main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Yay! Their relationship is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Ani is so cute with the twins! I always love stories where Obi helps them take care of the babies! They're all so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I loved Obi-Wan with Luke. Too cute! :)

Next chapter we find out who this mysterious woman is that Obi-Wan must find? *looks hopeful*

I still don't like this job Anakin has with Palpatine! ;)

Can't wait for the next post! :D

~ Jedikma :)

3. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Good job, Gina! It's always funny to see Obi-Wan with the young twins. And I'm glad Anakin and Obi-Wan resolved their disagreement.

But Anakin trusts Palpatine way too much! NO, ANAKIN, NO!!! He's evil!!! I sure hope Anakin figures that out in time. I was getting chills when Anakin was defending him to Obi-Wan, who I think made a wise choice in not arguing with him at this point. Right now, Anakin would not believe his friend, and it would probably drive him closer to Palps and make him less inclined to listen to Obi-Wan later.

You're making nervous about something happening to the little Skywalker family, you know. I do hope they'll be all right!

Kristeh

And congratulations on Best AU noms! :) It's a great story!

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I LOVED this chapter! Although I am a bit worried about Anakin...

I know there was a whole bunch of great stuff in this post, but with my wicked sense of humor this was my favorite:

"Don't worry, Anakin. You're not getting rid of me that easily. After all, I have to make sure that those children of yours are exposed to at least one positive, respectable, prank-free adult male influence," he teased.

Ain't it the truth? Another wonderful post, fully deserving of its nominations!

5. jazz

jazz Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2003
    Hey, awesome chapter! I loved it!

A very sleepy,
    jazz

6. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm with Obi-Wan on this: I am well worried about the corspe so close to Anakin as well.

Maybe he should talk to Padme, who will in turn talk to Anakin? *hopeful* Someone needs to talk sense into him.

Wonder what's Obi-Wan's trip is about?

7. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Enjoyed that Obi-Wan recognised the look on Luke?s face, and that Luke didn?t take any notice of Obi-Wan?s warning (but when has Luke ever let Obi-Wan tell him what to do ;) ). Also liked Anakins decision to buy whichever twin splattered Obi-Wan a present.

Agree that it was wise of Obi-Wan to leave the argument over Palpatine for another less tense time. Hopefully this won?t be too late for it to make a difference.

Glad that Anakin thanked Obi-Wan for all he has done for him and that Obi-Wan told Anakin how proud he was of the man Anakin had become.

Hmm. The mystery continues with Obi-Wan and the decision he regrets.

8. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Oh.... now they're fine :D And this was a sweet post! :)

Great... ;) Looking forward for more :)

9. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Ha ha ha...I loved Obi-Wan with Luke. Too cute. And of course when Anakin offered to by whoever splattered Obi-Wan a present was just too funny. SO very Anakin.

I hope Obi-Wan gets to have that talk with Anakin. Someone needs to whip him into shape and I think Obi-Wan is perfect for it.

Wonderful post!

[face_love]

10. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh no! Anakin has misinterpreted Palpatine's anger! At least he and Obi-Wan are friends again. The image of Obi-Wan covered in baby food was hilarious! :) Can't wait to find out where Obi-Wan is going!

11. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Well, I'm glad Obi-Wan and Anakin have made up. :D

12. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
  13. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Wonderful Gina!!!

'Of your younglings, I have heard enough' [face_laugh] Can't wait for the next part!

14. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    hmmm...

up to top

when will we learn the identity of Obi-Wan's secret woman?

update soon(?)

15. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Hi, everyone. I just wanted to let you know that there will probably not be a post until sometime next week. We were hit by a small tornado Sunday evening. No one was hurt, and the damage was all outside, but we are still dealing with clean-up, insurance adjusters, repair/replacement estimates, etc... Anyway, needless to say, I haven't been and won't be online much this week.

Thanks again for reading.

When I am able to post the next chapter, here's a little teasr: There will be a few answers regarding Obi-Wan's mystery woman.

Thanks again!
    Gina

16. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Well glad everyone is alright!! Yeah... it's 'nado season here too. Being in Tornado alley for most my life, it isn't something one gets used too. Seen 3 in my life (safely in the air thankfully). Beautiful work of Mother Nature, but disastrous effects... So glad that you and yours are safe and sound!!

17. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I, too, have lived in Tornado Alley all my life and been fortunate enough to not have suffered any damage personally. It is unbelievable the devistation that can happen!

So glad to hear everyone is ok and that the you didn't suffer great loss.

You can count on me for the next post--whenever it shows up! ;)

Take care!

~ Jedikma :)

18. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Hey, I hope you guys can get that all fixed up easily. I've never been struck by one (yet - Murphy's Law), but some of my friends have and they've told me all about it.

Good luck,
    JS

19. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Glad everyone is ok.

20. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Your loyal readers will be waiting for you. No fears!

21. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    ^ Exactly ;) We will wait for you ;) And for a new post ;)

22. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    I'm so glad you guys are alright! Good luck with everything, that sounds so stressful!

Looking forward to hearing more about this mystery woman. ;)

23. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Oh, tornadoes are so frightening! I'm very glad to hear you're all right, Gina! Take care, and I hope to see you soon.

Kristeh

24. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Uppers! O:)

Looking forward to more!!!

25. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Thanks everyone for your well wishes. We finally have things repaired and back under control. Again, I appreciate your kind words. :) [face_love]

Absolution

Chapter 9
    Ghosts of the Past

The stars turned into brilliant streaks of light as the ship made the jump to hyperspace. Obi-Wan settled back in the pilot's chair and picked up a data pad. He began to peruse the information he had painstakingly gathered regarding his destination.

Aerion, located on the Inner Rim, was a prosperous planet. The government, realizing the value of the planet's natural springs and favorable climate, had offered generous subsidies to individuals and corporations willing to construct luxury spas and resorts, and the resulting spa towns had become a holiday haven of choice for the galaxy's wealthy and elite.

This in turn had benefited the planet's citizens by providing employment at the resorts and increased revenue for merchants. Some families even created thriving businesses by using the natural resources of the springs to create and distribute health products.

When his eyes finally grew tired of reading, Obi-Wan placed the data pad in his lap and stared out the view port. He had waited so long for this day that he had given up hope that it would ever arrive. He could still scarcely believe that he was making this bold journey. He smiled to himself at his impetuousness. Anakin would be pleased, he thought.

As the ship finally came out of hyperspace, Obi-Wan put aside the data pad and grasped the controls. He felt his heart thundering in his chest as he took in the blue and green gem before him. He navigated the ship through the planet's atmosphere, hoping the information he and Dex had gathered was correct. After receiving clearance to land, he set the ship down in a bustling docking bay. He gathered a few belongings then made his way to a small building in the center of the circular bay.

Obi-Wan waited patiently as the dock master, a robust man with a friendly, booming voice, completed a transaction with a Twi'lek. When the dock master turned to face him, Obi-Wan handed him a fee for three days.

"Would you by chance know where I could find the Thealon family?" the Jedi Master asked as the dock master counted the credits.

"Of course," the man answered with a laugh. "Everyone knows the Thealon family. They live in the Ryske district, just on the edge of town."

Obi-Wan thanked the man profusely then walked out of the building to a line of air taxis. He told the driver his destination and settled back against the seat, filled with a surge of anticipation. On the journey, he marveled at the quaint streets, filled with pedestrians enjoying a lunch out in the warm sun or browsing the wares of the local merchants. Perched on the mountain rising behind the small village, Obi-Wan could see one of the planet's famous resorts.

After a while, the crowds on the street lessened, and the numerous shops gave way to private residences. The driver came to a stop outside a pristine white cottage with red Rosa flowers climbing along the exterior, their presence giving the home a soothing, welcoming appearance. Obi-Wan smiled to himself as he remembered that these were her favorite flower.

He paid the driver and began to slowly make his way up the entrance path to the cottage, his heart beating faster with every step. He reached the door, his finger hovering nervously over the chime. Taking a deep breath, he pressed the button to summon the cottage's occupants, hearing a trio of notes reverberate through the home.

When no one appeared at the door, a disappointed Obi-Wan had just started to turn away when he heard footsteps approaching. The door opened, and Obi-Wan started to utter a greeting but was stunned into silence as the figure emerged from the shadows of the doorway. Standing in front of him was a boy who appeared to be about 14 years of age with wheat-colored hair, just tinged with a reddish hue, but what startled Obi-Wan the most were his eyes. As he looked into the piercing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.