main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Wow, I could really picture both of those scense in my mind, with the council's shocked expressions, to Obi-Wan's head reeling back as if strucked, from those powerful words Anakin said. No truer words have been spoken to Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan is not the only one who needs to hear those words, I think the council could use those words also. You didn't even have to describe the area around them, could picture that council room and the hallway so well. It was almost like I could hear the words being said also in Ewan and Hayden voices also.

Well done. Look forward to more. :)

2. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    Another great post. I agree with the others that Anakin's action is completely in character. I can't wait for the next chapter.

3. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Wonderful scenes Gina! :D

I just can't tear myself away from this story! Your characters are so true and I can't wait to find out more about this plot that resulted in the explosion.

Looking forward to more!

4. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I am so sorry! :( I must have missed the updates somehow. I don?t know how that happened. :eek:
    Well, better late than never!

Chapter 6:

First of all - nice, long chapter. I forgive you ten times over for that cliffie! You mapped out a lot of the background for this AU with this one - Dooku was dead (Oh no! :_| ) - Palpatine is very much in power. Boba is working for him.

So Palpatine is still trying to hook his claws into Anakin. :mad: The snake. I hope someone throws him into a reactor shaft soon. :mad:

Chapter 7:

Anakin?s decision made me both crow in triumph and shudder in fear. At this point in his life, with the attack on Padmé - deliberately orchestrated to bring out all those passionate, dangerous instincts in him - and an opportune job offer from Sidious - he is more than vulnerable - he is ripe for the plucking! :( On the other hand, it was so good to finally hear him give the Council an ?up yours!? ;) Poor Obi-Wan. Put in the middle. I have a feeling that he would benefit from Anakin?s advice.

5. Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    I am getting caught up on all the posts I have missed. I just read chapters six and seven and loved them. I love the way you seem to capture them all and make it believeable. Great posts!

6. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I can't remember if I have already left feedback and I am too lazy to check so I thought I would do it again just in case.

I love the way you get inside the characters heads. The scenes are wonderful and the dialogue even better.

Great work!

7. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Wow, Anakin caught me by surprise here. I was torn between cheering him on (You go, Ani! You don't need that old Council that never appreciated you anyway!) and being afraid that he's playing right into Palpatine's hands. Though if they'd already made up their minds to expel him, I don't know if Anakin could have changed their minds.

I have a feeling the Council may live to regret that decision, though I'm praying that Anakin won't go dark side here.

I sympathize with Obi-Wan, but couldn't help feeling a little disappointed in him, too. He was caught between a rock and a hard place, but I think his loyalty to Anakin should have come first. He knew Anakin was sweating this out. Couldn't he have found some way to begin preparing him?

I'm really looking forward to more!

Kristeh

8. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    *Gina peeks in at thread, breathes sigh of relief.*

Whew, I was afraid I might have a revolt on my hands for that chapter. :p

Vivid_Scripts

does this mean that Anakin and Padme live happily ever after, build a white picket fence, and have BBQ's every sunday?

Hardly! ;)

Thanks for reading!

Kynstar

I bet Anakin floored the Council with his giving up and leaving!!

He definitely caught them by surprise.

Thanks for your comments! :D

VaderLVR64

Thank you! [face_blush]

I do feel a bit badly for Obi-Wan, though. He seems caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Well put!

MamaShmi

I thought it very much in Anakin's character.

Thank you! :D

OUCH! That hurt, and there was a bit of truth in his words, which made them hurt all that much more.

Exactly. Hearing the truth isn't always easy.

LaYa_

Thank you very much! :)

I really appreciate your comments.

Sabe126

Thanks for your comments. :)

The answers to your questions are coming soon!

_JM_

Interrupting Mace Windu? Is that healthy?

LOL!

Thanks for reading and reviewing. :D

If they were going to expel Anakin then the prophecy from Rules of Engagement probably doesn?t exist

The second part of the prophecy was the absolutely brilliant brainchild of VaderLVR64. She is a gifted author, and I'm thrilled to be writing "Rules" with her. I'm glad you are enjoying both stories.

diamond_pony2002

Poor Obi and Ani!

I know. :(

Thanks for reading!

Jedikma

I think Anakin may have hit Obi-Wan where it hurts without even knowing it.

Most definitely.

Please don't tell me that Anakin gets involved with Palpatine now.

The answer is coming soon. ;)

Thanks for your comments!

JediStarMoonstruck

Anakin shouldn't be leaving the Order and the Council shouldn't have been discussing this in the first place!

I know. :(

Thanks for reading and for your reviews. :D

LukesTheMan

This is a great story, and I love the man Anakin has grown up to be. It is close enough to his "real" character to make it believable, but with some different choices made it has changed his destiny.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words. [face_blush]

I'm glad you are enjoying the story.

CrystalKenobi

Wow, I could really picture both of those scense in my mind

Thank you. I"ll take that as quite a compliment. :D

Obi-Wan is not the only one who needs to hear those words, I think the council could use those words also.

Yes!!!

MY-T-Chewbacca

I agree with the others that Anakin's action is completely in character.

Thank you very much. Characterization is very important to me, so that really means a lot. :)

Thanks for your comments!

tangled_sphere

I just can't tear myself away from this story! Your characters are so true

Wow! Thanks! [face_blush]

I really appreciate that!

leia_naberrie

First of all - nice, long chapter. I forgive you ten times over for that cliffie!

Thank you. ;)

So Palpatine is still trying to hook his claws into Anakin.

Oh, yes!

At this point in his life, with the attack on Padmé - deliberately orchestrated to bring out all those passionate, dangerous instincts in him - and an opportune job offer from Sidious - he is more than vulnerable - he is ripe for the plucking!

That is indeed the heart of the problem. Palpatine knows that his family (Shmi, Padmé) has always been Anakin's weakness, and he isn't afraid to exploit that.

On the other hand, it was so good to finally hear him give the Council an ?up yours!?

Yeah, that was kind of fun to write. :p

Shadowlurker

I love the way you seem to capture them all and make it believeable.

Thank you very much! :) Like I mentioned to MY-T-Chewbacca, making the characters real

9. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Because this chapter is so long, I decided to separate it into two parts. I will post part 2 tomorrow or Thursday. :)

Absolution

Chapter 8
    Healing
    Part 1

Padmé made her way slowly to the couch in the main living area, her muscles screaming slightly in protest. Although she had finally abandoned her sling that morning, the healers had assured her that the soreness, which resulted from being thrown during the explosion, would last for at least another day or so.

"Milady, what are doing out of bed?" Dormé admonished her friend lightly as she moved to help her.

"Dormé, if I have to stay in bed another moment, I will lose my sanity." Padmé winced slightly as she sat down and tried to find a comfortable position. "Besides, I'm too worried about Anakin to rest," she admitted softly.

The handmaiden knelt in front of Padmé, and placed a reassuring hand atop her friend's, which were clenched together tightly on her lap. "Milady, Anakin Skywalker loves you and the children more than anything else in this galaxy. It's obvious by the way he lights up whenever you and the twins enter the room. I know that no matter what that Council of stodgy old Jedi Masters decides, the two of you will not only weather the storm, but grow even stronger."

Padmé wanted to believe these words of encouragement, but the horrible gnawing feeling in her stomach refused to go away. Still, she smiled at her friend. "Thank you, Dormé."

The main door of the apartment hissed open, and both women turned to it instinctively. Padmé's heart fell as she saw the look on Anakin's face. The knot in her stomach doubled in size.

"Oh, Anakin, no," she whispered softly.

Dormé discreetly excused herself from the room to retrieve her cloak. As Anakin moved to sit beside his wife, the handmaiden assured them both that the children were napping peacefully then quietly exited the apartment.

As the door hissed shut behind the handmaiden, Anakin cleared his throat.

"How are you feeling?" he asked awkwardly, trying to delay this conversation as long as possible.

"Anakin, please tell me what happened." Her irritated tone indicated that Anakin's stall tactics were not going to succeed.

He turned slightly to look at her. Padmé could see his face harden, and a muscle began to twitch in his clenched jaw.

"He knew, Padmé." Anakin leaned forward, cradling his head in his hands. "Obi-Wan knew I was going to be expelled from the Order, and he didn't tell me because he had been ordered not to speak to me concerning the matter."

Padmé stared at Anakin in disbelief. "You?you were expelled, and Obi-Wan?knew it was going to happen?"

"I wasn't expelled, Padmé," Anakin corrected her.

"What? But, you just said?Anakin, I don't understand." Padmé shook her head in confusion.

Anakin exhaled wearily then leaned back against the soft cushions. "Padmé, when the hearing began, it became obvious that I was going to be expelled from the Order. Master Windu kept explaining why attachments were forbidden and reminding me that I had violated the Code, but before they could expel me, I voluntarily left the Order."

"You did what? Anakin, how could you just surrender without a fight? Are you ? "

Anakin had to put up a hand to forestall Padmé's surprised exclamations. "Please, let me explain, Padmé."

She looked at him, the pain and exhaustion of the last several months evident in his eyes, and her anger began to dissolve. She nodded slowly, urging him to continue.

"The day of the explosion, I was in the Jedi Archives. That morning, I kept having this ominous sense of premonition, like something terrible was going to take place. When the explosion happened, I was overcome by a feeling that I can't even begin to describe, Padmé." He paused as his voice began to crack slightly as the memories of that moment washed over him.

"I?I felt your pain and your fear. It wasn't a fear for your own safety, Padmé. It was a fear for the children and for me ? a fear of having to let us go, a fear of not being he

10. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Ok, just because Anakin is now working for Palpatine doesn't mean he will fall into the trap. *looks hopeful* This could be the way he fulfills the prophacy. Sure, that's it! :D

Great post---can't wait for the rest!

~Jedikma :)

11. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Okay, wonderful scene between Anakin and Obi-Wan and another great scene between Anakin and Padme. You did a great job of capturing their personalities.

I wonder where Obi-Wan is going? Hmmm....

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh so sweet! Those 2! :) I do hope he can come to forgive Obi... the man does love him. Working for Palpy now, eh? Ummm good and bad things can come from that. Guess we'll see which it will be?

Great job!!! :D :D

13. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    could you imagine Master Yoda trying to outrun me because he can't stand to look at another holograph of the children?"

ROTFL at that image! :) Another wonderful post. At least Anakin realises that he will forgive Obi-Wan in time. His thoughts at being parted from him were very moving.

And now Anakin is going to work for Palpatine!!! To quote numerous characters, 'I have a bad feeling about this!'

14. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Awwwwww that was a wonderful and so sweet chapter! Now I want part 2. :)

15. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Oh, I really loved how Padme and Anakin were reassuring each other. And I'm glad Anakin understands that his family is the most important thing. As long as he has them, he won't go too far wrong, I think.

The image of Yoda hiding from Daddy Anakin is just hilarious, a nice little comic touch. And I'm interesting to see how Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship develops from here on, now that they're no longer Master and Padawan, or even fellow Jedi.

Hope Anakin working for Palpatine will turn out well. Hopefully, it will give him a little more insight into how Palps really works.

Looking forward to the rest!

Kristeh

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Padmé gently lifted his face with her hands, wanting to look into his eyes, to tell him that she loved him, too. As she gazed into those blue orbs, however, mere words didn't seem to be enough. As she struggled to find a way to express everything she felt for this man, the father of her children, Anakin could feel the waves of emotion emanating from his wife, and it filled him with utter peace.

"I know," he assured her as he covered her mouth with his own.

Okay, can I cry now? This was so moving, so wonderfully expressed that I just wanted to cry. Whether I did or not is a secret and I'm not telling! Beautiful! You really captured what it COULD HAVE BEEN so well. Great job, I can't wait to see what comes next!

17. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    Okay, can I cry now? This was so moving, so wonderfully expressed that I just wanted to cry. Whether I did or not is a secret and I'm not telling! Beautiful! You really captured what it COULD HAVE BEEN so well. Great job, I can't wait to see what comes next! -Kim

Heh. Kim pretty much summed up everything I was about to say- this chapter was wonderful, and it really does create the illusion that Anakin and Padme can live happily ever after. Unfortunately, evil is still out there (glares at Palpatine)

18. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Liked Dormé?s reassurances to Padmé about how much Anakin loves her.

Also liked Padmé?s perspective on Obi-Wan?s actions.

Loved the idea of Yoda fleeing the horror of the baby-pictures... ?When 900 years old you reach, look at pictures you will not...hmmm??

Anakin working for Palpatine could backfire on old-Palpy, I get the impression that Anakin would be so efficient in carrying out his security duties that Palpatines covert activities would be very badly hindered. Palpatine wants to poison an annoying senator...Anakin stops the plot. Palpatine wants to accidentally lock some security doors to stop someone attending a vote...Anakin fixes the security doors...etc. :)

19. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    I too quote characters who have said "I have a bad feeling about this." :( :( :( Wonder what Paplatine is going to do with Anakin at his side all the time now. :mad:

*starts preping Haruko's guitar* [face_devil]

20. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Dorme is such a dear... O:)

I accepted his offer to serve as Head of Security for the Senate."

:eek: [face_worried] [face_worried] :eek: No Anakin No! :eek: [face_worried] [face_worried] :eek:

They couldn't have the Chosen One running around the Temple with...well, um?a big grin on his face all the time.

[face_duh] Heaven forbid! :mad:

The A/P mush at the end was so... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

21. SenatorHermione

SenatorHermione Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2004
    I do hope Anakin can forgive Obi-Wan. He needs to but he is right, it will take time.

Wonderful story! Anakin would leave the order before they left him.

Also the part about Padme imagining Yoda running to avoid Anakin was hilarious.

I can't wait for part 2~

22. Gina

Jun 3, 2003

Jedikma

Ok, just because Anakin is now working for Palpatine doesn't mean he will fall into the trap. *looks hopeful*

[face_mischief] [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading and for your reply!

AnakinsHeir

You did a great job of capturing their personalities.

Thank you very much! :)

Kynstar

I do hope he can come to forgive Obi...

Don't worry, he will! ;)

Sabe126

His thoughts at being parted from him were very moving.

Thank you! [face_blush] I'm glad you liked it.

LaYa_

Thanks so much! :D

Part 2 is coming very soon.

kristeh

The image of Yoda hiding from Daddy Anakin is just hilarious, a nice little comic touch.

Thank you! Humor is definitely not my strong point, so I'm glad you thought it worked. :)

And I'm glad Anakin understands that his family is the most important thing.

Unfortunately, he may understand that too well?

VaderLVR64

This was so moving, so wonderfully expressed that I just wanted to cry. Whether I did or not is a secret and I'm not telling!

[face_blush] [face_blush]

That's so sweet!! Thank you. I truly appreciate that. :D

Vivid_Scripts

Thanks!

Unfortunately, evil is still out there

Yep!! ;)

_JM_

Anakin working for Palpatine could backfire on old-Palpy, I get the impression that Anakin would be so efficient in carrying out his security duties that Palpatines covert activities would be very badly hindered. Palpatine wants to poison an annoying senator...Anakin stops the plot. Palpatine wants to accidentally lock some security doors to stop someone attending a vote...Anakin fixes the security doors...etc.

LOL!!

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your comments. :D

JediStarMoonstruck

Wonder what Paplatine is going to do with Anakin at his side all the time now.

Well? [face_mischief] [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading and for your reply.

leia_naberrie

Dorme is such a dear

Yes, she certainly is.

Glad you like the A/P mush. :)

SenatorHermione

Also the part about Padme imagining Yoda running to avoid Anakin was hilarious.

Thank you!

I'm glad you are enjoying the story. :D

23. Fated2Bdespised

Fated2Bdespised Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2004
    Ok, what have I missed? LOL

Really great job with the story! Wonderfull as always, of course I don't think you can write anything bad.

I will continue lurking!

24. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm sorry. I've been a bad reader. Can you ever forgive me? :)

I'm glad I got caught up! I missed alot. Like Fated2Bdespised said: "I don't think you can write anything bad." I happen to agree with it 100%! Keep up the good work! @};-

25. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Fated2Bdespised

Really great job with the story! Wonderfull as always, of course I don't think you can write anything bad.

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

That is so kind!! You made my day! :D

Thanks so much for reading. I really appreciate it.

VadersMistress

[face_blush] Thank you! [face_blush]

I'd like to thank all those who nominated this story for Best AU. It really does mean a lot to me to know that you are enjoying this story, and I want you to know how much I truly appreciate it. THANK YOU!!! [face_love] [:D] [:D]

Here's Part 2.

Absolution

Chapter 8
    Healing
    Part 2

Obi-Wan exited the turbolift and paused briefly outside the door to the Skywalker apartment, gathering his courage for the task ahead. Even now, days later, Anakin's words to him in the Temple still pierced his core, but Obi-Wan knew that the pain only lingered because there was indeed a truth behind the young man's accusations. However, no matter how much his pride had been wounded, resolving this rift with Anakin weighed heavily on his heart.

He pressed the chime next to the door to announce his arrival. After several minutes, the door finally opened to reveal a harried-looking Padmé. She was carrying both twins, one cradled in each of her arms.

"Obi-Wan, how wonderful to see you."

At her sincere smile, Obi-Wan relaxed slightly.

"Thank you, but I am ashamed for not coming much sooner, milady. I was hoping to speak with Anakin," he told her as he reached out to lightly tickle Luke's chin, amazed at much the boy had grown in his four standard months of life. Luke cooed in delight.

"I'm afraid he isn't here, but I am expecting him to return soon. You are welcome to wait, of course." Padmé explained.

"Thank you." Obi-Wan hesitated before continuing. "Actually, I was also hoping to speak with you. I'm afraid I have a favor to request of you, milady."

"Of course, as long as you don't mind helping with the twins' breakfast."

Obi-Wan balked slightly as she placed Luke in his arms.

"Breakfast?" he mumbled uncertainly. The Jedi Master knew this was an area in which he certainly lacked expertise. Nevertheless, he followed Padmé as she led the way to the kitchen area. When he glanced down at Luke, he saw a familiar glint in the boy's eyes. Obi-Wan got an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. He had seen that same look many times on Anakin's face, usually before he was about to walk blindly into the snare of one of the young man's schemes or pranks.

Obi-Wan looked up to make sure Padmé was too far away to overhear him, then he whispered firmly to Luke. "I've seen that look before, my boy, and I know what you are thinking. I feel I must warn you that I have faced far more worthy adversaries than you." Obi-Wan reflected that his voice sounded more confident than he felt.

At the man's words, Luke squealed and let out a fit of giggles. Obi-Wan stared in wide-eyed fear at the baby in his arms. "I have a bad feeling about this," he mumbled as he followed Padmé dutifully to his doom.

Sometime later, Anakin strode into the apartment. "Padmé? I'm home," he called, his voice echoing through the apartment.

Instead of Padmé, Anakin was surprised to see Obi-Wan, emerging from the kitchen area, wiping a substance that looked suspiciously like strained fruit from his face, hair and tunic with a small towel. Anakin's mouth twitched at the sight, and he made a mental note to buy the offending twin a special present later.

His argument with his former master had been on his mind for days, and he was grateful for the opportunity to clear the air between them. However, Anakin Skywalker was not used to apologies. He cleared his throat awkwardly, unsure where to begin.

"I?I see Padmé decided to try solid food again, " he said, deciding to take the indirect route. He stuck his index finger into the large glob on Obi-Wan's forehead and touched it to his tongue. "Mmm. Shurra fruit," he said as he smacked his lips appreciatively.

B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.