main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics After TROS (only read if you've seen movie)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Maythe14thBeWithYou, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I'd like to hear Lando and Luke's adventures. We were deprived of hearing about Luke till after episode IX, now let's hear it.

Grievousdude likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Wasen't it in legends that he copied from Exar Kun to make his own lightsaber.

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes.

vncredleader likes this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Legends, it's implied he independently came up with the idea of just welding two lightsabers together hilt to hilt, saying "It makes sense to be able to strike with both ends". Possibly it's also derived from an Iridonian weapon, the zhaboka, that he'd seen:

Darth Plagueis: "A saber-staff! The weapon of Exar Kun! Did he construct that?"
    Darth Sidious: "The prototype was two lightsabers he had welded pommel-to-pommel in imitation of the Iridonian zhaboka. I furnished the knowledge that allowed him to improve on the original design and construct the one he is using."

After he'd used that prototype, Sidious provided him with refinements.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    DarthJaceus likes this.
  6. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Rey shouldn’t reproduce. If Star Wars history has proven anything it’s proven that people born with exceptionally high Force potential are more dangerous than not and if they fall to the dark side it’s all the more devastating. Better that Rey is the last of the super powerful bloodlines and trains other people who are force sensitive but not Skywalker or Palpatine level. She could adopt and call her kids Skywalker to pass on the name.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Ghost and Maythe14thBeWithYou like this.
  7. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I like that. I think developing a Jedi school with say Broom Boy and whoever else would be good.

StartCenterEnd likes this.
  8. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    It sucks that the ST basically leaves the galaxy and the Jedi in the same exact place as ROTJ.

Really dropped the ball there, if you ask me.

IG: @jedisufism

Ghost likes this.
  9. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    The intent as far as I can see is just to repeat the Empire vs scrappy Rebellion storylines.

Yes, for the intent of the movie the First Order looked defeated but we know from a deeper world building pov that's not how it's going to be in the comics and books. It's just not realistic considering how the First Order was presented.

So, the fledgling Galactic Alliance will work at pushing back the First order.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Maybe just maybe we will get what this could have been in TFA, a more hit and run style enemy military cult vs an established Republic. I mean yes now both have faced heavy losses, but if they play it right I would be invested in the conflict as something more than just mopping up Imperials again.

P4KISTAN and Sarge like this.