main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga After Vader & Palps, who is the third biggest villain?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Dartht Punk, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There was a strong "if you give me an answer, I'll hold off on destroying that planet until I can confirm it" vibe in his ultimatum to Leia "Then name the system!"

- even if he didn't actually make that promise outright.

2. Dartht Punk

Dartht Punk Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 17, 2014
    I suppose Tarkin clearly did lots of very evil stuff offscreen as well, and from his age and position we know he's a very powerful and influential bad guy. Whereas Maul was really just a hitman.

But for a Hitman, black and red is better than black and pink. Obscure reference of the day anyone?

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    I would say Grand Moff Tarkin. He almost surpassed Palpatine and Vader when he ordered the destruction of Alderaan.

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I honestly don't understand why you say that. Sidious deceived everyone and very, very likely caused much more death than Tarkin if *scale* is your justification.

DBPirate, DARTH_BELO and HeadingSouth like this.
  5. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The EU did have Vader as someone "with the blood of billions on his hands" in the pre-ANH period of Star Wars - so he could probably compete with Tarkin in terms of "number of civilians he's had killed".

Sidious's "death toll" is a bit harder to gauge - though, if you take the view that all Vader's (or the Seperatists') atrocities were carried out on his orders, it goes way up.

If he was telling Grievous "Go to Humbarine and melt the planet's surface" - that's billions of lives, on his orders.

Jedi Knight Fett and Lady_Misty like this.
  6. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Grand Moff Tarkin. He was pretty much third-in-line, sometimes even outranking Vader himself (as seen in ANH). Being Force-sensitive/a Sith doesn't make you the "third biggest" villain in my opinion. Let's not forget he ordered the destruction of an entire planet which also killed billions of innocent civilians (regardless of their views of the Empire).

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Tarkin or Dooku.

They're in very similar positions --both are Palpatine's underlings. I would lean towards Dooku, though, since we see him help start a war that lasts a number of years (which I think outweighs, or is at least equal to, the destruction of Alderaan). He also appears in two films to Tarkin's one so that's another point in his favor.

8. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Count Dooku No Contest.

1. Palpatine
    2 Count Dooku
    3 Darth Vader

9. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    Definitely Tarkin. He seemed more evil than Tyranus, and he was a Sith Lord! The way he orders Alderaan destroyed even after Leia diverged the location of the Rebel base (lying of course) was one of the worst things done by a character in the saga. Alderaan wasn't just some backwater colony with a bunch of ne'er-do-wells on it either. It was a thriving, important world in the galactic Core, and it was annihilated in a second.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Soon it'll be Kylo Ren...

DarthSheev likes this.
  11. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    it has to be Evazan and Ponda Baba

- they don't like Luke....just because.... and were willing to murder him for it

- they are wanted men, they have the death sentence on twelve systems, quite a feat.

- they hang around Mos Eisley space port, a place where you'd never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

so yeah, those guys :p

12. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    The problem is the other villains don't cross trilogies. Jabba and Tarkin have second long cameos and that's it.

What about the Fetts as one entity? When treated as such you have a duo that connects many elements together. They work for all three evil factions in the movies (meaning the CIS, the Empire and the criminal fringe, in this case Jabba), the clones have their DNA which means they have a hand in the creation of the Empire, They both work directly under a Darth in a way where they find themselves standing by them closer to equals than any other underling gets, assist in the capture of main characters twice (Jango leads the droidekas in capturing Anakin and Padme, Boba gets Han Solo of course). And yes, they both die inglorious deaths (we'll see if the new EU brings Boba Back) but i would say that what I've mentioned is more influence over a larger span of time than other villains.

13. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    For me Dooku just about edges Tarkin out simply because for all the lambasting and handwringing about the morality of a 'slave army' (the clones) laid on the Republic/Jedi Council (rightly or wrongly) that was really down to him. Sidious said to make it so, but it was he who did so. So he has at least partial responsibility for moral lapses on both sides of the war in a similar but smaller fashion to Sidious himself. And it also seems to me that the day to day running of the Separatist war campaign was also done by Dooku, so many of the atrocities committed by the villains-of-the-week in TCW can ultimately be laid at his door - if he was REALLY all that moral and integral he'd surely have words to say about (for example) the Blue whatsit virus being dropped on Naboo.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Or the defoliator being tested on the neutral Lurmen.

Instead it's "Proceed, I eagerly await your results."

Jedi Knight Fett and Lady_Misty like this.
  15. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Exactly. Obviously he did not personally create all these horrible weapons/chemicals/devices but he was certainly culpable of ordering (or at the very bare minimum PERMITTING) their development and use which makes him responsible for what happens.

Lady_Misty and Iron_lord like this.
  16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    He also works with the Zygerrian slavers - Dooku conquers Kiros - then hands population over to them.

Jedi Knight Fett and darkspine10 like this.
  17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Agreed-he esentially did: he was ultimately responsible for guiding the republic into a crisis that led to the Clone Wars-a galaxy spanning 3 years full of death and destruction...

Cushing's Admirer and Iron_lord like this.
  18. Veldani

Veldani Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2015
    I'm gonna have to say Tarkin. Maybe not if you just look at the movies, but both the animated series and especially the Luceno novel raised that character enormously for me. Also, and this might seem petty, but he is the only one who could act as the third villain together with Sidious and Vader. Just the mental picture of that triumvirate standing together works tremendously in Tarkins favor.

"You don't know what it takes to win a war. But I do."
    Classic Wilhuff.

Lady_Misty and Iron_lord like this.
  19. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    Count Dooku.

20. BriXman

BriXman Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2015
    If you mean their level of evilness (a.k.a their attitude, what things they did, who they killed), I think it would be either General Grievous, as he killed many, many, jedi, an who's attitude is hostile to practically everything and everyone. But seeing he's not on the list I'd say Tarkin, as the Death Star crew, on his order, destroyed Alderaan, killing an entire population, without any real reason. Alderaan was a peaceful country, and had done nothing to the empire, other than that Leia, born on Alderaan, stole the plans for the Death Star. Darth Maul only went into battle two times (in the movies, in The Clone Wars he's been into many duels and fights), and killed only one person (on camera). Jabba has killed very many people, but doesn't seem very evil. He seems like (and is) a gangster, simply killing people he sees the need to kill to be able to do his business, with some exeptions like the occational dancers. Dooku was in control of the droid army (until his death, when Grievous took over), and also killed people in The Clone Wars, but to me most of his duels in both the movies and The Clone Wars, seem like he fights a little bit, injuring either the opponent or himself (Episode 3), and eventually either escaping or losing.

So out of the list of people you have, I'd say Tarkin, but otherwise I'd say Grievous.

21. Isaiah9823

Isaiah9823 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2015
    Without any remorse whatsoever, and he was prepared to do it a hundred more times if necessary to show the Empire's power

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The ROTJ novelization portrayed him as a veritable connoisseur of depravity, creating new and exotic atrocities.

Jedi Knight Fett and rumsmuggler like this.
  23. Mandalore The Ultimate

Mandalore The Ultimate Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2015
    He's not the first person to do that in Star Wars though...

24. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    First person to do it on screen though.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

25. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Count Dooku, if we're going by the films and the shows and not including the EU in all of this.

If we ARE including the EU, then maybe Tarkin but I wouldn't be sure.