main
side
curve

ADAPTATIONS: The Books and COmics That We Want Turned Into Movies

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by DarthZordon, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah except I'm pretty sure Ford and maybe Fisher vowed to never again do a Star Wars film?

2. DarthZordon

DarthZordon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2009
    I think if the money shows up she will, she is prideful not stupid and she did the AFI tribute to Lucas so maybe who knows. Though she should get in shape.

3. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    well, if Ford was willing to do that horrible IJ4, I don't think he can complain about SW. Besides, it would be Zahn writing, not Lucas. Maybe a different director, with Lucas supplying only the "Exec Producer" cash and the lisence to use the characters.

4. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    The distinction with Ford is that he likes Jones but dislikes Solo. It's unfortunate but true that he would probably never consent to play the character again, as he thinks the character is over and done with.

As to any contributions by Lucas, he would of course want creative oversight, since the title "executive producer" is generally just that: a creative consultant, far more than merely a cash supplier. There would likely be many changes to the Zahn storyline from Uncle George.

Maybe an animated CGI film, a-la TCW, will happen, possibly with some original cast members returning to do voice work.

5. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    Here's my main choices for book to movie adaptions

Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained by Peter F Hamilton. Great Space Opera with future technology that is the very believable, but still cool.

The Otherland series by Tad Williams. These would be prohibitively expensive, 4 LOTR length movies with a lot of effects work, and WTH is going on plot for a lot of the time, love the books but cant imagine them getting made anytime soon.

The Braided Path by Chris Wooding. An Oriental flavoured Fantasy trilogy which is different from all the LOTR-lite fantasy that seems to be about just now, although the books are adult orientated and have some scenes that would be R- rated or cut altogether.

One book I wanted to see get adapted, is getting adapted World War Z by Max Brooks. Marc Foster is directing it and J. Michael Straczynski is currently writing the script.

6. DarthZordon

Feb 15, 2009
    Man I wish they could do a Star Wars series dedicated to Post ROTJ SW sorylines. The series can be CGI or live action.

And by the way gret choices for movies all, really interesting.

IMO i want to see more graphic novels be made like Watchmen, another good film is X-Men but I want more storylines that feature Gambit and other cool mutants not seen yet.

7. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    The Alienist.

8. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Scud the Disposable Assassin- made into an animated TV series like how the Maxx was done on MTV's Liquid Television & how Spawn was done for HBO. All characters & music for the show must be the ones chosen by the creator Rob Schrab at the beginning of each Scud comic like John Malkovich for the voice of Scud & various pop culture voice samples for Jeff the plug-headed thingy thing. Brains! BRAINS!!

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac- black & white amateur art student film style, kinda like Clerks but with lots of ultraviolence!

*tosses coins into wishing well*

9. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    My good friend Stephen Romano designed the sound for the Maxx show (uncredited), Also, the voice-actor that does the Maxx is basically doing an impression of Romano doing the Maxx. But I digress.

10. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Tell your good friend that I loved the show & appreciated what he did for the Maxx, however uncredited his efforts may have been.

11. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    This would work better as a TV show than a movie, but [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1632_series]Ring of Fire[/link].

12. DarthZordon

Feb 15, 2009
    How about a movie daptation of Final Fantasy X, XII and VII they are by fa the best in the series.

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian New Films Thread Reaper and Rumor Nay-Sayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but...

[image=http://www.retroclobber.co.uk/cartoon-t-shirts/images/tshirts/green-lantern-logo-t-shirt-logo.jpg]

14. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Dark Knight Returns within the Nolan universe

15. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Yep, bottom of post #17

16. DarthZordon

Feb 15, 2009
    Yeah but still should they do a Caucasian Lantenr or a African American Lantern?

17. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    ^ Considering it could go either way, this is a case where I'd say they should just go with the best actor for the job.

Also, I'd like to see a The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie. But, y'know, for real this time. None of this kidding around with Sean Connery...

18. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Why not both? THere are hundreds, if not thousands of GLs in the GL Corps.
    Start with one, and have the others show up as needed.

19. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Green Lantern is currently in pre-production, for those who missed it.

20. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Yep.
    THere were posters for GL and GL2 in "I Am Legend"

21. DarthZordon

Feb 15, 2009
    I agree they should show the whole GL Corps but what about the star of th emovie will it be the black or white GL, or perhaps the Chinnese GL, or the Puerto RIcan GL, or maybe the Wookie Gl,hmmm what about the CHiss GL? hehe what I mean is which Lantern will be the protagonist or who will be the better protagonist?

22. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    Well after reading the whole thread through.....

The Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony starting with

On a Pale Horse

with right director and script could be an great movie...

Will need a lot of CGI or even done with strait animation

The Xanth series also by Piers Anthony starting with

A spell for Chameleon

the material would attract kids and adults... though the theme should be pg13 at least...

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian New Films Thread Reaper and Rumor Nay-Sayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    If they can make a trilogy of Blade movies, then there's certainly room for...

[image=http://www.geocities.com/patchlord/imagem/dr_strange.jpg]

24. MasterGandalf

MasterGandalf Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2009
    Am I the only one who thinks that Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn would make an awesome trilogy of movies? They have great characters and plotlines, are different enough from LOTR to avoid the obvious comparisons, and are quite cinematic (especially the first book). Besides, I think that the world would be a set-designer's dream. Anyone else think this would work out?

(And also, Sanderson has said he's all for it, though only if they get a director who's genuinely passionate about the project.)

25. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Here is my list of what I want into movies from books.

1. The Simirillian storys into movies
    2. The Legend of Drizzt and other Forgetten realms storys
    3. The Wheel of time
    4. Halo
    5. Rainbow Six
    6. Star Wars Darth bane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.