main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Accomodation

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Aug 10, 2013.

1. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Onpeak says they sent the information to the Marriott at the beginning of the month but "some hotels may not input the reservations into their system until closer to the event" and to check back with the hotel this afternoon. I've never experienced that when traveling for business so I'm not sure what to make of their answer.

Looks like I'm contacting the hotel again this afternoon.

Grimby: when you called the Marriott, did they have your reservation listed in their system? If they had yours I don't see why they wouldn't have mine but I guess I'll find out today.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    They did, but I received an email confirmation from them the day before. So your situation might be different. Hope you get it figured out.

-- Sent from my R2 unit

3. 80ninjas

Apr 25, 2014
    Ah, this has been so fun. Onpeak says my reservation looks good and that they sent it over. Marriott says they don't have me in the system. I think it's got something to do with my last name having a period and a space in it. Probably something with the way the Onpeak system handling my last name and the Marriott system not liking it. It's funny because I have a work trip scheduled for the first week of May, I'm staying at a Marriott there too and I confirmed my reservation with them today.

The latest Onpeak rep I've been speaking with says that the Marriott always takes forever to process the reservation list, so she was calling them for me. Put me on hold and then came back about 10 minutes later to verify how my name was spelled. Been on hold ever since....which was about an hour ago. I'm pretty sure she went to lunch [face_laugh]

Fun times!

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Wow! Customer service definitely leaves a lot to be desired.

-- Sent from my R2 unit

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    At least he/she got to being on hold. Over here (UK) I've had fights with T-Mobile/EE (who bought them) about my mobile broadband and you frequently get cut off. One day I had to tell the same story to four different people and gave up in frustration after getting cut off yet again. (And I was using a land line to call, not a mobile).

6. 80ninjas

Apr 25, 2014
    I had to laugh earlier. It was coming up on two hours on hold so I called them from another line and got through to someone else. Told them I'd been on hold for almost two hours and the lady says, "Wait, you've been on hold for TWO HOURS? That's ridiculous."

They said a manager will call me back "soon." Not really holding my breath. Just to be safe, I booked alternate arrangements outside of onPeak in case this falls through (no charge when booking and can cancel until the 14th). Luckily, I got married at the end of last year and have been dragging my butt on getting my wife's name changed. So I booked the reservation under her name. :D

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I've had EE give me the 'we'll call you back' spiel as well. Don't hold your breath..

8. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Okay. This is my experience this week.
    I was indeed concerned about my reservations so I called On-Peak on Tuesday.
    I was informed that Anaheim Marriott has not received the On-Peak confirmation numbers
    given to us at the time of making our reservations with them. I was informed
    that Anaheim Marriott will have the On-Peak information by the end of the week.
    As of 6:00am EST today, Anaheim Marriott sent me their confirmation of my
    arrival date on April 14th. The email included my complete reservation
    stating that they'll be ready for my arrival.

9. sandra

sandra Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2008
    You want to call your hotel number for your confirmation. OnPeak screwed-up? wrong credit card number..I went to the Hilton,i taken care of it myself. I got a new e-mail confirmation.I am ok now .[:D] mtfbwy

10. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Got here to the Hilton this morning and they've been great so far. I was booked under shared accommodation but because we had arranged both our names to be on the booking I had 0 problems at all getting in. In fact I managed to get checked in at 10am which was way before the 4:30pm scheduled check-in time.

11. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Hello, I 'm going solo to Celebration. I would like a ride Thursday morning from LAX to Convention and rather pay a fellow Star Wars fan than a taxi, anyone that can help, please message me, Thank you!!

12. 80ninjas

Apr 25, 2014
    I'm actually shocked. OnPeak and the Marriott FINALLY figured out my booking issue and I just got my confirmation number. I was able to cancel the alternate reservation I had made under my wife's name without any fee as well.

It took them down to the wire, but all's well that ends well I guess.

whostheBossk likes this.