main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General-Mest

General-Mest Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2005
    AWESOME!!! Great!

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    General-Mest

Thank you! [face_blush]

I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. :)

3. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Bravo!
    That was a great read! Thanx for sharing.

thebadge

4. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    :_| This fic was absolutely amazing, Gina. The end simply made me cry, not because Obi-Wan died, I was expecting that, but because you capture the emotions and feelings of the characters so amazingly well. Your writing is absolutely exquisit.

I'm looking forward to a sequel, ;) if you decide to write one.

Great work. =D=

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Community Squirrel Whisperer star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ch. 1 - I can understand Obi-Wan's reaction because of disappointement, but I think "I'm not like you, Master. I didn?t spend my entire childhood in the Temple, separated from the world. I know what it?s like to be part of something, to be part of a family. I know you feel I have betrayed you, and I?m sorry. I did not ask to fall in love with Padmé, but it happened." -- really explains alot.

Ch 2 - That was wonderful how Anakin was with Leia and all that he told her... brought tears to my eyes.

Ch 3 - "Don't worry. I'm sure you're not the first senator in history to secretly marry a Jedi, have his children and then return to the Senate amid scandal," Anakin said matter-of-factly. --LOL! Hmm, not sure if I agree with Padme getting so upset that Ani didn't telll her of the Council meeting.. I'm sure he didn't want to stress her.

Ch 4 - This is something that could effect our family, and we're supposed to face these obstacles together." Okay, I agree with that, but she was a bit dramatic in running out. Ahh, I can't blame her for not wanting her husband out on dangerous missions.

Ch 5 - "There has been an attack at the Senate building. It appears to have been some type of explosion." Uh oh... :eek:

Ch 6 - Fortunately, Chancellor Palpatine had called an unscheduled recess only moments before the explosion." ... Hmmm, what's his plan?? I was relieved that Padme was well enough to be infuriated.. good sign actually. :D Ahhh, we see what the Chancellor is planning now... he wants Anakin. Grrrr

Ch 7 - No way!!! He did not just quit??? No Anakin , you've fallen into the Sith's plan!!! And now his uspet with Obi-Wan too.. not good.

Ch 8 -
    "Besides, like I said, they were going to expel me anyway. I just beat them to it. They couldn't have the Chosen One running around the Temple with...well, um?a big grin on his face all the time. It might just make all those other poor Padawans realize what they're missing, and could you imagine Master Yoda trying to outrun me because he can't stand to look at another holograph of the children?"
    .. he may be joking, but he is right. This revelation made Obi-Wan uneasy, and he felt a chill as Anakin's eyes clouded with anger. ... no doubt, though at least I'm glad to see Obi-Wan and Anakin speaking. Cute image of Obi covered in food fromtrying to feed the twins. LOL!

Ch 9 - OKay, that's a shock to say the least. Obi goes looking for an old flame and discovers a son??? It's times like this I'm glad I can read the next chapter right away! :D

Ch 10 - And his flame is dead?? Oh my... this is going to be complicated and very sad. :(

Ch 11 - Things seem to be looking up for the Skywalkers.. at the moment. Though I understand Obi-Wan's desire to take his son to Coruscant, shouldn't he ask the boy too?? Oh deaar, looks like Palpatine has reason to get rid of Padme now.

Ch 12 - "You'll never be my father." I understand the sentiment, but I wound't be so quick to say never.

Ch 13 - Right, he's going to just give up all that power??? Wonder what he has up his slimy sleeve??

Ch 14 -"Anakin, Padmé. I would like you to meet Ríane. He is my son." .. I can picture both standing there with mouths agape. Hmm, I don't know if I can see Qui-Gon being that harsh on relationship's. *shrug*

Ch 15 - "Did my mother know that you would be bringing me to live in a prison block?" he asked sarcastically. [/i[] smart mouth isn't he. Does he forget his mother was once a Jedi too? "Understood, it has been, yes, that a relationship such as this is forbidden, but formed a binding union, he did not. ,.. that's ridiculous... shows why they're restrictive rules are silly in my eyes.

Ch 16 - "Does blaming the Jedi make you feel less guilty about abandoning us?" Wow, really gets to the heart of the matter. I like seeing Anankin and Obi-Wan's as friends.

Ch 17 - "He turned into a fine man and a caring husband and father." Padmé paused for a moment as she saw a flicker of remorse in A

6. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Uh yeah, how is the work on a sequel coming? Please [face_praying] tell me that there will be a sequel!

7. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Oh, Gina, what a wonderfully, heartbreaking ending! Poor Obi-Wan, I didn't see that coming, I must admit.

And things are looking ominous for poor Riane, also now.

This is just begging for a sequel, you know! And I want to see the newest little Skywalker, too!

Kristeh

8. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    I apologize for the lateness of these replies. I've been away on vacation and am still catching up with the forums. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this story. :)

thebadge

Thank you! :D Glad you liked the story.

JediMaster_Jen

The end simply made me cry, not because Obi-Wan died, I was expecting that, but because you capture the emotions and feelings of the characters so amazingly well. Your writing is absolutely exquisit.

Wow! Thank you. I'm very flattered. [face_blush] And I am indeed working on ideas for a sequel. ;)

Healer_Leona

Wow! Such detailed replies for each chapter. :D

Your words were very kind, and I thank you! :)

LukesTheMan

I'm thinking about it. I've been using VaderLVR as a sounding board for a few ideas. ;)

I really am flattered that readers are interested in a sequel. :)

kristeh

Thanks! :)

Believe me, killing Obi-Wan wasn't easy. *sniff*

I really do want to write a sequel. Unfortunately, it's mainly a time issue at the moment.

Thanks again, kristeh. :D

9. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    But you will find time to write a sequel, will you?

10. Quasi_Jedi

Quasi_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    Amazing story! I really loved it! You are a very talented writer and I do hope that the sequal comes to pass. I would very much like to read it. Thanks for the wonderful adventure!

11. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003

jacen200015

I haven't forgotten about a sequel for this story. :) I just want to finish the other stories I'm writing before I begin another full-length fiction. Thank you so much for reading and for your review. I'm flattered you enjoyed it enough to want to read a sequel. :D

Quasi_Jedi

Thank you very much. I'm flattered by your kind words. [face_blush] [face_blush] And as I wrote in my comments to jacen200015, I'm glad you liked it enough to want a sequel. Thanks so much for reading! :D

12. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I was just thinking about this story. I loved it! But you've got me hooked on your characters and I want to see what happens to Obi-Wan's son now [face_praying]

13. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    tangled_sphere

Hi! Believe me, I've been contemplating what the future holds for Obi-Wan's son. ;) I hope to write a sequel as soon as I finish a few other projects. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Thanks so much for reading, tangled_sphere! [:D]

14. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    Well, it has taken a few hours, but I have finished your story from start to finish. Although I'm sad I wasn't able to comment along the way, I must admit that it's always fun to read a completed story than to wait for updates.[face_blush] This story was very nicely written and I absolutely loved it. With the ending that you left off, I'm assuming you may do a sequel. Hopefully you will, and then I'll have another wonderful story to read!:) So great work, and now I'm off to read all of your other stories![face_peace]

15. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Mr_Dagobah

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this story from start to finish. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I was flattered by your kind comments. [face_blush] [face_blush]

I do hope to write a sequel to this story. It's mainly an issue of finding the time to work on it. But, I do hope to be able to begin sometime soon. Riane has an amazing story to tell. ;)

Again, thanks for reading! :D

16. Darth_Tequila

Darth_Tequila Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2006
    Hello.

Obi Wan in 1,2,3 has so much character, charm and depth. Your line,

"It is not your place to question an Order that has stood for thousands of years, my young Padawan," Obi-Wan replied, his tone of voice leaving little room for argument.

Really nails how Ewan was playing the character I'd say, bravo. Good dialog work.

Marc

17. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Darth_Tequila

Really nails how Ewan was playing the character I'd say, bravo. Good dialog work.

Thank you very much! [face_blush] That's very kind.

Thanks for reading this story. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.