main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh yeah, what's with the spelling of these names? I always have to go running to the wiki to find out how I'm supposed to spell "AIDA", "Izel", or "Kora". None of which was ever a problem when I was just watching the show, but when you go online to discuss it on a message board...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    Series just ended... I watched entirety. It was a very good show. Could have been better. Was still very good.

pronker likes this.
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Most of those spellings are pretty intuitive, I thought- they're spelled how they sound. AIDA is "aid"-"a" (plus you have the whole "AI" angle to get you halfway there). Izel has a shortened Israel-like sound, but with a "z" (though i admit, since S6 is my least favorite season and still newish, I did have to doublecheck if it was pronounced "Izel" or "Isel" because it hadn't sunk in yet). And I did often have to verify if it was "Jemma" or "Gemma" (as they're both real names one has likely encountered). Deke vs Deak took one look-up as well.

Kora is the only one that really annoys me because I can never remember if it's two "r"'s or one. But I think that only trips people up up because they are probably aware of The Legend of Korra (even if they've never watched it). I mean, I suppose you could also think it was spelled Quora- but even I, as a mega Tron fan, assumed they weren't spelling it that way.

Could be worse- they could have named a character Kristen, Kirsten, Kathryn, Erin, Stephen, Sean, Lindsay, etc ;).

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    pronker, Alpha-Red and Juliet316 like this.
  4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I've always watched the show with subtitles on so this never tripped me up. The only one I have trouble spelling is Jiaying.

Princess_Tina and pronker like this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That's why I always say Daisy's mom hahahaha

pronker likes this.
  6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    The show utilized the One Steve Limit nicely, because who here knows even one Izel? Now Mike, [as in Mike Peters (Deathlok) is common. I know tons of Mikes/Michaels.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Had a few too many people names Agent though. Hard to keep up.

Alpha-Red, The2ndQuest and pronker like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Snap was addressed in finale and cut out. Showrunners going with Quantum alternative timeline time travel saving from Thanos. Both Endgame and S7 basically lean towards alt timelines.

https://mcucosmic.com/2020/08/16/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-s-snap-reference-was-cut-due-to-time/

"Some of the stuff they did with time travel in “Endgame” indicated that there are other timelines where other adventures are occurring. We’re following the multi-verse rule. The only way that someone survives Thanos’s snap in the movies is go into the quantum realm, and we originally did plan to give that a mention — because we used the quantum realm to move between timelines — but it got cut for time."

Princess_Tina and pronker like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That statement doesn't actually confirm AOS is in a different timeline, though- only that they utilized the multiverse (which they did, via the alternate timeline the Chronicoms created) and that they used the quantum realm to move between timelines (which they also did). The Thanos mention seems to be a context description for the interview statement.

Unless we see the actual mention (and assuming it was actually shot [and, thus, potentially canon] as opposed to cut from the script for time [like, apparently, Deke's Nick Fury stinger]) it's not that useful for speculation because the reference could be "we may have been able to even survive the decimation/snap/blip using this". And, even if it isn't that and something more concretely linked to the Snap, there's no point where their time travels could have put them in the Quantum Realm to survive the Snap (since Season 6 was a year after it) or to have influenced the events in Wakanda to prevent the Snap.

Even if you inserted an off-screen adventure between seasons (or, really, immediately after Season 5) where the crew went quantum abaord the Zephyr to avoid the Snap, that leaves May and Coulson exposed to the odds. And, if you're going to be inserting new offscreen adventures in order to make the scenario work, I don't see how that's not a poorer option than just letting what did play out, play out offscreen between seasons.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    pronker and Master_Rebado like this.
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    "Your unified timeline is dead son. Accept it"
    [​IMG]

11. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Does anyone know when Seasons 6 and 7 will be made available for Disney+ on the UK? Tried looking online but not seeing any informaion, maybe it's somehow tied up exclusively on a different platform?

pronker likes this.
  12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Binged the whole season yesterday. Good times for sure. It won't be the same no matter how many more shows they launch on D+

BigAl6ft6 and pronker like this.
  13. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    It was very good, wasn't it? How would it have improved? I enjoyed the show's finale as much as Star Trek: DS9, TNG, Voyager *meh on that one* and Desperate Housewives', also followed start to finish.[face_love]

I would have liked to have seen one or more Sisters at Skye's orphanage come into the show, especially during Ghostrider.[face_devil]

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The man you quote was wrong, and is still wrong in this scenario ;).

Juliet316 and pronker like this.
  15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Would have been nice to see at least one of the MCU SHIELD agents like Nick Fury or Maria Hill just to bring it all together to the beginning. I'm OK without that but would have been a nice touch.

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Started a rewatch this weekend and had to chuckle at how young some of them looked. Also made me wish Ward had somehow had a part in this last season. His multiple roles were good.

17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Ward was memorable, for sure. Really missed him, and the Adrianne Palicki character (Bobbi Morse)
    [​IMG]

Khalia Octa, Yodaminch and pronker like this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, Bobbi and Hunter's absence this season or two was felt the most, IMO. Would have been great if they had used an episode of S6 between Izel arcs to do a "Most Wanted" stand alone episode as a final farewell, or at least show up with the group at the end. I assume it was because Adrianne was busy with Orville at the time they filmed these last year.

19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    One thing that struck me as funny is that every episode of season 7 has a 2019 copyright.

pronker likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Probably because they were filmed last summer, in 2019.

pronker and The2ndQuest like this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, they filmed Seasons 6 & 7 back to back. They essentially filmed one season with 3 or 4 extra episodes and split it into two seasons across two years. Limited their ability to tie into Endgame but also saved them from any Covid delays.

pronker and Juliet316 like this.
  22. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Oh, yeah, I know, and @The2ndQuest just mentioned it in his previous post.

The thing is, with most movies and TV shows, they try to get the copyright for the year in which it will be aired or released to theaters. Since the 7th season was always meant to air this year, I thought they'd go with a 2020 copyright notice.

Yeah, and in case you're wondering, I always stay put until the end of the credits in the theater and make a mental note of the year of copyright and the MPAA certificate number. :p

[​IMG]

pronker likes this.
  23. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I guess Coulson kinda became the new Ward? Always find a way to stick him back in.

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well considering the show was created around resurrecting him in the first place...

Alpha-Red, pronker and Princess_Tina like this.
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    pronker, Juliet316 and Princess_Tina like this.