main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Or Simmons finds Space Fitz's cryo chamber and opens it, he awakens- and, then, dust time!

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Man, you guys are crueler than most fanfic writers.

3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Wait, wait, go slower, everyone, I'm taking notes for inspiration ...

Alpha-Red and Juliet316 like this.
  4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    On a lighter observation:

I think my favorite comment I've seen so far in reaction videos is how funny it'd be if, in the final Talbot shot, Ebony Maw just floated by. [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

But regarding Deke:

Someone also pointed out that we see Deke's room at the end when Gemma picks up Fitz's pocket knife- and all the stuff Deke was hoarding is gone. Which could be implying that Deke (and his actions) were erased.

Not sure the time travel would work that way, but it's a detail I didn't notice when watching.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    pronker likes this.
  5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    If Deke is erased then shouldn't everyone who came back from the future be erased too?

pronker likes this.
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah...
    I like that they intentionally left it vague with Deke -- since he said he was leaving, it could be he left or it could be he blinked out of existence... we don't know...

7. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    time travel stories almost always end up not making sense, but in the case of Deke the version of the future that he was born from and grew up in never existed, we don't even know if his parents will meet, whereas the team was just passing through.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I think they threw us a bone earlier in the season -- in the same episode everyone went back in time, the stinger were the people in the future planning on rebuilding the Earth... so like a multiversal theory.

So changing the future doesn't necessarily change that future... and all that implies...

9. Darth 47.1

Darth 47.1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 1999
    I noticed that with Deke too but it is really too ambiguous to say what really happened. Time travel is never simple.

They left the series on a good ending with that as a finale had they not been given another season. At the same time it leaves open the door for next season.

10. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    If Deke had disappeared, then dead Fitz's body should have disappeared too. Since he's also from the future and present Fitz is in space with Enoch.

Juliet316 and pronker like this.
  11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    To be fair, they waited until the last moment. But if you're curious as to what was going to happen next, if you don't already know, go to Youtube and look up the lost ending.

Why would they? They were pulled to the future and returned. They weren't born in the future like Deke was.

pronker and JEDI-RISING like this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So Coulson is dead because AIDA knew who Ghost Rider was when Robbie showed up and she kept running away, correct? It's all her fault!!!

pronker likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    If it weren't for those Thanos references, this is how I expected the season finale end, as the showrunners of the show said as much. That being a series finale. I expected Coulson to die with May at his side, and Daisy to continue as an Agent of SHIELD. I didn't expect Mack to take the leadership role, but it makes total sense as he has the same moral compass as Steve Rogers.

I thought Fitz-Simmons would have left for the lake and retire from duty.

I still expect a time jump for season six and a new roster.

Juliet316 and pronker like this.
  14. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Lame question alert: Upon rewatch, in the beginning consultation/confrontation scene about what to do next, YoYo mourns because May shatters a vial of … what?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Not at all a lame question. As soon as May broke that vial all over the floor I immediately rewound the scene but I still couldn't tell.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and pronker like this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah the YoYo freaks out over vial shattered didn't exactly play as devastatingly for me either cuz I don't think it was established well enough in the scene, they were already yelling about it. But May smashing vial = she chooses to save Coulson instead of taking out Gravitron. Which devastated YoYo cuz she thought that meant the world would end. I think. Pretty sure.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and pronker like this.
  17. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    So the Centipede serum used by Daisy to KO Talbot was plain, and not the concoction using CSerum and whatever came out of Jiaying made by FitzSimmons. That one was smashed by May … but what was the one Daisy told Coulson to take?

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The vial that was smashed was the ODM which was going to be mixed with the Centipede serum that would save Coulson, but because Daisy takes it with her after the vial was smashed and then decides to use it to enhance her powers, she can change history.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and pronker like this.
  19. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Talbot's fate is unsatisfactory to me.:( The last we see him, icing up as he zooms in a dazed state towards what resembles the moon, is split seconds before Maximus The Mad grabs him before he overshoots and runs out of oxygen from his last earthly breath. Maximus survived Attilan's destruction, figures out a few devices that Black Bolt remained close-mouthed about, and is plotting fruitlessly until joined by someone with an equal Mad At The World attitude. Many bad things happen after this teamup.]-}

Still pondering how Lockjaw will factor in.[face_thinking]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Been holding myself over during this post-S5 break by digging through various react videos of the series, particularly Blind Wave, and I think their reaction to the shotgun axe here is one of the best so far [face_laugh]:

(language warning)

(starts at 5:24 in case the embed doesn't start there; they come back to it at 14:14 as well)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, some of the news from SDCC: Ward will be a series regular in Season 6.

Not Ward the AOS character or Ward the Iron Fist character but rather Jeff Ward aka Deke. ;)

So, that at least answers the question of whether or not he blinked out of existence.

The first episode is called "Missing Pieces" and will be directed by Clarke Greg. As Chloe Bennett joked, “It’s amazing! He’s still the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. It’s really exciting,”

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  22. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [face_rofl]

The SDCC! I just put it together that the Clone Wars reup and a Dreamworks Madagascar: A Little Wild in the offing are timed to … the … SDCC. I am a little slow, to put it kindly.[face_blush]

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  23. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I love Chloe Bennett. =D=

BTW, only tangentially related, but I'm finally watching Twin Peaks for the first time right now (missed when it came out originally in the '90s). Having watched Agents of SHIELD first, it sure is weird seeing Daisy Johnson's father as a very boyish looking young man who's super upbeat and loves his coffee. [face_coffee]

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's nothing- wait until you see him ride a sandworm.

[​IMG]

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Continuing through some of those react videos, BW actually pointed out a connection I didn't make back in Season 4: the sniper that went after Jeffrey Mace (where he uses his podium to block the shot) used a Judas Bullet from Luke Cage S1.