main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Absolution (Ep. III era AU; Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padmé, OCs)- Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Sorry to hear about the tornado, Gina ? what rotten luck! :( But I am glad that everything?s sorted out and you?re back to writing again! :D

Now about the post and the cliffie ending:

OHMYGOD!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I want an update NOW! :D

=D= for totally unexpected twist. I did not see that one coming! [face_shocked] You can?t leave us hanging there... [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated] You can?t!

2. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Hey Hey!!!

Bad cliffie!!! You can't leave us there!!! I want an update NOW :p

Lol, btw, good post :)

3. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Wow, looks like Obi-Wan's gotten a little more than he bargained for! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Kristeh

4. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Great twist Gina!!! :eek: I did not see that coming! Wow, Obi-Wan is in for a few surprises on the world Aerion

Love this moment: Obi-Wan realized that he was looking into his own eyes [face_love]

Can't wait to meet this mystery woman. ;)

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh oh! Now this is quite interesting!! Can't wait to find out more!!! (glad to hear things are alright! :) great to hear)

6. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Oooooooooooooo! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Obi-Wan is more like his Padawan than Anakin realizes! [face_laugh]

Yep, must meet the lucky woman! :p Through, what is this about disinterest? o_O

7. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    This is definately surprise!!!! :eek:

Looks like Obi-Wan is surprised, too. 14 years, about the time of the battle of Naboo? Ummmmmm

Just who is this woman?

You simply can't make us wait too long!!!!! :D

~ Jedikma :)

8. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    GINA!

I'm glad to see you're back, esp. after that tornado hit. Im out here in sunny california, so I really dont know much about twisters, but i've seen the sheer amount of damage they can do on TV documentaries, etc, and I'm happy you made it out alright.

This chapter... well it just leaves everyone thirsting for more, doesn't it? Well, well... I say that I love the irony of it all. All this time, Obi-Wan's been struggling with his apprentice when in actuality, he also has a second family outside of the Jedi Order... he just never knew about it...

or did he?

NEW CHAPTER SOON!

9. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Obi-Wan realized that he was looking into his own eyes ? How could you leave it there?!!!!!! Is ?she? still there? You paint a realistic picture of Aerion. More soon please?

10. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    The boy looked at the visitor briefly. "She said you would come one day," he said with an air of disinterest. Then, leaving the door open, he turned and walked wordlessly back into the cottage.

Woah. :eek: What's that about?

11. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    leia_naberrie

I am glad that everything?s sorted out and you?re back to writing again!

Thanks. :)

totally unexpected twist. I did not see that one coming!

I was hoping to catch everyone by surprise. ;)

I hope to have an update up in the next day or so. Thanks again for reading and commenting.

LaYa_

Bad cliffie!!!

[face_devil] [face_devil]
    (Just kidding)

Thanks so much! :D

kristeh

Wow, looks like Obi-Wan's gotten a little more than he bargained for!

Most definitely. ;) Thanks for reading.

tangled_sphere

Wow, Obi-Wan is in for a few surprises on the world Aerion

The surprises are only beginning...

Thanks for your comments. :)

Kynstar

glad to hear things are alright!

Thanks. The twins are now afraid of storms, but other than that, everything is back to normal.

I'm glad you liked the post. :)

JediStarMoonstruck

Obi-Wan is more like his Padawan than Anakin realizes!

LOL! Thanks for reading. :)

Jedikma

Just who is this woman?

The answer (mostly) is in the next post! :D

Vivid_Scripts

Thanks for your well wishes.

Yes, Obi-Wan's situation is most ironic. Glad you liked the chapter. :)

Sabe126

You paint a realistic picture of Aerion.

Thank you! [face_blush] More is coming soon.

mixza

What's that about?

You'll see... ;)

Thanks for reading.

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What? What happened to the rest of the chapter? Because I KNOW you didn't mean to leave us on such an evil cliffie, now did you? I feel some whining coming on, so you better update soon. I can whine with the best of them, I promise I can!

When no one appeared at the door, a disappointed Obi-Wan had just started to turn away when he heard footsteps approaching. The door opened, and Obi-Wan started to utter a greeting but was stunned into silence as the figure emerged from the shadows of the doorway. Standing in front of him was a boy who appeared to be about 14 years of age with wheat-colored hair, just tinged with a reddish hue, but what startled Obi-Wan the most were his eyes. As he looked into the piercing blue orbs, Obi-Wan realized that he was looking into his own eyes.

The boy looked at the visitor briefly. "She said you would come one day," he said with an air of disinterest. Then, leaving the door open, he turned and walked wordlessly back into the cottage.

WOW! That is about all I can say! And yes, Anakin would be thrilled at Obi-Wan's impetuous behavior! MORE SOON?

13. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Good job that Obi-Wan has Dex to help him with getting information, using the Jedi Library could have excited gossip. Sounds like a nice planet.

Poor Obi-Wan though to get that shock if the teenager having ?his eyes? means what we assume. Seems like Obi-Wan should be less concerned with enhancing his technique with his Jedi abilities and more concerned with preventing surprises.

14. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Gina : [face_devil] [face_devil]
    (Just kidding)

Don't worry lol [face_mischief] In my own stories , I'm evil too, I love cliffies (when it's me whowrites the story, of course :p )

15. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    VaderLVR64

Because I KNOW you didn't mean to leave us on such an evil cliffie, now did you?

What? Me? You know I would never do something like that... [face_mischief]

Thanks for your comments. [face_blush] I'm glad you liked the chapter.

_JM_

Glad you liked the descriptions of Aerion. I really wanted to "bring it to life", so to speak. I hope I succeeded. Thanks for reading. :)

LaYa_

I love cliffies

So do I. ;)

Thanks! :D

Okay, here's the next chapter. Again, thanks for reading everyone. :)

Absolution

Chapter 10
    Revelations

Deciding he would receive no more of an invitation, Obi-Wan stepped hesitantly across the threshold. He walked through a small entrance foyer into a small but comfortable living area. The boy who had answered the door was now slouched on a plump settee, engrossed in a handheld hologame. As he heard Obi-Wan approach, he looked at him briefly, his jaw set in anger. Obi-Wan was still staring at him in amazement when he heard a feminine voice calling to the young man.

"Ríane, who was at the door?"

Obi-Wan turned to see a figure emerge from the recesses of the house, drying a plate with a towel. She was young, only in her early thirties, with blonde hair that fell loosely around her shoulders. Her blue eyes were mesmerizing but betrayed a pain and weariness that a woman so young should not have had to endure.

When the woman saw him, she gasped, and the plate slipped from her hand, shattering to the floor. Avoiding his gaze, she quickly bent down and began to pick up the pieces of the broken plate. Obi-Wan knelt down to help her, stealing glances at her as he worked. She looked so much like his memories, yet somehow?different. He stretched out his senses. It wasn't her. But the resemblance is striking?, he thought to himself as he tried to make sense of his confusion.

"Clíona?" he asked hesitantly.

The woman lifted her sad eyes to look at him. "No, I'm Caoilin. Clíona was my sister."

Obi-Wan stared at the woman, his mind slowly registering her words. "Was?" he repeated, a sinking feeling in his stomach.

The woman rose, the plate shards gathered in the hand towel, and looked hard at him.

"My sister died almost 8 years ago."

Padmé Amidala-Skywalker sat in her newly constructed Senate platform, listening to the endless droning of the Senator chosen to speak for the opposition of the taxation bill the Senate had been debating before the attack. She was trying to stifle a yawn when she felt a strange prickle on the back of her neck.

She turned in her seat and saw Anakin standing in the corridor behind her platform entrance, obviously making a security sweep of the Senate Chamber. He looked pointedly at the data pad resting on the seat beside Padmé then winked at her quickly before disappearing from view.

Her spirits lightened, Padmé picked up the data pad. After only a moment, she found his handiwork. As she scanned the words on the screen, a blush began to creep along her neck and face, and she giggled conspiratorially. Just then she heard a disapproving cough emanating from the platform to her left. Padmé smiled apologetically at the admonishing Senator then turned her attention once more to the matter at hand.

Later that evening, Obi-Wan and Caoilin sat at the small table in the kitchen. Grief-stricken, Obi-Wan stared vacantly at the steaming mug he held tightly between his hands.

"I don't understand. How could she not tell me?" he asked as he turned his gaze to the window, watching as the boy tended to his chores in the flower garden.

"She always said that you would find her if that is where your path led you," Caoilin answered, struggling to maintain a tone of civility in her voice. "She could never overcome her Jedi mindset, even after?" She broke off, unable to continue.

Obi-Wan reached out to comfort her, but Caoilin pulled her hand out of his gras

16. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh no! Obi-Wan looks for this woman only to find she is dead! How cruel! :(

So she was once a Jedi, too?

Can't wait for the next post! :D

~ Jedikma :)

17. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
  18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Well, Master Obi-Wan is much more like his padawan than anyone thought!

"I don't understand. How could she not tell me?" he asked as he turned his gaze to the window, watching as the boy tended to his chores in the flower garden.

"She always said that you would find her if that is where your path led you," Caoilin answered, struggling to maintain a tone of civility in her voice. "She could never overcome her Jedi mindset, even after?" She broke off, unable to continue.

Obi-Wan reached out to comfort her, but Caoilin pulled her hand out of his grasp, laughing bitterly.

"You haven't yet earned the right to offer comfort or condolence to any member of this family," she told him.

Very nicely done! I love seeing this side of Obi-Wan and you've made it VERY believable by handling it this way. Another great chapter!

19. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Ack!!!!! :_| No fair! :_|

There's too much bad things going on! (if only the other characters knew about the bad things)! :_|

20. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Believable reaction by Obi-Wan, shock first at having not been informed he was a father and then this doubled when he finds he has not been informed of Clíona?s death.

"You haven't yet earned the right to offer comfort or condolence to any member of this family," she told him.
    Naturally Caoilin is correct to say this. Clíona?s desire to keep Obi-Wan ignorant and Caoilin maintaining that silence has ensured he has been denied the opportunity to earn that right (as well as being denied a chance to know his son without years of bitterness standing between them).

At least there was the nice bit with Anakin sending risqué messages to Padmé. :)

21. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan, what a lot to have to take in. How will the Council react if they find out? What will he decide to do now? Looking forward to finding out what was left to him in the box.

22. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Poor Obi :( :_| That's bad... :(

Anyway, good post :)

23. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi indeed! Well now...I wonder if the kid knows that that is his pops? Ummm and the box... mystery there! Can't wait for more! Great postie!

24. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Too little... too late... :_| :_| :_|
    Riane reminds me of a friend of mine that was in a very, very similar situation in real life. Aloof, contemptous... I hope his and Obi-Wan's story end up better than my friend's.

Good work, Gina! You've certainly opened up a new chapter in this story. I am curious about this woman, Cliona, who she was and why she made the decisions about Obi-Wan and Riane that she did. I am intrigued by her sister, Caoilin and I wonder what role she may play in Obi-Wan's life in latter chapters... :)

25. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    I felt really bad for Obi-Wan, I can't imagine how much this hurts him. But I also feel bad for his son, he's had a hard road as well. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.