main
side
curve

Beyond - Legends Affirming of Friendship. One-shot. SiouxFan's fic-gift.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 3, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    by Nyota's Heart

Disclaimer: Borrowing the characters with affection.

Genre/Timeframe: Friendship/Legends.

This is for SiouxFan ... who wanted something without dark Jacen but with he and Danni Quee, taking place Beyond the Saga. Other elements were apple cider and a missed connection.

[face_batting]

A small bang erupted from the console. A missed connection and a crossed wire and the entire navcomputer was fried. Danni sighed in frustration. She could chart her way through nebulae with her eyes closed but she was not mechanically inclined. She commed Jacen who was onworld presently.

"Jaina's more handy with that stuff than I am. But I'll take a look. Can't the 'port techs fix it?"

"They're the ones who gave me this krelling bit of outdated hardware to start with. I should have known when I got a replacement at such a low and reasonable rate there was a catch!"

Two hours later, with systems up and running again, Danni was all grateful smiles. She treated Jacen to tangible thanks with hot mugs of apple cider and homemade sweetcakes with fudge sauce on top.

They talked animatedly about her new job on Kress as part of a research consortium delving into a unified theory of matter/energy.

Jacen contemplated Danni thoughtfully. She was beautiful, poised, and intelligent. Somehow, though, by the time he'd taken a breath and realized there could be something between them, the time had past. Oddly, though, the door to his and Tenel Ka's present and future had never closed, despite intervening years and very harrowing life experiences which could have driven them in vastly different directions. When they had met up again, it was as if they'd never been apart.

Odd, this thing called destiny. Two hearts which were meant to be together would find some way, despite stubborn avowals to the contrary ... Aunt Mara and Uncle Luke were a case in point.

And if he needed another, his own folks would do just as well.

He reached for a second slice of warm cake and promised Danni the two of them would keep in touch.

Life could change in a minute, and if there was one lesson he'd learned, it was friendship was precious.

+++++

Kahara, Chyntuck, Tarsier and 4 others like this.
  2. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Yep, never buy cheap nav equipment!

Well...since Jacen's taken, I'll definitely listen to Danni talk about the unified theory! Wonder if she likes eggnog?

Thanks for this! :)

Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a very sweet moment for the two

Kahara likes this.
  4. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Ships passing in the hyperlanes...it happens, and sometimes for the best. Friendships are often better left as they began, particularly if you're a Jedi/descendant of Anakin Skywalker (I mean, that makes your life complicated enough!).

Nice little vignette. :)

5. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio SWC Jedi Draft Commissioner star 8 VIP - Game Host

Apr 17, 2008
    Although I was a fan of the idea of Darth Caedus, I did not like how they actually wrote it out. Anyway, I could live with this version of Jacen and Danni.

6. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    Nice piece, it's always interesting to see characters complex emotions and relationships during everyday situations :)

7. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    What a lovely little fic, Nyota!

I especially enjoyed this part:
    Somehow, though, by the time he'd taken a breath and realized there could be something between them, the time had past. Oddly, though, the door to his and Tenel Ka's present and future had never closed, despite intervening years and very harrowing life experiences which could have driven them in vastly different directions.
    Beautiful! @};-

That last line is so true! You never know what will happen tomorrow.

Kahara, Darth_Furio and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Force Ghost star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice little fic and great use of the prompts!

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all. :) Those were the two overarching things I was going for: J/TK always meant to be and Danni and Jacen best friends and happy to relish that because you really have to take the moments that are given. [face_thinking]

Kahara likes this.
  10. Findswoman

Findswoman Force Ghost star 5

Feb 27, 2014
    A nice little story. :) I feel Danni's frustration about hardware going ker-bang at exactly the wrong time (because I'm terrible with fixing things like that too); good thing Jacen could be there so quickly to help out. And I'm glad hot cider exists in the GFFA—a must at any cold time of year! :)

11. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I don't know most of these characters, but cake is always good. :) An appropriate gift, just like this viggie.

12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Sweet moment of friendship between them.:)

13. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Awww, this was nice. When in trouble with mechanical stuff, just call a Solo -- and then in true Nyota fashion, have something sweet to eat while you ponder on relationships and friendships, because it always helps :)

14. slow_dawn

slow_dawn Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2006
    Ahhh, this reminds me of how I hard I was shipping Jacen and Danni Quee when I was reading the NJO books!

I liked this bit in particular:
    Somehow, though, by the time he'd taken a breath and realized there could be something between them, the time had past.

(First fic I've read here in over 4 years by the way!)

Kahara, Darth_Furio, SiouxFan and 2 others like this.
  15. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^^Part of me still is!

16. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Interesting... :)

"They're the ones who gave me this krelling bit of outdated hardware to start with. I should have known when I got a replacement at such a low and reasonable rate there was a catch!"

[face_laugh]

17. Kahara

Kahara Force Ghost star 4

Mar 3, 2001

[face_laugh] Oh dear. Nice bit of everyday aggravation. Just because it’s space tech doesn’t mean it all works any better, necessarily.

Interesting to see Jacen’s reflections on how he and Danni could have had their moment, maybe, but didn’t -- and that he and Tenel Ka ended up together even though there was so much separating them. And it’s lovely that they’re both still happy to be friends even though they didn’t end up together.

Sweet story, and I like seeing some downtime with these characters! [face_love]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks so much, Kahara - everyday/down time style moments are my favorite kinds to read or write.

I too am happy they can still be friends :D who want the other one to be happy even if it's not together. @};-

Kahara likes this.