main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Awwwww...how sweet! I absolutely LOVE father/daughter scenes with Leia and Ani...there just aren't enough of them out there...

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    That was so heartfelt!!! Sooo sweet! A pity some men aren't like that about their own kids... ;) hehehe should be more like that! Great job!!! :D :D

3. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Awww... how sweet. The Council had better not be mean to Ani! :mad:

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! An amazing and utterly tender post. There is something about a man with a baby...I loved all of it, but this made me a little teary eyed (and I'll admit to NOTHING else)...

"I'll tell you a secret, though. I think you look just like your grandmother, Shmi. You have her eyes. She was a beautiful woman, too. Oh, Leia, I wish you and your brother could have known her. She would have loved being a grandmother. She would have baked you lots of gooey sweets. My favorite was dweezel, and nobody made it better than my mom."

Wonderful job, I simply can't wait for more!

5. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Oh, Gina, this is so wonderful! I love it, and I'm so glad you're writing a longer story-there's more to enjoy, you know.

Loved all the interactions among the Skywalker family, especially all the baby bantha talk, and Anakin's memories of Shmi are always heartbreaking.

I'm curious to see how the Council is going to handle this one. I imagine they're feeling very much in a Catch-22 situation. They're very upset that Anakin is flouting their rules and traditions, and I think they'd be afraid that if they make an exception for him, lots of other Knights and padawans are going to follow his example.

But he is the Chosen One, and they don't want him running around the galaxy as a loose cannon. We all know that if Anakin falls, he'll make Dooku look like nothing worse than a naughty schoolboy.

Can't wait to see where you're going with this!

Kristeh

6. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    So sweet! It breaks my heart it couldn't have happened this way!

But I think your characterizations in that event are very good. :) Adn I loved the part about Shmi and Padme overhearing.

Can't wait for more!!!

7. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Jedikma

Thank you! :D

Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Thanks! :)

I absolutely LOVE father/daughter scenes with Leia and Ani...there just aren't enough of them out there...

I agree! ;)

Kynstar

Thank you very much! :D

mixza

Thank you! :)

The Council had better not be mean to Ani!

We'll see... ;)

VaderLVR64

Teary-eyed?!? Wow, thanks! I'll take that as quite a compliment. [face_blush]

There is something about a man with a baby

*sigh* I know! :p

kristeh

I'm so glad you're writing a longer story-there's more to enjoy, you know.

Thanks, kristeh! That's so sweet. [face_blush]

I'm curious to see how the Council is going to handle this one. I imagine they're feeling very much in a Catch-22 situation.

That is exactly their dilema. ;)

RebelScum77

It breaks my heart it couldn't have happened this way!

I know!! :_|

But I think your characterizations in that event are very good.

Thank you so much! :D

8. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    It looks an interesting story! :)

"Two more Skywalkers. I don't think the galaxy is ready," he chuckled

LMAO , Obi [face_laugh]!

The second chapter was so sweet!!!

Can't wait for more :D

9. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Awwwwwwwww....

I mean ? what else can one say to that? <sniffles> That was so sweet. I loved the little details - The Look Leia gave him when he made that baby bantha crack. Stupid man. 8-} And Carrie Fisher does look more like Shmi than Padmé.

Cracked up at this: You're very lucky to have Luke - I want you to remember that when you're older and the two of you are fighting over your toys.

I guess my parents didn't say that to me or my sister that when we were babies! [face_laugh]

This line really turned on the taps for me:

"But you never have to worry about missing your father, Leia. I promise you I will always be there for you and Luke - and your mother"

I am begging you - let this one have a happy ending?

(my evil-er twin: it would be more of a jerker if it doesn?t. [face_devil] )

10. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    Wow. Chapter II was excellent, Gina. I agree with most everyone else- Anakin's speech to Leia was beautiful. Anakin's experience growing up as a 'have not' will have a profound effect on Leia and Luke (should he stay around that is...) My parents grew up in a third world country, and that had quite an effect on me growing up...

11. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    You're writing here is wonderful. You swept me away in this scene to Anakin and Leia. You captured Anakin's humor so well in the wake of his impending dread.

Love the Baby Bantha [face_laugh] I can just see Anakin and Leia here and the approaching thunder. Nice imagry here, Gina.

And by the way, what is this impending dread??? Foreshadowing to torture your readers a little.... :D Good job!

12. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Awww that was so lovely! Beautiful interaction between Anakin and his daughter. I hope they don?t get torn apart! ROTFL at his description of Obi-Wan!

13. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
  14. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003

LaYa_

Thank you! :D

I'm glad you are enjoying the story. Thanks for the up! :)

leia_naberrie

Thanks! [face_blush]

I guess my parents didn't say that to me or my sister that when we were babies!

I say it to my boys all the time. It never works, though. :p

Vivid_Scripts

Thank you! :)

Yes, Anakin's experiences growing up will definitely have an impact on him and how he relates to his family.

tangled_sphere

You swept me away in this scene to Anakin and Leia.

Wow. Thank you. [face_blush]

And by the way, what is this impending dread???

Anakin is concerned about Council's decision, which he will be faced with very soon. ;)

Sabe126

Thanks! :)

ROTFL at his description of Obi-Wan!

You know, I am horrible at writing humor, but I am trying to add bits and pieces of it in this story, so it is great to know you liked it.

Again, thanks everyone for reading and for your comments! [face_love]

15. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Note: Tomorrow is going to be hectic, so I decided to post the next chapter today. Also, many thanks to Jazz Skywalker for agreeing to beta read the rest of this story. :)

Absolution

Chapter 3
    Return to Coruscant

The turbolift moved swiftly along the side of the building, carrying its passengers to the upper floors of the senatorial apartment complex. Inside the turbolift, Anakin Skywalker turned to glance at his wife, who was staring somewhat anxiously at the doors in front of them. As he looked down at the infant carriage hovering just above the floor of the turbolift, he noticed that Padmé's hands were gripping its handle a little too tightly, causing her knuckles to whiten.

"Nervous?" he asked as he reached out to cover her small hand with his own.

Padmé tried to respond, but all she could manage was a nod.

"Don't worry. I'm sure you're not the first senator in history to secretly marry a Jedi, have his children and then return to the Senate amid scandal," Anakin said matter-of-factly.

Padmé looked at her husband incredulously, her mouth hanging open in shock. Then, as she noticed Anakin struggling to disguise a smirk, she burst into a fit of laughter and was quickly joined by her husband. Soon, both Skywalkers were doubled over, clutching their aching sides and did not notice when the turbolift doors opened.

"Ahem." They heard a woman clear her throat awkwardly.

Both Padmé and Anakin looked up to see Dormé standing in the small corridor, her eyes wide with surprise.

Padmé rushed to her longtime friend.

"It's so good to see you. I've missed you, Dormé."

"I've missed you too, Milady. It has been much too quiet here without you."

As the women embraced, Anakin stepped from the turbolift, pushing the carriage in front of him. Soon, he heard a familiar voice calling to them.

"Ani, Senator, mesa so glad to see you," Jar Jar exclaimed as he bounded up to Anakin.

Then, he noticed the carriage.

"Oh, thesa babies. Mesa so excited to see them," he said as he bent down and lowered his head to get a better view of the infants.

"Arrgghh," he squealed as Luke promptly grabbed one of the gungan's floppy ears and began to tug at it.

Anakin had to suppress yet another fit of laughter.

"No, Luke, that isn't polite," the young father gently scolded as he reached down to help a very distressed Jar-Jar. As Anakin freed him from his son's grasp, the gungan lost his balance and fell backwards onto the floor.

At least some things never change, Anakin thought happily as he helped his friend to his feet.

After the greetings were complete, everyone moved into the apartment. Dormé put the children down for their nap as Anakin and Padmé unpacked their belongings. Then, happy for any excuse not to discuss politics, Anakin escaped to the Jedi Temple for a session of saber practice as Jar Jar briefed Padmé about the taxation issue on which she would soon be voting.

Anakin returned to the apartment a few standard hours later with Obi-Wan in tow. Padmé greeted the Jedi Master with a warm hug, which he gladly returned.

"Milady, you look absolutely radiant. No one would ever guess you are now subsisting on only three standard hours of sleep a night," he teased.

Padmé looked at Obi-Wan skeptically.

"I didn't think Jedi were encouraged to lie, Obi-Wan, but I thank you for your compliment," she said.

"If you both will excuse me, I would like another shower before dinner," Anakin interrupted. "Malka was my sparring partner, and he refused to end the session until we practiced every maneuver known to the Order ? twice."

"Is that what I smell? I thought a gundark had gotten aboard the turbolift." Obi-Wan couldn't resist taking a jab at his apprentice. "Go and change, Anakin. I will be more than happy to keep your wife company."

As Anakin left for the 'fresher, Padmé led Obi-Wan to the living area.

"I hope you don't mind my dropping by unannounced, milady. I finished my dut

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "I hope Anakin is not too distressed about his upcoming hearing with the Council," Obi-Wan said off-handedly as he reached for one of the brightly wrapped sweets nestled in a small bowl on a side table. "Whenever he voluntarily endures a long sparring session, it usually means he is worried about something. He finds the saber practice a soothing distraction."

Padmé looked at Obi-Wan quizzically. "Anakin has a meeting with the Jedi Council?"

Busted! SO busted! Loved the post, and Luke yanking on those big Gungan ears was hilarious! But to repeat..BUSTED!

17. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Yeah! Early post! :)

Men always think they can keep things from their wives and they always get busted! Hope Anakin learns from this. ;)

Can't wait for the next post ~ Jedikma :)

18. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Oh, Anakin...he is so, SO BUSTED!

19. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Excelent post! :)

Busted! [face_mischief]

Oh and I loved the part when Luke was yanking on Jar Jar ears! :p

20. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    The little details you add Gina, just bring these characters to life for me!!! :D JarJar is so hard to write. Loved the ear grab! <evil grin> The humor that you intersperse is so in spirit with Star Wars!

**sings "Anakin's Busted!"** ;)

21. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Uh Oh! I know everyone else has said this already, but... BUSTED!!!

So... does this mean Ani has to spend another night on the couch? ;)

22. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Chapter 2.
    Enjoyed Leia already having ?the look? down pat.
    Very much enjoyed Anakins little talk to her.

Chapter 3.
    Good for Luke, if Gungan ears weren?t meant for tugging then they wouldn?t dangle so enticingly.
    Technically speaking Anakin didn?t lie to Padme, he never said that he didn?t have a meeting with the Jedi Council he ?just? didn?t say that he had. Obviously that would cut no ice with Padme though.

23. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *Snrk* the ear grabbing bit was funny! Poor Anakin...typical of most marriages. Whether it's the woman or the man...somebody usually doesn't tell the other something and a friend ends up spoiling it/spilling the beans.

Guess there's a bit of *miffing* going on right now! Can't wait to see how Ani talks himself out of that one. Poor Obi-Wan...caught in the middle.

Great postie!

24. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Oops. Obi-Wan spoke too soon. What will happen next?

25. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm sure you're not the first senator in history to secretly marry a Jedi, have his children and then return to the Senate amid scandal - Padme has nothing to worry about! Poor Jar Jar. I don't think that he will get so close to Luke again! If Anakin has hidden his meeting with the Council from Padme then it must be very serious. At least they will have Obi-Wan on their side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.