main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Advice on Stormtrooper E-11

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by h2osafety, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h2osafety

h2osafety Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    Hello My Friends!

Is there anyone who can tell me if the Hasbro Stormtrooper e-11 blaster is 501st acceptable if you make buy the extra parts kit (available on ebay)?

Thanks a million and May The Force Be With You!

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I have seen it approved without the add-on parts kit, but the parts kit makes it look SO much better. I use a Hasbro E-11 with parts kit for my snowtrooper.

3. LAN-ED-TUL

LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    it was on ine stormy, i modded it with a red luxeon led to fire like it did stock with the sounds, and repainted and put the skins kit on there too. looks realistic, and when i fire it, eyes pop wide open

4. h2osafety

h2osafety Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    Fantastic! I just went to Toys R Us and picked up the hasbro Stormtrooper Toy Gun and then ordered the extra parts (from the UK). I have to say the anticipation is killing me. Can't wait to get started. My TK Boots are due to arrive today as well! Thanks so much for the response! Please feel free to PM me if you have any advice on adding Snaps instead of Velcro or any MODS you find helpful!

Thanks Again Troopers!

5. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    use velcro more secure snaps tend to pop loose too much

6. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    That's funny, because I'm shifting to using snaps more, due to velcro popping off --but that's on a clone and I foolishly forgot to remove paint before applying the velcro. But I haven't done a TK, just snowtrooper and 2 different clones.

Velcro is definitely your friend. If you use hot glue, be careful about leaving your tote in hot cars. And don't use ABS glue but go to a quality hobby store and get CA glue and accelerant. Make sure you get the extra thick CA glue, and NOT the thin stuff. Trust me. ;) :eek: :oops:

7. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Super Glue & baking soda work wonderfully.

8. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    to attach the heavy duty velcro, smear a lil gel super glue on the sticky then apply, it WONT come off then, that how you apply the sticky back velcro to the abs armor, it alone, yes it will peel loose, the super glue gel wont allow it to do that. a tip i found whilst i built up my set. snaps arent reliable enough, they will pop apart easily, use this method of applying the velcro to armor and you will be just fine, mines setup this way, and no issues at all. oh and one more thng is rough up area where velcro will be stuck with rough sandpaper too, that gives the gel super glue a better bite, trust me once applied, that velcro will not come off

9. h2osafety

h2osafety Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    These are all FANTASTIC tips! Thank you all so much! I must ask though... Any tips on the proper looking NECK SEAL for the Stormtrooper Uniform? I want to make sure I get the right one!

10. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I don't know the chemistry, but if you add baking soda to the Cyano-Acrylate super-glue, it cures/hardens almost instantly, and it supposed to be a much stronger bond.
    Good point about skuffing the plastic with sand-paper first. Forgot about that.

Oh, don't use super-glue around materials you want left transparent! It will get fogged up.
    Find some jewelers' glue. takes longer to dry, but no fogging.

11. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004

Neck seals aren't too terribly difficult to make, well for those who know how to so, that is (I haven't a clue. I'm sewing illiterate!)

But you can also find them on various sites, ebay, fanbuild sites like TK409.

- Bill

12. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    i got mine off a seller on ebay, a nice one for round 24 bucks i think it was. and as far as the super glue thing, you really dont need the baking soda, not for this application, i used that as filler bridges when filling gaps on the radio controlled airplanes i built, but for this ABS type method, just the GEL superglue is all thats needed smeared on the sticky side before applying, just make positively sure you have it lined up and placed right, cuz you WILL NOT get it off after its stuck down.

13. h2osafety

h2osafety Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    Thanks Bill!

My sewing skills are weak! So I'll just have to find one to buy. Thanks for the tips! I knew the costume was going to be hot when I got it on, man IT'S WAY HOT!
    :)

14. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    mines not bad at all, cooler than vader for sure, i use the henderson dive skin which is lycra as the base suit with all the abs stuff over that, i actually stay comfy cool, i can wear it all day unlike the vader, which, reason i cant do more than 4 hours in it, is the lid weight, its a rots MR fiberglass lid, 13 pounds heavy, on top my head, neck gets to hurtin after that long. as far as cool in that one, again not bad, as i use a real leather body suit, which keeps me lots cooler, its a LA body suit with mesh panels on backside. but i ramble on, lol get me goin, and i dont know when to stop, lol

15. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    My Ep 2 clone (similar to a TK) was quite cool. Instead of a dive skin, I used a under armor knock off. It is moisture wicking, and it kept me cool. If you add a fan or two to your bucket, it'll keep you cooler, and minimize fogging as well.

16. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    yup forgot to add i have 2 squirrel cage fans in my TK bucket too, the MR rots vader has a fan froma hard drive cooler i took one of the 2 of them off and wired it inside the face, its in lower and front face grills and totally unseen from outside

17. h2osafety

h2osafety Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    These are great tips on MODS! Do you guys have a VOICE AMP? I want one with a 'static burst'! Do you guys have a preference? I saw TK409 reference one at XTREME GADGET, do any of you guys have that one?

18. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    troopercom is what i use in my tk lid

19. h2osafety

h2osafety Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    I can't seem to find it. I searched on google. Any advice or do you have a link?

Thanks!

20. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    well after i dug round on the tk site which i stumbled across it at, apparently theyre not made anymore by that guy, there were 2 of them and they had a fight and split, soooo, im not sure if they are around anymore, 2 other possibles are romfx and the hyperdyne fx for a TK to check out

21. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Might want to see if skullworx is still around....

- Bill

22. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    i think they are i found the website still on the web, so 3 possible places, RomFX, hyperdynes trooper unit, and skullworx

23. h2osafety

h2osafety Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    Just ordered my Voice Amp - Thanks a million for all the tips you guys!

Any ideas/thoughts on where I can locate the Stormtrooper Handcuffs?

Thanks again!

24. LAN-ED-TUL

Oct 28, 2005
    no clue never needed them for my 501st trooper, its not a needed item

25. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    There are for sale threads for these once you get approved. Since it's not a required item, don't worry about it. But if yoou want, I think there are tutorials for how to make them yourself out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.