main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If she does I expect it to be some time after she finds Ezra.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You mean like, "what's there left to do for me?"

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am just assuming she does not leave Malacore until shortly before she goes to Sabine.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I meant to suggest what her attitude would be after Sabine and her find Ezra. She'd be like, "well, I guess I might as well look up that son of Anakin everyone's been talking about".

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay then I agree

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I feel like there is no way she won't meet luke at this point. it would be far too much of a big deal for Anakins Skywalkers Padawan to be able to meet his son Luke Skywalker across several decades.

She has clearly survived past ROTJ so it does seem like a matter of time before presumably Dave Filoni makes it happen.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree that it will happen, but I don’t think it will until several years to a decade after ROTJ.

8. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I think it could even be Luke who ends up finding her on Malacore. He could go there after Yoda dies in ROTJ. We only assume he went directly back to the rebel base. He could have received some sort of clue there was something to learn on Malacore. It could add to the explanation as to why Luke is so confident that he can turn Vader back to the light in their final conflict in ROTJ. Her absents in the movie is easy to explain as she could be on the brink of collapse when she is found and in no condition to fight, or with her extended time on such a planet there may be concern she could have been corrupted and they would need to verify her loyalties. She would at that time be the only one who would knew anything about the story of how Anakin became Vader. It was FAMILY that facilitated his turn to the dark side. If Ahsoka tells him about how Anakin's desire to save Padme was what drove him to follow Palpatine in the first place, then it goes to believe that Anakin would be persuaded to turn to the light side if it was to save his own son.

Of course I'm sure I'm completely off the mark, but hey it's a cool theory, and it explains why she wasn't in the movie, and still alive. It also explains why she is finally able to go on the hunt for Ezra, after the battle of Endor. Enough time has clearly passed at least enough for her to recover, and convince people she is still the same Ahsoka as before.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It is a cool theory, but if you're suggesting that Luke meets Ahsoka at some point during the events of ROTJ, you'll get more than just stern reactions from the traditionalist SW fans.

10. Roosterq

Feb 6, 2017
    To be honest I'm pretty much a traditionalist Star Wars fan. Keeping her out of the movie with a believable story would probably keep us traditionalist fans not too outraged... lol

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    A traditionalist SW fan that not only accepts Ahsoka as a character, but could actually appreciates her role enough to suggest a meeting with her and the face of the franchise, himself? Wow. Pinch me lol.

Roosterq and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  12. Roosterq

Feb 6, 2017
    Ahsoka's Tano, I believe you're mistaking Traditionalists, with "Everything but the OT sucks fans". Here's another curve ball for you. I liked the PT for the most part, except for the creepy love scenes between Anakin and Padme. The only thing Star Wars I absolutely hate with every ounce of my being are the Special Edition changes. I would even back off that if the unaltered versions of the OT could be released as maybe a heritage edition or something. I've also been pretty harsh about TLJ. As for Ahsoka, she was introduced, and occupied an era not covered by the movies. She came and went between AOTC and ROTS. If she's stuck on Malacore when ANH begins then there's nothing to really get in a twist about. That planet was shrouded by the dark side, so clearly neither Yoda nor Obi Wan would not have detected she was even alive if they were searching. This is why I said there could have been a clue once Yoda died. Both Yoda and Obi Wan transcended the physical world, and maybe they detected there was something out of place and not dark on Malacore that needed to be sought out. Like I said it's a reach, but it sits well within the movie narrative for me.

13. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    I was looking around on Tumblr a few weeks ago when I found this one post that completely changed my outlook on Vader's failure to kill Ahsoka and Obi-Wan becoming a force ghost:

Every chance he gets, Vader does whatever he can to prove that the man he used to be is gone. But when he tried to kill Obi-Wan, the Force - whether through Obi-Wan becoming a ghost or Ezra saving Ahsoka via the World Between Worlds - snatched them away before he could deliver the final blow (Sure, he technically killed Obi-Wan, but there was no final, visceral, cathartic killing stroke, just Obi-Wan fading into the force at the last second).

Many fans have complained that Vader not killing Ahsoka undermines the significance of Luke redeeming him. After reading this post, I think it actually emphasizes it instead.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    In terms of "traditionalists", I mean those who question anything that may obscure the continuity of the OT films; even the most subtle/obscure ones.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    How is the last of the Jedi you will be obscure?

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Can you rephrase that please?

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yoda says to Luke “the last of the Jedi you will be” that’s what I meant.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well Dave Filoni and the TCW crew essentially covered that when he had Ahsoka walk out on the Jedi Order. Now as far as Ezra is concerned; we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    True, I just wanted to say it was not really obscure continuity.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well if we knew then what we know now, I'm sure more people wouldn't have taken up issue about it.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    True enough

22. Roosterq

Feb 6, 2017
    Even had she remained with the Jedi order, her being stranded on a planet shrouded by the dark side makes Yoda's statement cohesive. He would not have known she survived.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He would also assume that Ezra died, or was lost when he jumped to hyperspace

Roosterq and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's something I haven't thought of. It's a fair point.

25. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I don't think people need to take Yodas statements literally either. He is aware of Ezra, and likely Ahsoka as well, but neither are part of the traditional Jedi Order, nor were either destined to defeat Vader or the Emperor. Luke is his last hope, and Leia is his backup plan. Much of what Yoda claimed was said out of desperation in my opinion - same with Kenobi. They both wanted the offspring of Skywalker to bring balance back - something that couldn't be fulfilled by any other survivor or Force sensitive being...