main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends Aggressive Negotiations, SW/ST. Kyp, Miko and others. New post 12/5/2010

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    This is a crossover with Star Trek-natch. ;) It takes place in 2378 and two years past the end of the YJK, with no NJO happening. It is canon with [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/29658139/p1/?381]Where No Jedi Has Gone Before[/link] and all the various spin offs. :p

If you wish to be PMed for updates, please let me know! All PMs are sent through my sock StrikerFive.

PM List
    ZebulaNebula
    TIEPilot051999
    DaenaBenjen42
    Ceillean
    Jade_eyes
    CelseteAntola
    StookyMalarkey
    biganimefan
    Jaded_Girl
    Thrawn McEwok
    Adalia-Durron
    mrjop2

Here we go!

Chapter One: First Impressions, First Disaster
    2378/Stardate 55264.9/26 years after the Battle of Yavin

The sun rose over the First city of the Klingon Empire, turning the Qam-Chee River crimson with its rays. Merchants opened their shops along streets that were already filling with foot traffic and speeders. The Great Hall's doors opened, a symbolic gesture of hiding nothing and showing their 'honesty' to the galaxy at large.

At the center of the Great Hall, two dozen Klingon senators walked into the main hall and stood before a steel-gray throne. Each one wore the ceremonial metal robes of their office and were unarmed save for a ceremonial d'k tagh knife holstered at their belt. At precisely 800 hours local time, a burly Klingon swathed in the cloak of office approached the throne from behind and walked up the steps to it.

Chancellor Martok, son of Urthog, turned and sat down, grunting and looking out at the assembled councilors with his one good eye. ?I call this meeting of the Klingon High Council to order!? he shouted, banging on his armrest. A smile crossed his face. ?Well, as much order as a group of Klingons can muster,? he said, his smile turning into a grin. He pulled a PADD out from a band on his cloak and touched the screen, scrolling through its contents. ?Now to the first order of business...?

Several hours passed as edicts and orders were given. Reports from General Goluk, head of the Defense Force and other top warriors were heard. Councilors talked of laws and amendments. After lunch, petitioners were let in to be heard.

The back of the High Council parted slightly, allowing those with enough clout or with big enough problems to speak to the High Council. Four humanoids in brown robes reaching down to right above the ground approached, hoods covering their heads. The lead one reached up and pulled his hood back, revealing a human male with green eyes and long black hair tied into a ponytail. He looked up at Martok and bowed his head. ?Chancellor Martok, I am Kyp Durron, Jedi Master from the New Republic.? He motioned to the others, who took off their hoods. ?May I introduce Miko Reglia, Ganner Rhysode and Wurth Skidder??

There was silence for a moment before Martok leaned forward, looking down slightly at the Jedi. ?And?? he asked, waving at Kyp. ?Is this some sort of diplomatic entreaty? Are we supposed to be impressed by you in some fashion??

Kyp's eyes narrowed. ?From what we've heard from the Federation, Klingons prefer actions to words.? He pushed back his robe, reaching up and unclasping it from around his neck and letting it drop to the stone floor. He stood in the middle of the Great Hall, bare arms rippling with muscle. His right hand dangled near his belt and the lightsaber clipped to it. ?So, Chancellor. Shall I act??

One of the councilors snorted and crossed his thick arms over a barrel-like chest, almost bursting from his armor. ?Act? Be silent, child. Your posturing does little to endear the New Republic to us. At least the Remnant sent someone qualified for negotiations.?

Kyp's spine bristled as he wheeled around on his heel to face the councilor, but Wurth suddenly spoke up. ?The Remnant?? he half-shouted, turning his head and locking piercing eyes onto the Councilor. ?I thought you folks had more honor than that!?

A low growl escaped the Councilor's mouth, rumbling up from his throat. He unsheathed his knife and slid a switch on it, causing two secondary blades to spring f

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Oh my but you just brought a big fat smile onto my face. :D I so needed this today. [face_dancing]

He stood in the middle of the Great Hall, bare arms rippling with muscle. His right hand dangled near his belt and the lightsaber clipped to it. ?So, Chancellor. Shall I act??

=P~ 'Nuff said, yes?

?The Remnant?? he half-shouted, turning his head and locking piercing eyes onto the Councilor. ?I thought you folks had more honor than that!?

Ouch. Bad thing to say to a Klingon.

?STAND DOWN!? Kyp bellowed, his face flushing. He locked his flashing green eyes on Gartul. ?Although if you do harm Wurth, it will be the last mistake you ever make.?

Woohoo, go Kyp! :D I love him like this. [face_love]

Aye, this is great! Thanks so much for the PM. So the New Republic AND the Remnant are looking into an alliance with the Klingons? Interesting, interesting. Hope you update soon, too. :D

=D==D=

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    I, like Ceillean, smiled like a fool over the Kyp parts -- so cool -- so edible with those rippling muscles and flashing green eyes :D Yup, he's at the top of my green eyed SW loves list [face_laugh]

Definitely keep me on the list!

Squee!

4. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Ohhh boy ... leave it to Kyp and company to royally muck something like this up. Oh well, could've been worse ... nobody got seriously hurt. And he should know damn well that the Remnant under Pellaeon is far more honorable than Palpy's Empire. I really laughed at Wurth getting humbled ... I don't want to see anyone seriously hurt, but he could use getting taken down a peg. All in all, not too bad a start for the Jedi. Love to see where you take this.

5. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Was going to wait until I was off the chocolate high to do reviews, but... then I wouldn't be doing reviews this week, and that's just no fun. (No. I wish to stay ON the PM list thing.) So... review!!!

You and JediFalcon are making me love the Kypster again. You realize that, right? (I liked him at first, and then he put Luke in a coma and had bad NJO characterization.)

Kyp looked to Martok as he sat, grinning on his throne. ?Typical for the High Council?? He straightened up and placed his hands on his hips. ?We're here to talk, not fight.?

Martok shook his head and peered at the young man with his one good eye. ?We are Klingons, Master Durron. We can do both!? He leaned forward and the grin dropped away. ?Welcome to the Klingon Empire.?

Hee-hee!!! And what a way to start. :D

6. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    *laughs*

That was great!

I've not read any SW/ST crossovers before, but this one's intriguing... :D Kyp being in it helps... :p

PM's when you update? :)

~Celeste

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Ceillean-Thanks. I don't write Kyp that often, I'll admit. Glad I did him well. :)

Jade_eyes-LOL, thanks. Kyp is pretty cool, there. :)

Zeb-Well, it's not that bad. ;) Klingons can joke around with the best of them, too. ;) Glad you like.

Daena-LOL, good points there. :D Chocolate is good, review better. ;) Yes, what a way. ;)

Celeste-Thank you for replying. :) Any questions, just ask. Added to the list.

Jaroul is my creation.

Here we go!

Ganner and Miko hovered over Wurth as the latter sat on a wooden bench pushed up against a stone wall. ?I think the nose is healing nicely,? Ganner observed, poking at a bluish area of skin right next to the left nostril. ?It really was a good hit.?

Wurth arched his eyebrows at his friend. ?Gee, thanks for your concern.? He leaned over and stared at Kyp from across the room. ?A little help here, fearless leader??

Kyp's head tilted up as he lay sprawled across a metal plank hanging from another stone wall. He leveraged himself up with help from a chain attached to the bench and grinned. ?I think you're doing fine, Wurth.? He looked around the room the Klingons had provided for them. Torches in braziers were mounted on the walls, actually bolted in-or faked for aesthetic purposes. Shelves with actual paper books and weapons straight out of a fantasy novel hanging from the walls were also there in their four-room living quarters.

Still, modern touches like computer panels, automatic doors, control panels and supposed replicators were scattered about. Kyp stood up and walked over to a small recessed section in a wall lined with modern-looking material. He cleared his voice. ?Water,? he said. He was rewarded as a small metal tankard materialized in a swirl of colors. He picked up the pewter-colored mug and sniffed it, not feeling anything untoward from it. Kyp took a sip before draining it. ?Best water I've ever had,? he said, grinning.

Miko glanced over from where he leaned over Wurth. ?It can't be that good,? he remarked. He straightened up and walked over to the replicator, leaning over and peering into the little alcove. ?Think it makes nerf steak?? he said, chuckling.

?I doubt they've ever heard of nerf,? Kyp said, smiling. The smile suddenly dropped away. ?Damn, I don't know any Klingon foods.? His lips curled slightly and he balled his fist up. The Jedi Master paced around a bit before throwing up his muscular arms. ?The diplomatic corps sent us with bare-bones knowledge at best! All we know is Klingons like to fight and are one of the Federation's allies.? He walked up to one of the decorations and picked at it. ?And apparently they like old stuff??

All four men suddenly look to the door as they sensed someone approaching. Ganner's blue eyes narrowed. ?I don't think... she.? He glanced to Kyp and nodded once. ?I don't sense anything off from her.? His nostrils flared and he swallowed. ?And I think I smell food!?

Kyp raised his hand and gestured, sending out a small telekinetic push. The door slid open, revealing a young Klingon female, appearing to be about Kyp's age. She wore an ankle-length silver dress, with black boots peeking out right below the hem and a red chain-mail blouse cinched with a black belt. A knife was sheathed in the belt, along with a few pouches. Her thin but toned right arm was extended to a control panel near the doorframe, but her fingers had not yet touched the buttons.

Her eyes widened slightly, pushing her almost petite forehead crest back slightly. Her mouth formed a small 'o' of surprise as she stared at the door. She looked inside at the four men and her hand clenched slightly. ?Did you do that?? she asked, snarling slightly.

Kyp raised his hand and waggled his fingers. ?Sorry about that,? he said, smiling. ?Just wanted to make sure no one was trying to kill us or anything like that.? He waved his arm out to the room. ?Please come in. My name is Kyp Durron.? He gestured to the other Jedi in the room. ?This is Ganner Rhysode, Wurth Skidder and Miko Reglia,? he said, introducing them.

8. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Ganner turned and tossed Kyp a salute. ?Just wanna sit down, maybe read some literature.? He gave Kyp a wink and smirk. ?You keep negotiating with Jaroul there, Kyp. Make some real connections with the Empire,? he said before exiting.

Slick. [face_laugh]

Jaroul seems to be a lovely character. And she gets Kyp flustered! I loved that part.

Great update.
    More soon, yes? [face_batting]

9. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Ohhh boy ... looks like Kyp and Jaroul are getting along rather swimmingly, at least so far. Sounds like the Jedi can appreciate Klingon food ... impressive ... then again, they're rather macho for Jedi. Loved Kyp explaining the Force to Jaroul ... and the random prompt. Hope the meeting goes well.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yuppers, Kyp is definitely the babe magnet no matter who the lady is LOL

Jaroul is cool!!!!

She apparently thinks Kyp is too. :D

No brainer!

;)

11. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was great!

It's so fun seeing Kyp flustered for a change... I'm liking how aggressive Jaroul is with him... Durron needs someone like her! ;)

Great update!

~Celeste

12. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Well... I started watching Trek again. You'll never know how much I missed it...

Chocolate is good, review better.

This is true... (But don't knock the chocolate. Troi would beat you up.)

Kyp nodded as Ganner and Miko walked over and began eating. ?Jedi healing trance, along with some bacta patches earlier.? A smile played over his face. ?I thought Klingons liked scars, though.?

Jaroul snorted as she picked up a pipius claw and bit into it, breaking the shell open with her teeth and sucking the meat out. ?Scars in battle, not scars when humbled by a High Council member.?

Heee... I like her already.

?If we don't get some sense of how to act tomorrow, or what proper decorum for Klingons is, we could cause an interstellar incident. Or a war. Or worse.?

Kyp... worried about causing an interstellar war... I like the maturity he's showing here, along with the asking for behavioral direction from Jaroul. Well done, that.

Well done and good chapter. :)

13. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    Hi Striker, the story sounds good so far. MY only grip is the "flashs of insight" bit, since I've never heard of this occuring before in Star Wars, and it could lead to some bad writing later on. I'd avoid using that gimmick to introduce concepts and ideas later on in the story.

14. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    *whew!* Back on the boards and all is well with the universe! Please add me to the PM list! [face_batting]

Post 5/5: ?Chancellor Martok, I am Kyp Durron, Jedi Master from the New Republic.? He motioned to the others, who took off their hoods. ?May I introduce Miko Reglia, Ganner Rhysode and Wurth Skidder??

o_O *grabs WWI-style metal helmet and hunkers down behind something sturdy* This has got "not gonna be pretty" written all over it...

Wurth walked over, closing the distance with Gartul. He rolled his shoulders and swung his lightsaber at Gartul's right hand, aiming for the blade. ?Don't say-? He stopped talking and his mouth dropped in surprise when his plasma blade hit the d'k tahg and stopped, bouncing off slightly. ?What the kriff??

*See TVTropes.org listing under "Oh Crap"* *also all that stuff about pride going before the fall*

~Kyp looked to Martok as he sat, grinning on his throne. ?Typical for the High Council?? He straightened up and placed his hands on his hips. ?We're here to talk, not fight.?
    ~Martok shook his head and peered at the young man with his one good eye. ?We are Klingons, Master Durron. We can do both!? He leaned forward and the grin dropped away. ?Welcome to the Klingon Empire.?

...On the other hand, maybe these four have found their true calling! :D

Post 5/26: ?I think the nose is healing nicely,? Ganner observed, poking at a bluish area of skin right next to the left nostril. ?It really was a good hit.?

Okay, let's face it; Ganner was about the best original character in the NJO, or at least he had a kick-@$$ ending. You can't help but like him at the end of... was it "Traitor"? Or whatever. His You shall not pass vies and perhaps even surpasses Gandalf's in pure awesomeness!

She spied Ganner as he paused before taking a bite of heart of targ and her lips curled. ?Oh, please. Warriors do not resort to poison!?

Amen! I like her!

Ganner turned and tossed Kyp a salute. ?Just wanna sit down, maybe read some literature.? He gave Kyp a wink and smirk. ?You keep negotiating with Jaroul there, Kyp. Make some real connections with the Empire,? he said before exiting.

Oh, good grief... they're as bad as the Rogues. And the Wraiths.

It is all manner of hilarious that Kyp is finding someone too pushy.

Kyp also nodded while his mind searched frantically for just who the hell Molor was. ?Yeah, precisely..." I name a Klingon I've never heard of. Thank you very much, Force. He cleared his throat. ?So... oh, kriff it. Who is Molor??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] And once again, Striker, you have a marvelous talent for making characters I intensely dislike utterly likeable- even loveable!- in your fics. I am amazed and appreciative!

~ ?If we don't get some sense of how to act tomorrow, or what proper decorum for Klingons is, we could cause an interstellar incident. Or a war. Or worse.?
    ~?Worse than a war?? Ganner asked.

Please, PLEASE see the comment immediately above. Seriously, how do you do it?

Jaroul ignored him and focused on Kyp. She looked him over before nodding. ?I shall tell you all I know.? She bared her teeth and spread her arms out. ?Welcome to my world.?

*squee!* Up! Up up up! ^_^

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Cei-LOL, thanks. It's actually kinda enjoyable to put the Jedi through the wringer. [face_devil] And Jaroul's the perfect instrument.

Zeb-Well, those four have a cast-durasteel stomach. ;) I think the meeting will go well, too. Or not. :p

Jade_eyes-Thanks. :) I like Jaroul, too. And of course she'd find him cool.

Celsete-Well, Durron needs someone. ;) Yeah, Klingon behavior can be a bit... offputting to humans.

Daena-Yeah, ST is so awesome. :) I'll try not to disrespect chocolate. Glad you like her. And yeah, Kyp's matured a bit.

Stooky-Thanks. And don't worry. That was a one-shot deal that, if you'll notice, more hindered Kyp than anything. ;)

Jeded_Girl-Ah, welcome! And added. :) No, not pretty. LOL, perhaps this is their true calling. Traitor, yes. Sadly, then he died. :rolleyes: Do we have a headdesk icon yet? I'm actually channeling a bit of 'Starfighters of Adumar' here. :p I don't know how I do it, but thanks. :)

I made up the name of Kyp's father.

Here we go!

Chapter Two: Second Chances, Same Results?
    The next morning
    The four Jedi marched down the stone corridors of the Great Hall, robes left in their quarters. Their boots echoed off the walls and ceilings as they muscled their way past Klingons and a few other aliens. Kyp took the lead, eyes narrow and hands clenched by his side. His long hair was tied up in a ponytail and trailed down to right below his neck. Ganner was by his right, the scar down the right side of his face and just behind his eye making his face seem even longer. Wurth and Miko trailed behind, eyes straight ahead and senses alert for any danger.

As they made their way, Kyp's mind flashed to last night and the lessons Jaroul imparted. He went over them again and again, hoping he interpreted them right...

?Stand up!? Jaroul barked. She placed her hands on her hips and walked along the line of Jedi, eyes trailing up and down. ?Do not hide your heads in front of the High Council. Leave the robes here. State your case clearly to Chancellor Martok.? Her gaze shot to Miko at the end. ?And stop trying to blend into the background!?

Miko blinked. ?I wasn't,? he mumbled, glancing to the floor.

Jaroul was in front of him in an instant. She placed a finger on the bottom of his chin and tilted his head up. ?Look us in the eye, Miko. Keep your head up and eyes sharp.? She looked to Ganner standing to Miko's right. ?How did you get that scar??

Ganner's hand came up and brushed against the long, red scar going down the right side of his face. ?In battle!? he proclaimed, grinning widely.

?And by 'battle', he means a bar brawl in Kuat,? Wurth said, leaning to his left and in front of Ganner. ?It was one hell of a row, too. He actually did a bar slide into the lap of some-?

Ganner wrapped his head around Wurth's head and squeezed, gritting his teeth. ?Shut the hell up!? he growled as the two wheeled around, stumbling away. He tried keeping his arms around the younger man's head, but Wurth brought his hands up and forced them through, giving his cranium some relief from the pressure. ?Stop squirming so I can-shavit!? he shouted as he and Wurth collided with the wall, falling down.

Jaroul peeled her eyes away from them and looked to Kyp. ?It might be a good idea to go alone,? she said. She looked to Miko. ?This one is too timid for Klingons. And the other two are fools.?

Miko's gaze hardened. ?'This one' is right here, thank you very much. And would prefer to be addressed directly.? He crossed his arms and glanced away, anger flaring for an instant before dying down. ?I know I'm-?

?Speak to me!? Jaroul raged, stomping over to him and grabbing his arm. She whipped him around to face her as spittle flew from the corners from her mouth and her eyes blazed. ?Do not turn your back to a Klingon, Miko Reglia! Face us with conviction in your heart. Face us with truth on your lips and your eyes leading to your soul.?

Kyp gestured and Jaroul suddenly turned around, wobbling a bit. He reared back and suddenly backhanded her across the face, send

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very very cool and intense update. :) Kyp still is awe-some! This Maarek -- I don't trust him [face_worried]

[face_thinking]

17. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Awesome post. Looks like Kyp's hit the ground running just fine ... I don't think I like Maarek Stele's presence very much ... more than a tad ominous. Hmmm ... interesting hints there of some possible Kyp/Jaroul down the line. Looks like the guys are going to have to really memorize a lot of cultural cues, though. That'll be interesting ... especially with what the Klingons have written meaning into.

18. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    *See TVTropes.org listing under "Oh Crap"*

Huh? *goes and looks...* Oh. You know... that's gotta be the best screen capture of that particular expression I've ever seen...

Striker, I was mostly kidding. About the chocolate, I mean. Mostly.

?Want us to go read some more literature, Kyp? I'm sure we can reread 'Kahless against Molor' a few more times.?

If he wants, I'm sure someone can scrape up a version of "Darmok and Jelad at Tenagra." (I know those people weren't Klingnons, but Ganner definitely wouldn't be bored...)

Off to the side, Miko shook his head and let out a slow whistle. ?I have got a-?

Ganner scowled. ?Don't. Even. Think about finishing that sentence, Miko. We've got enough migraines already.?

The younger man's lips curled in a smirk. ?Maybe this latest will cause our heads to explode and put us out of our misery??

[face_laugh]

Wonderful chapter, Striker. :)

19. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    ~Her gaze shot to Miko at the end. ?And stop trying to blend into the background!?
    ~Miko blinked. ?I wasn't,? he mumbled, glancing to the floor.

Sure thing, Cleopatra. :rolleyes:

Jaroul wiped her mouth and slowly got to her feet. She looked Kyp over and shook her head. ?That was not a good thing to do, my dear Jedi,? she said with bloodstained teeth... Next time, use a straight punch. A backhand is either the invitation to a duel to the death... or a mating ritual.? She brought his hand up to her still-bleeding lips and kissed it. ?Although for Klingons, it can also be both!?

And now the real question is is Kyp coming on to her accidentally, or subconsciously? The Force seems to be nudging him in the direction of... shall we say, experiments regarding interspecies biological compatibility. [face_whistling]

Ganner was by his side in an instant. He placed his forearm on Kyp's shoulder and leaned slightly, using the Force for mild help in staying balanced. ?Want us to go read some more literature, Kyp? I'm sure we can reread 'Kahless against Molor' a few more times.?

[face_laugh]

Kyp tilted his head to the side and locked his eyes with Martok's. ?Chancellor, I've never taken the long way around when going to my goals.?

Boy, if that isn't Kyp in a nutshell, I don't know what is. And I am unfamiliar with this Maarek Stele, but I don't trust him as far as I can throw him! [face_very_suspicious]

Ganner's head tilted down for a moment before it shot back up. ?I have a bad feeling about this.? He waited a beat, then his entire arm blurred as he smacked Miko on the back of the head. ?It didn't work!?

Gah! They are so cute! ^_^

Uppers!

RK_Striker_JK_5 likes this.
  20. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I have a vague memory of Maarek Steele...pilot?

You had me laughing with Wurth and Ganner. [face_laugh] Those two are hilarious.
    And I completely adore Jaroul. Awesome Klingon gal there. :cool:

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Jade_eyes-Thanks! :) As for Maarek... you'll see. ;)

Zeb-Only 'some' hints? :p [face_laugh] Guess I'm too subtle. ;) And yeah. There's a bit more hidden depths to the Klingons than what people think.

Daena-Hope you don't get sucked in by the site. :p Yes, Ganner would like that one. Glad you liked.

Jaded_Girl- ~Her gaze shot to Miko at the end. ?And stop trying to blend into the background!?
    ~Miko blinked. ?I wasn't,? he mumbled, glancing to the floor.

Sure thing, Cleopatra. rolling_eyes

Ooh, burn! [face_laugh] I'm not sure, actually, why Kyp's doing it. ;)Also don't like Maarek? You'll see. Just remember the Thrawn...

Cei-Pilot, among other things. Glad you like the characters. :)

The Beyond the Saga Awards have started! Go [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/31083453/p1/?6]here[/link] for more info. This fic has already been nommed for best crossover and canon interpretation, male. :D [:D]

[link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maarek_Stele]Here[/link] is Maarek Stele's bio

My mother has begun walking outside, too. Her stitches come out Wednesday. :D

Here we go!

Kyp ignored the others. He stepped around Maarek and approached Martok on his throne. ?As I was saying, we can be stronger together. Bacta can heal your wounds and get you back to your battles faster, allowing you to gain more honor.?

Gartul threw his head back and laughed. ?You sound like a Federation human, Kyp. I knew there was something I liked about you!? The smile fell away. He turned his head to the back where Wurth stood. ?But what is your role, young one? What do you contribute here??

Wurth spun around on his heel, facing Gartul directly. He strode forward, hands clenching and toned arms flexing slightly from the motion. ?I am Master Durron's cha'DIch. I am his second, his blade.? He turned at the waist to look at Kyp. ?He uses words as weapons here.? He looked back at Gartul and patted the emitter hilt hanging from his belt. ?Ganner, Miko and I will use our blades as weapons.?

Gartul nodded, dipping his head. ?But your lightsabers do not slice our weapons in half,? he observed. ?What then?? he asked, patting the knife holstered at his side.

?There's more than one way to skin a targ,? Wurth said, round face stretching slightly as he smiled. His shoulders bobbed and his eyes twinkled. ?Besides, killed by the High Council? What stories they'd tell!? He paused and his head dipped slightly, casting shadows over his eyes. ?The survivors, that is.?

Gartul's frame shook slightly and his face nearly split. ?We must share a barrel of blood wine after this, Wurth!? He leaned forward. ?If you can stomach it, that is.?

?I can stomach it,? Wurth replied, rubbing his chin. He paused mid-motion and his eyebrows furrowed. ?It's not made from real blood, is it??

Kyp paid the two no mind as he continued speaking with Martok. He paced a bit, keeping his gaze firmly planted on Martok's lone eye. ?Bacta to help you get back to battle sooner, ion cannons and hyperdrives.?

Martok grunted. ?Fancy gadgets and healing liquids are nice, but does the New Republic have honor?? His hands tightened on his throne's armrests. ?For too long, the Empire has betrayed the principles of Kahless, gone down the path of the bully and idiot.? His right hand curled into a fist and he slammed it into the stone. ?No more!? He focused on Kyp and stood up, walking down to face the Jedi Master. ?Tell me, Kyp Durron. Is the New Republic honorable??

Kyp's jaw clenched. His green eyes narrowed into emerald slits. ?We are,? he finally stated.

Martok held his gaze for a moment before breaking it. He stepped around Kyp and walked up to Maarek. ?Is the Remnant honorable?? he asked, peering into the former Hand's soul.

Maarek grunted and his feet shifted, but he returned Martok's stare. ?Once, the Empire was also a gang of petty thugs and bullies, led by a tyrant that would make Molor shiver.? He glanced to the side and smirked as several High Council members grumbled. ?But now, we do have honor.?

The

22. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    May I ask, what happened to your Mom?
    Glad she's doing better, though! [:D]

Gartul's frame shook slightly and his face nearly split. ?We must share a barrel of blood wine after this, Wurth!? He leaned forward. ?If you can stomach it, that is.?

?I can stomach it,? Wurth replied, rubbing his chin. He paused mid-motion and his eyebrows furrowed. ?It's not made from real blood, is it??

[face_laugh][face_laugh] You portray Wurth superbly! Seriously awesome character here. I wish canon would have done more with him, Ganner and Miko.

?Tell me, Kyp Durron. Is the New Republic honorable??

Oooh, tricky question. Difficult to answer, me thinks. Because some of those NR politicians...well...

He looked up and across at Maarek as he dug into a plate of wriggling worms. ?What is that??

Maarek's yellow eyes looked up from the plate. ?Gagh,? he said. He shoved some of the slick worms into his mouth and bit down hard onto them. ?Not bad, actually. Kind of like Verpine food.?

I doubt I will ever get used to living worms being food. Yuck.
    I remember when Riker first ate Gagh...was kinda funny. :p

?It's a new piece of technology,? Maarek replied. He leaned to the side and picked it up, placing it on a clear spot on the table. He unlocked it and opened the valise, exposing several tubes of blue liquid and pieces of electronic equipment. ?Genetic material of ysalamiri. Based on Federation replicator technology.? he closed the valise and put it back down on the stone floor. ?It's obviously not perfected, but in time it will be.?

Now this is awesome technology. Imagine what this could do if it fell into the wrong hands...[face_thinking][face_devil]
    Aye, the evil side of me speaks. :p

A groan escaped Kyp's mouth. ?I figured they'd have something like that.? He clenched his hand and slammed it into the table. ?How many rights?? he finally asked, lips curling.

I like how strong his reaction is to slavery here. Unlike in canon, where it seems he doesn't care. :rolleyes:

So...up next Kyp and Jaroul, I take it? :p

Wonderful update, Striker! I'm enjoying this more and more everytime.
    And congrats on the noms.

[:D]

23. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Hope you don't get sucked in by the site.

No. Got sucked in by Memory Alpha, however... which was how I discovered that I was missing Star Trek something awful. (And Striker... fix yer linking. Formatting just slightly off.)

?As I was saying, we can be stronger together. Bacta can heal your wounds and get you back to your battles faster, allowing you to gain more honor.?

Klingnons and bacta... do you think they'd not mind the after taste?

?There's more than one way to skin a targ,? Wurth said, round face stretching slightly as he smiled. His shoulders bobbed and his eyes twinkled. ?Besides, killed by the High Council? What stories they'd tell!? He paused and his head dipped slightly, casting shadows over his eyes. ?The survivors, that is.?

I admit to laughing... male bonding! Love it!!!!

?Is the Remnant honorable??

Tricky question to ask, isn't it?

?You're a bit too... straightforward for diplomatic work. There are many twists and turns ahead for you. Are you sure you want to stay here and finish what you started??

Ah, but straightforwardness is a Klingnon thing, so that makes Kyp perfect for this.

Good chapter. :)

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Asking if the NR is honorable is a very loaded question -- depends :p ;)

The Remnant can be honorable as well -- depends on who's leading -- and if it's consolidated or fractured into many squabbling factions [face_thinking]

Loved the bit with Maarek... intriguing technology :D and interesting about the sorta slaves but really subjects o_O Sounds like playing with words to me -- Kyp asks a great question -- if they have no rights it doesn't matter what you call them...

Hmmm. Jaroul again -- fireworks LOL

Congratulations on the crossover nomination. =D=

25. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Oooh ... nice update. Wurth reminds me a bit of one of my RL buddies here with his brashness and boasted-about iron gut. Wouldn't surprise me if there was animal blood in bloodwine. I've heard of cultures here that drink spiked blood. I like Maarek's description of the Empire's honor ... and he seems quite honorable, himself. Loved their party afterward ... not surprised that Kyp and Maarek are comparing notes ... seems like there's a history between them. Hmmm ... these Jeghpu'wI sound like they're pretty much the backbone of the empire, though I'd really like to see them aided towards equality. I wonder about the details of their status ... are they barred from a handful of things, or are they a step above serfs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.