main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    The assassin was Boba Fett? I wasn't expecting that, never thought that he could use the accelerated growth treatment.

Loved the interaction between husband and wife, it was totally in character.

I wonder if Anakin will voice his momentary feeling about the Chancellor to Obi-Wan?

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another amazing chapter! The interaction between Anakin and Padme was excellent, you really nailed it! I HOPE that Anakin will tell Obi-Wan about his feelings regarding Palpatine. Or that Palpatine just gets killed on his way home from work one day, either way I'm happy! I cannot wait to see what is next!

3. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Yippee! Padme's okay! :D

Why'd you have to go and scare me like that, huh? :p Darn evil cliffies...

4. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Liked the fact they tracked Padmé down by the sound of her complaining that she wasn?t badly injured, she still had all her limbs and at least half her blood was still inside her! Was a very brave guard at the Senate to block Anakins way though.

Well...isn?t it just the most fortunate coincidence that dear Palpy called a recess at that point. :)

Not sure why Boba would hate Skywalker and Kenobi, want to gut Mace Windu slowly yes but not sure what specifically Anakin and Obi-Wan did to him.

5. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Excellent chapter, Gina!

Jazz

6. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Good! Anakin senses something amiss about Palpatine. I hope this means he won't fall under his spell...

The plot thickens. I can't wait for more. :D

~Jedikma :)

7. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Siri! Siri! Siri! Siri! Siri! Siri! Siri! Please let her be Siri :D :D

I will becme your servant, just pleaaase let it be Siri, then, this fic will be perfect :D
    C'mon, you know you need a servant to fufil your bidding, i work for Obi/Siri fics :D

8. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    i want to know who Obi's lover is already!

9. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    *hovers over Anakin with metal rod in hand*

Realize it! Realize it! Realize it! Realize it! You idiot!!!!

Glad Padme's ok. :)

*takes Haruko's guitar and whacks Boda Fett* Why you! Worrying Anakin like that! How dare you! :mad:

10. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Great chapter, Gina! I'm so happy Padme survived and will be all right. And much as I love Anakin, I'm going to have to swat him over the head if he doesn't start to pay attention to his feelings and hunches.

I mean, the Force is practically telling him Palpy's evil-I sure hope he listens. To be fair, I guess it would be hard to imagine that someone you've looked up to and who has always treated you well is really evil incarnate, but still, you'd think he'd learn at some point.

I like that Boba was the assassin, or at least would-be assassin. I'm not sure exactly whay he has against Obi-Wan and Anakin in particular, unless he just blames them for starting the whole mess.

And I'm trying to figure out why Palpy wants Anakin around the Senate, unless it's to try to bring him under his influence more directly. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

Kristeh

11. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    This is so great!!!!

12. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great one! :)

13. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    CrystalKenobi

Unfortunately, Anakin will find it difficult to trust his momentary doubts concerning the man who has been like a mentor to him.

I thought you did an excellent job in describing the events and I like how you protrayed Padme here alot. Subborn but yet I like how Anakin can handle her.

Thanks! :)

Kynstar

Thank you! [face_blush]

Glad you are enjoying it!

MY-T-Chewbacca

Thanks! :D

Obi-Wan and the mystery lady, now that is very interesting.

The identity of the mystery lady will be revealed in a few more chapters. ;)

Sabe126

Loved the interaction between husband and wife, it was totally in character.

Thank you! [face_blush]

Anakin is so consumed by what happened and the other turmoil in his life at the moment, he is unable to trust his momentary feeling about the Chancellor. He still sees him as a friend, someone who has always shown an interest and concern for him.

VaderLVR64

Wow! Thank you.

Or that Palpatine just gets killed on his way home from work one day,

Grrr?.wouldn't that be great! [face_devil]

mixza

Why'd you have to go and scare me like that, huh?

Sorry! :p

Thanks for reading!

_JM_

Was a very brave guard at the Senate to block Anakins way though.

Very brave indeed.

Well...isn?t it just the most fortunate coincidence that dear Palpy called a recess at that point.

Very coincidental? ;)

Not sure why Boba would hate Skywalker and Kenobi

I always imagine Boba as hating the Jedi in general, not just specifically Obi-Wan and Anakin - or even Mace Windu (in the AoTC novelization, he doesn't appear to know exactly which Jedi killed Jango). However, I imagine his feelings toward Obi-Wan and Anakin as being somewhat strong. After all, they were quite the thorn in Jango's side. Obi-Wan tracked him to Kamino for their little confrontation and then followed him to Geonosis when he fled, and Obi-Wan and Anakin's interference thwarted Jango's final mission ? to eliminate Padmé.

Jazz_Skywalker

Hi, there! Thanks again for your help! You are an amazing beta!

Jedikma

Good! Anakin senses something amiss about Palpatine. I hope this means he won't fall under his spell...

Well? [face_mischief]

Thanks for your comments!

Alixen

Hi! Thanks for reading and for your comments!

As far as the mystery woman, I will admit that it is not Siri, but that's all I'm admitting? ;)

Vivid_Scripts

i want to know who Obi's lover is already!

Soon!! :D

JediStarMoonstruck

Boba deserves a good whacking. :p

kristeh

To be fair, I guess it would be hard to imagine that someone you've looked up to and who has always treated you well is really evil incarnate,

Exactly!!

I'm not sure exactly whay he has against Obi-Wan and Anakin in particular, unless he just blames them for starting the whole mess.

To me, Boba would resent them for thwarting Jango's assignment to kill Padmé, thus "tarnishing" his father's reputation. Also, I imagine him as hating the Jedi in general for his father's fate.

diamond_pony2002

Thank you! :D

LaYa_

14. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003

Absolution

Chapter 7
    Decisions

His breathing quickened as he walked along the corridor, the thunder of his own heartbeat drowning out the words of the man beside him.

"Anakin, you haven't heard a word I've said," Obi-Wan admonished.

"Sorry, Master," Anakin replied automatically.

Sighing in frustration, Obi-Wan stepped in front of his apprentice, halting the young man's progress. "Anakin, try to relax. Remember your breathing."

Anakin nodded slowly as he closed his eyes. He inhaled deeply several times, then opened his eyes and looked at his master. "It's time," he said. Then, the men strode purposefully to their destination.

Due to the Senate attack and Padmé's injuries, the Council had granted a postponement to Anakin's hearing. Grateful for the brief reprieve, Anakin had brought a sore and aching Padmé home from the med center the previous morning and had spent the entire day with his family, except for the standard hour he had slipped away while Padmé napped and Dormé watched the twins. He didn?t want to leave, but with his hearing the next day, he knew he had no choice. Throughout the day, the Council and his decision had weighed heavily on his mind, and he wanted to discuss the matter with his wife, but it just never seemed to be the right moment.

Now however, the inevitable had arrived.

The door of the Council Chambers hissed open, and master and apprentice walked reverently to the center of the room. As he stood facing the Jedi Council, Anakin once again felt like that frightened little boy who had stood on this very spot just over ten years ago waiting, like now, for the wise Jedi Masters to pass judgment upon him.

"Anakin," Mace Windu began, "there is no question that you are strong in the Force. Your abilities are astonishing, and you would no doubt be one of the most powerful Jedi in the history in the Order. However, your actions have violated one of our Order's most fundamental codes. There are reasons that attachments are forbidden for Jedi, Anakin. Having a family would serve as a distraction both during a Jedi's training and during missions, and family members could potentially be used as hostages or leverage by ?"

"Excuse me, Master Windu," Anakin interrupted, "but I have something to say which may help to shorten these proceedings."

Shocked at the interruption, the Jedi Master stared silently at the young man for several moments.

"Proceed," he finally said.

Anakin took a deep breath, aware of the numerous pairs of eyes watching him curiously, including those of his master.

"From the moment Qui-Gon brought me here, becoming a Jedi Knight has been my life, my purpose. This path has often times been more difficult for me than others, and I'm certain it is because I began my training at such a late age. I had memories of being part of a family and I missed having that bond with another being. When I met Padmé, I knew that we were meant to be together. Even though I knew the Jedi Code forbids this form of attachment, I could not bear to let her go. The idea of not being with her caused me physical pain. I went against that Code, and I have never regretted my decision. I am certain that our union was the will of the Force. Now, we have a family together. A few days ago, I almost lost part of that family."

Anakin paused and risked a glance at Obi-Wan. The older man was looking at him with such sadness and defeat, as if sensing what his Padawan was about to do. Anakin turned once again to face the Council.

"It is clear to me now that I must make a choice," he announced, fighting to keep the tremor from his voice.

Anakin unclipped his lightsaber from his utility belt and stared down at it as he cradled it lovingly in his hands. Then, to the astonishment of all those present, he strode forward, knelt down, and placed the weapon he had so painstakingly crafted at the feet of the Council members. Then, without another word, he rose and exited the room.

Obi-Wan moved swiftly along the corridor, jostl

15. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    does this mean that Anakin and Padme live happily ever after, build a white picket fence, and have BBQ's every sunday? :D :p

But there are still loose ends to tie up. Now that Anakin has cut himself from the Jedi Order, he is all the more vulnerable to Sidious... I hope Palpatine has nothing to do with Anakin's "healing"...

16. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi-Wan... having to see his promise and friend walk out. And on harsh parting as well.

Perhaps they'll still be able to be friends... Guess we'll see!! Great work! I bet Anakin floored the Council with his giving up and leaving!! hehehehe I could almost see Windu's face!!! hehehehe

Awsome work! :D Can't wait for more!

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! VERY powerful post! I loved it, it was perfect.

Anakin unclipped his lightsaber from his utility belt and stared down at it as he cradled it lovingly in his hands. Then, to the astonishment of all those present, he strode forward, knelt down, and placed the weapon he had so painstakingly crafted at the feet of the Council members. Then, without another word, he rose and exited the room.

I do feel a bit badly for Obi-Wan, though. He seems caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. I cannot wait to read more...so get your writing butt in gear! Loved it!

18. MamaShmi

MamaShmi Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2004
    Loved it, I thought it very much in Anakin's character.

"Yes, the precious Code. Always do what we're ordered to do, regardless of friendships, loyalty or feelings. Well, I'm no longer bound by that Code. I chose to follow my heart instead of following the rules." Anakin stared at his former master, the sense of betrayal etched on his face. "You should try it sometime."

OUCH! That hurt, and there was a bit of truth in his words, which made them hurt all that much more. Great job.

19. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Wow. So this means Anakin/Padmé live happily forever? :p Don't know why, but I don't think so..

Anyway, great chapter ;)

Post soon ;)

20. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    What will Anakin do now that he has left the Order? Will Palpatine seize his chance? I don't think that Anakin will forgive Obi-Wan very easily. Maybe his comments will force Obi-Wan to contact this mysterious person from his past? Looking forward to finding out!

21. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Interrupting Mace Windu? Is that healthy? :)

Nice dramatic resignation.

I can understand Obi-Was confusion, he was ready to fight the council as Qui-Gon had so many times and stand firm with Anakin against them...but then Anakin just resigned. Not what Obi-Wan was expecting.

I think Anakin needs to get over himself, damn brat. Of course Obi-Wan knew they were going to expel Anakin but Obi-Wan was hoping they would change their minds. It would hardly help Anakins case and whatever slim chances he had for Obi-Wan to be disciplined and prevented from offering advice and support.

Hmm. If they were going to expel Anakin then the prophecy from [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/15728940]Rules of Engagement[/link] probably doesn?t exist...or they had let Obi-Wan think Anakin was going to be expelled but if Anakin hadn?t interrupted Mace Windu was going to continue what he was saying with ?...however, there is a prophecy...? :p

(I love how this fic and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/15728940]Rules of Engagement[/link] are such wonderful equally plausible AUs of each other)

22. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Poor Obi and Ani!

23. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Another great post! :)

I think Anakin may have hit Obi-Wan where it hurts without even knowing it. ;)

Please don't tell me that Anakin gets involved with Palpatine now. :(

~ Jedikma :)

24. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    *borrows Haruko's guitar again and revs it up*

It's engined powered! :D [face_devil]

*whacks Jedi Council with guitar. whacks Anakin with it also*

I say they're both being stupid! :mad: Anakin shouldn't be leaving the Order and the Council shouldn't have been discussing this in the first place!

*whacks a certain corpse with guitar*

Go near Anakin and I know an alien who would love to meet you. :mad:

25. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    It makes perfect sense that Anakin would want to walk away from the Jedi before the Jedi walked away from him. I have to say I kinda agree with his words to Obi-Wan about following your own heart once in a while. This is a great story, and I love the man Anakin has grown up to be. It is close enough to his "real" character to make it believable, but with some different choices made it has changed his destiny. Hasn't it? PLEASE say it has! Love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.