main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Accomodation

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Aug 10, 2013.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    This is a topic that's already crept into some of the other threads, so I thought it would be good to make it a separate one.

I've booked the Hilton Wed-Sun, the rest was sold out. I'm hoping that only means that they haven't opened the room blocks for those days fully yet, since I'm planning on being there Mon-Mon. I felt it was just as well to get a reservation in though, and that it can be changed later on,

2. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Since Maulfly and I are doing the whole Disney thing while we're out there (first trip to DL, yay!) we'll book thru the DL site. They won't take anything more than 500 days out, so that puts an April 15 2015 stay as available no earlier than Dec 1 2013. So setting it up around Christmas will be the best bet.

Edit: Hilton and Marriott are considered 'Good Neighbor' hotels, so if you're thinking of spending a day or 2 at DL go ahead and check out the rates, you might get a better deal.

3. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I have no idea where i'm staying, not entirely sure how long of a trip it will be. Kinda scary how everything that can be booked is booked already

4. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998

That is a good idea but that is when I will have to start planning/booking for CCI 2014, so I wanted to get as much of Celebration out of the way as possible. I booked at the Anabella. Does anyone know if that was a good idea or not? I am starting to wish I spent the extra few bucks a night to get a hotel closer to the front of the convention center.

5. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I was booked at the Anabella, but after reading some reviews online, I decided to change. I saw quite a few bad reviews i.e. bugs, small rooms, thin walls (Noisy). I rebooked at a closer hotel for only 10$ per day more!

6. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    I tried to change to the Hilton or Marriott last week but there were no rooms available for all the nights I wanted (14th through the 20th). At this late in the game (20 months away!) it seems only a few random nights are available at any of the official hotels.

Padme501st likes this.
  7. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Well, again, it's waaaay super early, plenty of rooms will open over the next year and a half.

8. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Yes I wouldn't panic. I've booked for the nights that were available at the Hilton, and then I'm counting on being able to add more days closer to the con.

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    So far I'm at the Marriott, but I think we're looking on getting a house nearby.

10. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    The good thing about it being SOOOOOOO long from now, is that as we get closer to the big day, theres going to be alot of rooms opening up! Im gunna check the usual travel sites closer to time, to see what else is out there.

DarthNicholas likes this.
  11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Despite it being ridiculously early, I went and booked for the Marriott Wed-Mon. I'll work out my post-con Disney Land plans later (assuming I can afford to go, as I've never been there, as I usually just go to Disney World almost every year). Had a few friends that were booking there and wanted to get the same building this time around (haven't done so since C2).

The downside is the steep $199 a night rate (about 2-3 times more than I spent on my hotels for C4, C5 or C6 [I forget the prices I paid for 1-3]), but I have a feeling this'll be a big one and wanted to go all-out this time around, even if I'll undoubtedly lament the volume of artwork I probably could have afforded had I gone with a cheaper room. ;)

12. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    A lot of people have mentioned the hotel prices at this celebration but I have to say $199/night doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. Maybe I'm just used to CCI and NYCC prices but I would consider myself damn lucky to find a broom closet in San Diego for $199/night. I guess we'll know for sure when other hotels start accepting reservations in ten months.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well for C4-6 I went with hotels further away that were in the $70-$90/night range and just walked the mile or two to the con (or took a shuttle if it was particularly pouring). Really wasn't bad at all.

I think some of the closer hotels for 5 & 6 were in the $170 range.

I mean, granted, the Marriott is extremely close to the center so I get why it's so much. It's just more than I'm used to. That's like 2 art prints less per day that I can buy now ;).

14. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    I hear ya. I hope they stand by the parts of the "Best Rate Pledge" that say,
    • Other booking channels are monitored to track down rival rates.
    • Rates are lowered when necessary and applied to already-booked rooms.

15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    You can definitely get away cheaper, it's just that after having stayed at the Rosen for CV-CVI I've gotten spoiled and want to be as close to the con centre as possible. I want to be able to run back and forth and change costumes during the day without any hassle.

Grand Admiral Strife likes this.
  16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm more mad because the same hotels during WonderCon are only $110.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

18. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    I have noticed a few time shares available on airbnb. Again it's way too early to book those but it's an option to keep in mind for the future.

19. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    Looks like more rooms are available now at the Hilton and Marriott.

20. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    I was wondering about that. I know it's inevitable that these hotels increase their prices for cons. But for example, that Clarion is $70 on any normal day, but for CVII, it's $159. That seems like a hefty mark up. I wonder if all those other hotels on Harbor and Katella (the non-onpeak ones) will be like that.

21. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002

22. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    If it all possible, I suggest to anyone that is unsure of where to stay, to try and get a room as close to the con as possible! Especially if you dont know the area! After spending all day walking around at the con, ive found it to be really nice having a room just across the street. Besides the short walk back, it makes it convienent to swing by your room and drop off some of the treasures you've picked up! Also try to stay away from themed hotels. The big well known chains are usually better. Im sure there are some exceptions, but after staying a Moroco themed hotel in L.A, i will never do it again! My room was pretty much just a renovated closet!

23. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998

Thanks. I changed to the Hilton. They must have opened a new block of rooms at both those places considering how many rooms are available now.

24. Airdave Jedi

Airdave Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2013
    Just got reservations at the Anaheim Hilton. $900 for 4 days?! o_O By the time I cover all the travel expenses I'll have about $20 to spend at the con! :p I'll be looking for cheaper accommodations next year. Don't get me wrong, the Hilton is a nice hotel, but it's a resort hotel. I just need a place to sleep and keep my stuff.

Of course with my luck I'll spend all this money in 2015 and they'll announce the next show in Dallas or Houston, 3 hours away from me. :rolleyes:

25. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998

Wow, there sure seem to be a lot of people from the Austin area on this board. Maybe we should all rent a bus and road trip to Anaheim.