main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Title: Absolution

Genre: AU

Summary: As Anakin faces an uncertain future, Obi-Wan must face the ghosts of his past.

Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, Luke, Leia, OCs

Timeframe: Episode III era

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to George Lucas. No money is being made.

Thanks to SobiFan for beta reading the first two posts.

This story started out a long time ago as a simple Anakin vignette, but this evil little plot bunny just wouldn't leave me alone, no matter how hard I tried to ignore it.

Absolution

Chapter One
    Home

As the main door of the lake retreat hissed open, Anakin Skywalker was greeted by the sound of a lullaby. Smiling to himself, he followed the sound of his wife's voice to the nursery where a weary Padmé was gently laying their son in the crib he shared with his sister. Anakin watched as she dropped a light kiss on each of the twins' foreheads. As she straightened, Padmé let out a long sigh then tried futilely to rub the aching muscles in her back.

Quietly, Anakin walked up behind his wife and began to gently massage her neck. Startled, Padmé jumped, hitting the crib with her knee. She let out a tiny cry of pain, and in the crib, the babies stirred for a moment before settling back down to sleep.

Padmé whirled around to face her husband.

"Anakin Skywalker, if you wake those children, I will use your lightsaber to teach you a lesson you will never forget," she hissed through clenched teeth.

At the look on his wife's face, Anakin quickly swallowed his laughter. "Forgive me, angel. It's just that you looked so beautiful standing there, and I've missed you so much."

Her face softened. "I'm sorry, Ani. I didn't mean to be cross. I'm just so tired. I've missed you, too," she said as she wrapped her arms around her husband's waist and buried her face in his strong chest.

Anakin could certainly understand his wife's fatigue. Since the twins' birth two standard months ago, sleep had been a rare commodity in the Skywalker household. The infants demanded constant feedings, and it did not help matters that Leia refused to stay on the same eating schedule as her brother. When Anakin had jokingly pointed out that their daughter seemed to have inherited her mother's sense of stubbornness, it had earned him an evening on the couch, which Anakin thought only served to further prove his point.

It was with much guilt that he had left his new family, but the Council had demanded that Anakin accompany Obi-Wan on a peacekeeping mission to a planet near the Outer Rim. Grateful that he was still even in the Jedi Order at all, Anakin had, for once, done as he was told without argument.

Shortly after the Separatists were defeated and he returned home from the Clone Wars, Padmé joyously informed Anakin about his impending fatherhood. He was elated, and for the next few months, the parents-to-be were blissfully happy. Soon, however, they were forced to accept the reality of their situation.

Hiding a marriage had been one thing, but hiding the final stages of a pregnancy was impossible. Anakin would never forget the look of disappointment on Obi-Wan's face when he had finally told the Jedi Master the truth about his relationship with the senator.

"This is not possible. How could you be so foolish, Anakin?" Obi-Wan lashed out at his apprentice as he turned on his heel and stormed across the room.

In an effort to gain control of his anger, the Jedi Master moved to the window and took a slow, cleansing breath as he stared out at the Coruscant skyline, now bathed in its early evening hues of soothing pastels. Obi-Wan struggled to control his emotions as he contemplated the seriousness of the situation. He was hurt by Anakin's recklessness and deception, and he was angry with himself for not seeing what had obviously been right in front of his eyes.

"It's not foolish, Master. We're in love," Anakin replied defensively.

"You're still a child

2. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I wonder who Obi-Wan is remembering?

Great begining--I look forward to more.

~ Jedikma

3. JediSolo13

JediSolo13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    "Two more Skywalkers. I don't think the galaxy is ready," he chuckled.

All too true Obi-Wan! :D. This story is great so far, keep it up!

Hey, i'm the first reviewer! And I don't think I'll be the last either since this story is so good! :D

4. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    Excellent post, Gina

*gasps*

wait there are more installments coming? Heh. I cant wait... and, I too wonder who Obi-Wan is thinking of... Another Jedi, maybe? Im intrigued, and I definitely look forward to more.

5. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    I like how Obi-Wan is standing by Anakin's side....hmmmmm who might Obi be thinking of....a past love????? ;) Anyways....this is a great start and I don't know if the galaxy is ready for two more little Skywalkers! :)

6. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Ooooh, this sounds like fun...

*grins*

I gotta agree with Obi, there: The galaxy is not ready for more Skywalkers...

7. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Great start! I like it a lot!

8. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh that was lovely... generally happy but still realistic :D

I really like that Obi-Wan defended Anakin to the Council... makes me wonder what's really in store...

Can't wait for more!

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    There were too many good parts in this one to pick my favorite, but I know this is going to be a great one! I can't wait for updates!

10. NikitaSkywalker

NikitaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2003
    Great start!

Always knew that Obi Wan had someone in his past!!

Looking forward to more!

11. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I bet he's remembering Cerasi!!! This is so great! I love it!

12. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I can't wait to read more! Super start!

13. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    This is wonderful Gina!!!

When Anakin had jokingly pointed out that their daughter seemed to have inherited her mother's sense of stubbornness, it had earned him an evening on the couch, which Anakin thought only served to further prove his point. :D

You've got Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship down so well! I can see them talking to each other. I wonder how all this is going to affect Obi-Wan???

14. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Very enjoyable and I like the fact that Obi-Wan knows more about ?normal? life than he lets on. The question the Jedi Order might have asked themselves is whether they are stronger with or without Anakin, and if freed of their influence if he could become a problem (in the same way as Count Dooku did when he left the order and became answerable only to himself, though I don?t think the Jedi Council would have though Anakin could become a problem on that scale :) ).

15. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Chapter 2 soon? *looks hopeful* :D

16. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    *echoes Jedikma*

Chapter II soon?

17. tvdunlop

tvdunlop Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2003
    nice fic....keep it up!!!!!

18. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
    I wonder, what happend.

Clone wars over, but no Empire yet?
    I wonder, what Palpy plans, and when he will make his first move.....

I think, Anakins family could get in trouble....

19. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Sorry, everyone. I wanted to get these replies posted a couple days ago, but it was a very, very hectic weekend, and the kids are on spring break this week, so I've had my hands full.

My plan at the moment is to post a new chapter every Thursday, so the next one will be up in a couple of days.

Thanks for reading and for leaving comments. :) :)

Jedikma

Thanks for reading. :)

I wonder who Obi-Wan is remembering?

My lips are sealed ? for now. ;)

JediSolo13

Thank you very much. :D

Vivid_Scripts

*gasps*

wait there are more installments coming?

Ha, ha, very funny! :p

Yes, there are more installments coming, many more in fact. ;)

Thanks!

BrownEyes_Blue

Thank you. :)

I like how Obi-Wan is standing by Anakin's side

Even though they disagree quite often, they really do have an almost father/son relationship. So, like any father, he was hurt by Anakin's deception but knew that the important thing was to help him.

Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Thanks! :D

Dally

Thank you very much. Glad you liked it. :)

RebelScum77

Thank you. :D

makes me wonder what's really in store...

There will be a few twists along the way.

VaderLVR64

Thanks! [face_blush]

NikitaSkywalker

Always knew that Obi Wan had someone in his past!!

Everyone needs at least one skeleton in the closet, don't you think? :p

Thanks for reading. :D

diamond_pony2002

Thank you.

It won't be Cerasi. Unfortunately, I have basically zero knowledge of the EU, but I don't think you'll be disappointed. ;)

VadersMistress

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. [face_blush]

tangled_sphere

You've got Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship down so well! I can see them talking to each other.

Thank you! Characterization is very important to me, so I consider that a great compliment. [face_blush]

_JM_

The question the Jedi Order might have asked themselves is whether they are stronger with or without Anakin

Very interesting that you should mention that?. ;)

Thanks for reading!

tvdunlop

Thank you! :D

Tribun

Clone wars over, but no Empire yet?

Don't worry. Palpy has a few tricks up his sleeve. ;)

20. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    "You know, this is how we got in this situation in the first place," Padmé teased as he
    carried her into their bedroom.

The corners of Anakin's mouth curled into a mischievous smile.

"Well, I've always wanted a big family."

You know, I was planning on lurking but I just have to say I enjoyed that part. ;)

21. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    "You know, this is how we got in this situation in the first place," Padmé teased as he carried her into their bedroom. ... The corners of Anakin's mouth curled into a mischievous smile. ... "Well, I've always wanted a big family."

Sweet! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    Please, let this one have a happy ending! [face_hopeful]

22. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Two more Skywalkers. I don't think the galaxy is ready

ROTFL! :) This is very intriguing. Looking forward to the next instalment.

23. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    mixza

Thank you!

Glad you decided to delurk. :)

leia_naberrie

Thanks! :D

Please, let this one have a happy ending!

I'm not saying a word.... ;)

Sabe126

Thank you very much! :)

24. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003

Absolution

Chapter 2
    A Quiet Moment

Anakin watched Padmé's chest rise and fall as she slept. He reached out to gently stroke her hair, scarcely able to believe that he was finally here beside her again. While he was away, Anakin had spent the many long hours dreaming of his beautiful wife and their even more beautiful children. He felt as if he had barely had the chance to truly feel like a father when he was forced to leave his family. Sometimes, in the dark, lonely hours of the night, he would physically ache from the need to hold his son and daughter, and he would imagine how it would feel to be with them again. Now, his dreams had come true, and to Anakin, it had been a perfect homecoming.

The couple had prepared dinner together, Anakin setting bowls and utensils on the dining table as Padmé stirred a simmering stew, its delicious aroma causing Anakin's stomach to grumble in anticipation. While they worked, they kept up a steady stream of conversation. Padmé regaled Anakin with humorous stories about the twins and discussed the issues she would be facing upon her return to the Senate when her leave of absence drew to a close.

When Padmé inquired about the success of his mission, it was with great pride that Anakin told his wife about his role in securing a truce between two clans who were at the brink of war over the right of ascension, carefully omitting any details that might worry her.

After dinner, the proud parents had spent the evening playing with Luke and Leia on a blanket spread out on the floor of the living area. The young twins had especially enjoyed watching their father as he suspended their rattle toys in midair and caused them to float in noisy circles above them. Their delighted coos were tonic to the troubled Padawan's soul.

Throughout the day, Anakin had managed to sidestep his wife's many questions regarding the Jedi Council. Not wanting to ruin their brief time alone together, he had decided not to tell her about his summons to appear before them.

Now, however, in the oppressive silence of the night, he could no longer ignore the worry that had been nagging at the corners of his mind, and as happy as he was to be back on Naboo with his family, Anakin was finding it difficult to fall asleep. He tossed briefly in the bed, trying to shake the ominous thoughts.

As a distraction, Anakin thought about the plans he had made for the following day. They would have a picnic in the meadow, visit with Padmé's family, and then he wanted to spend as much time as possible playing with his children. Padmé had told him that Luke was already showing signs of being Force-sensitive, and he was curious to explore this for himself.

Just as Anakin finally began to close his eyes, the silence was shattered as one of the twins began to cry.

Beside him, Padmé began to stir. Quickly, Anakin waved his hand above his wife, lulling her back to sleep with the Force. Then, he slipped from the bed and tiptoed quietly from the room.

As Anakin navigated his way across the darkened living area, he heard a loud squeak and felt a sharp pain as he stepped on a small toy that had been left on the floor.

He cursed quietly as he massaged his throbbing foot.

"I don't know how Padmé does this without breaking her neck," he muttered.

Then, another, more insistent cry reminded Anakin of the purpose of his mission. Limping slightly, he once again began making his way to the nursery.

When he reached the crib, he wasn't surprised to find that it was Leia who was crying, her fists clenched angrily at her parents' delay. Anakin slipped his hands beneath his daughter and lifted her from the crib.

"Let's give Mommy a night off. She needs some rest," he told Leia as he carried her to the kitchen to prepare her middle of the night snack.

As they waited, he hummed softly to the baby, trying to soothe her. Soon, father and daughter were settled in a rocking chair in the main living area. Anakin offered the bottle to Leia, who began to e

25. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    This post was both heartwarming and funny. :) I loved so many of the things Anakin said as he fed Leia. You did such a wonderful job describing that scene.

~Jedikma :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.