main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[AFD 2008] A Breakfast Made in Heaven: Pancake/Waffle Index and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The_Face, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    [image=http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/50/76/23037650.jpg]
    [face_love]

Welcome to the official thread for all Pancake/Waffle 'shippers! This thread is run by me, The_Face. Here we will discuss any and all things related to the pancake/waffle relationship and fanfic starring them. Anyone is welcome.

(Mods, if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to lock.)

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
  3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    So what if we wrote a story about a love triangle? Like Pancakes/Waffles/French Toast? If Pancakes and Waffles end up together can we still index them here?

4. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    As long as one of them is not a minor, it should be okay. We do not, however, allow Waffle/Toast slash. That was a decision made by the site owner and we have no control over it. Sorry.

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    But... but... waffles and toast belong together!

6. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    What about English Muffins? How do they fit into this tangled web?

Are we going to ignore this breakfast minority? Please say nay!

7. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    [face_frustrated]

8. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    English Muffins might fall under the clause of ISSR, but I'm not sure. Let me check on that. :)

9. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Well I have just written a story (Of Pancakes and Waffles) dedicated to the wonderful pancake and waffle, but um...I'm sorry to say it has some of those pesky Jedi in it.[face_worried]

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    several of my fics have Serinka the cook in them and he cannot make pancakes.

Two red beads has some of that

11. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    IMO, waffles and pancakes should not be together, but instead toast and waffles. They just... They go together.

12. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003

As long as the pancake and waffle are major characters, it can be indexed. :)

13. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
  14. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I really must protest! Have you no sympathy for the wheat and gluten sensitive stories out there? Must they be denied indexing because of the reactions to these highly allergic stories? Stop the discrimination now! :_|

15. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Can't you get wheat and gluten free flour to make pancakes with?

16. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005

They are, honest.

17. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    What the French, Toast? [face_shame_on_you]

:p

18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Hey! Where's the fruit supposed to go? Don't they get an index?

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    What about crêpes? They deserve an index to themselves! Otherwise, you won?t be able to fit in all the dinner and dessert varieties! Crêpes aren't just for breakfast, you know!

20. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    I really take issue with this because I'm from the camp that believes Toast can only be male, yet I personally prefer writing male waffle characters. So how on earth am I supposed to write in some juicy unresolved sexual tension if I can't pair them?? This was a terrible decision.

Also, people should really stop posting Waffle fics in the beyond forum without an 'AU' tag. It's been confirmed by Lucas himself on at least two separate occasions that every single waffle in the galaxy was wiped out during the purge. Everyone seems to think they can pretend that their waffle somehow made it through, which clearly could not have happened. Frankly, it's getting ridiculous.:mad:

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I just want a little Waffle/toast love... :_|

22. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    I used to only read Waffle/Toast because I hated Pancakes, so I was very disappointed to learn that it is not allowed here. All of the other sites I go to allow this kind of pairing, so I didn't understand why it was banned here. :confused: I know a lot of the W/T fics out there use way too much syrup, but there are still many exceptional stories that are worth devouring.

I did finally gave Pancakes a chance, and the Pancake/Waffle 'ship had grown on me. You have made a believer out of me! [face_dancing]

;)

23. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Just playing devil's advocate over here...

You know, when you think about it, neither waffles or pancakes really go with toast. It's like pairing apples with bananas! Waffles and pancakes are both light and round, while toast is dark and square. Now, granted that waffles and toast both sort of have nook and cranny type things...

I'd still rather see them paired with English muffins, even if it is ISSR.

Fics containing a Waffle/English muffin pairing...

Now that's something I'd read.

24. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    But that's just the thing! Waffles are from one world; toast is from another. Star-crossed lovers, young, naive, fresh from the toaster.. Where can I find that sort of drama with pancakes? They're too bloated with batter and backstory, none of which is ever out of the ordinary or unexpected. Plus, gridles are boring and too convoluted with fat and greasy subplots that never lead anywhere and frankly go straight to the thighs. If waffles and toast is wrong, I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT

25. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Did I ever say they were wrong?

But see... see... Pancakes need waffles because waffles add a little spice to their life. Toast already has it. Or, at least, the sub-classification of bruschetta does - you could add all sorts of things to it to make it interesting.

And pancakes have plenty of drama! You never know whether the batter was homemade, or from a box, or pre-made from a bottle. Isn't that plenty of mystery? And that hot grittle or frying pan is enough to give anyone nightmares for weeks. Besides, waffles are equally bloated with backstory, so they can't talk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.