main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph After Harry Potter . . . what now?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by NYCitygurl, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedichef1

jedichef1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2004
    I know she is writing the encyclopaedia and I think that will be great, it would not surprise me if it whets her appitite and she revisits in some way.

2. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I wouldn't be surprised to see her deal with different parts of the timeline.

3. jedichef1

Aug 17, 2004
    Definitely, I think she has left it wide open to revisit plenty of points, but probably not Harry himself.

For starters there are The Marauders, Dumbledore's story, the rise of Voldemort etc, there is so much she can cover if she wanted to...

4. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Another thing is that if she wants to protect her continuity it's best if she does the writing instead of having it butchered by other writers.

5. jedichef1

Aug 17, 2004
    I really don't think there would be any chance of anyone being allowed to write anything to be honest.

Look at the fuss she has made over the encyclopaedia, that's why I think at some stage she will be back.

6. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Well, if she's been paying attention to what's happened with the Dune universe she'll put the rights on lockdown and do the writing herself.

7. jedichef1

Aug 17, 2004
    Can't be sure but since the episode I mentioned I think everything lit wise is locked as secure as can be...

I mean she even gets consulted over the theme park!

8. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Good, she needs to keep it that way.

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    There's going to be an HP theme park?

I think if she revisits, it'll be pre-Harry - though I wonder if she will, since we already know what happens with Dumbledore, the Marauders, Voldemort, etc.

10. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I could see her fleshing out those backstories, but she runs the risk of getting hammered by fans like Lucas did with the prequels.

11. jedichef1

Aug 17, 2004
    Not a theme park per se, but the wizarding world at Universal.

I could see her fleshing out, we know the ending's yes, but it would be fun to see how we got there.

I dont think she would fall into the Lucas trap though.

12. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    She wouldn't be able to control the expectations.

13. jedichef1

Aug 17, 2004
    No you are absolutely correct she could not, but she could write the book and have it reviewed and decide not to publish if it is not up to scratch, I think she would do just that to be honest.

Because lets face it if she didn't get it right she would just get slated, and I don't think she is up for that!

14. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Regardless of what she does with HP, I think we can be pretty sure HP is far from over.

15. jedichef1

Aug 17, 2004
    I completely agree.

16. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Has anyone read The Hunger Games?

One of the best books I've ever read. Honestly. I work at a bookstore, and we're DROWNING in the Stephenie Meyers (and Dan Brown, blerg). Anyone looking for the next great series needs to read this book and its sequel Catching Fire. [face_love]

JF

17. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    [face_laugh]

Nothing like being swamped by teens and conspiracy theorists.

:p

18. jedichef1

Aug 17, 2004
    I think I could deal with the conspiracy theorists, but the teenagers would do my head in.

Thanks for the tip on the books :)

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I think it will be post-Harry, actually. I think the epilouge at the end of Deathly Hallows was meant to leave the door open for a possible sequel series, centered around Harry/Ginny's and Ron/Hermione's children. This way its possible to have Harry/Ron/Hermione cameos, without taking the focus away from the main characters. I could also see Rowling writing about Harry and Ron very senior Minisstry officials.

20. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I heard rumors that maybe in 10 years or so she might come back to the Harry potter world.
    But I am not giving in yet to those rumors.

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I've heard rumors like that too. I think she will write more books set in the Potterverse, but I think she'll 5 or 10 years and let the fanboy atmosphere die down before she comes back to Harry Potter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.