main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    X always marks the spot! :p

pronker, Juliet316 and The2ndQuest like this.
  2. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Upon rewatch,
    Sousa immediately went to chat up Oldest Parcel-Delivering Guy right before Jemma put together the samovarQuantum device. Did he recognize him, just want to touch bases with an agemate, or ... ?

JEDI-RISING and The2ndQuest like this.
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Maybe! There was apparently about 20 min of material cut for time. Something small like that might have gotten trimmed.

4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    They could use those deleted scenes as bonus features on the blu-ray... if they were still releasing the series in physical media. :(

The2ndQuest and pronker like this.
  5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Alas. Maybe as D+ extras or as an extended version.

6. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Netflix still has the series for a while, but anyone who wants to own a digital copy might want to look at iTunes, they have the complete series for $50 [face_dancing]

pronker likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm hoping the series continues to come out on BD overseas and I can nab a region free copy of the remaining seasons- or at least a copy that I can acquire a dedicated region player for.

Yodaminch, pronker and Princess_Tina like this.
  8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Worth seeking out!

[​IMG]

Juliet316, pronker and The2ndQuest like this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I was kinda hoping that Sousa had stayed behind or ended up somewhere in the mid 2000s timestream so he could fulfill his destiny as AvengersCop Sousa.

10. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Is there an official list or something of what SHIELD bases were shown and then one by one got blitzed by the Chronicoms? The Hub, Fridge, etc.,:confused:

11. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Another fan Main on End for AOS- this one does the timing much better, and covers the final season as well.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  14. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i just came across her channel too :)

pronker likes this.
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Blind Wave nabbed a few props from the show's auction, from Seasons 2, 3, 5 & 7:

Mockingbird's Batons w/display stand are my favorite from this group, though a few of them are pretty cool.

pronker and Juliet316 like this.
  16. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    pronker, Juliet316 and The2ndQuest like this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's SHIELD- theirs must self-balance ;).

Alpha-Red, Juliet316 and pronker like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Juliet316 and pronker like this.
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, was thinking about the Snap and AOS retcons in regards to timelines and how it’s essentially like we’re missing one episode- or even just a prologue scene- set before S6 dealing with the effects of the Snap on the SHIELD team.

And that got me thinking- up until now we basically just had to assume the SHIELD team came out on top of the law of averages from the Snap compared to social groups and teams that lost out heavily, like the Guardians.

But maybe it wasn’t entirely random chance for the full team? And, if so, that then makes me wonder who would be left over that actually would be subjected to the Snap’s random chance in such a theoretical S6 prologue sequence/episode?

What sparked this notion was the observation that, perhaps, the destroyed Earth future created by the monolith’s time loop could still have existed (and, in all likelihood, DID exist) in a timeline where the Snap happened. Thanos snapped, leaves to go farm, Gravitron cracks the world, Coulson still dies, Kasius moves in.

Which means that anyone inside the time loop from the team was not (and, likely, could not be) snapped (whether because of the time loop itself or the result of not causing an alternate timeline branch being a path of least resistance for the gauntlet to fulfill Thanos’s wish, it doesn’t really matter). Which means that only the other characters were subjected to the odds of the Snap.

So, who were those characters? We can rule out Fitzsimmons, Yoyo, Mack, May & Robin as unsnappables as they’re all in the forward-flashbacks of evac’ing to the Lighthouse.

I don’t think we saw Davis, Piper or Deke in those scenes, so they would still be fair game (and, as they’re around in Seasons 6-7, came out on top). Who else is left that might have either been snapped or survived being snapped?

Hunter and Bobbi could have been (as at least Hunter had been in contact with them within the last 6 months), as well as Mike Peterson. There’s also the new recruits at the start of S6 but I forget how new they were or if they had been with SHIELD during the Snap.

Obviously there are a bunch of red shirts as well, but I’m trying to constrain this to named characters. Any “real SHIELD” survivors, perhaps? We’ve had an awful lot of casualties on this show, lol.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    Juliet316, pronker and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Interesting notion that simple time-loop mechanics meant they couldn't be snapped in any timeline, by jumping to the future it made them immune. Solid answer for me.

For other Marvel TeeVee shows, I always thought Cloak and Dagger were immune because of their "divine pairing" and Runaways starts getting into time travel later on (with stuff set during the Blip period and they don't look too devistated) so maybe if somebody time traveled ahead of Thanos' snap it means they can't be snapped.

Matt Murdock didn't get snapped cuz he's freakin Daredevil, dammit. He'd dodge it.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Jumping into the future and staying there would pretty easily avoid the Snap- that wouldn't help the SHIELD team (since they came back before the Snap) but would save them if they had stayed (well, except for Fitz). You'd need a loop mechanic to introduce the possibility of creating an alternate timeline as a reason for time travel providing protection from the Snap (or, at the very least, "rigging the game" to mandate that you are part of the 50% that survives- which would mean if you did it intentionally you'd technically be forcing your potential erasure onto someone else and into a certainty).

I don't think C&D would be protected- they're linked to Darkforce, which is Zero Matter, which is just a mixture of alternate dimensional energy and magic (ala how some witches and sorcerers draw energy from the Dark Dimension). If Doctor Strange, one of the most powerful beings connected to dimensional and magical energies, couldn't survive the Snap, I doubt C&D could.

(Also, if C&D were immune, that would suggest that Blackout [if he were still alive] and Coulson’s cellist Ex-girlfriend [or whomever was his true divine pairing if he mistook her for his] would be immune and that wouldn’t seem right, IMO)

And, though not definitive canon, a Daily Bugle paper displayed at Disneyland about Endgame events established Matt and Luke surviving the Snap.

EDIT- Though I suppose a flaw in the theory is that the destroyed earth loop is an alternate timeline branch itself, created by the monolith- and when they broke the loop and reentered the prime timeline, they’d technically no longer be subjected to the loop’s protections.

So, one would have to assume that the Snap results were identical between both branches (the only difference being swapping Daisy and Gravitron) for them to be protected at that point- or at least that breaking the loop wouldn’t affect the random outcome from it otherwise would have been.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  22. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    pronker likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, early Season 1 is still a little rough- especially if you were watching it when it first aired (it's not as bad if you're binging it- still some problems and the quality was uneven, but the connective tissue was more obvious and you don't have to deal with reruns treading water waiting for Winter Solider to come out :p).

Definitely has a vocal fanbase still. Most of the negativity comes from those that want to believe it's not part of the MCU because it was a pre-Marvel Studios TV show. But that notion never really held water (and, simultaneously with recent events, basically blown out of the water), even though Feige has been reluctant to connect to back to it heavily beyond Agent Carter as an intermediary.

The other shows have had some stronger seasons here or there, but AOS as a whole, IMO, is still a legitimate argument for the best, traditional, comic/superhero TV series. Daredevil is probably the only one that has come close.

pronker, Juliet316 and Thena like this.
  24. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Is there really a reluctance from Feige to confirm that AOS is part of the MCU still or is that just the audience perception? What would be the reluctance? AOS was definitely part of the MCU at one point but at the same time it's my understanding that it wasn't that connected to the MCU because they didn't want the show muddling up MCU narrative and vise versa with the show narrative.

Are there story arcs from the show that contradict the MCU movies?

pronker likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not really, no. The closest thing to a contradiction is that the showrunners didn't know about the 5 year Blip when they made Seasons 6-7 (assuming that the unsnappening would fix things in Endgame after a shorter period of of time and, so, jumped ahead only 1 year). But, even though they don't show any effects of the Blip that they're retroactively then set during, they lucked out that the settings and story of those seasons don't contradict the Blip having occurred, either (so long as one assumes the core team wasn't snapped to average out other social groups [like the Guardians] getting decimated). And even then, they managed to tie it back around to a connection with Endgame in the final episode, so it still works.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    pronker and Juliet316 like this.