main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Action Figure News

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthShoey, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    I have to say i really like the mini figure packs. They remind me of the ones I had several years ago with my HOTH set.
    Does anyone know if they are about the same size. My folks have them packed away and do not recall if these are bigger or not.

2. TK-1161_Curt

TK-1161_Curt Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2006
    Has anyone seen any Artoo-Potatoos? I have been looking for one of these for quite a long time. I have heard that they are out there, but I haven't found one. I guess I could always get one online but...

3. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Tripnastic posted at the end of last month he saw some at the Wal-Mart off of Zumbehl Road in St. Peters/Charles. Don't know if they still have them or not...

4. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    My local Wal-Mart had a bunch of two pack Darth Tater/Spudtrooper thingies. But I don't really go after toys anymore cause I need to nurture other interests and save for once. :p

5. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    I ended up getting my Artoo-Potatoo off of Hasbroshop.com Have never seen one in the stores here.

6. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    That is where I got mine too. And now I get a dozen catalogs from them. Which my kids love to droll over. I will keep an eye out for you Curt. :D

7. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I picked up a Mace Windu's Squadron Battle Pack at lunch today. It's a Target exclusive. All Targets should have them by now, even if they don't have them out. Pretty cool pack - comes with three SA clonetroopers and a new Airborne trooper all with purple deco. Oh yeah, there's also a Mace Windu figure in there. :)

You can use the DCPI number to have one of the workers grab you one from the back (that's what I did today)

Here's the number - along with the numbers for some of their other exclusives -

Mace Windu's Squadron Battle Pack: 087-06 1797
    Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter: 087-06-1798
    Snowspeeder: 087-06-1799
    Imperial Shuttle: 087-06-0483

8. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I think I may be the only one around here still collecting the 3 3/4" action figures, but to check out a cool one on the way, swing by yakface or rebelscum.

They have pictures of an upcoming Concept Boba Fett to be released in the second TA wave next year.

Looks like they may have a variant, or possibly 1 figure within interchangeable helmets.

We'll also be getting a Rebel honor guard in this wave as well!

narrator - "and there was much rejoicing"

9. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998
    Nah, I still collect the 3 3/4" figs (well some of them anyway....lol) I just picked up the Catina Band Tin set from the Wal-Mart here in Quincy the other night. Other than that, nothing new in the hinter lands to report.

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I picked up the new padawan Kenobi the other day... but haven't seen much around here either. There are several figures I want to have a rounded out set, but I am not having much luck.

11. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    I also collect, but we have limited funds. I saw the new Luke about a month ago I am kicking myself now, He had the poncho and hat on from when he lived at home.
    I am also looking for Ben Kenobi(OBI) with a cloth robe.

If you all know where I can find one or the other please let me know.

12. JediCirrus

JediCirrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    So does anybody know if they are doing a Holiday Figure this year? For the past 4 years they have done one Holiday Edition figure around the holidays, but I have not heard about one this year so far.

Anybody else hear anything? In the past they have been exclusive either through Entertainment Earth or the Star Wars Shop.

Thanks....

13. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    That's a good question, I've got the others. But I haven't seen anything for this year.

I'll do some digging and see what comes up.

And hopefully, if they are doing one, it won't be as cheesy as the Darth vader was last year.

14. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998
    I'm guessing "No" on the holiday fig this year. At this point by the time they announced it, figured the distribution & all that, it would be the 4th of July before we got it. :) Of course, maybe the Vader last year made them rethink it for a year or so.

15. merrick_stoller

merrick_stoller Jedi Master star 2

May 30, 2006
    got my holographic commander cody. woo hoo!!

16. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Oh cool! How does it look?

17. merrick_stoller

May 30, 2006
    pretty sweet.

18. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    starwars.com has posted picks of the new Order 66 2-packs coming from Hasbro. They look pretty cool and at least their giving some different paint jobs on the clones this time.

Also, yakface.com has a pic of Vintage style figures coming in 2007 - Hoth Han Solo, Snowtrooper, IG-88, Bossk, Bespin Luke, and Endor Leia. They all look great - kiss another $60 good-bye :)

19. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998
    Still not sure on that IG-88. I think there are other figs I'd rather have seen "vintage-style" before that one.

20. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    The Wal-Mart exclusive figures are hitting stores right now. I read a report the the WalMart in Arnold, Mo had them. SO, I went to the Wal-Mart in O'Fallon, Il last night and sure enough they had them. The figures in no particular order are - Aurra Sing (E.U. comic version), R2-M6 (Mace Windu's astromech), Labria, Kitik Keedkak, and Nabrun Leids/Kabe 2 pack.

The last three are just repaints. (well I suppose the R2 unit is as well, but seeing a purple R2 just makes it seem way different)

The Aurra Sing figure looks very cool. Comes with blasters, rifle and her lightsaber.

These figures are packed only 1 per case - so if you want them, keep your eyes peeled!

21. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I have not seen any around here, but I did pick up a holographic Maul at the KMart by Amy's the other day. :p

22. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998
    At the rate the Wal-Mart here is going, I'll see the exclusives sometime around Christams, maybe. The Order 66's look pretty cool, but no Target here, so I'll have to wing it on those.

Comic packs, I've seen once. Haven't seen the Han/Chewie one yet though. Again, gotta love Wal-Mart, they have the space for them on the new reset, but, imagine that, the pegs are empty. (Next to the overflowing pegs of Greatest Battles figs)

At least they have been fairly good about stocking the Titaniums.

23. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Order 66 2-packs. I'll grab whatever my pocketbook allows.

Pocketbook, what am I 80?

24. merrick_stoller

May 30, 2006
    got commander APPO the other day. think i'm gonna modify my 501st clone armor to match his seems like it would be easy. pauldron and ammo packs.

25. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Where did you find him?

I still haven't seen this wave anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.