main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Agenda for Sunday 18th September.

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Tay-Mar, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    "...What a curfuffle!":p

2. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    OK, that's all been fun.

I break it down like this:

1) This forum exists as an extension of a real world group not the other way around. The forum was created in response to the real-world group forming and meeting enough times to become official.

2) There are all types of meet-ups on offer. You don't have to come to them all. These names don't mean anything, I just like giving things names.

3. Monthly Chapter Meet - Mostly social with a bit of a chat about what's happening with the group

4. Event Meets - Social gathering to visit a convention, fair, etc

5. Social Meet - Where several members just decide to get together for a drink etc

6. Volunteer Events - Where some members volunteer to man a table at an event rather than just attend as a member of the public.

7. Sometimes several of these might be rolled into one. For example, the Memorabilia "Event meet" in November might get rolled into the "Monthly Chapter Meet" for November by going out for a drink post show and discussing any points that might have come up. Another example, Signatopia ended up being both an "Event Meet" and a "Volunteer Meet", as some were attending to look around, meet guests, watch shows etc, whereas others were attending to man a table, talk to the public, etc.

3) Any money gathered is on a purely voluntary basis and is used to help in putting on Volunteer events, for example the banner that was purchased, or the basic jedi outfits for kids at the upcoming NSC event, or the plaque for the upcoming Honourary Member we would like to induct. If members don't want to contribute, that's fine. There is no monthly charge to be a part of this group. The word dues was inappropriately used because the term has been associated with fan clubs previously.

8. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Sorry for being late this evening, but I was busy defragging my hard drive. o_O

Hal, I can see where you are coming from here, and I can totally understand your concerns. Don't worry about it. It was just an idea that we had floating around the table. No one is forcing anyone to do anything here, and besides, and if it were to happen, it would only be something minimal anyway...I think a rough ball-park figure for the year was something like the equivelent to a meal at McDonalds, or something...I don't know, a fiver, or something. Anything I was going to say has already been covered by Phill and Martin. :)

But as previously explained, it was only an idea - nothing concrete.

We have had a banner and business cards made already for use at cons, etc, and a couple of us pitched in for that just so that the person responsible for getting it done wasn't completely out of pocket. That was a volenteer effort.

You should come along. We all have a great time. We have a laugh, a few (*cough*bollocks*cough*) drinks, and enjoy each others company. And it's not like we just talk about Star Wars all night. We talk about loads of different stuff.

9. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    The fish is placated :)

10. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    excellent. And we are moving meets around, there will be one over our side of the midlands, perhaps even Lincoln its self. OF course you and the Mrs are included in the general invite to my party to which most of the gang are going.

11. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    the suggestion of a meet between birmingham and leicester has been suggesed for october. may i make the suggestion that we change hat to around the worcester area then hal wont need to tavel so far and could decide if its the sort of thing he likes. it will also mean that we can try to expand south a bit while we are at it.
    just my 2p.

12. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Mark lives no where near Worcester! its clear across the other side of the country!
    *bites fist*

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Heh heh. Funnily enough, Worcester might work, as Mrs H's family lives in Gloucester, so they can see them, and I can have fun :D

I'd prefer Leicester in October though

14. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    I think most members would!

15. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Dave, it was already decided that we were going to meet at Phill's place in Leicester for the October meeting, and you were at the meeting when this was decided upon.

There is no need to suggest it as it has been decided upon. Since the November meet has been decided as a dual Leicester/Nottingham gathering, we can take the idea of a Worcester meeting on board for December.

May I also suggest you purchase a map (or perhaps paying more attention in Geography class ;))

16. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    sorry i dont have one i do geography!
    i was just trying to help. i though that worcs might be easier to get to.

17. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    errrr no!

18. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I suppose until you are driving / travelling more it will take you a while to be aware of cities relevant postions and distances, or you could look at a map online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.