main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Action Figure News

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthShoey, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Ok, I have a question...(I am full of them lately :D ) Someone posted on rebelscum's forum boards that he found 3 new Unleashed figures. I thought the Unleashed were only going to be the litle figure sets? Has anyone heard of them going back to the larger version? :confused:

2. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    From what I've gathered, it's up in the air. These three< I believe, are Han in Stormtrooper armor, a Shocktrooper and a new Episode III Chewie.

These had been planned and were pushed back when the smaller ones started coming out. There are rumors that since the smaller line seems to warming the pegs, they might go back to the bigger ones permanently.

3. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I also saw on another site I visit that they are releasing the above mentioneded unleashed.

4. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Oh I hope so!! I could really use a Qui-Gon to go with my Obi-Wan and Maul figures!! Maybe I need to start a email blitz... :D

5. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    This from YodaNews regarding the 7" Unleashed

Unleashed Update, Part III

Back on December 22, we reported that the last wave of 7" Unleashed figures would be exclusive to Wal-Mart. We confirmed this information on February 17, and again reported that Wal-Mart will be the only place to find the final three in this very popular series. In the last 24 hours, we received over two dozen e-mails asking if this has changed, and now slated to be a Target exclusive. After checking again, we were told today that rumors of these being a Target exclusive are false, they are still slated for Wal-Mart, and we will be seeing a wide-release return of the line in early 2007. Thanks to all who wrote it about this!

That is all.

6. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Oh that is awesome!! =D=

7. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I picked up the new CLone Wars Gunship over the weekend. I've already got a couple of the Gunships, but the paint deco on this one was just too cool to pass up.

It's painted like the one from the Clone Wars Cartoon.

The Toys R Us in Fairview Heights had 3 or 4 of them left.

8. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    For all the EU fans, Starwarsshop.com has the Kir Kanos + mystery figure two-pack up for pre-order. Also up at EE.

He's the character from the Crimson Empire comic series. Looks like a jazzed up Royal guard with removable helmet!!

9. Jango11

Jango11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2004
    Sideshow pushed back Obi till August. I just received my Anakin, he is awesome. Next week, my General Grevious arrives. I can't wait, it really damaged my wallet though! Seeing this statue at C3, is what got me into these in the first place.

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Darn! Maybe Obi will show up with Qui... :(

11. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Apparently, the new 501st Stormtrooper figure that is a SDCC exclusive will be offered at the hasbrotoyshop website in late July.(July 20th -23rd, I believe)

If you haven't seen this figure, it looks great and comes with a "Vader's Fist" banner the figure can carry.

I think I'm gonna get a couple of these!!

12. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    I've heard not so good things about hasbrotoyshop.com mostly on the "hot" stuff. Site says its in but it isn't, various other things like that. I can imagine ordering this through them will be a pain.

13. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I've never bought anything through them, so I can't say.

I'll give it a try and keep my fingers crossed.

14. Jango11

Jango11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2004
    Am going to Comic Con, if I can get anything I will try.

15. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    The latest Sideshow of Leia looks pretty good you can see here, I just wish I could afford all of the ones I want. LOL.
    Leia as Boushh

Any other News on Obi?

16. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998
    *Vent* I tried ordering the 501st Trooper from hasbrotoyshop.com, everything seemed to go through OK, but found out today, they put me on backorder. It took them that long to figure that out? Geez. *end vent*

Other than that, finally did find Scorch and get my shadow stormie.

17. TK-1161_Curt

TK-1161_Curt Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2006
    I have been told that those have sold out there usually within about an hour every time they make them available.

18. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Steel, that does suck! What a bummer... :(

19. merrick_stoller

merrick_stoller Jedi Master star 2

May 30, 2006
    the new imperial gunner figure has a removeable helmet!!!!

20. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I was able to order mine the first day and it arrived about a week ago. Cool figure! I've read reports all over the place of the site being jammed from people trying to order and according to that, I guess mine went pretty smooth.

I've also seen that there are two versions of this action figure. One has the SDCC logo on the back and the other does not. Hasbro probably did that just to make the variation hunters a little more crazy :)

21. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998
    The 2 versions of the fig I've seen are different on the little name sticker thing on the front. One says something about it being SDCC exclusive the other doesn't have anything.

It says the backorder is scheduled to ship now on 8/16. Holding out hope, but not holding my breath.....lol

22. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    You're correct, mine also says SDCC Exclusive on the front. I've seen several people that got their's through Hasbrotoyshop that are the SDCC ones, however. Must have been a running change.

Good Luck SteelLepp!

23. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Obi is coming!! I got this email today:

Thank you for your pre-order of our 12? Obi-Wan Kenobi ? Sideshow Exclusive (item #21171) from our Star Wars 12-inch Figures Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out item, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 15-18 days.

Sideshow Collectibles will be authorizing your credit card on file with us for this item upon its arrival. Please expect to receive another e-mail in approximately 10-12 days, which will notify you about the processing of your order. If you need to update your credit card, billing and/or shipping address information, or cancel an item/order, PLEASE DO SO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE VIA YOUR ONLINE USER ACCOUNT.

:D

24. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Hey great news that means I hope mine is coming soon from Action Figure express.
    I did get one saying it was 20-25 days for Qui Gon.
    Please post pics ASAP when Obi arrives.

25. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998
    Now I feel like a whiner

Got my 501st Stormtrooper from hasbrotoyshop. Got the "SDCC Exclusive" version. Looks like a very cool figure. Hanging on the wall next to my 501st Legion Trooper from the Ep3 Saga Heros & Villans or Greatest Battles, I forget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.