main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    :eek:

Palpy, you stay away from her!

Wonderful addition. I'm so glad the visitor was Obi, though I could have lived without the sudden fear that Padme was dead. You're writing is amazing.

Now where are the Naberries? And how long is it going to take Ani and Obi to rescue Padme? I anxiously await these answers.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! I don't even know what to say! :eek:

What a chapter!

Anakin has finally come to his senses but now Padme is in the clutches of creepy old Palpy! And she's pregnant! Yikes!

Great chapter, but not good for my heart!

3. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Uh oh. Not looking good. Hurry up Ani and Obi-Wan!! More, more, more soon :) This is getting really great!

4. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh thank you for ending that cliffie and giving us another one! [face_devil] I'm beginning to think you are EVIL Gina! ;) I loved it! I hope Obi-Wan can help Anakin through this, he is going to need it.

Played your part to perfection... Just gives me SHIVERS! :D

P.S. Congrats on your awards, Gina! :D

5. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Palpatine!!! :mad:

I'm glad Obi-Wan is with Anakin. I think he may be able to keep him focused as they try to find Padme and confront Palpatine. I have a feeling that Palpatine is going to use Padme as leverage and he is going to certainly let Anakin know about the unborn baby, which gives him even more leverage. :mad:

Great chapter! The confrontation/showdown can't be far away now. :D

And Congratulations on your awards--all well deserved! =D=

6. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Oh, this doesn't look good. I'm glad Obi-Wan was there.

7. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    "Then why didn't she tell me?" Anakin asked angrily.

Obi-Wan looked at his friend uncomfortably.

Anakin felt his body grow numb. "Then I have lost her," he said slowly, his voice strangely detached. "She doesn't trust me anymore, not even with the safety of my son and daughter."

"Anakin, you wouldn't have listened," Obi-Wan said matter-of-factly. "You refused to believe that the Chancellor would ever act in a manner that would harm the Republic. If she had told you?" His voice trailed off, unwilling to voice such an accusation.

I felt sorry for both men here. Obi-Wan has to say essentially "I told you so," without actually saying it. And Anakin has to acknowledge some hard truths.

:_|

I'm worried about Padme!

8. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Well it can't be good that Padme is in the hands of the evil old Palpy! Now can it?

I'm glad Anakin sees the light, but will it be too late to have a happy ending?

Obi-Wan is there for him, steadfast as always. That i good news, but there's a lot of bad news, too! [face_worried]

9. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    I'll trade you one pregnant padme (huh, huh, I did't catch that myself until I wrote it!)for a life of service to the darkside!!!!

Will Anakin sell his soul to Palpatine for his wife's safety? The possibilities of where this is going and how it will all get back to canon are endless!

10. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    Poor Anakin. :(

But who I'm really worried about at the moment is Padmé. [face_worried] I don't like the thoughts of the corpse having her.

Great post and congrats on the awards =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

11. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Seriously, though, thanks for everything jazz, you're an amazing, and patient, beta reader.

You're so hard to beta for, Gina! ;)

I love doing your stuff, so you're welcome!

jazz

P.S. Once again, lovely chapter. I can't wait to read what happens next!

12. Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi

Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2005
    I absolutley hate palpatine. He is such a slimy evildoer. Any villain can learn something from him and I dont mean that as a compliment.

13. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Kynstar

Ohhhh how manipulative is Palps!! He has his ticket to Anakin now...oh yeah!

He is most definitely in the driver's seat! ;)

And even though I've said it already I'll say it again - Congrats on you awards!

Thanks, Kynstar. [face_blush] And congrats again to you as well! :D

mixza

Hi there!

I'm so glad Ani's not on Palpy's side anymore; hope he reaches Padme in time!

Don't worry. Anakin is not going to let Palpy get away with trying to destroy his life and his family ? at least not without a fight. ;)

Thanks for your review! :D

JediStarMoonstruck

*stops bouncing around the thread. starts preparing for rescue mission*

LOL! They could most certainly use the help!

Now, Anakin, stay calm. I know this is a forigan concept, but you must learn it or you're become a Sith!

Anakin has grown a lot in this story (at least I hope :p), but he is still a character very much driven by emotion. When it comes to those he loves, he still finds it hard to be calm and rational.

Thanks for reading! :)

Koori

I'm so glad the visitor was Obi, though I could have lived without the sudden fear that Padme was dead.

Sorry about that. It just had to be done. :p

Now where are the Naberries? And how long is it going to take Ani and Obi to rescue Padme? I anxiously await these answers.

Ah, remember, patience is a virtue! ;)

You're writing is amazing.

Thank you very much! I appreciate that. [face_blush]

VaderLVR64

Anakin has finally come to his senses but now Padme is in the clutches of creepy old Palpy! And she's pregnant! Yikes!

[face_devil] [face_devil] You knew Palpy would never give up that easily.

Great chapter, but not good for my heart!

Uh-oh! Does that mean I need to rethink that cliffie in the next chapter?

Thanks, K! :D

JediMasterRev

Hi! Welcome to the story! :)

Uh oh. Not looking good. Hurry up Ani and Obi-Wan!!

No, it is most definitely not looking good. [face_devil]

More, more, more soon This is getting really great!

Thanks! I should have the next chapter up soon. :D

tangled_sphere

Oh thank you for ending that cliffie and giving us another one!

Hey, consider yourself lucky! I almost ended it before it is revealed that Padmé isn't really dead. :p LOL

I'm beginning to think you are EVIL Gina!

Who?!? Me?!? O:)

Congrats on your awards, Gina!

Thank you! [face_blush]

Jedikma

I'm glad Obi-Wan is with Anakin. I think he may be able to keep him focused as they try to find Padme and confront Palpatine.

Obi-Wan will definitely try to keep him from doing something rash and foolish. Now, whether or not he will be successful in that endeavor?

I have a feeling that Palpatine is going to use Padme as leverage and he is going to certainly let Anakin know about the unborn baby, which gives him even more leverage.

Shhh!! [face_shhh] LOL!

Great chapter! The confrontation/showdown can't be far away now.

No, it's not. We are indeed nearing the end of the story.

And Congratulations on your awards--all well deserved!

Thank you! That's so kind. [face_blush]

Master_Noi

Oh, this doesn't look good. I'm glad Obi-Wan was there.

Padmé knew what she was doing when she made sure that Obi-Wan would be there for Anakin. ;)

Thanks for your review! :D

AnakinsHeir

I felt sorry for both men here. Obi-Wan has to say essentially "I told you so," without actually saying it. And Anakin has to acknowledge some hard truths.

Exactly!

I'm worried about Padme!

Why be worried? She's in very good hands. [face_devil]

Thanks for reading! :)

LukesTheMan

Well it can't be good that Padme is in the hands of the evil old Palpy! Now can it?

Nope! ;)

I'm glad Anakin sees the light, but will it be too late to have a happy ending?

I don't know?me writing a happy ending?hmmm? That's asking quite a lot. LOL! :p

[i

14. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan, Palpatine is a -" - Did Anakin actually get to tell Obi-Wan the truth? Bravo! Another brilliant chapter!!! :)

15. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    I have said this before but I do hate Palpatine! :mad:

You, Palpy, stay away from Padmé!!! :mad:

Oh my... oh my... *shakes head* *sighs* :(

16. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Sabe126

Did Anakin actually get to tell Obi-Wan the truth?

He didn't, but he will. ;)

Bravo! Another brilliant chapter!!!

Thanks! :D

LaYa_

I have said this before but I do hate Palpatine!

So do I!

Thanks, LaYa_! :)

17. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003

Many thanks to my beta, jazz.

Chapter 32
    The Pursuit

"We're wasting time," Anakin Skywalker said as he paced impatiently beside the mangled wreckage of his wife's ship.

"Anakin, we must determine who attacked Padmé's ship," Obi-Wan admonished as he circled the charred craft, searching for any telltale clues.

"I'm not going to stand here while you conduct a formal investigation. I'm going to find my wife." Anakin whirled around and bolted for the speeder.

"Anakin," Obi-Wan's stern voice halted the young man. "I understand your urgency, but you must put aside your personal feelings and clear your mind if we are to have any hope of finding Padmé."

Anakin's recklessness had gotten the young man into trouble more times than Obi-Wan cared to remember, and he knew that he had to get his former Padawan to think rationally. Obi-Wan watched with relief as Anakin finally turned around to face him, his jaw clenched tightly as he took a deep breath, as if trying to calm himself.

"If Padmé were in the forest, injured, we would have felt her presence," Obi-Wan began again, his voice now much gentler. "If her attackers had wanted to kill her, they would have left her here to die. She was taken from this ship for a reason, Anakin. She's safe for now, but if we are going to find her, we have to find out who took her and why."

Anakin closed the gap separating him from his former Master in two strides, his face a mask of both fear and fury. "I know who's responsible," he hissed through clenched teeth, "and it's me he wants, not Padmé."

"I don?t understand." Padmé said, her head throbbing, both from the crash and from confusion at her current situation. She lowered her head into her hands, and as she began to massage her temples, her eyes roved the room, searching for a possible weapon. Padmé felt a small glimmer of hope when she noticed a tray of medical instruments resting on a table near her.

"Do you really think your meteoric rise through the political system of Naboo was entirely of your own accord?" Palpatine inquired smugly. "My dear, while you may not have realized my presence, I have nurtured you and guided your career since you were a mere child."

Padmé looked up at the Chancellor, unwilling to believe what she was hearing. "The Young Legislator?s Program?" she asked at last as she leaned against the metal bed behind her and moved to her left, toward the table.

"You do remember. I was leading the mock senate, and I must say, you ran an impressive campaign, my dear. I was quite impressed. Yet, you were so young, so impressionable." Palpatine looked at his ward with something akin to pity. "Your political ambitions have always been admirable, my dear, but you have the unfortunate habit of placing too much value on the opinions of your mentors and advisors. I knew you would be the perfect choice.?

"The perfect choice for what?" Padmé asked in confusion.

Palpatine laughed, a spine-chilling sound. "To be my puppet, of course," he replied.

Padmé felt a knot begin to form in her stomach as the implications of his words set in.

"The blockade?" she began, but she could not believe it.

"Yes, the blockade was the beginning. Your stirring words in front of the Senate helped ensure my victory. I would have control of the Senate, and Viceroy Gunray would have control of Naboo. Unfortunately, young Skywalker and your Jedi protectors altered the plan somewhat, but a good leader must be able to improvise. The Viceroy was not pleased with the outcome, I?m afraid, but he was no longer in a position to make demands. The Jedi cost me my apprentice, but perhaps I should be grateful. After all, without their interference, I would not have discovered the Chosen One.?

Padmé felt her heart pounding ever faster in her chest as she listened with horror to his revelations. She continued to slowly make her way closer to the table.

"I thought it would take many years to poison young Skywalker against the Jedi," Palpatine continued. "Then,

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, it's my turn to bang my head against the keyboard! ARGH! Evil, evil cliffie! Another son of Skywalker, huh? [:D] Hope the little one will be okay!

"Do you really think your meteoric rise through the political system of Naboo was entirely of your own accord?" Palpatine inquired smugly. "My dear, while you may not have realized my presence, I have nurtured you and guided your career since you were a mere child."

Padmé looked up at the Chancellor, unwilling to believe what she was hearing. "The Young Legislator?s Program?" she asked at last as she leaned against the metal bed behind her and moved to her left, toward the table.

"You do remember. I was leading the mock senate, and I must say, you ran an impressive campaign, my dear. I was quite impressed. Yet, you were so young, so impressionable." Palpatine looked at his ward with something akin to pity. "Your political ambitions have always been admirable, my dear, but you have the unfortunate habit of placing too much value on the opinions of your mentors and advisors. I knew you would be the perfect choice.?

"The perfect choice for what?" Padmé asked in confusion.

Palpatine laughed, a spine-chilling sound. "To be my puppet, of course," he replied.

Palpatine is just one cold Sith, isn't he? Loved how Obi-Wan brought Anakin to heel, so to speak. They need one cool head among them! [face_laugh]

Another thoroughly satisfying chapter, except for the evil cliffie that is!

19. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Anakin. CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr stay away from the Skywalkers you walking corpse!!!!!!!! I'll make you a real corpse. :mad: *starts whacking*

20. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Hmm, i only started reading Chapter 32 and I have to say this Fic is pretty good!

Now to start reading the last 31 chapters :p

21. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    *shivers*

That was truely creepy!!!

Eeewww Palpatine had his hands on Padme feeling for the baby. It's time he goes down!!! :mad:

As for Palpatine being the one that may have put her in office as Queen---I've considered that myself. As young as she was, he may have thought she might be easy to manipulate, but she surprised him when she led the attack against the Federation on Naboo. :)

Wonderful chapter!!! :)

Please don't wait too long to make the next post. :D

22. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :mad: :mad: @ Palpatine.

That's all I've to say about him.

On the other hand, I hope Padmé and the little Skywalker will be fine!

Great chapter! ;)

23. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    A very nice chapter!

I am glad Obi-Wan is there for Anakin. Evil Palpatine better not hurt her, but I suppose she's safe because he doesn't want to hurt the baby.

I wonder what's happening on Coruscant. And where is Riane?

24. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    That's a bad Palpy. I think you've managed to make him even creepier than he is in the movies. Anakin and Obi-Wan definitely need to hurry. Both Mom and twins are in serious need of a Jedi rescue!

25. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Wow! Great stuff in this chapter! It's a boy! Hooray! Now, you just need to get Pamde out of Palpatine's gnarly old hands! Work on that, will ya?

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.