main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Active Members?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Layren, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Hi there everyone! I was noticing that this forum doesn't seem to be particularly active. My husband and I are moving to Chattanooga sometime next month and I was hoping that I would be able to meet other fans in the area. I hang around primarily in the Fanfiction area but have lately ventured into Fanforce more since I know this chapter exsists. What have y'all talked about as far as meetings and things? I'd like to be brought up to speed.

2. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    well, we had one meeting but it wasn't "official" since we didn't tell someone about it prior to the meeting. i think we'd planned to start regular meetings this summer but that kind of fell through - i don't know why. i don't know if we'll be able to do something anytime soon, but i'd like to. hey, it'd be great to meet y'all (hope you're used to that word - you're gonna hear it a lot down here :p)
    maybe you can get things moving. we need a swift kick in the rear. ;)

3. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Yes I say y'all. I'm from Alabama ;) I'm moving more toward Yankeetown not farther away [face_laugh] I look forward to giving y'all a nice swift kick in the rear if that's what it takes ;)

4. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    heh heh.

the good news: my older brother was a bama fan so i, wanting to be just like him, do cheer on bama.

the bad news: [face_devil] i mock alabamans mercilessly. heheheheheh... (as do most other tennesseeans. but hey, look on the bright side, we can make fun of louisiana together. ;))

5. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    the bad news: i mock alabamans mercilessly. heheheheheh... (as do most other tennesseeans. but hey, look on the bright side, we can make fun of louisiana together.

That's ok I make fun of everybody who lives in the Eastern time zone ;)...and spell it right.. Alabamians ;) If you're going to make fun of us at least spell our name right ;) :p

Grr my active topic notifications are messed up. I wanted to be notified of replies to this thread but it didn't tell me when you posted.. argh. Oh well.

Edit -- Our moving date has been confirmed now :) August 11-14 is when we're moving. My husband will start his new job Aug 16th :D

6. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    I am so glad someone else is asking the same questions I have. I was beginning to wonder if anyone even checked the boards.
    Ironically, Layren, my husband and I just moved from Alabama to the Chatt area and I am looking for involvement myself.

Any suggestions from anyone on what a swift kick would truly be to yall, and I'm on it. This should be an exciting and fun time to start up meetings--with less than a year to go before E3.

7. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    just start making plans. then see if the rest of us will be up to meeting. i'm actually not working sunday... (that sound you heard was my jaw hitting the floor) so if that would be a good day to meet up somewhere just lemme know. where in the chatt. area are you? i'm up in hixson, just south of soddy daisy. last time we met, we went to hamilton place mall, since that was a bit more central. i think it would be fun if sometime before i went back to school we met up and maybe went out to eat or something, just a "get to know you" type thing... (just keep me away from sugar and the conversations may stay on subject :p)

8. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Hixson is where we're going to be -- wow there's replies to this! I had been afraid the board was dead. I look forward to getting this jumpstarted ....

I'll give everyone a nice swift kick in the rear if need be to encourage things along :) Looking forward to the move -- can't wait to meet y'all.

9. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    ahhhh coolness. i've lived here 16 years (same house and everything) so if you need help getting around or finding anything just lemme know.

10. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    My family is in Jasper, TN, west of Chattanooga. Hamilton Place is just as good as anywhere, unless someone has a cool place to suggest somewhere else (ever been to the Pickle Barrel restuarant? I hear it's pretty cool). Sunday afternoons are pretty free for me/us as well. Do you want to begin scheduling something in September Layren--to give you time to settle in first?

I'm happy to see replies as well.

What are you going to school for Jedi_Sha?

11. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Whatever is convenient for everybody else would be fine with me :) End of August first of september would probably be fine dates :)

12. Bama_Trooper

Bama_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Welcome back to the region! You can be assured that the Empire has the area safe and secure!

I hope to run into y'all and the rest of the 'nooga memebrs sometime soon..

-Bamatrooper

13. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Two days till moving day! Lord willing we'll be up there around Friday morning. We're taking our stuff to my parents house in Huntsville first since it's gonna be such a long day and we won't have time to do it all in one day. Friday will be the actual unloading.

14. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Hey everybody! We got moved officially and we are now living in Hixson :D SO I am officially a member of the Chattanooga Fanforce chapter here :D That being said when should we all get together? What are some good local places to eat around here? My hubby and I like authentic mexican food -- the kind with white cheese dip run by mexicans and the like -- are there any of those types of places around? I saw a few that might be promising. Anyway just thought I'd let y'all know that I'm here!

15. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    There is an Amigo's up there somewhere (I forget, but it's off 153). There's actually a few of those around, but that one is IN Hixson. There's also a place at Hamilton Place Mall near the movie theaters - but I forget the name). Anyway, there's lots of places like that around here. MMmmmm... white cheese....

Edit: Ack! Where's my manners? Welcome to Chattanooga! Feel free to change anything you don't like. Now go eat some nachos.

16. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Yeah we saw Amigo's and wondered if it was authentic. It looked pretty promising. There were a few in local strip malls that looked like they would be worthwhile. Most of the time we check those out first rather than the stand alone ones :p Cause those have t he greater chance for some reason of being authentic -- or is that just me and a bizarre theory -- anyone else noticed that? :D

Thanks for welcoming us :D I hope we can really get Fanforce off the ground and moving -- just a year left till Episode 3 guys! Not even that long!

17. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Welcome to town, glad to hear you've moved and have already begun searching out the local spots.
    Has anyone here eaten at the Pickle Barrel downtown? I hear it's pretty cool/good.

We definately need to plan something now that Layren is in town! Who is up for something soon?

18. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I'm the life of the party eh? :D Hehehee well I'm game whenever you guys are :)We need to plan a get together here soon. Is school in session here already? Wasn't sure since we don't have kids.

19. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    heyy! welcome to hixson! if you need help or suggestions lemme know, i've lived here 14 years.

as for mexican food, i don't know. i hate mexican food so i couldn't give advice on where to go.

some colleges have started already. i haven't yet. i move back sunday. so i'd like to meet up before i go back if at all possible... but i'll understand if it's not.

20. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    In my district teachers started back today, and the kids start on the 25th. Of course, I'm a north of yunz. ;)

21. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    i can't believe i did that. i said 14 years again. i've been here 16 years. for some reason my brain refuses to think of myself as 20, i still want to say 18.

all the schools i've seen have already started back. i saw students walking around the campuses at least.

22. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Vesper2112 said he wanted to host a party on September 21st at his house (this was way back in the beginning of the year). hehe....

Seriously, we need to come up with a firm date and just plan something so it will actually happen. If Vesper was only kidding, then let's meet somewhere by Hamilton place. You guys want to go out to eat or just hang out with coffee/desserts?

23. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Sept 21st sounds good to me. It's on a Tuesday so that won't interfere with church on Wednesday or anybody's weekend plans with family should there be any. We don't have anything planned for then. Ok who likes what? I'm not a big fan of chinese food but I like just about everything else. We could order a bunch of pizzas instead of trying to pick a restaurant to meet at if Vesper really wants to do that. If he doesn't that's ok too we could have a picnic by the lake or something. :)

24. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Wow... me and my big mouth! lol

I was kinda kidding as I wasn't sure where we'd all be by now, but September 21st is fast approaching. Just a reminder, I live in Ringgold, GA... which is a little far from Hixson. I could play host for the evening if that's where everyone wants to go. I've got the DVD's pre-ordered with Toys-R-Us, so I'll pick them up on the 21st.

I didn't really plan on doing a pre-order as I didn't think it would be a problem in getting a set, but TRU's promotion was that if the cashier didn't ask if you wanted to pre-order, then you got the $5 pre-order down-payment free. But I digress...

I'm up for anything. If it's decided that my house is too far, then something close to Hamilton Place would be fine. I'm surprised they've been able to keep the rumored "changes" secret up to this point. At least I haven't seen anything that proves these changes are in there yet. I kinda hope it stays secret until we get a chance to see it. Just fix the Greedo/Han scene and I'll be just fine!

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Oooh Yeah I wondered why that date sounded familiar! That's the day the DVD's come out. Yeah I'm gonna go pre-order a copy of mine probably today at some point. Hrm. You live in GA? I could get there ok if I got directions. :p It would be cool to watch the movies together the day they come out. But I kind of want to be social too. IF we're watching a movie it's not conducive to good conversation :p Is there a place for minature golf or something around? Just an idea I had to eat and then go play fake golf so we can get to know each other a little better if the weather permits before we invade poor Vesper's house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.