main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh my gosh Gina! That was completely CREEPY [face_devil] That was fascinating to hear how deeply Palpatine has manipulated everyone, you can even feel Padme's shock when he tells her.

And the little son of Skywalker [face_love] I hope Palpy's words never come true. But I have a feeling that Palpatine is going to have a difficult time with the Chosen One! [face_devil]

I can't wait for more! (And you ARE evil!) ;) [face_love]

2. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Sorry I missed the chapter! :eek:

Poor Anakin, it just gets worse doesn't it? At least Padme isn't dead. But I can't really say that her current situation is all that much better. palpatine is very evil. Of course, he thinks he has everyone rigth where he wants them, which shows his arogance, but may just leave and opening.

Incidentally, I'm glad it was Obi-Wan and not Palpatine who Anakin ran into, or walked in on Anakin. Probably best though if continues to keep quiet on the topic od Padme being pregnant again.

Great posts. :)

3. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Bravo! :) You have surpassed yourself yet again! Palpatine's revelations were so chilling and poor Padme, there wasn't anything she could have done. If he hadn't used her it would have been someone else.

Hurry Obi and Ani!

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oi vey!!! That was so swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt! =D= Ahhh Palps! Your the bomb! [face_love] hehehehe juz don't get to arrogant like your former apprentice was with Paddy Obi!

Great chapter! This was awesome! I so can believe that Palps would have done all that :D yep sure can! And Padme... poor thing. Well she tried, but she doesn't know the warning 'system' that the Force provides. He wasn't fooled by her attempt. Indeed, I state the obvious 'Foolish girl'. But she had to try... poor thing.

Well Anakin you best pull ya emotions back and work with Obi-Wan. Tell the man you silly twit *snrk* so Obi can assist you in finding Padme!

Great job!!! :D :D

5. Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi

Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2005
    Geez,the only thing I hate hate more than a monstrous evildoer is the intelligent, elegant, evildoer. They drive one nuts.

6. CapNJaxWench

CapNJaxWench Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    I have to agree that your Palpatine is a very elegant villian! That is the perfect description for him! Wish I had come up with that one myself!

7. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    VaderLVR64

Okay, it's my turn to bang my head against the keyboard! ARGH! Evil, evil cliffie!

Ha! Now we're even. :p

Palpatine is just one cold Sith, isn't he?

He most certainly is!

Loved how Obi-Wan brought Anakin to heel, so to speak. They need one cool head among them!

Anakin is quite understandably upset, so someone definitely has to keep a level head at the moment.

Thanks for reading, K! :D

JediStarMoonstruck

Anakin. CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what Obi-Wan is there for. ;)

Unfortunately, Palpy has no intention of backing down now. He has the Chosen One exactly where he wants him. :(

Thanks for your review! :)

The_Mandalorian_

Hmm, i only started reading Chapter 32 and I have to say this Fic is pretty good!

Thanks! And welcome to the story.

Glad you are enjoying it! :D

Jedikma

*shivers*

That was truely creepy!!!

Thanks! I really struggled with this chapter. I didn't want it to be "too much", but I wanted it to be creepy and evil, because, let's face it, that's just who Palpy is.

As for Palpatine being the one that may have put her in office as Queen---I've considered that myself. As young as she was, he may have thought she might be easy to manipulate, but she surprised him when she led the attack against the Federation on Naboo.

When I watched TPM, I kept thinking that he is a master manipulator, putting the idea in her head for the vote, etc? Since it's AU, I thought, what if he had "pulled strings" along the way, so to speak. But, yes, Padmé most definitely surprised him. She is one spunky lady and doesn't give in without a fight. ;)

Thanks so much for reading! :D

LaYa_

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! @ Palpatine.

That's all I've to say about him.

That sums it up perfectly. ;)

Glad you liked the chapter. Thanks for your review! :)

Master_Noi

Evil Palpatine better not hurt her, but I suppose she's safe because he doesn't want to hurt the baby.

You're right. She and the baby are safe for one reason ? Palpy needs them to get to Anakin.

As for Ríane, he is at the Temple and in safe hands.

Thank you so much for reading! :D

JediMasterRev

That's a bad Palpy. I think you've managed to make him even creepier than he is in the movies.

Thanks! Like I mentioned to Jedikma, I didn't want it to be over the top, but it just seemed like something he would do.

Anakin and Obi-Wan definitely need to hurry.

They're on their way!

Thanks for your review. I really appreciate it! :)

AnakinsHeir

Wow! Great stuff in this chapter!

Thank you! [face_blush]

It's a boy! Hooray! Now, you just need to get Pamde out of Palpatine's gnarly old hands! Work on that, will ya?

I don't know. Palpy is a pretty persistant guy. I'll see what I can do, though. :p

Thanks, AnakinsHeir! :D

tangled_sphere

Oh my gosh Gina! That was completely CREEPY That was fascinating to hear how deeply Palpatine has manipulated everyone, you can even feel Padme's shock when he tells her.

Thank you! Palpy can be so much fun to write sometimes. [face_devil]

But I have a feeling that Palpatine is going to have a difficult time with the Chosen One!

It will be a difficult time for ALL involved.

I can't wait for more! (And you ARE evil!)

Muwahahaha! [face_devil]

Thanks so much for reading and for your review, tangled_sphere! :D

Kazzy

Poor Anakin, it just gets worse doesn't it? At least Padme isn't dead. But I can't really say that her current situation is all that much better. palpatine is very evil. Of course, he thinks he has everyone rigth where he wants them, which shows his arogance, but may just leave and opening.

Arrogance is the quickest way to a fall, isn't it! ;) But at the moment, he does hold the upper hand.

Probably best though if continues to keep quiet on the topic od Padme being pregnant again.

Interest

8. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    With barely an effort, Palpatine grasped her wrist, the force of his grip causing her to release the scalpel, and the weapon clattered harmlessly to the floor. Then, with a quick wave of his hand, Padmé was pushed backwards, crashing into the instrument table behind her as she fell to the floor. Palpatine loomed over her, shaking his head slightly in disappointment.

"Foolish girl," he spat as he turned and vanished from the room.

Ok, I'm really really really worried about this...

Anakin, hurry up and tell Obi-Wan about you know who!

Excellent post, Gina =D=

9. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    The way you write Palpatine is amazing. My skin crawled when he touched Padme. Anakin and Obi need to get to her, fast. Excellent addition, impatiently awaiting more.

10. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Oh dear... :eek: Save her, Anakin!

11. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    *peeks shamefacedly around the corner*

Hi, Gina,

I've been away for too long again. Sorry I keep getting so behind. [face_blush]

The plus side for me is that I get to enjoy reading several chapters at once, though, and I really loved how Anakin and later Padme came to see Palpatine for what he is.

Poor Anakin! He's had his trust betrayed by the Chancellor, and now his family whom he loves more than anything is missing and in danger. I felt so sorry for him when he was so shaken and when he said that he'd lost Padme because she felt she couldn't trust him anymore. It was like he'd just suddenly realized that there's more than one way to lose someone.

Thankfully, Obi-Wan was able to reassure his friend on that point! But now they have to save Padme and the little Skycrawler. I think I see a big confrontation coming up!

Kristeh

12. wee_jedi

wee_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004

cool story, can't wait for more.

13. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Have I posted a reply to this fic? I can´t remember...
    But still. This story one of my favorite ep 3 AUs. The plot is addicting and you do a wonderful job Gina. Keep writing!
    Marmida

14. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Interesting you should mention that? Why is it that everytime someone says that or something similar, I want to shriek? [face_plain]

15. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    CommanderK23

Ok, I'm really really really worried about this...

You have good reason to be worried? [face_devil]

Thanks for reading! :D

Koori

The way you write Palpatine is amazing.

Thank you! [face_blush] [face_blush] I'll admit that he is fun to write.

Anakin and Obi need to get to her, fast.

They are going to try. ;)

Thanks, Koori! :D

mixza

Oh dear... Save her, Anakin!

They're on their way!

Thanks for your review! :)

kristeh

I've been away for too long again. Sorry I keep getting so behind.

LOL! Don't worry. Believe me, I know what it's like!

I felt so sorry for him when he was so shaken and when he said that he'd lost Padme because she felt she couldn't trust him anymore. It was like he'd just suddenly realized that there's more than one way to lose someone.

It was most definitely a wake-up call for him. But, he has to hold it together if wants to get his family back safely.

I think I see a big confrontation coming up!

You would be correct. ;)

Thanks, kristeh! :D

wee_jedi

Thank you very much! :)

Welcome to the story! :D

Marmida

This story one of my favorite ep 3 AUs. The plot is addicting and you do a wonderful job Gina.

Thank you! [face_blush]

I appreciate your kind words. :D

Kazzy

Why is it that everytime someone says that or something similar, I want to shriek?

LOL! Sorry about that, Kazzy. :)

Only two more chapters and an epilogue left! Thanks again to everyone for reading! [face_love] [face_love]

16. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    Wonderful chapter! I don't get too read as often as I would like, but this is always one of my first stops!

17. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    *races in, skidding to a halt*

What the...how did I miss and update?

Anyway...Just what is stopping Anakan from telling Obi-Whine that Palpy is a Sith?

The son of Skywalker will serve him well?...and his sister...and his brother...is she having a litter? How many are in there?

I do love the conversation where Padme finds out she's been manipulated. I've been wondering for ages if that will come up in Ep III.

18. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003

DreamOfKenobi

Wonderful chapter! I don't get too read as often as I would like, but this is always one of my first stops!

Thank you! [face_blush] That is quite a compliment, and I appreciate it.

Thanks so much for your review, DreamOfKenobi! :D

pregnantpadme

The son of Skywalker will serve him well?...and his sister...and his brother...is she having a litter? How many are in there?

LOL! No, no litter. He's referring to Luke and Leia.

I do love the conversation where Padme finds out she's been manipulated.

Thanks! That was one of the most difficult parts of the chapter to write, so I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading! :D

Here's the next chapter. As always, many thanks to my beta, jazz.

Chapter 33
    The Precipice

"It's just not possible," the Jedi Master mumbled as he stared blankly out the ship's view port. "We would have sensed it."

Earlier, standing amidst the debris at the crash site, Anakin had at last revealed to Obi-Wan that Chancellor Palpatine was a Sith. A shocked Obi-Wan had followed Anakin to the speeder, and the two men had then hurried back to the landing platform where Anakin had abandoned Padmé's ship upon his arrival on Naboo. As Anakin had prepared the ship for departure, Obi-Wan remained silent, contemplating what Anakin had told him, but now, as the ship departed the platform, merging smoothly with the space traffic, he had at last begun to voice his thoughts.

"It's true, Obi-Wan," Anakin assured him darkly as he piloted the starship out of Naboo's atmosphere and into the blanket of space.

"And the Sith that murdered Qui-Gon ?"

"Was his apprentice," Anakin finished grimly.

Obi-Wan shook his head slowly, still trying to comprehend what Anakin had revealed to him. "I don't understand. Even if Palpatine is a Sith, why would he go to such great lengths to abduct Padmé? He's risking exposing his true nature. Why not wait for her to return to Coruscant ?"

"Palpatine isn't concerned about a petty coup," Anakin interrupted hotly. "He no longer cares about maintaining his guise." he turned to look at Obi-Wan, defeat evident in his expression. "He wants a new apprentice."

Obi-Wan closed his eyes as he grasped the full implications of Anakin's words. For several moments, all was silent, save for the steady hum of the ship's instruments. When Obi-Wan finally spoke, his voice sounded strange, almost hoarse. "We have to return to Coruscant, Anakin. The Council must know of this. They can help us," he pleaded.

"After all they have done to me, to my family, do you really expect me to trust the Jedi Council?" Anakin asked incredulously. "I have to face him?alone."

"Anakin?" Obi-Wan began to protest, but as he stared into the young man's eyes, he felt a presence, the faintest of whispers brushing against the recesses of his mind.

He will bring balance?

Obi-Wan wavered for a moment then slowly nodded. "All right, Anakin," he conceded.

Anakin turned to the controls and began rapidly entering coordinates into the navigation system.

Obi-Wan watched him, puzzled at the unfamiliar coordinates. "How do you know where to find him?"

Anakin sat back in his chair, his eyes filled with an intensity that Obi-Wan found almost frightening.

"I can feel him," he answered as the stars turned into brilliant streaks of light. "He is beckoning me to him."

Obi-Wan watched skeptically as his former Padawan navigated the ship over the canopy of trees. Anakin's senses had led them to Amalthea, an isolated, jungle planet on the far outskirts of the galaxy. "Are you certain he is here, Anakin?" He asked as he peered at the lush, green landscape below them. "I've never even heard of this planet. I am certain its existence is not mentioned in the Archives."

Anakin nodded resolutely. "What better place to ensure that we are alone and away from the reach of the Jedi."

Both men were silent as Anakin flew the ship over a large

19. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh evil evil evil chapter!!!

Sid now has them at his beck and call!!

And he is making Anakin choose Obi or Padme and their son?? Ohhhh and this I could see too! :_|

Poor Anakin... I truly feel for him...

Great chapter!! Can't wait to see the end result of this!!! Wow... hefty choice there!! :( Poor Obi... he knows Anakin doesn't have a choice... and Padme... feeling like she's a barter piece. I know that can't go over too well with her :(

20. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

ANAKIN!!!! STOP!!!!!!!!

*goes after Palpatine with her own lightsaber*

You will not take him as long as I live!!!!!!!!!!! Sort of.

21. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid Anakin! There is always a choice!!!! Palpy just handed you a weapon! Use it on him, not Obi-Wan!

This chapter was remarkable. From the start of it I wanted to skip to the ending. I resisted though, not sure how I managed that. I hope the next update comes quickly, this is definately one evil cliffe.

22. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
    I have a feeling that Anakin will choose option three.....

23. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    AACK!

"Anakin?" Obi-Wan began to protest, but as he stared into the young man's eyes, he felt a presence, the faintest of whispers brushing against the recesses of his mind.

He will bring balance?

Obi-Wan wavered for a moment then slowly nodded. "All right, Anakin," he conceded.

Anakin turned to the controls and began rapidly entering coordinates into the navigation system.

Obi-Wan watched him, puzzled at the unfamiliar coordinates. "How do you know where to find him?"

Anakin sat back in his chair, his eyes filled with an intensity that Obi-Wan found almost frightening.

"I can feel him," he answered as the stars turned into brilliant streaks of light. "He is beckoning me to him."

No, you can't stop there! No! Brilliant chapter, but please post more very, very soon.

24. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    :eek: Palpy is so evil!

Gosh, I really hope Anakin has another plan in mind, or will form one as he goes along.

Such an evil cliffie!!

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    WOW!

Anakin looked mournfully at the third cylinder. "I'm sorry," he whispered, as if addressing his apology to the Force itself. He stood up and walked to the pedestal. Slowly, he reached down and picked up the new weapon, flinching at the cold, unfamiliar feel of the hilt as he cradled it in his hand. "I'm so sorry," he repeated as he turned to face Obi-Wan, igniting the crimson blade, "I have no choice."

I have no words to tell you how much I loved this chapter! :_| But now I'm so worried! [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.