main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Jedikma

You're killing me! Just who is Obi thinking about?!

All will be revealed soon. ;)

It's always fun to see lines from the movies reused, too.

Thanks! I couldn?t resist.

Thanks for your review. :)

Kynstar

understandable but I hope she doesn't continue to bring that up.

No, it won?t continue to be an issue, and she doesn?t expect him to give up his dream for her. She just felt she had to be honest with him.

I too wonder to whom he's thinking of. My Master thought maybe Master Gallia but I was totally taken back by his idea. Perhaps another along his level...Siri? Now that I could see.

My lips are sealed ? for now. ;)

Thanks for reading and commenting. :D

NikitaSkywalker

Poor tortured Obi...

Yes. His past is truly haunting him right now. ;)

Vivid_Scripts

Is it possible he could have become the happy family man with a well paying job, a white picket fence and a back yard BBQ?

Very interesting what ifs?

Thanks! :D

mixza

Who is he dreaming about?

*Gina answers in a sing-song voice* I'll never tell. Well, actually I will, later. :p

Thanks so much!

kristeh

Thank you!

I truly believe that having children, and the responsibility that goes along with that, changes you. You no longer just have to think about how something will impact you but how it will affect everyone in your family. I wanted to show that with Padmé.

But once that little chore was taken care of, then they could all be one big happy Skywalker family.

*sigh* If only it could have been that way. :(

BrownEyes_Blue

Thank you!

Of course, he needs to take care of Palpy first though

I know. Evil Palpy. :mad:

tangled_sphere

Thank you so much! :D

VaderLVR64

Wow! Thank you. [face_blush]

I just wanted to give Obi-Wan a big hug

You're not the only one. ;)

Thanks for the up!

Sabe126

Please say that we will find out the identity of the mysterious 'her' very soon!

[face_devil] [face_devil]

Just kidding. It won't be much longer.

Thanks for reading!

VadersMistress

Thank you very much! :)

Fate

Hi there!

Don't be too hard on Padmé. :p She doesn't really want him to leave the Order for her, she's just afraid for him, and when she got angry about the deception, she was really more angry at herself and ashamed for feeling the way she did about the Council situation.

Thanks for reading and reviewing! :)

_JM_

Being a Jedi is far more dangerous than being a senator, at least as a senator you have people guarding you rather than being the guard.

Hmmm?Funny you should mention that?..

CrystalKenobi

Hello!

I like seeing that Kenobi is happy for Anakin even after being angry at him at first. I think all parents would be like this if they found out their child did something like this and found out later

That is exactly the emotion I was trying to convey, so I am glad that came across!

Your comments were so kind, and I thank you!! :D

MamaShmi

Thank you very much!

I love AU works that let Anakin and Padme have SOME happiness.

So do I! ;)

LaYa_

Thank you for reviewing and for the up! :)

leia_naberrie

I think if Anakin had to choose, though, he would choose family in a half a heartbeat.

If only he had had the chance?. :(

Thanks for your comments!

2. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Okay, sorry I'm late.

Obi's dreaming about someone?! Ooooh...I'm guessing Cerasi (*shrugs* hey, it could happen) or Sabé, maybe?

More soon?

btw, I'm going to update Missing Moments soon...just thought you'd like to know...

3. Gina

Jun 3, 2003

JediMasterAnne

Thanks for the review! :D

Absolution

Chapter 5
    Intuition

The data pads clattered to the floor, shattering the reverent silence of the Jedi Archives. Jocasta Nu glared at him, as if personally affronted by his clumsiness. Anakin gave her a small smile of apology then bent to retrieve the information he had spent the entire morning searching through the towering shelves to find.

Anakin loathed research and had been most irritated when he had been assigned to this menial task. He had no doubt this was the Council's way of keeping an eye on him until they decided how to deal with their married Jedi Padawan.

Today, he found the Archives to be especially stifling. He was anxious about his Council hearing, which was scheduled for the following morning, but he was also concerned about Padmé. Today was her first day back at the Senate, and Anakin was worried about how his wife would be received by her colleagues. This distraction was making concentration impossible.

After he finished collecting the scattered materials, Anakin carried them to an empty workstation, muttering a few unflattering remarks about wrinkled old Jedi Masters under his breath. He plopped heavily into the chair and began reading the information he had gathered regarding an illegal smuggling ring that was rumored to be operating in the Kessel System. When he realized he had been reading the same entry for several minutes, Anakin sighed deeply and threw the data pad carelessly onto the work surface. Eager for a distraction, he sat back and began to look around him.

It was then he noticed Obi-Wan, hunched over a nearby data screen. Needing no more of an excuse to put off his boring task, Anakin walked over to his Master. As he approached, he noticed the older man was intently studying a map, a map of a system unfamiliar to Anakin.

"Hello, Master," Anakin said quietly. Startled, Obi-Wan whirled around to find the source of the interruption. Seeing his Padawan, he quickly switched off the map he had been studying. Anakin was puzzled by this sign of secrecy but said nothing.

"Anakin. How is the research progressing?" Obi-Wan asked awkwardly as he quickly moved his data pads out of Anakin's view.

"You know I hate tedious research, Master. It seems like a waste of time when we could be out there helping people," Anakin replied in a tone of voice that indicated this was not the first time they had had this discussion.

"Anakin, we have been through this before. It is essential for a Jedi to be intellectually as well as physically prepared for any threat," Obi-Wan retorted wearily. Seeing the troubled look on Anakin's face, Obi-Wan decided to end the lecture ? for now.

"Have you received word from Padmé?" he asked, correctly guessing the cause of his apprentice's dour mood.

"No. She will be in session until evening. I can't explain it, Master, but all morning I've had a bad feeling about Padmé's return to the Senate, as if something is going to happen. I tried to meditate, but I couldn't find the source of my worry."

"I'm sure you're just concerned about how the other Senators will treat her, Anakin. Perhaps you should return to your work. It will take your mind off your worries." Obi-Wan turned back to the screen in front of him.

Sensing he had been dismissed, Anakin walked slowly back to his workstation. Just as he resumed his reading, he was overwhelmed by a sudden sense of fear and pain. He looked up at Obi-Wan, who was staring at him in wide-eyed surprise.

"I felt it, too," the Jedi Master answered Anakin's unspoken question.

Without another word, both men began racing for the doorway. They were intercepted by a distressed Jocasta Nu.

"Padawan Skywalker, I'm afraid I have disturbing news," she reluctantly informed him. "There has been an attack at the Senate building. It appears to have been some type of explosion."

Next Chapter: Priorities

4. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Perhaps Obi-Wan's long lost love is somewhere in the information he was looking up? :D He was sure secretive about what he was doing. ;)

Woah! An explosion at the senate building?

My only complaint about this chapter was that it was too short. ;) Can't wait for the next post!

~ Jedikma :)

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "Padawan Skywalker, I'm afraid I have disturbing news," she reluctantly informed him. "There has been an attack at the Senate building. It appears to have been some type of explosion."

Oh Gina, EVIL CLIFFIE! That's not very nice of you. Wonderful chapter, Anakin as a concerned husband is just too wonderful for words. Obi-Wan is being sneaky, hmmm. Perhaps he is trying to track down the mysterious woman from his dreams? I cannot wait to see what is in store for us!

6. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Aaaack!!! That was such an evil cliffe!!!! Great chapter nevertheless. Hope Padme is ok. *crosses fingers*

7. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Gina! That wasn't very nice...evil cliffie!

8. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    AHHHH!!!! EVIL CLIFFIE! IF YOU DON'T UPDATE VERY, VERY, SOON I'LL GO NUTS!

*takes a deep breath* Great post. Update soon... please! [face_plead]

9. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Poor Obi-Wan, even without the master-padawan bond Anakin would have been able to feel the guilty secrecy radiating off him.

I like Jocasta Nu glaring at Anakin, clumsy little oik dropping the datapads and possibly damaging them. On the other hand maybe Anakin should glare back at her for not having a good classification system in place in the Jedi Library and clearly marked shelves and making him take all morning finding things. :p

As said a worrying cliffhanger that proves me wrong about whether it is more dangerous being a senator or a Jedi. As it turns out it is more dangerous trusting to the competence of the senate security than it might be trusting to your own skills to take care of yourself. :)

10. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    *delurks*

Why????????????????????????????

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

*tries to decide to go back to lurking or not*

11. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan decided to end the lecture ? for now - That was very Obi-Wan! What was he being so secretive about? That was a very cruel place to leave it! :eek: I wonder who the attack was aimed at?

12. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    It's ironic, Padmé was worried about the dangers of Anakin being a Jedi, and yet she's the one (nearly?) gets blown up! :eek:

This is a fantastic fic. You tell your story with such warmth, and the humour is always appreciated too. I love the way you've built the relationship between Padmé and Anakin, the good stuff and the tension as well.

I am curious about Obi-Wan though. Just what's going on in that pretty little head of his?

Great fic :)

13. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003

Agghhhh!!!! Cliffie!!!! AHHH ... I want the next post NOW! :mad:

:p

Hope Padmé is okay (don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about this! ) :)

14. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    wow... I have a feeling that Anakin's darkside will emerge shortly. Someone will be paying a steep price for this terrorist attack...

15. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Anakin was right!!! :_|

A cliffie!!! Now I have to know if Padme is alright!!! :_|

16. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Great job!

Poor Anakin-he does seem the type who would hate doing research. Very evil of the Council to assign him such a task. [face_devil]

Heh, Jocasta Nu never changes, does she? I can easily picture her as a young initiate lecturing all the other kids on the proper way to behave in the archives.

And what a cliffhanger! I do hope Padme's all right. One day Anakin will learn to pay attention to that danger sense of his.

More soon please?

Kristeh

17. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002

So Anakin does not like research as well as sand, huh? ;) Obviously, his mother did not preach to him about the Joys of the Library. [face_laugh]

LOL @ _JM_: As it turns out it is more dangerous trusting to the competence of the senate security than it might be trusting to your own skills to take care of yourself.

Oooh what an evil cliffie ending. [face_shocked] I, too, wait with bated breath for the next chapter.

18. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
  19. Gina

Jun 3, 2003

Jedikma

My only complaint about this chapter was that it was too short.

The next one will be longer, I promise. ;)

Thanks for the review!

VaderLVR64

Thanks for your wonderful comments!

Perhaps he is trying to track down the mysterious woman from his dreams?

Perhaps?. [face_mischief]

BrownEyes_Blue

Thanks very much! :)

Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Gina! That wasn't very nice...evil cliffie!

[face_devil] [face_devil]

Thanks for reading!

mixza

_JM_

On the other hand maybe Anakin should glare back at her for not having a good classification system in place in the Jedi Library and clearly marked shelves and making him take all morning finding things.

LOL! That's a good idea.

As it turns out it is more dangerous trusting to the competence of the senate security than it might be trusting to your own skills to take care of yourself.

Yet again, funny you should mention that?

JediStarMoonstruck

Thanks for delurking!! :D

*tries to decide to go back to lurking or not*

*Gina offers brownies as a bribe not to relurk*

Sabe126

That was very Obi-Wan!

Thank you! [face_blush]

I wonder who the attack was aimed at?

The answer is coming very soon?

Kazzy

Wow! Thank you very much. [face_blush]

It's ironic, Padmé was worried about the dangers of Anakin being a Jedi, and yet she's the one (nearly?) gets blown up!

Exactly!!

LaYa_

Thanks! :)

The next post is coming soon!

Vivid_Scripts

Yes, the attacker has made an enemy of the wrong man.

Thanks for reading and for the up! :)

tangled_sphere

Thanks for the review! :)

kristeh

One day Anakin will learn to pay attention to that danger sense of his.

Unfortunately, that's a lesson Anakin will have a difficult time learning.

Thanks for reading!

leia_naberrie

Yes, for Anakin, research ranks right up there with sand. :p

Thanks so much!

Again, thanks everyone for reading and leaving comments! :)

I hope to have the next chapter up soon.

20. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

This...is...not...good... :_|

Update soon, please, Gina.

21. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    You can tell just looking at my sig who i HOPE Obi is looking for :D

An explosion? Vader time i think?

22. Gina

Jun 3, 2003

anakin_girl

Hi, there! Thanks for reading and reviewing. :D

Alixen

You can tell just looking at my sig who i HOPE Obi is looking for

The mystery woman will be revealed soon! ;)

Thanks for reading and for your comments. :)

Absolution

Chapter 6
    Priorities

Anakin and Obi-Wan raced toward the Senate building, their panic growing as they noticed the many Senators and building employees covered in a fine dust, coughing violently as they wandered around the ornate courtyard in front of the building. As they neared the entrance, a guard halted them.

"I'm sorry, no one is to be admitted," the guard stated firmly.

"You don't understand," Anakin pleaded, "my wife is Senator Padmé Amidala-Skywalker. I have to find her."

"Again, I'm sorry, sir, but I cannot allow you to enter the building until we are certain the explosion did not compromise the structure's stability," the guard said.

Infuriated, Anakin placed a hand on the guard's shoulder, preparing to shove him aside when Obi-Wan stopped him.

"Anakin, wait," he pointed at a figure slumped on a bench near the courtyard fountain.

The two men hurried to the bench.

"Senator Organa," Obi-Wan called.

The man stood as the two Jedi approached.

"Obi-Wan, Anakin. Padmé was taken to the med center." Bail Organa's voice was weak, and he had a small cut on his left cheek. "An explosive device was detonated in her platform. It was completely destroyed, and several other nearby platforms, as well as the corridor, were severely damaged. Fortunately, Chancellor Palpatine had called an unscheduled recess only moments before the explosion."

This last statement fell on deaf ears as Anakin and Obi-Wan fled to the med center in search of Padmé.

The med center was in utter chaos when the two men arrived. Anakin recognized several of Padmé's colleagues milling through the corridors, awaiting medical attention. He and Obi-Wan frantically searched every treatment room, but to no avail. Anakin felt his throat constrict with fear as a familiar feeling crept over him. It was the same feeling he had when Cliegg told him that Tusken Raiders had taken his mother - a feeling of helplessness.

Please, not my angel, too, Anakin pleaded silently, his heart pounding furiously in his ears.

Then, from the far end of the corridor, he heard a sound that made him go weak in the knees with relief.

"For the last time, I demand to be released. My injuries are minor, and I have to return to the Senate complex. We must launch an investigation into this attack, and time is of the essence. Furthermore?"

Anakin and Obi-Wan followed the sound of Padmé's infuriated voice. When they entered the treatment room, Anakin gasped. Padmé's arm was pinned against her body with a soft sling, and a healer was applying bacta to a pair of cuts on her face. A very distressed, but apparently unhurt, Jar-Jar was standing in the corner of the room, gulping nervously at the Senator's display of anger. When Padmé saw her husband, she abruptly switched the target of her tirade.

"Anakin, would you please explain to this healer that I must return to the Senate building. I have neither the time nor the inclination to remain in this ward when the attacker is out there," Padmé snapped at her husband.

Having finished applying the bacta, the healer grumbled under her breath slightly as she turned to face Anakin.

"As I have repeatedly tried to tell to your wife, her injuries are indeed minor. She has a sprain and a few cuts and abrasions. However, she also suffered a slight concussion from the falling debris. It would be in her best interest to remain here overnight to ensure there are no complications. I will leave you two alone for a moment. Maybe you can convince her that her health should be her primary concern," she said as she jerked her head impatiently at a furious Padmé before she strode from the room.

Certain that Padmé wou

23. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    First of all Anakin go with your gut feeling, you sense that he is evil so STAY AWAY FROM HIM. That evil papatine buttering Anakin up to make him leave the order I fear.

I thought you did an excellent job in describing the events and I like how you protrayed Padme here alot. Subborn but yet I like how Anakin can handle her. :D

24. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Wow... talk about heavy. Especially the last bit with Boba. Hey I like this ;) Definitely a keeper for my listing of stories!! :D :D Great work Gina!!

Love the little snit between Anakin & Padme, that was juz great. My fav was the little bit between Palpy & Anakin. That was juz soooo cool!

Keep up the good work!! :D Looking forward to the next installment!

25. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    This is a great story. I can't wait to see what else happens. Obi-Wan and the mystery lady, now that is very interesting. I like the fact that Anakin is still a Jedi and Obi-Wan and Anakin are friends. Great work, I hope to read more very soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.