main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ben-Solo, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    So where does his character arc go from here, what twists could still be left for his journey; the possibilites are endless at this point. Is Ben Solo the last of the .....

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Either gets redeemed, establishes a new Order with Rey and all rainbows.

Or.

Rey kills him and ends the Skywalker bloodline.

3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope he gets snoked.

KSennia likes this.
  4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wonder if Kylo will have a happy ending??

cwustudent likes this.
  5. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    I guess that will be up to how the TPTB want to end the trilogy, do they want to eliminate the Skywalker name or do they want to leave it open ended where if Adam wants to reprise his role as Ben Solo then the opportunity will exist. At this point I can see him surviving and allow Disney to decide in the future.

Yora likes this.
  6. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    I feel like it won’t be happy but that perhaps he survives and goes into some sort of exile. What if he ends up on Ahch-To? I hope they leave open the chance he could return if they do 10-12.

7. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Kylo now has everything he wants except Rey, and everything Luke said about him will be validated. The First Order will resent him as leader.

He will want out, but Rey won't take him. At least, in the first half of the movie. Rey will be driven by revenge. Both will tease turning, then JJ Abrams will flip a coin.

Mostly Handless and Yora like this.
  8. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    Has everything, but nothing. Kylo still needs to realize this destiny whatever that is and remember where he came from as Lor San Tekka so beautifully said in TFA. With the choices made in TLJ it is now up to Ben to decide which legacy to choose regardless of his fate, his decision will help decide the fate of the galaxy as a whole. As he is THE SKYWALKER.

akapine and M70ko like this.
  9. FrolickingFizzgig

FrolickingFizzgig Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2016
  10. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    As I've said before and I'll say again, LF has no plans on killing off the Skywalker line. It's too important to the story. Characters from the Skywalker line can go, but you can't get rid of the line itself. This means that we're going to see probably Ben coming back. If it's Adam or not, who knows, but probably it will be. Given what's been talked about, I can see the redeemed angle as they seem to be basing him on several characters from the EU.

1. Kyp Durron, a very powerful Jedi who went to the Dark side, did a LOT of bad things in the fit of anger and having family issues and anger at the Empire, and then was later redeemed by his own actions during an imposed punishment by Luke and the other Jedi. He eventually became a Master, but known kind of as the "bad boy" of the Jedi, to the point where he willingly used others to get done what he felt he needed to. But he had a good heart and cared for his friends.

2. Jacen Solo, again powerful Jedi, son of Leia and Han, went to the Dark side but came back because of the love of his sister. However she ultimately had to kill him and he does all this to "protect his loved ones" and also to stop a war from happening. Ben Solo mirrors him almost beat per beat. Jacen also seems to come back to the light upon his death.

3. Revan, eventually married a Jedi Bastila and had a family with her. Reven was redeemed and later fought with the Eternal Emperor.

I'm pretty sure there are some other characters there too. So I don't see them getting rid of him or the Skywalker line. As I've said before the Potter family is connected to the world of Harry Potter, the Skywalker family is connected to the Star Wars line.

11. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Taking bets now that JJ will make him put his helmet back on again ..

12. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    No I doubt we see him with a helmet anymore, seems Rian in VIII went to the character's humanity and the conflict within him. Building off that foundation putting the mask on would be totally against Ben Solo's character development and where it is today.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Aetius888

Aetius888 Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2005
    My four theories:

1) Kylo goes Caligula.
    2) Kylo turns out to be an excellent, conscientious leader and starts to make amends, ala Godfather III.
    3) Kylo gets deposed and fights for survival.
    4) Kylo disappears, like Luke in TFA.

panki likes this.
  14. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    I want Kylo to eventually kill Hux like Vader's multiple examples of killing Imperial Officers in the OT. Either Force Choke or Lightsaber. I don't care.

15. elbertino

elbertino Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2006
    No.

There is another.

16. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    (Disclaimer: my opinopn on this may well change after watching TLJ this evening)

That said, it's sounds to me as if LFL has probably played all their Kylo 'redemption cards'. I still don't think a Kylo redemption would be completely impossible from here. But honestly unless JJ has the cinematic equivalent of an Idiots Array lined up for IX, I can't see how he'd go there from refusing Rey's offer (made in good faith), and taking over the First Order in VIII.

17. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    I will also judge things for myself but just because a character refuses an offer (if that actually occurs, in a correct context of the narrative) doesn't mean that it cannot still occur. The premise that Rey would even consider that action towards Ben Solo means she knows and now he knows that there's others who are trying to help him; also did anyone really think he would be redeemed in this film (VIII) because if anything I proposed the groundwork needed to be laided in front of the audience first then it could take place. It sounds like that is the case and as such it appears redemption in some form is still possible (and if we consider he's the last Skywalker) it may be a consideration used when determining that outcome, especially if they make more saga films.

Futhermore Rian or JJ are not idiots. Why are we taking swipes at directors for their creative vision when Disney obviously approves of there creative vision.

18. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    We will certainly realize how an awful leader, Kylo Ren is. Most of his character is based and how unpredictable and tempestuous he is. The battle of Crait showed us how irrational he can be. Because of his emotions, he's constantly making bad decisions. The only thing in his favor is how weak the resistance is. Because of that, I predict a schism in The First Order with the opposite faction leaded by a new character (Not Hux, I can't take him seriously after TLJ).
    Before Carrie death, I always thought that Kylo will be redeemed thanks to his mother but after TLJ and Leia future death, I'm not so sure. Still, I hope Kylo will survives the trilogy and realizes his mistake. Maybe, jailed for the rest of his life could the best ending for him.

19. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    I feel Ben Solo is even more at a crossroads than ever; the power he wanted he has, the apprentice he wanted he doesn't. He's gained everything he wanted except Rey as an apprentice, yet lost everything. It will be interesting to see how JJ handles Ben Solo moving forward because we have more questions now than before TLJ.

hermiona52 and Yora like this.
  20. Charlemagne Thax

Charlemagne Thax Jedi Padawan

Oct 20, 2017
    I'm calling it now. Snoke secretly comes back in a new body and takes it upon himself to wear his old Kylo Ren uniform thereby usurping the role back from Ben Solo (his plan all along I guess) before the start of IX. Ben will have ended up fleeing for his life and go off on a personal journey with ghost Luke harassing him along the way. This will be set up as a mid film plot twist since Kylo Ren will be masked throughout the beginning of IX.

KSennia likes this.
  21. xaxiomatic

xaxiomatic Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 26, 2015
    I am starting to root for the guy. He is putting in serious effort and elbow grease into being an *******. It is not a good plan but at least it is a plan and he is working hard towards bettering himself at what he chooses to be.

Lucillalin, 11-4D, cwustudent and 2 others like this.
  22. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Not pleased at all, his acting sucks compare to Rey, and he was going to be the antagonist? really?

23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Really? I thought Adam Driver showed some major acting chops in TLJ. I have a whole new appreciation for Kylo being the villain now.

24. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    Lol, what? Driver's acting was fantastic in TLJ

25. MichaelSkellig

MichaelSkellig Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    Adam Driver was mesmeric in TLJ. He acted the pants of every other cast member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.