main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Ohhhh...that was an evil, evil cliffe. I am literally shaking with anticipation as to what will happen next. Hopefully Obi and Padme can talk some sense into Anakin before it is too late. Great update. Don't keep us in suspense for too long :)

2. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    OH MY GOD! :eek: :( :_| Evil cliffie, great chapter but I want more, please!

3. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Great chapter, Gina!!!

So intense! [face_worried]

You have done a great job with Palpatine's character, he just gives me the creeps! :mad:

And poor Anakin, he has no choice. :_|

4. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    "Why, Padmé?" He begged for an answer, his voice filled with pain. "Had I become such a stranger to you, such a monster?"

That is such a good line... =D=

:eek:

Why in the galaxy did you leave it there? I'm hanging on a precipice waiting for you're next instalment.

Excellent post =D= =D=

5. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Poor Anakin! So confused and bewildered. And so lost, too. I wonder what he will ultimately decide and if he can survive that choice? :_|

Please let this be a "happy ever after" story! [face_praying]

6. ObiDeeKenobi

ObiDeeKenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Ah wicked and smart ending :) i like it! Great work as always

The Chancellor wouldn't be as strong as he in regular timeline Return of the Jedi so alot of his attack options against Luke just won't be available to him for the upcoming fight. I can presume he was bluffling about executing Dorme and Sabe and Padme's other allies - killing people would be an absolutely last resort since they may yet prove usefull - especially the handmaidens when it comes to manipulating Padme.

I actually prefer Chancellor Palpatine to Emperor Palpatine - he's much more of a subtle yet chilling figure of evil in the prequel era - in RotJ he's too close to the cliched Insane Meglomaniac

7. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    I really hope either Anakin or Obi-Wan have a back-up plan, because otherwise things are about to go horribly, horribly wrong. Or maybe Padme has a back up plan! Yeah!

Well that certainly was an interesting way for Anakin to find out about his son. Didn't quite work out the way that Palpatine wanted, but it worked in another way. You got to hand it to Palpy - he's always got a contingent plan. 'cept for that reactor shaft thingy.

8. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    :mad: Now, why'd you go and do that?

Leaving Padme in Palpatine's gnarly old hands?

And Anakin tottering on the edge of disaster!? [face_praying]

You had better fix this soon! [face_shame_on_you]

Pretty please? [face_batting]

9. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Bravo! Amazing as usual :) What is Anakin going to do? He is in an impossible position! Is he going to fight Obi-Wan, Palpatine or kill himself?

10. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Kynstar

Sid now has them at his beck and call!!

And he is making Anakin choose Obi or Padme and their son?? Ohhhh and this I could see too!

*sigh* Yes, alas, it had to be this way. ;)

Thanks, Kyn! :)

JediStarMoonstruck

I take it you were not happy with Anakin's decision. LOL!

Thanks for reading, JSM! :)

Koori

This chapter was remarkable. From the start of it I wanted to skip to the ending. I resisted though, not sure how I managed that. I hope the next update comes quickly, this is definately one evil cliffe.

Thank you very much, Koori! Your comments were very flattering. I'm glad you found the chapter suspenseful. :D

Thanks for reading!

Tribun

Anakin's decision is coming soon! ;)

Thanks for your review!

MY-T-Chewbacca

No, you can't stop there! No! Brilliant chapter, but please post more very, very soon.

Sorry about that. I'm a sucker for cliffies. ;)

Glad you liked the chapter. The final chapter is coming soon. :D

Master_Noi

Gosh, I really hope Anakin has another plan in mind, or will form one as he goes along.

Anakin's mind is firmly set. He knows exactly what he is doing. [face_devil]

Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR64

Thank you! I truly appreciate how supportive you've been of this story. [face_love]

JediMasterRev

I am literally shaking with anticipation as to what will happen next.

Thank you! I take that as quite a compliment. :D

Hopefully Obi and Padme can talk some sense into Anakin before it is too late.

My lips are sealed? ;)

LaYa_

Evil cliffie, great chapter but I want more, please!

Glad you liked it! More is coming soon. I'm just trying to polish a few segments before I post.

Thanks for reading! :)

Jedikma

You have done a great job with Palpatine's character, he just gives me the creeps!

Thank you! :D

Glad you liked the chapter and thought it was intense. I really wanted this chapter to be emotionally charged. There is a lot at stake for these characters.

CommanderK23

Why in the galaxy did you leave it there?

Well?.

I'm hanging on a precipice waiting for you're next instalment.

That's why!! [face_devil] LOL!

Thanks for your review! :D

LukesTheMan

Please let this be a "happy ever after" story!

I don't know. That's asking quite a lot. I am a lover of angst, after all?

Poor Anakin! So confused and bewildered.

You described his emotions at the moment perfectly.

Thanks for reading! :)

ObiDeeKenobi

Ah wicked and smart ending i like it! Great work as always

Thanks! :D

I can presume he was bluffling about executing Dorme and Sabe and Padme's other allies - killing people would be an absolutely last resort since they may yet prove usefull

No, he isn't bluffing, but he didn't kill Dormé. He's referring to the other Senators who were involved in the attempted coup.

Thanks for your review!

Kazzy

I really hope either Anakin or Obi-Wan have a back-up plan, because otherwise things are about to go horribly, horribly wrong.

Yes, it does look quite hopeless at the moment, doesn?t' it. ;)

You got to hand it to Palpy - he's always got a contingent plan. 'cept for that reactor shaft thingy.

LOL! He didn't see that one coming, did he? Palpatine is a master manipulator, and he'll use any weapon that is at his disposal if he thinks it will get him what he wants ? and what he wants right now is Anakin.

Thanks, Kazzy! :D

VadersMistress

Hi there! :)

Now, why'd you go and do that?

Leaving Padme in Palpatine's gnarly old hands?

And Anakin tottering on the edge of disaster!?

Sorry! It had to be done. ;) :p

Thanks for reading, VM! :D

Sabe126

Bravo! Amazing as usual.

Thank you. I appreciate that. [face_blush]

What is Anakin going to do? He is in an impossible p

11. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003

This is the final chapter, but there will be a short epilogue. Many thanks to everyone for reading. [face_love]

Thanks also to my beta, jazz!

Chapter 34
    The Fall

The light from the Sith blade illuminated Anakin's face in eerie crimson as he stared with dead eyes at his former Master. Behind him, Anakin could hear Padmé screaming his name, pleading with him to stop.

Palpatine licked his lips with glee, his delighted cackle echoing throughout the chamber as he watched his new apprentice approach his prey.

Obi-Wan watched carefully, stretching out his senses, as Anakin drew near to him. The Jedi Master's eyes narrowed momentarily, then he gave an almost imperceptible nod.

Anakin raised the blade high above his head, his body positioned in an attack stance.

"Kill him now," Palpatine ordered.

In an instant, Anakin turned, swinging the deadly crimson blade at the Sith. Caught off-guard by the turn of events, Palpatine stumbled backward in his attempt to escape Anakin's blade. He fell against the throne, his head striking the stone, stunning him momentarily. In that moment of confusion, Obi-Wan darted forward, retrieving his lightsaber and igniting it.

"Free her," Anakin ordered Obi-Wan.

The Jedi Master nodded and rushed to the cell. As he sliced through the metal barriers, he turned to see Anakin jump onto the pedestal, his blade aimed at Palpatine's throat. Obi-Wan pulled Padmé free and had just turned to help Anakin when the chamber began to shake violently. Anakin fell, tumbling down the pedestal, the lightsaber landing far out of his reach. Obi-Wan shielded Padmé as chunks of stone began to rain down around them.

"I have to get you out of here, Milady," he yelled over the noise and confusion as he began to lead her to the corridor.

"No," Padmé screamed as she tried to break free of his grasp. "I won't leave him." Her hand slipped through Obi-Wan's fingers, and Padmé stumbled towards the center of the room. She could see Palpatine descending upon her husband and tried to reach him through the maze of debris, but Obi-Wan caught up with her, pulling her back. "Anakin," she called as she held out her arm to him.

Anakin looked up at her, desperation in his eyes. "No, Padmé. You must leave, for our son."

At that moment, Anakin screamed in agony, a white heat passing through him as the Sith attacked, the Force Lightning searing his body

"No!" Padmé cried as she struggled against the Jedi Master's restraining hold.

"Stay here!" Obi-Wan ordered Padmé as he re-ignited his lightsaber and raced forward, his blade raised. Just as he reached the Sith, Palpatine turned. He lifted his arm, hurling Obi-Wan against the cave wall. The Jedi Master slumped, motionless, to the ground. As the temple around them continued to quake, Palpatine looked down at the Chosen One, writhing in pain at his feet.

"They will pay for your lack of judgment," he hissed as he turned to face Padmé.

Backing away from him, Padmé saw the Sith lightsaber lying near her and reached out for it, stumbling across the ground, but before she could grasp it, it flew into Palpatine's outstretched hand, the blade springing to life with a deadly hum.

Anakin struggled to reach his wife, dragging his body across the stone floor. He had just managed to stand when the ground beneath the stone pedestal buckled, and a massive fissure rent the cave floor in two.

Through the escaping steam and burning ash, Anakin saw Palpatine, his back to him, bearing down on his wife, the crimson blade glowing brightly through the haze.

"Padmé," he cried as he stumbled towards her.

Before he could reach Padmé, another figure appeared at his side. Obi-Wan charged at the Sith, his blade swinging in a deadly arc. Palpatine sensed the attack, however, and turned, thrusting his blade forward. Obi-Wan stopped short as he felt the blade's energy pierce his abdomen. The Sith retracted the blade and watched with utter satisfaction as Obi-Wan fell to the ground, gasping.

"No!" Anakin screamed, f

12. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow!!! What a great chapter!

But...but...Obi-Wan!!!! :_| :_| :_|

13. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

OBI-WAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    OBI-WAN! :_|

I relieved that Anakin and Padme are both okay, but I was on the verge of tears when Obi died. So beautifully written. And poor Riane, now he's lost both of his parents.

I can't believe this story is almost over. I'll miss the small giggle I always feel when I discover an update.

15. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Obi's dead! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| I'm actually crying.. :( :( :(

16. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :_| I?m crying too! Just brilliant Gina. Right until the last moment I wasn?t sure if Anakin would turn.

My Apprentice killed the Master on Naboo, and now I, the Master, have struck down his Apprentice ? What a terrible replay of events on Naboo.

All that remained was an emptiness in the Force as the bond that had been forged between them through time and love was extinguished.

Beautiful! :_|

I can?t believe this is almost over.

17. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    NO! Obi-Wan! :_|

I'm glad Anakin didn't turn, but this was so sad.

18. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :_| Oh, that is so, so heartbreaking. :( Even worse because you made him your own, gave him life in this story, and then ... :_| :_|

19. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I can't believe I missed such an exciting post! :eek: The stand-down between Palpatine, Anakin and Obi-Wan was just breath-taking and I had no idea where you were going to lead your readers!

I was so glad I had another post! [face_blush] That was just too exciting to put down.

And Obi-Wan's death, so touching. I can't help but think of Riane and how they have grown together.

This has just been wonderful and so sad

Great job and looking forward to the Epilogue!

20. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I can't believe I just read all that in one three-hour sitting.

Gina, I may not like some of the things you did to people in this, but YOU ROCK!

And I think I know what the baby on the way will be named...

21. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    This was an excellent post, Gina. I especially enjoyed the action sequence, as well as your descriptions. Awesome, awesome stuff. :( Poor Obi-Wan, I was so sad to see him get killed, but happy that our favorite couple made it through. If only...
    Sad to see this story coming to conclusion, but have enjoyed it immensely throughout its entirety. Hope to see more from you soon!

22. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Oh no! Obi-Wan's dead. I cried as I read that. Poor Anakin, but I'm glad he can deal with it a little better I think. I just worry about Riane, he lost his mother and now he's lost his father and he wasn't exactly the most stable...

But I'm glad to see that Palpy is at last dead. It's about time that someone did away with that monster. but thank god Padme was there to pull Anakin back up when he went over the edge. I hope she's all right though.

23. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OOOOOBIIIIIIIIIII!
    [Many crying faces]
    WHYWHYWHYWHY???!!!
    *SNIFSOB*
    It´s so unfair! I just read the battle of Jabiim -comic, and now this! I´m about to cry really!
    But the sun is, that Obi is finally with his beloved woman. I just forgot her name.
    Very good writing Gina!
    *sob*
    Marmida

24. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I just knew that Anakin wasn't going to turn on Obi-wan so when he turned the blade on Palpatine I wasn't surprised one bit. But I was sadden but Obi-wan's death.

25. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Thanks also to my beta, jazz!

Aww, you're always welcome. It was a great story to beta!

Awesome final chapter, Gina! The end was especially good!

Uppies!

jazz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.