main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist AG88's SW images***UPDATED 30 March 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by academygrad88, May 12, 2005.

1. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks everybody for your comments.
    No I have not drawn anything in two months and I don't know if I will do so in the future. Darth Real Life has been pounding down on me and trying to turn me to the darkside.

I am hoping that in the next couple months I will be able to bounce back. I will officially be a "pensioner" this year. Maybe with retirement I can relax and get back to what I enjoy. But until then I will be busy with selling my house, moving to my retirement home, getting the kids into school, and all the other stress involved in turning your life upside down. I am just hoping my next place has high speed internet. [face_worried]

I want to thank everybody who voted for my painting for the FanArt Challenge! I really appreciate all the support.

AG88

2. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    :_| I don't know why that I cannot see the picture,maybe there's something wrong about the link?

3. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Which picture are you trying to view?

AG88

4. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    :( I'm so sorry to hear that DRL seems to piling up on you and do hope that things lighten up soon and everything turns out well. We'll all be waiting here patiently for any new artwork (let's be optimistic and not count out the idea entirely just yet ;) ) that you'll have to contribute until things settle down. :)

Besides, who else will fill the order of wonderful Luke & Mara (or nekkid Luke :p) pics for that matter?

- Suz ^_~

5. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    I just now viewed the Aurra Sing pic LOLOLOL Your subtitle really got me laughing!

Your child's pic is wonderful :)

I do hope things start settling down for you, AG88. I really did enjoy your Fett family picture as well. There is a lot of somber emotions in that one.

6. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    this one:
    http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7002/robot1on1.jpg

7. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006
    lol. Your baby's drawing and response is too cute! It sadly reminded me of when my five-year-old niece asked me "When'll I grow up?" All I could respond with was "NO!" She didn't understand so she walked away and played with the Play-Doh.

Thirteen years later, she scares the hell outta me with the losers she hangs out with. Why couldn't she just stay a baby? *Sigh...*

Things'll pick up; for every "down" there's invariably an "up"-- hang in there! ;)

8. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks everybody who stopped by to view my work. I am starting to feel a bit better and I think I may have Darth Real Life on the run. ;)

I am hoping to start drawing again eventually. Things are just so tense for me at home that I can't get into the mood. We are going house hunting next month, then putting our current home on the market and then the job search begins in the area we are moving to. It is such a major change in our lives.

I just wanted to thank everybody for all your kind words and encouragement.

AG88

9. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey aurra! [:D]
    I've noticed I haven't been here in a while. Sorry for that. [face_blush] (shame on me!)

The Tempest Parody is awesome! [face_laugh] :D =D=
    Actually, I also wonder how Alema looks like now in LOTF (not that far with reading yet). I mean, she has lost almost all of her limbs and even got eaten once... [face_sick]

And the drawing of your little baby is cute! [face_love] Love the flower on the chest plate. =D=

Hope you're allright. [:D]

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'll jump in with Chilla on the "hoping you're alright!" :D We miss your "smiley face(s)" and great sense of humor--and this thread deserves a kick up, anyway, so some of our newer members can feast their eyes on some awesome art! [:D][:D] Stop in when you can, grad!

FF

11. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    A lot of different styles here, AG88. I really enjoyed seeing visualizations of scenes the EU. good work. Anakin Solo's death scene was my favorite.

12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I wouldn´t have known if you hadn´t told me... even though I am a kindergarden teacher plus a going-to-be elementary-school teacher & secondary-school teacher for English, German & Art. Your kid is great! And the force is with him.

13. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    I want to thank everybody who has commented and kept my thread alive. It has been a long time--over 6 months since I have drawn anything. I have been under a lot of stress lately and really couldn't get into drawing. But, recently my friend Qui-Gon Tim was commenting on the tassels that Jacen is so caught up with in the LOTF books and he suggested that the translation was in error. I laughed at what he said they meant, so I made a little picture up for him. It is a parody of Sacrifice so it is a spoiler.

AG88

[image=http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9145/theadventuresofdarthstutm0.jpg]

14. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

Okay, that was awesome [face_laugh] =D=

15. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    ROFL,
    ! I've certainly missed seeing your images and your sense of humor.

16. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    ROTFLMAO!!!
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]:_|=D=

Absolutely PERFECT!!! [face_laugh]=D= This is just perfect, and now you HAVE to do a follow-up piece (it's essential!): we need to see him all "prettied-up" as the tassles fortell! LOL! [face_laugh] I'll bet he'd be rethinking this becoming a Sith thing if he had to become a cross-dresser to do it! **wipes tears of laughter from face** Ah--this is too perfect! I've so missed your fabulous humor, grad! [:D] It's so great to see something new, and something that precipitates so much wonderful laughter! =D==D=

FF

17. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thank you! The new translations were done by Qui-Gon Tim who is the husband to one of my favorite fanfic authors. So I want to give him credit.
    Thanks Giolon! I really appreciate your comments. I know you can tell it is Poser, but I really wanted to get this out quick. The body was poser but the clothing was painted on by me.
    Thank you Falconfan. I cannot express my graditude to you enough for your support. I know I told you a few months ago that I would never draw again... but you stayed with me through my dark days.

I am sitting at my computer looking at my computer screen with tears in my eyes and realizing there are not words enough to say "thank you!"

I realize most people will be confused as to what is going on, but let's just say Darth Real Life really kicked my butt this year and through the suppport of my friends on this Forum I was able to survive.

Thank you!

AG88

18. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Oh my.... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    I really needed this now! Welcome back and thanks for the laugh! [:D]

Darth Stupid.....perfect! :D [face_devil]

19. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_laugh]=D=[face_laugh]

LOVE IT! :D

Tim laughed his butt off this morning when he saw that.

And welcome back! [:D]

20. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

Priceless!!! Just... perfect!! [face_laugh]

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    It's just perfect. I couldn't have said it better myself! :p

This should be on a T-Shirt. I think you should put it up on Cafe Press!

22. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thank you. It is good to be back. I really appreciate your comments.
    Thanks Trace. I am glad you both like it.
    Thanks Zonoma. Jacen is such an idiot!
    Thanks Tim. I loved your comments over at MJSFC and just couldn't resist. I don't know anything about Cafe Press. If you want to make a T-Shirt of it be my guest. I can email you the higher resolution pic if you need it.

Thanks everybody who checked out my drawing and took the time to comment![:D]

AG88

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Glad to see you back, AG88! It's been a long time!

All I'm gonna say about your latest work is it's a gem. I can't stand where the series is going and this piece ties it all up in a nutshell. Great job rendering the figures and capturing the facial expressions - especially the second panel. I hope we continue to see more work from you! :D

Oh, and I agree with Qui-Gon Tim. I would so love to see this as a t-shirt. :p

24. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Loi for mistranslations. Jacen!

I think the Yuuzhan Vong one is aesthetically pleasing and there should be a shemale version too. Ahahaha.

25. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Yeah, don't you hate how Darth Real Life can really mess up you muse. :p Luckily my friends at TFN and some other sites really helped me back to drawing. Oh yeah, and thanks for helping me take care of that little troll problem of mine. ;)

Thank you so very much. It is fitting that I get back by making fun of Jacen. I have a feeling I will do more of it in the future. [face_laugh] And if anybody wants a t-shirt made up I will email them the high resolution pic and they can feel free to do so.

Thank you Kecen. I am glad you liked the drawings!

I appreciate all the feedback.[:D]

AG88