main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003

VaderLVR64

Yes, he's busted alright! :p

Luke yanking on those big Gungan ears was hilarious!

Thanks. :D

Jedikma

Men always think they can keep things from their wives and they always get busted!

Yep! ;)

Thanks for reading. :)

Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Maybe Padmé won't be too hard on him. ;)

Thanks so much. :)

LaYa_

Thanks. :)

Glad you liked Luke and Jar Jar's little incident. :p

tangled_sphere

That?s so sweet. [face_blush]

The humor that you intersperse is so in spirit with Star Wars!

Thank you!!! :D

mixza

So... does this mean Ani has to spend another night on the couch?

[face_mischief]

Thanks for reading. :D

_JM_

Good for Luke, if Gungan ears weren?t meant for tugging then they wouldn?t dangle so enticingly.

LOL!

Obviously that would cut no ice with Padme though.

Hmmm?.Probably not! :p Thanks!!

Kynstar

Can't wait to see how Ani talks himself out of that one.

Well, actually, Anakin won?t be the only one with explaining to do. [face_mischief]

Dally

Obi-Wan spoke too soon.

Yes. Poor guy. He means well, though. :p

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Sabe126

Poor Jar Jar. I don't think that he will get so close to Luke again!

No, I think he learned his lesson. ;)

If Anakin has hidden his meeting with the Council from Padme then it must be very serious.

[face innocent]

Thanks so much for reading!

2. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    heh... Anakin's in some trouble, isn't he? And i wonder if Luke and Jar Jar are going to have more interactions in the future...

and something makes me think that the 'confessions' wont be comign from Anakin at all... perhaps we will learn more about Obi-Wan's ghosts from the past?

this should be at the top ^

3. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    "Don't worry. I'm sure you're not the first senator in history to secretly marry a Jedi, have his children and then return to the Senate amid scandal," Anakin said matter-of-factly.

LOL! That cracked me up.

He hesitated for only a heartbeat. "Well, if you insist."

Never bring a Jedi Master home for dinner. 8-}

4. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    heh...
    new chapter soon?

up

5. Gina

Jun 3, 2003

Vivid_Scripts

something makes me think that the 'confessions' wont be coming from Anakin at all

Well, let's just say he won't be the only one with a confession to make.

Thanks for reviewing! :)

leia_naberrie

Never bring a Jedi Master home for dinner.

LOL!

Thanks for reading and commenting. :D

6. Gina

Jun 3, 2003

Absolution

Chapter 4
    Confessions

As Anakin approached the bedroom, he could hear sounds of crying. He sighed deeply then activated the door. Padmé was sitting on the edge of the bed, her eyes rimmed with tears. Before her pregnancy, Anakin had rarely seen his wife cry, but lately, it was a more common occurrence. When Anakin had mentioned it during one of Padmé's medical visits shortly before the twins' birth, the healers, mumbling something along the lines of "hormones," had assured him that this was perfectly normal.

He moved to the bed and sat down beside his wife. For a while, neither spoke. It was Anakin who finally broke the silence.

"You're right. I lied to you, Padmé," he began. "While Obi-Wan and I were on Selon, the Council ordered me to appear before them upon my return to Coruscant. I didn't tell you because you've been so nervous about returning to the Senate, and you're just so exhausted from caring for Luke and Leia."

"It doesn't matter, Anakin," she retorted hotly. "I'm not a child you try to protect from the world. I'm your wife. This is something that could effect our family, and we're supposed to face these obstacles together."

"I don't know what else I can say, Padmé. I was wrong, and I will never hide anything from you again," Anakin once again apologized.

He watched his wife, who was staring at the floor, a haunted look clouding her porcelain features.

"Something else is troubling you." His words were more a statement than a question.

She continued to avert her eyes from his gaze.

"I thought we agreed there would be no more secrets," he said softly.

Padmé turned to look at her husband. She said nothing as she reached out to take his prosthetic hand in her own. Anakin watched as she ran her delicate fingers along his palm, massaging the artificial limb.

"Padmé." Anakin prodded gently.

Her actions ceased as she cradled his hand protectively against her body.

"I'm sorry, Anakin. I'm so sorry," she whispered.

"What's wrong, Padmé," Anakin asked, his concern turning to fear.

"While you were gone, I was so frightened, Anakin," she admitted. "I was frightened that you would not return to us. I couldn't sleep or even eat. In my entire life, I've never truly been afraid before, Anakin. I've always known my career was dangerous and that I had enemies. The blockade crisis and all the attempted assassinations - I knew what I was doing, what I was fighting for, was worth the risks involved, even if it meant sacrificing my own life. When we were married, I accepted your calling and the dangers inherent in your duties, but this time it was different, Anakin. This time? this time, I was so afraid that Luke and Leia would never see you again, would never know their father."

"Oh, Padmé." Anakin gathered his wife in a soothing embrace, rocking her slightly in his arms. "I'm home now. Everything is fine."

Padmé pushed her husband away. "That's just it, Anakin. You're safe now, but what about the next time? You've already sacrificed your hand for the Jedi, Anakin," she said as she reached out and held his artificial limb against her breast, "what's next?"

"What are saying, Padmé?" Anakin asked, not sure he wanted to hear the answer.

"When Obi-Wan told me you were summoned by the Council, a small part of me hoped that...I, I was relieved, Anakin," Padmé admitted in a defeated voice.

Anakin said nothing as he rose from the bed. He walked to the hand-carved dresser, a belated wedding gift from Padmé's parents given shortly after their union had been revealed, and picked up a small holograph Padmé had brought with them from Naboo. He stared down at his own image, holding the twins in his arms. In the background was a pristine waterfall. He smiled as he thought back to that day in the meadow, the day after he returned from Selon. Anakin sighed deeply as he replaced the holograph.

"You don't want me to be a Jedi anymore, do you, Padmé?" Anakin asked, turning to lean against the dresser.

"I'm sorry, Anaki

7. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    You're killing me! Just who is Obi thinking about?!

I loved this exchange:
    Anakin reached out his hand and began to lightly stroke the base of his wife's neck. "Being afraid doesn't make you weak, Padmé, it makes you human. Everyone has fears. It's how we choose to handle our fears that is important."

Padmé looked at her husband appraisingly.

"Why, Anakin, you've grown up," she teased. Then she bolted from her chair and dashed from the room.

"Oh, you'll pay for that one, milady," Anakin said as he gave chase.

It's always fun to see lines from the movies reused, too. ;)

~Jedikma :)

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *snrk* his timing is perfect hehehehehe that was hilarious! Glad to see the two made up over the little spat. Ummm so Padme wishes Ani away from the Order... understandable but I hope she doesn't continue to bring that up. Especially since it had always been his dream.

And Obi... poor Obi... I too wonder to whom he's thinking of. My Master thought maybe Master Gallia but I was totally taken back by his idea. Perhaps another along his level...Siri? Now that I could see. But Master Gallia...I'm sorry Master of mine but I don't see that happening. hehehehe

9. NikitaSkywalker

NikitaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2003
    :)

Poor tortured Obi...

10. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    this really sort of makes me wonder... what if Anakin had left the order (as Padme seems to wish) to spend time with his family? Is it possible he could have become the happy family man with a well paying job, a white picket fence and a back yard BBQ? hmmm evokes some interesting thoughts and 'what ifs'.. The other Padme/Anakin interaction was great...

"Why, Anakin, you've grown up," she teased. Then she bolted from her chair and dashed from the room.

"Oh, you'll pay for that one, milady," Anakin said as he gave chase.

:p lol.

and well... just who is Obi-Wan thinking of... I dont know much about Siri, but judging from all the Obi/Siri fics that have been going around, it makes me wonder if he's thinking of her... or if its an OC...

hmmm

11. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Not far away, in his quarters at the Jedi Temple, a now wide-awake Obi-Wan Kenobi was staring blankly at the darkness around him.

He had dreamt of her again.

Lately, these dreams were becoming stronger and more frequent, and each time he saw her image, it reopened a wound deep within him. This wound was further aggravated when he was around Anakin and his family and felt the utter contentment emanating from his Padawan.

Unable to withstand the empty ache any longer, Obi-Wan rose from the bed and dressed quickly. Then, he slipped silently into the darkened corridor.

Who is he dreaming about? Hmmmmmm...

12. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    GReat job on these last two chapters, Gina! :) Iloved all the witty comments, and Luke pulling Jar Jar's ears struck me as hilarious.

Poor Padme. I can really sympathize with her fears of losing Anakin, not just for herself, but for the children. Being a Jedi is a dangerous way of life, and it's a very real threat.

I know it's Anakin's dream, and after all the years of hard work and sacrifice, he can't bear to think of not being a Jedi, but I do feel that if he could have brought himself to give it up for Padme and the sake of their children, that he'd would have been very happy with that once he'd gotten used to it.

It would have been a huge sacrifice on his part, but I think family is even more important to Anakin and he'd have ended up being happy and fulfilled being a husband and father. Of course, he'd have had to take care of Palpatine first-Palpy isn't about to let him retire to Naboo. But once that little chore was taken care of, then they could all be one big happy Skywalker family. Oh, well...

I can't wait to see what happens next, with the Council, and Padme's reservations, and whoever it is that Obi's thinking of. More soon please?

Kristeh

13. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    This chapter was great! I agree that if Anakin was to leave the Jedi Order, he would be a happy family guy. He loves his family very much and I would be willing to bet he'd give up his dream of being a Jedi for his family. Of course, he needs to take care of Palpy first though....after that, they can be one big happy Skywalker family! [face_love]

14. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Wonderful Gina! You made me smile again!!! Loved the bath scene, Obi-Wan's perfect timing ;) and "Why Anakin, you've grown up!"
    [face_laugh]

Unable to withstand the empty ache any longer, Obi-Wan rose from the bed and dressed quickly. Then, he slipped silently into the darkened corridor. Very intriguing!!!

I want to know what's going on in Obi-Wan's mind to create such emptiness!!!

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    WOW! This one just keeps getting better and better and when it started out the bar was set pretty high to begin with. I loved the interaction between Anakin and Padme. I thought her feelings were very realistic, as any one who loves a person whose job puts them in danger can tell you!

"When Obi-Wan told me you were summoned by the Council, a small part of me hoped that...I, I was relieved, Anakin," Padmé admitted in a defeated voice.

I just wanted to give Obi-Wan a big hug (okay I wanted to do that anyway, but you your story made it worse). He seems so sad...

Can't wait for more!

16. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Please say that we will find out the identity of the mysterious 'her' very soon! LOL at Obi-Wan's interuption and Padme's teasing of Anakin! :) All 3 of them are behaving just how you would expect.

17. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I love Obi & Ani! It's impossible not to! This story is amazing. Truly wonderful work. Keep it up! :D

18. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Yay, I'm caught up! :) I love it, Gina. I'm kind of irritated with Padmé, though (for the first time ever, actually). It's not that I don't understand her fears and worries - just that I feel she's being a little selfish right now. You don't see Anakin telling her to stop being a senator, so she can stay at home with the children and be safe from her enemies, do you? It's natural for her to be a little posessive, but she knew what she was getting into.

// end rant :p

Anyway, I loved it, and I hope more will be coming soon. :)

19. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I can?t blame Padme for wishing that the Council would expel Anakin from the Order so that neither her nor Anakin would have to make the choice between his duty as a Jedi and his duty as a father. Being a Jedi is far more dangerous than being a senator, at least as a senator you have people guarding you rather than being the guard.

Looking forward to Anakins meeting with the Jedi Council. He is not the sort of person that would accept unreasonable demands so if they push him too far I doubt he would recognise their authority.

20. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I had put this story on my list to read after tax season, and I got to it last night. I enjoyed it very much. I like seeing that Kenobi is happy for Anakin even after being angry at him at first. I think all parents would be like this if they found out their child did something like this and found out later etc and I think you caught the emotions on paper very well. I like the little things you add to the story such as having Anakin using the force for Padme to go back to sleep and him having that little heart to heart chat with Leia and showing that Padme overheard the conversation etc. I also like how you have Padme not wanting Anakin to be a jedi anymore it adds a touch of realism tothe story because I think of how there are some people who wish their loveones were not in the miltary right now even though they are proud of them for serving their country but still are worried and scared for them at the same time. (hopefully that makes some sense without insulting anyone) I would imagine that with the Jedi in many ways being the miltary of the republic and having to be away from home alot etc would worry anyone who had a loveone in the jedi order. I will be looking forward to seeing more of this story. I can't wait to see if my guess of whom he is dreaming about is right.

21. MamaShmi

MamaShmi Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2004
    I just found this one and it is wonderful! I love AU works that let Anakin and Padme have SOME happiness. Hopefully more happiness is in store for them? Great work by the way!

22. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great chapter! :D

23. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002

I can empathize with Padmé not wanting Anakin to be a Jedi anymore. It?s only natural. I think if Anakin had to choose, though, he would choose family in a half a heartbeat. :)

"Obi-Wan left a few minutes ago, with a large portion of leftovers?

[face_laugh]

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Up you go! This one is too good to languish on page three!

25. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.