for the next part!!!

searching the floor three times? Well, if he can't find it I suppose he could get a replacement made of ollej!

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    He had a new project for Anakin, to create a maintenance droid without an irritable personality.

LOVED this bit! After all, why have a Padawan skilled in fixing droids if you can't use that talent, huh? Great! More please?

18. Desimir

Desimir Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2003
    That posty reminded me of Bali's little podbot from Book of Paths . :) I can see Anakin taking the machines side over his master also. :D

19. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Yeah! What he said! :D ;)

20. Calantha

Calantha Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2002
    I love droids with an attitude.

Despite the note at the very beginning, this doesn't seem to be straying too far from cannon. You write Obi-Wan very well, even when he's hungover.

I can't wait for Siri. [face_devil]

21. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    This is hilarious. I can't wait to find out why Obi decided to indulge in those berries.

22. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm still trying to decide what a snarky whistle sounds like

23. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Well that cloak certainly has given our boy the slip, huh? :p

Just loved the droid! [face_laugh] Poor Obi. :D

24. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I think someone has deviously set Obi-Wan up and I think I know who she is...... ;)

Wonder if she has the cloak, too?

Also, I just wonder what he is going to do when he figures it out?

~ Jedikma

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    UP! Just in case the author would care to help Obi find his cloak...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.