main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA AFI George Lucas Lifetime Achievement Award on USA Network!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    This is me on the far right leading the way out, with another San Diego Fanforce member (Tom) behind me as Shatner's Footman. LOL

[image=http://www.theforce.net/holonet/newspics/afi-shatner.jpg]

It'll re-air on Saturday at 2 AM and Sunday at 9 AM for those of you who missed it.

I got shown twice without my helmet on.. I totally was NOT expecting that. Maroon 5 had their dressing room right next to ours and we ended up doing a lot of our rehearsal the last day in front of their dressing room. We rehearsed from 9 - 6 on Tuesday June 7th (with an hour or so off for lunch), Bill Shatner arrived around 2pm to rehearse with us. He loved the idea of the troopers picking him up and was great to work with. Then on Wednesday we got to the theatre around 1:30 to rehearse some more prior to dress rehearsal but we were waved off. George Lucas was there and we were supposed to be a surprise for George, so we had to go hang out at the Hamburger Hamlet across the street until we got the "All clear" to go over to the Kodak theatre to rehearse, then we had dress rehearsal later that evening, where I took most of the photographs. Then we returned on Thursday for more rehearsals, and at 7:45 were headed over to the stage, and at 8:15 we were doing the opening number with Shatner. It is too bad you guys didn't get to see the WHOLE dance number.. it was great. :D

Here are the photos from the rehearsal.. oh, and Mark Hamill stood back stage talking to us for a good 20 minutes and he signed my armor!

http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/afi/

2. Namcoking

Namcoking Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2003
    WOW! That's great! I caught the show the other night, good job!

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ Hey, were you one of the actors in your fanfilm? And what is your fearless leader up to these days?

4. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Way to go Linda.

I missed the show on Monday night but I hope to catch one of the repeats.

5. Namcoking

Namcoking Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2003
    No, I was the Director.

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Director... my apologies SIR! hehe.. I got my check in the mail today for the AFI gig.. geesh... nearly $200 went toward taxes.. what the heck is FIT tax? They took $100 out for that. Basically if you count the $390 hotel bill, gas for my car, and food for the 3 days I was in LA, I broke even... LOL.. but it SURE was a lot of fun.

You better watch it Allie! The CR of Los Angeles sent me a DVD of the show minus commercials and it arrived today. I had two tickets to the event, and none of my fanforce members could go, so I let the CR and one of the others in LA attend the event, and that was my thank-you present. :D

7. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    You won't believe this poop. I DID watch it this weekend. I saw it on Sunday morning. However, I missed the first ten minutes. Meaning I missed the Shatner song and dance. :mad:

I did get to see Linda when Maroon 5 was being lead around backstage. It will probably be on again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.