main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clone_storm_trooper

clone_storm_trooper Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2004
    Aaaargh - a cliff hanger!!!!!!!

Who could it be? I'm hoping it's Palpy - I would love to see Anakin get the opportunity to bring balance to the force

Keep up the awesome writing - can't wait for the next chapter

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh this was so sad :_| poor Anakin! He now feels so bad cuz he allowed himself to be blinded by Palps :(

Great job!! Can't wait for more!

3. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    *starts bounces on thread walls*

GOING CRAZY!!!!!!1

Please let those thoughts be Anakin still be refusing the Dark Side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    AH! YOU STOPPED THERE!!!!!!!!!!

I bet its Palpy, though I kinda hope is Obi-Wan.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    You can't leave me hanging there! Do you accept bribes? Cookies? I make great cookies!

So glad that Anakin sees the truth now, but I can only hope it is not too late!

Argh! Evil cliffie!

Hurry, post the second half soon. Like now...

6. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    :eek: Dude, Gina... this is excellent. An evil cliffy, but excellent. =D=

[face_thinking] I wonder where the Naberrie family disappeared to? o_O Did Padmé come and pick them up or has the evil corpse gotten them.

And who could Anakin's visitor could be? [face_thinking]

7. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    ARGHHH! I'm going to go crazy Gina! 8-} WHO IS IT? WHO IS IT? ;) I can't wait! :D

8. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Wow, that was good. =D=

I love the suspense of the cliffhanger. Looking forward to more.

9. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    What am supposed to say to that?! How could you end it just like that?

Who's there? And why is Anakin drawing this lightsabre? Surely it isn't Palpatine? Ah! *Kazzy twitches*

So where did Padme go? Is she there?

10. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    What?? Surely you meant to post more! LTM will sit here on this thread until more is forthcoming.

A great chapter, but still, you could have posted the rest of it! :p

11. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Now that cliff is so darn evil, it's Sithly!

:mad:

That's just wrong, so wrong, to do to your readers! I lodge a formal protest.

Okay, can I have more now?

12. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    What? Chani turns the thread over, hoping she missed an arrow indicating there is more on the back. What? The stupid keyboard makes a funny sound. That can't be good.

Please post the second part soon.

My computer can't take much more of this.

13. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Phew! I hope you are going to continue this soon! I have to know who has turned up at the Lake Retreat! At least Anakin has realised his mistakes and hopefully it will not be too late to correct them!

14. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Jedikma

Ooohhhh!!! Who could it be?

The possibilities are endless. [face_mischief]

Intense chapter so far! Can't wait for the rest of it.

Thank you! :) I will be posting the second half soon!

BrownEyes_Blue

The suspense is killing me here.

I'll take that as quite a compliment. ;)

Thanks! :D

clone_storm_trooper

Who could it be? I'm hoping it's Palpy - I would love to see Anakin get the opportunity to bring balance to the force

Well, regardless of who the visitor is, rest assured we haven't seen the last of Palpy.

Keep up the awesome writing

[face_blush] That's very kind, and I thank you!

Kynstar

Oh this was so sad poor Anakin! He now feels so bad cuz he allowed himself to be blinded by Palps

You're right. The problem is, too much self-loathing can be destructive. And he needs to keep it together for his own sake and for the sake of those he loves.

Thanks, Kynstar. :D

JediStarMoonstruck

*starts bounces on thread walls*

GOING CRAZY!!!!!!1

Sorry about the cliffie. ;) But, the next chapter will be coming soon.

Thanks for reading! :)

Koori

AH! YOU STOPPED THERE!!!!!!!!!!

I bet its Palpy, though I kinda hope is Obi-Wan.

Yes, it seemed like the best place to break the chapter. [face_devil] LOL

As for the identity of Anakin's mystery guest, you'll see very soon.

Thanks so much! :)

VaderLVR64

You can't leave me hanging there! Do you accept bribes? Cookies? I make great cookies!

Hmmm?would they be white chocolate macadamia nut? I LOOOVE those! They make me reveal all sorts of story secrets? :p LOL

Thanks, VL! :D

CommanderK23

Dude, Gina... this is excellent. An evil cliffy, but excellent.

Thank you! [face_blush]

I wonder where the Naberrie family disappeared to? Did Padmé come and pick them up or has the evil corpse gotten them.

And who could Anakin's visitor could be?

All will be revealed soon. ;)

Thanks for reading!

tangled_sphere

ARGHHH! I'm going to go crazy Gina! WHO IS IT? WHO IS IT? I can't wait!

[face_whistling] [face_whistling] LOL! Soon, I promise.

Thanks for your review. :D

JediMaster_Jen

Wow, that was good.

I love the suspense of the cliffhanger. Looking forward to more.

Thanks! Glad you liked the cliffie, and more is on the way soon. :)

Kazzy

What am supposed to say to that?! How could you end it just like that?

Sorry. :D

Who's there? And why is Anakin drawing this lightsabre? Surely it isn't Palpatine? Ah! *Kazzy twitches*

So where did Padme go? Is she there?

All good questions, and they will be answered (for the most part) in the second half of the chapter. ;)

Thanks, Kazzy! :)

LukesTheMan

What?? Surely you meant to post more!

I'm getting the feeling you guys didn't enjoy the cliffhanger. :p LOL

Glad you liked the chapter, and next part is coming soon! :D

BrokenNoseofQui-Gon

Now that cliff is so darn evil, it's Sithly!

I'll take that as quite a compliment. [face_devil]

That's just wrong, so wrong, to do to your readers! I lodge a formal protest.

Okay, okay. I promise. No more cliffhangers. *fingers crossed behind her back* :p

Okay, can I have more now?

LOL! Soon! Thanks for reading! :)

Jedi-Chani

What? Chani turns the thread over, hoping she missed an arrow indicating there is more on the back. What? The stupid keyboard makes a funny sound. That can't be good.

Please post the second part soon.

My computer can't take much more of this.

LOL! Thanks, Jedi_Chani. The next half will be posted soon. :D

Sabe126

Phew! I hope you are going to continue this soon! I have to know who has turned up at the Lake Retreat! At least Anakin has realised his mistakes and hopefully it will not be too late to correct them!

Anakin has realized his mistakes, but is it too late? We'll see. ;)

Than

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Here's a big plate of gooey, chocolaty cyberbrownies to make peace for the cliffie.

Oi! *Daintly takes one and gobbles it down* Thanks!! I've been soooo caving brownies lately! :D

16. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Define soon. Soon as in later today or soon as in sometime within the next week? :) Cause I'm not sure I could survive the latter.

Thanks for the brownies!

17. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    Hooked and totally caught up!!!

Who is waiting outside for Ani?

When will men learn to listen to their wive's intuitinon?

But wait...if Bail is dead...who is going to raise Leia?

Love AU!

The Senator

18. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Techincally I'm supposed to be studying, but...

The chapter will be going back to Gina very soon (hopefully and most likely tomorrow night), I promise. It's on my desktop at the moment!

Oh, and wonderful emotion in the Lake Retreat, Gina! It was one of my favorite parts.

jazz

19. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Kynstar

Thanks!! I've been soooo caving brownies lately!

You're welcome! :D

Koori

Define soon. Soon as in later today or soon as in sometime within the next week? Cause I'm not sure I could survive the latter.

I will probably have it up before the weekend is over or early next week. Thanks again. :D

pregnantpadme

Hooked and totally caught up!!!

Hi! Welcome to the story. Glad you are enjoying it. :D

When will men learn to listen to their wive's intuitinon?

*sigh* I know. They can be sooo stubborn. :p

Love AU!

So do I! It's so much fun to explore how things "could" have been.

Thanks for reading. :)

Jazz_Skywalker

What are you doing here?!? *Gina pushes jazz out of thread and back to the books* You have tests tomorrow. Go study!! :p

Seriously, though, thanks for everything jazz, you're an amazing, and patient, beta reader. :D

20. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    (for the most part)

What's that supposed to mean? [face_plain] I'm worried now.

21. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    A CLIFFIE!!! :eek:

I want to know who the visitor is!!!

Anyway, great chapter ;)

22. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003

Thanks so much to everyone who voted for this story in the Canon Interpretation, Female Category in the Winter Saga Awards. [face_love]

I'm truly grateful to everyone for reading. :)

Kazzy

Don't be worried. ;)

LaYa_

I want to know who the visitor is!!!

Coming right up! :D

Thanks as always to my beta, jazz, for putting up with me. :D

Chapter 31, Part 2
    Descent

"Where is she?" Anakin asked the intruder angrily as he leapt down the stone steps and onto the terrace, lightsaber in hand, his finger hovering dangerously close to the button that would ignite its deadly blade.

"Anakin, please, I don't wish to harm you ?" Obi-Wan said quietly as he held his hands before him as though approaching a nervous shaak.

"You knew," Anakin growled through clenched teeth. "You were a part of this. Where is my wife? Where have you taken her?"

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan raised his voice in an effort to calm his friend. It was the same authoritative tone that had so irritated Anakin when he was Obi-Wan's Padawan, but it achieved the desired results as the young man grew quiet.

"I assure you, Anakin, that I had no prior knowledge of Padmé's actions," the Jedi Master began calmly. "When you left your apartment, Dormé contacted your wife, a risk she was only supposed to take under the most dire of circumstances. Dormé then came to me at the Jedi Temple. She explained to me the plans Padmé and the others have set into motion. When Dormé told me you had discovered Padmé's location, I knew your search would eventually lead you here."

"Did Dormé also tell you why her mistress fled from her own husband, why she took my own children away from me?" Anakin spat, his hurt and anger once again bubbling to the surface. "Did she tell you what I have become, what he has caused me to become? I have betrayed her, Obi-Wan," he whispered. "I have betrayed the Republic. I just?couldn't lose them the way I lost her, but now I have failed them all."

Obi-Wan shook his head firmly. "No, Anakin. You did not fail your mother, and you have not failed your family. Padmé is not fleeing from you. She loves you, Anakin, but there was no other way. She knew her plans would place her life in jeopardy, and she wanted the children safely out of the Chancellor's reach."

"Then why didn't she tell me?" Anakin asked angrily.

Obi-Wan looked at his friend uncomfortably.

Anakin felt his body grow numb. "Then I have lost her," he said slowly, his voice strangely detached. "She doesn't trust me anymore, not even with the safety of my son and daughter."

"Anakin, you wouldn't have listened," Obi-Wan said matter-of-factly. "You refused to believe that the Chancellor would ever act in a manner that would harm the Republic. If she had told you?" His voice trailed off, unwilling to voice such an accusation.

The hurt and betrayal in the young man's eyes was devastating. "They are my children. She is my wife. I would lay down my own life for theirs." Anakin's voice began to crack as he fought back his tears.

Obi-Wan stared at Anakin. "I know," he whispered reassuringly.

"Please tell me where they are," Anakin pleaded.

Obi-Wan hesitated for a moment but seeing the pain in his friend's eyes, finally relented. "They are no longer on Naboo. By coming here, you placed them in danger of being discovered. Luke and Leia are in the care of the Naberries and have been taken safely off-planet. Of their exact destination, I do not know."

"The Naberries?" Anakin's brow furrowed in confusion. "I don't understand. Where is Padmé?"

"Anakin, I have already explained to you that it was never Padmé's intent to flee from you. ? nor to abandon her duties to her people. She and the others senators involved are proceeding with their plans, and Padmé has already begun her return journey to Coruscant. I wanted to stay with her until she was safely aboard her transport vessel, but she insisted that I find you."

"No! You don't

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Anakin! :( He thinks her dead and then finds that she isn't there! :eek:

I really felt for Obi here...having to tell Anakin that. Well hopefully soon enough Anakin will tell Obi what the Chancey is.

Ohhhh how manipulative is Palps!! He has his ticket to Anakin now...oh yeah! [face_devil] hehehehehe

Oh wait 8-} I shouldn't be encouraging the vile beast! Guess hanging around with the Count is wearing off on me! ;) hehehehe

EXCELLENT job!!! (edit: And even though I've said it already I'll say it again - Congrats on you awards! :D)

24. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Yay; I've finally managed to catch up with this story. I'm so glad Ani's not on Palpy's side anymore; hope he reaches Padme in time!

25. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    *stops bouncing around the thread. starts preparing for rescue mission*

Not taking Padme without a fight! :mad:

Great! Anakin's with Obi-Wan. Now, Anakin, stay calm. I know this is a forigan concept, but you must learn it or you're become a Sith! :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.